What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG DC/Balt/Philly Auction League (1 Viewer)

Fear The Turtle

Footballguy
Just completed our second season. We had 12 teams, looking to bump to 14 for 2010. WCOFF scoring, best ball, ppr, with a modest entry fee of about $60. We'll again use a very sweet auction system, courtesy of the only auctioneer this league has ever known, roadkill1292. Location has yet to be determined with Glenelg and Bethesda, MD in the running. Probably sometime in August.

1. roarlions (champ)

2. phillyfan72

3. nittanylion

4. Jeff Pasquino

5. ravnzfan

6. CommuterMan

7. pablito

8. Fear The Turtle

9. Go DC Yourself

10. renesauz

11. Rayderr

12. MONKEY

13. Max Power (maybe)

14. stp-d (maybe)

Shotgun: roadkill1292

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused: I was just coming in to bump this and keep it on page 1. But you're slipping, gb. Ravnzfan started last year's thread before Christmas.

roadkill1292 said:
:goodposting: I was just coming in to bump this and keep it on page 1. But you're slipping, gb. Ravnzfan started last year's thread before Christmas.
i'd be interested if can call in remotely, but MD is too much of a hall from philly...

roadkill1292 said:
:lmao: I was just coming in to bump this and keep it on page 1. But you're slipping, gb. Ravnzfan started last year's thread before Christmas.
i'd be interested if can call in remotely, but MD is too much of a hall from philly...
This isn't my call to make but, even though our auction system is equipped to handle a remote participant, it makes things a lot more complicated. Also, this league was always more about social interaction than it was about the competition; basically it was a chance to meet fellow FBGs and drink beer. If you check out last year's thread you'll read about a guy who drove up from the Norfolk area. That was pretty hard core.

roadkill1292 said:
:thumbup: I was just coming in to bump this and keep it on page 1. But you're slipping, gb. Ravnzfan started last year's thread before Christmas.
This isn't my call to make but, even though our auction system is equipped to handle a remote participant, it makes things a lot more complicated. Also, this league was always more about social interaction than it was about the competition; basically it was a chance to meet fellow FBGs and drink beer. If you check out last year's thread you'll read about a guy who drove up from the Norfolk area. That was pretty hard core.
Right, roadie, this was always about an in person get-together of FBGs. As you stated, one stud made it up from Hampton Roads, which has Philly beat by about 100 miles. We'd love to have you, stp, if you can make the trip.

roadkill1292 said:
:goodposting: I was just coming in to bump this and keep it on page 1. But you're slipping, gb. Ravnzfan started last year's thread before Christmas.
Right, roadie, this was always about an in person get-together of FBGs. As you stated, one stud made it up from Hampton Roads, which has Philly beat by about 100 miles. We'd love to have you, stp, if you can make the trip.
Plz keep me on the waiting list and let me know when you have a firm date & location. I would like the opportunity to get a rematch against Pasquino...

Just completed our second season. We had 12 teams, looking to bump to 14 for 2010. WCOFF scoring, best ball, ppr, with a modest entry fee of about $60. We'll again use a very sweet auction system, courtesy of the only auctioneer this league has ever known, roadkill1292. Location has yet to be determined with Glenelg and Bethesda, MD in the running. Probably sometime in August.1. roarlions (champ)2. phillyfan723. nittanylion4. Jeff Pasquino5. ravnzfan6. CommuterMan7. pablito8. Fear The Turtle9. Go DC Yourself 10. renesauz11. Rayderr12. 13.14.Shotgun: roadkill1292
Woodbridge, Va is close.... :lmao:

Just completed our second season. We had 12 teams, looking to bump to 14 for 2010. WCOFF scoring, best ball, ppr, with a modest entry fee of about $60. We'll again use a very sweet auction system, courtesy of the only auctioneer this league has ever known, roadkill1292. Location has yet to be determined with Glenelg and Bethesda, MD in the running. Probably sometime in August.

1. roarlions (champ)

2. phillyfan72

3. nittanylion

4. Jeff Pasquino

5. ravnzfan

6. CommuterMan

7. pablito

8. Fear The Turtle

9. Go DC Yourself

10. renesauz

11. Rayderr

Woodbridge, Va is close.... :unsure:
It's not even near close.Remember: concentrate on the Challenges before you.

"A point in every direction is the same as no point at all." :shrug:

Signed: AFFDL/Broncos.

1. roarlions (champ)

2. phillyfan72

3. nittanylion

4. Jeff Pasquino

5. ravnzfan

6. CommuterMan

7. pablito

8. Fear The Turtle

9. Go DC Yourself

10. renesauz

11. Rayderr

Woodbridge, Va is close.... :wall:
It's not even near close.Remember: concentrate on the Challenges before you.

"A point in every direction is the same as no point at all." :clap:

Signed: AFFDL/Broncos.

Well said oh wise one.I'm just fishin' around anyways...

:kicksrock: I was just coming in to bump this and keep it on page 1. But you're slipping, gb. Ravnzfan started last year's thread before Christmas.
Plz keep me on the waiting list and let me know when you have a firm date & location. I would like the opportunity to get a rematch against Pasquino...
Rematch? From what?

First time I've wandered over here since the season ended... just thought I'd confirm my return for 2010. :coffee:

ETA: Jeff's new DynastyGuys.com is well worth checking out for those so inclined...

Very interested. In the interest of full disclosure, I will only be local for three years. I am stationed at Bolling AFB for three years, so I would not be able to attend the draft after I move on.

Very interested. In the interest of full disclosure, I will only be local for three years. I am stationed at Bolling AFB for three years, so I would not be able to attend the draft after I move on.
We start rosters from scratch every year to accommodate the routine comings and goings so this shouldn't be a problem. The problem is getting Pasquino to the auction on time. :thumbup:

We start rosters from scratch every year to accommodate the routine comings and goings so this shouldn't be a problem. The problem is getting Pasquino to the auction on time. :wall:
Hey!That is correct. :confused:

We start rosters from scratch every year to accommodate the routine comings and goings so this shouldn't be a problem. The problem is getting Pasquino to the auction on time. :pickle:
or have me schedule the auction on my granddaughter's B-day!(scratch Sat 7/31 as an option) :goodposting:

we should be looking @potential draft dates, Saturday being the preferred day, (Sunday) is also an option...these would be the 9 potential dates, let's try to nail this down---post any dates that are NOT goood for you

7/17...(7/18)

7/24...(7/25)

..........(8/1)

8/7......(8/8)

8/14....(8/15)

We start rosters from scratch every year to accommodate the routine comings and goings so this shouldn't be a problem. The problem is getting Pasquino to the auction on time. :P
or have me schedule the auction on my granddaughter's B-day!(scratch Sat 7/31 as an option) :confused:

we should be looking @potential draft dates, Saturday being the preferred day, (Sunday) is also an option...these would be the 9 potential dates, let's try to nail this down---post any dates that are NOT goood for you

7/17...(7/18)

7/24...(7/25)

..........(8/1)

8/7......(8/8)

8/14....(8/15)
I am a "no can do" on 7/17-18.

MONKEY said:
Count me in.
Did you get your questions answered about the scoring system and best ball? Fear The Turtle or Ravenz should have a link to the scoring system somewhere. And best ball means that you don't have to set a lineup, you automatically get your best possible score.

I'm not available Aug. 7, 8 and 14 but, again, all you lose is your odd-man insurance. PhillyFan can run the auction.
I'd like to shoot for Sat 7/24, if that works for everyone as "Date-1"
Probably about the only date that works for me. Oldest son is going off to college this fall and between his activities and planned vacations, weekends in July and August are a mess for me this year.

Hey guys, sorry it took me a while to get back to you. You can mark me down as a maybe again. I had a blast drafting with you guys two years ago, but the 1 hour is now closer to a 6 hour drive. I did plan to get back to MD and see family this summer. I'll keep you posted when some dates start to become clearer.

I'm not available Aug. 7, 8 and 14 but, again, all you lose is your odd-man insurance. PhillyFan can run the auction.
Probably about the only date that works for me. Oldest son is going off to college this fall and between his activities and planned vacations, weekends in July and August are a mess for me this year.
OK, we're gunning for Saturday 7/24 as the draft datehow'z that lookin'? :wub:

good for 7/24:

roadkill--auction master/pinch-hitter

1--Fear the Turtle

2--ravnzfan

3--roarlions

4--pablito

5--Go DC Yourself

6--phillyfan

7--nittnaylion

alt--valhallan

ravnzfan said:
OK, we're gunning for Saturday 7/24 as the draft datehow'z that lookin'? :thumbup:

good for 7/24:

roarlions

roadkill

ravnzfan

pablito
7/24 is great for me.

Jeez, that's early...

...but it's certainly do-able for me...

Also, drafting in Bethesda is still an available option that I can facilitate if the League decides that they want to discuss it.

Looking forward to drafting my OWN Team for a change, :goodposting: !!!

Jeez, that's early......but it's certainly do-able for me...Also, drafting in Bethesda is still an available option that I can facilitate if the League decides that they want to discuss it.Looking forward to drafting my OWN Team for a change, :goodposting: !!!
wkend of 7/31 is no good for me....Aug dates are bad for a host of folksI wouldn't object to moving the rosters to 17/18 instead of 16 to accomodate the early draft

OK, we're gunning for Saturday 7/24 as the draft datehow'z that lookin'? :lmao:

good for 7/24:

1--Fear the Turtle

2--ravnzfan

3--roarlions

4--pablito

5--Go DC Yourself

6--phillyfan

7--nittnaylion

8--CommuterMan

9--renesauz

alt--valhallan
bump-diggity

OK, we're gunning for Saturday 7/24 as the draft datehow'z that lookin'? :)

good for 7/24:

1--Fear the Turtle

2--ravnzfan

3--roarlions

4--pablito

5--Go DC Yourself

6--phillyfan

7--nittnaylion

8--CommuterMan

9--renesauz

10-MONKEY