What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG DC/Balt/Philly Auction League (3 Viewers)

Can someone summarize the league settings one last time? TIA
Best ball, PPR (.5/1/1.5), WCoFF scoring, 1-2-3-1-1 lineup plus one flex. No kicker this year. Also, we've doubled the team D scoring for points against. A shutout will now get you 10 points as opposed to 5 last year, etc. 14 teams with rosters of 16 using a $250 auction bankroll. We'll use the same figure ($250) for our FA bidding.
I like upping the D "Points Against"...we'll use:10=0 points against7=1-65=7-123=13-160=17+I've printed a cheat sheet w/all this for everyone to review before we start, including 2011 League Website...site fees are paid, BTW---simply log into last years link if you still have it and and it will take you to the '11 sitesee everyone @GrillMarx's!

My team is done (and you jokers are STILL bidding on scrubs)

Remember, this is Best Ball.... :)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex, 1Def (no kicker) + 1flex RB/WR/TE

Staggered PPR (0.5RB, 1.0WR, 1.5TE)

QB: Stafford ($11), Cutler ($8)

RB: Frank Gore ($56), Jahvid Best ($29), Joseph Addai ($14), Brandon Jacobs ($8)

WR: Reggie Wayne ($32), Julio Jones ($24), Jeremy Maclin ($15), Lance Moore ($6), Steve Smith (CAR) ($12)

TE: Rob Gronkowski ($11), Jimmy Graham ($12), Kellen Winslow ($4)

K: NO KICKERS!!!

DEF: Pittsburgh ($3), Baltimore ($7 (last player I bought))

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI I think I have the correct DD File for the league. If anyone wants it, email me.

But for now, time to draft another team :)

'Jeff Pasquino said:
My team is done (and you jokers are STILL bidding on scrubs)Remember, this is Best Ball.... :)Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex, 1Def (no kicker) + 1flex RB/WR/TEStaggered PPR (0.5RB, 1.0WR, 1.5TE)QB: Stafford ($11), Cutler ($8)RB: Frank Gore ($56), Jahvid Best ($29), Joseph Addai ($14), Brandon Jacobs ($8)WR: Reggie Wayne ($32), Julio Jones ($24), Jeremy Maclin ($15), Lance Moore ($6), Steve Smith (CAR) ($12)TE: Rob Gronkowski ($11), Jimmy Graham ($12), Kellen Winslow ($4)K: NO KICKERS!!!DEF: Pittsburgh ($3), Baltimore ($7 (last player I bought))
Not worried that you're a tad bit overexposed considering the recent Manning rumor? ;)

I'd have to say that today was our best auction ever. The GrillMarx was golden. Many thanks to Johnny for the hookup. I vote we hold it there every year, if they'll have us. Thanks also to roadie and his Fat Box. Very, very smooth operation this year.

I'll load the rosters as soon as I get them. Great seeing everyone today.

'Jeff Pasquino said:
My team is done (and you jokers are STILL bidding on scrubs)Remember, this is Best Ball.... :)Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex, 1Def (no kicker) + 1flex RB/WR/TEStaggered PPR (0.5RB, 1.0WR, 1.5TE)QB: Stafford ($11), Cutler ($8)RB: Frank Gore ($56), Jahvid Best ($29), Joseph Addai ($14), Brandon Jacobs ($8)WR: Reggie Wayne ($32), Julio Jones ($24), Jeremy Maclin ($15), Lance Moore ($6), Steve Smith (CAR) ($12)TE: Rob Gronkowski ($11), Jimmy Graham ($12), Kellen Winslow ($4)K: NO KICKERS!!!DEF: Pittsburgh ($3), Baltimore ($7 (last player I bought))
Not worried that you're a tad bit overexposed considering the recent Manning rumor? ;)
With 2 Colts? Wayne and Addai will be just fine, even with Kerry Collins.Just looked over this team again - even though I waited to buy guys, I got all of my players with ADPs of Round 9 or better, including a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th (2 6ths, 5 7ths, 3 8ths and 2 9ths). In a best ball league I have to be pleased with that.Of course none of this matters on paper - just ask Redskin fans :)Hey Steve, still working on that Peyton deal? At least you didn't get Cassel :)

Atomic Theory = CHAMPIONSHIP :)
Good seeing your Rene, glad to hear you made it back safe. Nice job taking time out to come see us DC/MD/NoVA folks
:thumbup: to AT for making the annual trek...cat drives from VaBeach area to NW of DC for our auction---although it's time to change the name of the league to "Eagle Fans Auction in Balt/Wash Corridor FFL" :X :bag: waayyy too much of THIS! color garb for my taste!

Peyton will be OK...if not, I roll w/my $3 QB combo and still kick ur ####!

I'd have to say that today was our best auction ever. The GrillMarx was golden. Many thanks to Johnny for the hookup. I vote we hold it there every year, if they'll have us. Thanks also to roadie and his Fat Box. Very, very smooth operation this year. I'll load the rosters as soon as I get them. Great seeing everyone today.
:goodposting:

'Jeff Pasquino said:
With 2 Colts? Wayne and Addai will be just fine, even with Kerry Collins.Just looked over this team again - even though I waited to buy guys, I got all of my players with ADPs of Round 9 or better, including a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th (2 6ths, 5 7ths, 3 8ths and 2 9ths). In a best ball league I have to be pleased with that.Of course none of this matters on paper - just ask Redskin fans :)Hey Steve, still working on that Peyton deal? At least you didn't get Cassel :)
Waiting was definitely a good strategy this year, so great values in the middle of the auction. Despite that, I like the rating the DD gives my team. Now if players can just stay healthy this year (Romo can't get knocked out for the whole season 2 years in a row, can he?) I'll be happy.

Good job by everyone yesterday. It's always great working with pros.

FTR, 208 players bought in 3:50 start to finish, including breaks. Awesome concentration. :thumbup:

Fantastic venue! Thanks again for arranging it Johnny... and thanks to Andy, Melissa and the rest of the staff for SUPER service! Definitely planning on taking Mrs. Pablito there for date night at some point.

Ambivalent on my results. In a year that it paid to wait, I went in hot'n'heavy early. Bought the first player and the last.

are you still looking for someone?bobh1402@comcast.net
Shoot, one day late. One of our 14 owners couldn't make it yesterday so we could've found a spot for you. I'll keep you in mind for next year if you're still game.
:goodposting:sorry Bob, maybe next year.
I just checked...original post Jan '10, and we missed Bob by 1 freakin' day??? unbelievable!I'll make sure we include you in PM's when "putting the band back together" for '12...this is yr 4 for us, the equipment is bought and paid for and we've found an AWESOME venue for the draft! IOW, we'll 'be around'...

in negotiations w/PManning owner--will reveal parts when we get closer to pulling the trigger

in the meantime, here's how we roll:

Orton $2

Fitz $1

MJD $60

SGreene $32

RGrant $11

MLynch $8

PThomas $3

MBush $2

RWhite $61

MWallace $49

MColston $15

RCobb $1

ABrown $1

CCooley $2

FDavis $1

Det-D $1

DD can eat me...I ilke this team

Roethlisberger, Kolb: Solid QB's, both slightly under-rated, IMO.

S. Jackson, Felix Jones, Ryan Mathews, Hightower, and Tolbert: Four starters and the handcuff to one of them. Jackson's not being drafted as a true stud this year, but I'm OK with him at RB1, especially when my RB4 is a legit RB2.

Mike Thomas, Pierre Garcon, Sidney Rice, Jacoby Ford, Burleson, and Lee Evans. OK...there's no #1. IN fact, per DD, my top WR is a #3. But here's the thing, my #6 WR is also a WR3...and this is best ball. IN best ball...depth matters. This would be a weak spot in a normal league (who the hell would I start!?), but in this league, this is a strength!

DD had Thomas as my highest rated WR at WR28, and Evans as my lowest at WR43.

Finley and Olsen at TE: Should work fine.

Philly DST: Will likely drop a WR or RB and pick up a second DST at some point, but I like the Philly DST to score well in all formats this year.

I truly believe this is a very strong contender in a best ball format. IN other formats, it would probably be a middle of the road squad with a ton of headaches (trying to figure out who to start).

'ravnzfan said:
in negotiations w/PManning owner--will reveal parts when we get closer to pulling the trigger

Orton $2

Fitz $1

MJD $60

SGreene $32

RGrant $11

MLynch $8

PThomas $3

MBush $2

RWhite $61

MWallace $49

MColston $15

RCobb $1

ABrown $1

CCooley $2

FDavis $1

Det-D $1

:lmao:

Orton $2

Fitz $1

MJD $60

SGreene $32

RGrant $11

MLynch $8

PThomas $3

MBush $2

RWhite $61

MWallace $49

MColston $15

RCobb $1

ABrown $1

CCooley $2

FDavis $1

Det-D $1

so far, so good!
Here's hoping he picks up the production you were expecting from Colston. :banned: :unsure:

Orton $2

Fitz $1

MJD $60

SGreene $32

RGrant $11

MLynch $8

PThomas $3

MBush $2

RWhite $61

MWallace $49

MColston $15

RCobb $1

ABrown $1

CCooley $2

FDavis $1

Det-D $1

so far, so good!
Here's hoping he picks up the production you were expecting from Colston. :banned: :unsure:
unless Michael Bush has a BIG night tonight, I lose to the avg score of the 12 other teams...UFB :ph34r:

'ravnzfan said:

Orton $2

Fitz $1

MJD $60

SGreene $32

RGrant $11

MLynch $8

PThomas $3

MBush $2

RWhite $61

MWallace $49

MColston $15

RCobb $1

ABrown $1

CCooley $2

FDavis $1

Det-D $1

so far, so good!
unless Michael Bush has a BIG night tonight, I lose to the avg score of the 12 other teams...UFB :ph34r:
:ptts: :confused: :hifive: :lol:

Orton $2

Fitz $1

MJD $60

SGreene $32

RGrant $11

MLynch $8

PThomas $3

MBush $2

RWhite $61

MWallace $49

MColston $15

RCobb $1

ABrown $1

CCooley $2

FDavis $1

Det-D $1

so far, so good!
I did what I could :)

Someone please remind me before our draft next year, assuming we draft at Grill Marx again, to obey the speed limit on Georgia Ave. so I don't get caught speeding by the damn speed cameras! :rant:

I feel your pain. That's a sneaky one heading into Olney. It's gotten me before on the way to Blue Mash. :(

I feel your pain. That's a sneaky one heading into Olney. It's gotten me before on the way to Blue Mash. :(
Can't believe the speed limit on that stretch of road is only 30, not like it was a residential area. Not a nice surprise to find in the mail yesterday.

Can't believe the speed limit on that stretch of road is only 30, not like it was a residential area. Not a nice surprise to find in the mail yesterday.
If you mean Brookeville (the tiny twist on 97/ Ga Ave) then yeah, that's a ##### on purpose and a pure money grab.Montgomery county for ya.

so the co-commish, resident FBG and auction site coordinator take home the money!

(unfortunately, not this co-commish! :wall: )

BIG ups to Paul, Jeff + Johnny on putting together excellent squads and maintaining during the course of the season...I was a man down most of the yr and just never found the WW guy to make up for it

I'm going to start a seperate 2012 thread...let's have everyone check in there that is IN for '12 season

Does this league pay out anything for regular season finish?
No roadie, it's a 60/30/10 split amongst the top 3 playoff finishers.
Thanks, Paul. I've been conducting a very informal census of how leagues break up their payouts. What I've found is that not only does it appear that a majority of leagues operate in this manner but that many of those have never even considered paying something for regular season results. The members of my local league find this evolution a little strange.

Users who are viewing this thread