What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 - Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

3.02 Steve Smith WR NYG
Remember when you could pick Steve Smith at the 2/3 turn and everyone would know who you were talking about. I thought the Steve Smith might be picked ahead of the real Steve Smith this year.
If they were both there, I was going to still take the same one.
I thought about the NYG Smith, but I think Nicks & Manningham will cut into his catches next year.

3.05 Matt Forte', RB Da Bears
Interesting pick, feels a little early especially with you already having Gore in tow and no WRs. Was eyeing him at the end of round3 if he slid that far.
We'll see where he goes in other drafts. I was back and forth here, but ultimately decided the drop off from Forte' to the RBs available next round more than the drop off from the WRs available now and then. There's a good chance that there will be RBs available next round that will do very well if you get the right one...such as Miami and NYG. There were other backs that looked interesting but don't get squat for receptions. I expect the Bears line to be better next year and Forte played injured most of the season. He was a first round pick last year. I expect the truth is somewhere between this year and his rookie season.The WRs I was looking at have some question marks. The guys in front of me cleaned out the tier. I don't think Gore was a factor since I still had a RB slot open that will start.

Got to step out for a couple of hours, but should be back around 2:30 CST. Good pace established thus far in my opinion. See y'all shortly!

3.09 - Tony Gonzalez
Maybe Twilight will step in with a few stats. Seems like a strong TE is key to success in these leagues. They definately went early and often this year. Every year we wonder when Gonzo's production will start to decline. Betting against it declining seems to a winning trend.

3.09 - Tony Gonzalez
Maybe Twilight will step in with a few stats. Seems like a strong TE is key to success in these leagues. They definately went early and often this year. Every year we wonder when Gonzo's production will start to decline. Betting against it declining seems to a winning trend.
yeah, hard to argue with 80 receptions in a stable environment that shouldn't change much next year...should have an easier schedule too.Not sexy, but a safe survivor play.

3.09 - Tony Gonzalez
I've won 4 of these things and my TE's have been the following:SSl3 2007 - Gates onlyPDSL2 2009 - Witten onlySSL1 2008 - Vernon Davis and Anthony Fasano and LJ SmithQSL 2005 - two complete scrubs.IMO an elite TE gives you a large advantage at a position over 50% of the league

Last edited by a moderator:
3.09 - Tony Gonzalez
I've won 4 of these things and my TE's have been the following:SSl3 2007 - Gates onlyPDSL2 2009 - Witten onlySSL1 2008 - Vernon Davis and Anthony Fasano and LJ SmithQSL 2005 - two complete scrubs.IMO an elite TE gives you a large advantage at a position over 50% of the league
Speaking of which, I think you easily have had the best draft so far. There are two guys out there that if they slip will put you in a dominate position.

3.09 - Tony Gonzalez
Speaking of which, I think you easily have had the best draft so far. There are two guys out there that if they slip will put you in a dominate position.
:banned:I remember I had Doug Jolley on the Jets in 2005, I think I probably had LJ smith on Philly too, I loved him back then, whyI have no Idea

3.14 Q Anquan Boldin WR Arizona or wherever

color me happy with this pick

Will PM next
meh...if he avoids injury a solid pick.
color me even more lukewarm than Hucks - and we both live in Pohonix.......BUT Boldin is STILL under contract for the 2010 season and no one is offering enought to pry him loose for the Cardinals who would trade him based on the injuries and contract situation especially with the development of Early Doucet this year and Breaston last year......and if he stays and Leinart is throwing to all of them rzr you are going to regret that pick

BassNBrew said:
LHUCKS said:
3.09 - Tony Gonzalez
Gotta have a top TE to win Total or championship. :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
since we don't have a talking thread, can we at least put the pick # before the name....makes it a little easier to pick out?

via cell phone

Captain Hook at 4.4 takes the Soulja Kellen Winslow TE TB Bucs

Will PM next when I recall who that is

since we don't have a talking thread......
WHY NOT?1) The guys checking via phone or other app would have it easier, and

2) Some of the BS comments or those edging too close to suggestions (false or otherwise) should be in a separate thread.......I don't mind talking about the picks, players or strategies.....drafters opinions help this be a better draft for everyone.....but should NOT be in the pick thread

fyi...tomorrow is a bad draft day for me. Tied up from 7am until 11am training and noon to evening guiding. Will check in when possible and pm if we're close.

Users who are viewing this thread