What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL4 - Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

Sorry for the delay there, lost my connection at home.

That last pick was a tough choice. Gambling that Favre can't say uncle. Two other choices were enticing that will probably get snapped up in the next three picks.

I pm'd the next guy but not the on deck guy.

el super gringo said:
the last pick, and this one, should generate some interesting discussion in our draft talk thread

LeSean McCoy, RB, PHI
If possible, please include the pick number and make the selection bold and beautiful

3.07 RB Benson CIN

(Sorry guys. My Pc is now repaired and I can now be much more 'current'.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm heading out for a while. Duckboy has a list with instructions that should cover me for the next 6 rounds.

Looks like Crippler is gonna have the great opportunity of falling on his sword here.. :) ...Brady is g.o.n.e @ the 2:15. :pics:

Sad part is now we have to wait on Yellow since I am going with my brand new jersey, I just got

3.8 Anquan Boldin WR

Sad part is now we have to wait on Yellow since I am going with my brand new jersey, I just got3.8 Anquan Boldin WR
Technical by our tradition in these situations, he mis-picks tom Brady and the draft continues while he is free to pick at any time. I'll pm next.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this guy is still on the board (2009 figures):

1) 282 carries.

2) 1,252 yards, and

3) 11 TD's, plus

4) 25 recepts for 325 yards.

Maybe it's because he doesn't have a third down roll and hasn't caught a TD pass? At RB #18 (he's been going about RB #11-#12):

3:15: Grant, Ryan, RB-GBP

P.S.: I mailed nittaylion

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this guy is still on the board (2009 figures):

1) 282 carries.

2) 1,252 yards, and

3) 11 TD's, plus

Maybe it's because he doesn't have a third down roll and hasn't caught a TD pass? At RB #18 (he's been going about RB #11-#12):

For one, because I flipped a coin and it came up heads, VD. Tails was Grant. Good pick.

1) 282 carries.

2) 1,252 yards, and

3) 11 TD's, plus

For one, because I flipped a coin and it came up heads, VD. Tails was Grant. Good pick.
Agreed. It was a toss up for me between Grant and Moreno.

Mailed the 6.02 to Atomic Punk.

Ammended: make that the 4.02.

This is a perfect example of why I'm not an Airline Pilot!

:goodposting:

*ALERT*

Ruffrodys05 is having computer issues. Therefore, please do not send him any PMs, and he will not be able to keep the 1st post up to date until further notice. Someone else should take this duty over and prepare to do the next set of rounds.

He is not bailing on the draft, but will not be as active until this is resolved. Please PM me Domination, until he is back online.

1) 282 carries.

2) 1,252 yards, and

3) 11 TD's, plus

Agreed. It was a toss up for me between Grant and Moreno.
Rice, Grant, Smith, or VD for me.I just felt the dropoff until the next round was smallest at RB.

ghjkl;p

Time check: 8:42 AM to 5:38 PM = 3:12 + 5:38 = 8:50

That's a time out > 8 hours.

4:02 PICK = Thomas, Pierre RB-NOS

PM: per instructions.

ghjkl;p

Time check: 8:42 AM to 5:38 PM = 3:12 + 5:38 = 8:50

That's a time out > 8 hours.

4:02 PICK = Thomas, Pierre RB-NOS

PM: per instructions.
Clcok doesn't start until 10am on weekends so it's another 13 minutes before the timeout.

Christ almighty, isn't anyone else in this Draft affected by the Storm Of the Century hammering the DC/Metro Area?

I'm in the middle of the largest snowstorm to hit my born n raised area in over 100 years (I measured 24.5 inches outside my front door a few minutes ago). Started at 10AM Friday, and is just beginning to slow down now...

...power went out early this AM (after 1, before 8), and with it, the computer, battery etc...even with my 4X4 Yukon, I can go nowwhere, as shoveling out isn't even an option for this long a driveway.

We had a brief, and I mean brief flash of Power earlier. We're out again, and my battery barely has anything going. I'm living on borrowed time even now.

I guess on some level I'm sorry for holding things up, but the weather situation here is a a National Headline. I hope in the Offseason we can generate a discussion about just holding on a freaking second when something comes up that MIGHT be causing someone some issues that's out of their control and does not mean they are behaving like a tool. Not that anyone has overtly accused me of that.

I will try and get caught up and make some picks, but it's likely my system is going to die again. Thanks for your patience. If, for the sake of the Draft, you want to find someone else to take my place, I understand. I'd be lying if I knew when I'd be able to access again.

Crap, 2 minutes left on the battery, I'm not going to catch up in time. Get someone else, please. See you next winter.

Can someone post an update, please?

4.10 RB Greene NYJ

I guess on some level I'm sorry for holding things up, but the weather situation here is a a National Headline. I hope in the Offseason we can generate a discussion about just holding on a freaking second when something comes up that MIGHT be causing someone some issues that's out of their control and does not mean they are behaving like a tool. Not that anyone has overtly accused me of that.I will try and get caught up and make some picks, but it's likely my system is going to die again. Thanks for your patience. If, for the sake of the Draft, you want to find someone else to take my place, I understand. I'd be lying if I knew when I'd be able to access again.Crap, 2 minutes left on the battery, I'm not going to catch up in time. Get someone else, please. See you next winter.
1. I've posted a thread for a replacement. Not sure why he didn't ask someone to make a pick for him until he could get back.2. Regarding the offseason discussion about holding up a draft...not going to happen in cases like this. These things happen fairly often when you have 64 guys drafting at the same time. Ghost of Bill Walsh is in the hospital. Weddings, funerals, births, unexpected work travel, storms, power outages....odds are something is going to happen when you're looking at all kinds of things x 4-5 weeks x 64 drafters.I'm not tossing stones at nittany, but I was in a similiar situation last weekend. I had power but no internet access where I was at when our second storm of the century hit...first one was a month ago. It was predicted in advance much like his was. I found someone to step in for me for a couple of days to make draft picks. Anyway, I hope nittany gets power back soon and isn't stranded to long.

3.16 Fred Jackson, RB, BUF

4.01 Matt Ryan, QB, ATL

ps- if nittany gets his computer up and wants back in I'll bow out

Users who are viewing this thread