What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another Pitt Bull attack (2 Viewers)

He means the big one not the little one.
Still pretty sure there are no pit bulls in that video.
if that dog bit someone's head off, I'd bet the newspaper article would call it a pitbull....
Riiiight. You Pit Owners keep telling yourselves that. I have no doubt that there have been cases of mistaken identity.... however I'd wager that the vast..vast majority of pit attacks have been by actual pits. Hell in most of these cases they know the exact dog they're dealing with (either because it's been killed by cops, or other people trying to pry the dog off the victims... or it's been picked up by animal control and later euthanized (thank God).

http://www.walb.com/story/16317777/digging-deeper-pitbull-attack

Terrell County, GA -

A Terrell County neighborhood remains on high alert as they go through another night with several vicious pit bulls likely on the loose.

Code Enforcement and Animal Control got several tips, but they have not tracked down the dogs that killed nearly two dozen sheep Monday.

Anyone with livestock near Lovers Lane in Terrell County is having a hard time resting easy with the possibility of two vicious dogs still somewhere in their neighborhood. Leonard Harden had a goat killed several months ago and had a sleepless night after seeing what happened to the Friddells' sheep.

"I was trying to be on the defense, I was trying to stay up in case they came back and maybe had a taste for some goat killing," said Leonard Harden, goat owner.

They've had to protect their animals from predators before, but nothing like this.

"We've had coyotes come in here and when a coyote kills a sheep it will eat it and that's part of nature we do all we can to keep coyotes and predators out and that's just part of nature, but when an animal comes into the field and just bites their neck and goes on to the next animal and bites their neck and doesn't eat them, it looked like some kind of sport they were doing," said Jim Shepard, a Lovers Lane neighbor.

Which is why some have raised the question if these dogs were trained to hunt for wild hogs.

"Sometimes after a hog hunt, they hunt hogs at night and the dogs do not always come back until possibly the next day, there was a suggestion that they could have been hog hunters," said Martha Ann Coe, Terrell County Code Enforcement/Animal Control Director.

They don't think these were dogs that someone has as pets.

"These are not pets, these are dogs bred to kill, these are not like dogs people have their back yards and feed or get out every once in a while off their lead," said Shepard.

Animal Control Officials say the owners may not realize what the dogs have done if they were released to hog hunt, but if they are aware, officials fear by now any evidence may be gone.

"He said solid white pit bulls, and we thought we could possibly find them yesterday, we thought they would still be stained with the blood, if they've gone back home either the persons are hiding them, they've cleaned them up or they've taken them out of the county," said Coe.

Animal Control officials remind dog owners both Terrell County and Dawson have leash laws, which require dogs to be in a pen or chained up at all times. They say if someone is responsible for the dogs they could face charges, more severe if they don't come forward and it's likely if the dogs are found they'll be put down.

Lawana Friddell plans to take her concerns about the dangerous dogs to Terrell County Commissioners next month. Animal Control Officers there say about 80-percent of the cases they handle involve Pit Bull Mixes.

if that dog bit someone's head off, I'd bet the newspaper article would call it a pitbull....
Riiiight. You Pit Owners keep telling yourselves that. I have no doubt that there have been cases of mistaken identity.... however I'd wager that the vast..vast majority of pit attacks have been by actual pits. Hell in most of these cases they know the exact dog they're dealing with (either because it's been killed by cops, or other people trying to pry the dog off the victims... or it's been picked up by animal control and later euthanized (thank God).
SSSSSSSWING AND A MISS!!! never owned a pit in my life.

Because you'd probably be dead by now.

Because you'd probably be dead by now.
:lmao:

Just silly that this breed is allowed to procreate. I am just a notch down in my liberalism from Timscochet, yet even I, realize this dog has been bred over generations to a point where it is not safe for humans to be around. I am not saying extermintate them, but even true and mixed bullie, should be required to be spayed or neutered and over the course of the next 30 years, just let the breed go the way of the do-do. If Pits are found over the years during this time; again, it would be inhumane to kill them, but they and their spawn should be neutered/spayed immediately, or else the own surrender them.

Reality is, we do not let tigers and gorillas roll around the suburbs, so why should we have this particular breed of dog do so either? It is not the "breed's" fault that they are like this...thug life has turned this animal into a killing machine.

Just silly that this breed is allowed to procreate. I am just a notch down in my liberalism from Timscochet, yet even I, realize this dog has been bred over generations to a point where it is not safe for humans to be around. I am not saying extermintate them, but even true and mixed bullie, should be required to be spayed or neutered and over the course of the next 30 years, just let the breed go the way of the do-do. If Pits are found over the years during this time; again, it would be inhumane to kill them, but they and their spawn should be neutered/spayed immediately, or else the own surrender them.Reality is, we do not let tigers and gorillas roll around the suburbs, so why should we have this particular breed of dog do so either? It is not the "breed's" fault that they are like this...thug life has turned this animal into a killing machine.
Keep your head in the sand.

Just silly that this breed is allowed to procreate. I am just a notch down in my liberalism from Timscochet, yet even I, realize this dog has been bred over generations to a point where it is not safe for humans to be around. I am not saying extermintate them, but even true and mixed bullie, should be required to be spayed or neutered and over the course of the next 30 years, just let the breed go the way of the do-do. If Pits are found over the years during this time; again, it would be inhumane to kill them, but they and their spawn should be neutered/spayed immediately, or else the own surrender them.Reality is, we do not let tigers and gorillas roll around the suburbs, so why should we have this particular breed of dog do so either? It is not the "breed's" fault that they are like this...thug life has turned this animal into a killing machine.
:goodposting:The dog which was a national treasure 100 years ago is now some kind of villain.

Fresh one this morning!

http://www.wcnc.com/mobile-content/local-news/Pitbull-attacks-teen-in-Rock-Hill--135569123.html

Pitbull attacks teen in Rock Hill

by NewsChannel 36 Staff

Posted on December 14, 2011 at 7:10 AM

ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A teenage girl is recovering after a pitbull mix bit her throat.

Rock Hill police were called to a neighborhood on Chelveston Drive near Ebenezer Road.

Police say the 15-year-old was playing with a friend inside the family home when the dog attacked and had to be pried away from her.

The teen was taken to a nearby hospital.

No word on her condition.
OVER/UNDER on Pitbull maulings/killings over the next 7 days: 4.5

PLACE YOUR BETS PEOPLE!!!!

Fresh one this morning!

http://www.wcnc.com/mobile-content/local-news/Pitbull-attacks-teen-in-Rock-Hill--135569123.html

Pitbull attacks teen in Rock Hill

by NewsChannel 36 Staff

Posted on December 14, 2011 at 7:10 AM

ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A teenage girl is recovering after a pitbull mix bit her throat.

Rock Hill police were called to a neighborhood on Chelveston Drive near Ebenezer Road.

Police say the 15-year-old was playing with a friend inside the family home when the dog attacked and had to be pried away from her.

The teen was taken to a nearby hospital.

No word on her condition.
OVER/UNDER on Pitbull maulings/killings over the next 7 days: 4.5

PLACE YOUR BETS PEOPLE!!!!
I didn't see any Pitbulls in this story. :shrug: what was it mixed with? german shephard? chihuahua? if so, wouldn't that also be a shephard mix or chihuahua mix? that'd be better than a 'pit bull mix' as there is no such thing....

'3C said:
'urbanhack said:
'Sweet Love said:
:goodposting:The dog which was a national treasure 100 years ago is now some kind of villain.
Bloodletting was a national treasure 100 years ago. There's good reason modern medicine would laugh you out of the room if you brought it up.

'3C said:
'urbanhack said:
'Sweet Love said:
Bloodletting was a national treasure 100 years ago. There's good reason modern medicine would laugh you out of the room if you brought it up.
Glad to see you still make little sense.

'3C said:
'urbanhack said:
'Sweet Love said:
:lmao:I never left, gb. I'm happy your debate tactics never go out of style, though.

'3C said:
'urbanhack said:
'Sweet Love said:
:lmao:I never left, gb. I'm happy your debate tactics never go out of style, though.
It's not worth debating. Some people's minds are made up and no amount of data or debating will change them.As far as not making sense; comparing bloodletting to a dog like Petey in Little Rascals doesn't make sense. Advancement in technology vs an unwarranted stigma.

Stopping through to say Hi! Pitbull owner for 15 years and father of two young girls. No problems here.

My pit does get aggressive though with the tv when the luge team flys by the 60 inch. He likes to run around looking for where they went. We are terrified.

He's also quite aggressive with running water, likes to bite it and chase it. Sometimes he will jump in the shower. I live in fear.

When I wake my girls up out of their cribs in the morning he stands up on his hind legs and puts his paws on the crib wall trying to lick them to death. We are thinking about having him put down...

Sometimes when I come home from working out of town he pees a little bit because hes so excited to see me...or kill me? Not sure which, think im gonna shoot him myself.

I always thought when he jumped up on the couch and laid down on the head rest that he just thought he was a cat or a pomeranian, apparently hes plotting my death.

So fearful, someone help us! :no: :o

'3C said:
'urbanhack said:
'Sweet Love said:
Why are Pit Bulls considered great service dogs?

'3C said:
'urbanhack said:
'Sweet Love said:
Why are Pit Bulls considered great service dogs?
Because they kill you if you tell them otherwise.

Stopping through to say Hi! Pitbull owner for 15 years and father of two young girls. No problems here.

My pit does get aggressive though with the tv when the luge team flys by the 60 inch. He likes to run around looking for where they went. We are terrified.

He's also quite aggressive with running water, likes to bite it and chase it. Sometimes he will jump in the shower. I live in fear.

When I wake my girls up out of their cribs in the morning he stands up on his hind legs and puts his paws on the crib wall trying to lick them to death. We are thinking about having him put down...

Sometimes when I come home from working out of town he pees a little bit because hes so excited to see me...or kill me? Not sure which, think im gonna shoot him myself.

I always thought when he jumped up on the couch and laid down on the head rest that he just thought he was a cat or a pomeranian, apparently hes plotting my death.

Awareness is the first step towards prevention. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

My pit does get aggressive though with the tv when the luge team flys by the 60 inch. He likes to run around looking for where they went. We are terrified. He's practicing finding your family when they hide after he unleashes his murderous rampage.

He's also quite aggressive with running water, likes to bite it and chase it. Sometimes he will jump in the shower. I live in fear. He knows that you will be fully naked, and thus most vulnerable when bathing. Getting used to operating in viscous conditions is a must when plotting a sea-based attack.

When I wake my girls up out of their cribs in the morning he stands up on his hind legs and puts his paws on the crib wall trying to lick them to death. We are thinking about having him put down... Sounds like he is "tenderizing" them to me.

Sometimes when I come home from working out of town he pees a little bit because hes so excited to see me...or kill me? Not sure which, think im gonna shoot him myself. This is an ambush tactic, much like a deer faking a broken hoof only to lure it's prey closer.

I always thought when he jumped up on the couch and laid down on the head rest that he just thought he was a cat or a pomeranian, apparently hes plotting my death. Already figured this one out.

My pit does get aggressive though with the tv when the luge team flys by the 60 inch. He likes to run around looking for where they went. We are terrified. He's practicing finding your family when they hide after he unleashes his murderous rampage.

He's also quite aggressive with running water, likes to bite it and chase it. Sometimes he will jump in the shower. I live in fear. He knows that you will be fully naked, and thus most vulnerable when bathing. Getting used to operating in viscous conditions is a must when plotting a sea-based attack.

When I wake my girls up out of their cribs in the morning he stands up on his hind legs and puts his paws on the crib wall trying to lick them to death. We are thinking about having him put down... Sounds like he is "tenderizing" them to me.

Sometimes when I come home from working out of town he pees a little bit because hes so excited to see me...or kill me? Not sure which, think im gonna shoot him myself. This is an ambush tactic, much like a deer faking a broken hoof only to lure it's prey closer.

I always thought when he jumped up on the couch and laid down on the head rest that he just thought he was a cat or a pomeranian, apparently hes plotting my death. Already figured this one out.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

A kind follower of this thread passed along this story which I overlooked from today:

Man arrested after pit bull bites 89-year-old man

The elderly man was in his driveway Monday afternoon with his own dog, a black lab named Luna, when Flores's dog broke its leash and came running at them, the grandson said.

First the pit bull lunged at the lab, biting its rear end. It turned on Siemsen when he reached over to hit it with his cane, his grandson said.

Flores was able to regain control of his dog and stop the attack, said Sonoma County sheriff’s Lt. Dennis O’Leary.

But not before the man and his much smaller dog were injured. Siemsen was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. His dog was checked out by a veterinarian.

“She’s pretty swollen but the vet said she’ll be fine,” the grandson said.

An off-duty Santa Rosa police officer who happened to be jogging in the area assisted, O’Leary said.

Flores told deputies that his dog, Blue, had a history of aggression, O’Leary said, and that led to the charge. Patrick Siemsen said that history may have included a recent attack near G&G Market on West College Avenue.
Hopefully they will charge this guy with attempted murder and lock him up... Ideally making him watch his dog be euthanized by firing squad. :thumbup: Such cute cuddly creatures!

Man killed by own pitbull bite to his neck:http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/north_central/white-county-man-killed-by-pet-dogWell that's it for the last week of pitbull attacks... I suppose we can just update this thread with the weekly attacks :lmao:
Do you own a dog?
Irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
I don't think so. My experience is that most people that latch onto the "PITT BULLS SUCK!!!" Mentality don't have a very good understanding of dogs in general.

Stopping through to say Hi! Pitbull owner for 15 years and father of two young girls. No problems here. My pit does get aggressive though with the tv when the luge team flys by the 60 inch. He likes to run around looking for where they went. We are terrified. He's also quite aggressive with running water, likes to bite it and chase it. Sometimes he will jump in the shower. I live in fear.When I wake my girls up out of their cribs in the morning he stands up on his hind legs and puts his paws on the crib wall trying to lick them to death. We are thinking about having him put down...Sometimes when I come home from working out of town he pees a little bit because hes so excited to see me...or kill me? Not sure which, think im gonna shoot him myself.I always thought when he jumped up on the couch and laid down on the head rest that he just thought he was a cat or a pomeranian, apparently hes plotting my death. So fearful, someone help us! :no: :o
This is the scary part. How many times have we heard "he was the friendliest dog", or "he was so playful", or "he has never done anything aggressive towards anyone before".I'm just saying.

Man killed by own pitbull bite to his neck:http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/north_central/white-county-man-killed-by-pet-dogWell that's it for the last week of pitbull attacks... I suppose we can just update this thread with the weekly attacks :lmao:
Do you own a dog?
I don't think so. My experience is that most people that latch onto the "PITT BULLS SUCK!!!" Mentality don't have a very good understanding of dogs in general.
Well you're incorrect in this instance. Perhaps you should ask the same of all these soulless reporters who dare report these pitbull maulings in the media. Those bastards.ALERT: Due to an influx in action (multiple maulings today) the Over/Under on PittBull attacks for next week now has climbed to 5.5. Action has reopened.

Do you own a dog?
Well you're incorrect in this instance. Perhaps you should ask the same of all these soulless reporters who dare report these pitbull maulings in the media. Those bastards.ALERT: Due to an influx in action (multiple maulings today) the Over/Under on PittBull attacks for next week now has climbed to 5.5. Action has reopened.
You have yet to post one instance that would not have been prevented by a responsible owner. You seem very happy to remain uneducated and ignorant on the topic so we can just leave it at that.

Do you own a dog?
You have yet to post one instance that would not have been prevented by a responsible owner. You seem very happy to remain uneducated and ignorant on the topic so we can just leave it at that.
You know these owners dog-handling techniques personally? That's impressive. The Pitownerguys.com must be a pretty tight knit community. :thumbup:

Stopping through to say Hi! Pitbull owner for 15 years and father of two young girls. No problems here. My pit does get aggressive though with the tv when the luge team flys by the 60 inch. He likes to run around looking for where they went. We are terrified. He's also quite aggressive with running water, likes to bite it and chase it. Sometimes he will jump in the shower. I live in fear.When I wake my girls up out of their cribs in the morning he stands up on his hind legs and puts his paws on the crib wall trying to lick them to death. We are thinking about having him put down...Sometimes when I come home from working out of town he pees a little bit because hes so excited to see me...or kill me? Not sure which, think im gonna shoot him myself.I always thought when he jumped up on the couch and laid down on the head rest that he just thought he was a cat or a pomeranian, apparently hes plotting my death. So fearful, someone help us! :no: :o
This is the scary part. How many times have we heard "he was the friendliest dog", or "he was so playful", or "he has never done anything aggressive towards anyone before".I'm just saying.
I understand you're, "just saying" but i'm just saying, my girls mean more than anything to me, and if I ever had any inclination that anything or anyone was a threat to their safety I would be first in line to take care of it. Really didnt drop in to defend the decision of the type of dog I choose to own. Just put some humor on the situation.On another note, and I hate to bring up anything that could be responded to with, "apples and oranges" but we don't know the back story to any of these stories All you see is the action/result. We don't know how the dogs were raised, what kind of environment they were raised in, how they were disciplined, how their parents were raised, their bloodlines(inbreeding is popular so one can say 100% so and so, never good), etc...Its on the level of any tragedy, there is always a backstory. I'm just saying.I'd like to start a thread that all people who drink should be neutered or killed, I mean drunk drivers kill alot of people so all people who drink should be punished. There's always a back story.(Would just like to say I'm 100% that any dog anyone has should be neutered/spayed no matter the breed. The overpopulation of domestic animals is disgusting in general.)

I understand you're, "just saying" but i'm just saying, my girls mean more than anything to me, and if I ever had any inclination that anything or anyone was a threat to their safety I would be first in line to take care of it. Really didnt drop in to defend the decision of the type of dog I choose to own. Just put some humor on the situation.

On another note, and I hate to bring up anything that could be responded to with, "apples and oranges" but we don't know the back story to any of these stories All you see is the action/result. We don't know how the dogs were raised, what kind of environment they were raised in, how they were disciplined, how their parents were raised, their bloodlines(inbreeding is popular so one can say 100% so and so, never good), etc...

Its on the level of any tragedy, there is always a backstory. I'm just saying.

I'd like to start a thread that all people who drink should be neutered or killed, I mean drunk drivers kill alot of people so all people who drink should be punished. There's always a back story.

(Would just like to say I'm 100% that any dog anyone has should be neutered/spayed no matter the breed. The overpopulation of domestic animals is disgusting in general.)
I'm curious, do people who text while driving kill more people than pit bulls? Does arithmetic even matter?

I understand you're, "just saying" but i'm just saying, my girls mean more than anything to me, and if I ever had any inclination that anything or anyone was a threat to their safety I would be first in line to take care of it. Really didnt drop in to defend the decision of the type of dog I choose to own. Just put some humor on the situation.

On another note, and I hate to bring up anything that could be responded to with, "apples and oranges" but we don't know the back story to any of these stories All you see is the action/result. We don't know how the dogs were raised, what kind of environment they were raised in, how they were disciplined, how their parents were raised, their bloodlines(inbreeding is popular so one can say 100% so and so, never good), etc...

I'd like to start a thread that all people who drink should be neutered or killed, I mean drunk drivers kill alot of people so all people who drink should be punished. There's always a back story.

(Would just like to say I'm 100% that any dog anyone has should be neutered/spayed no matter the breed. The overpopulation of domestic animals is disgusting in general.)
I'm curious, do people who text while driving kill more people than pit bulls? Does arithmetic even matter?
Put them on the list for the new thread too. Cant f'ing stand that.

A kind follower of this thread passed along this story which I overlooked from today:

The elderly man was in his driveway Monday afternoon with his own dog, a black lab named Luna, when Flores's dog broke its leash and came running at them, the grandson said.

First the pit bull lunged at the lab, biting its rear end. It turned on Siemsen when he reached over to hit it with his cane, his grandson said.

Flores was able to regain control of his dog and stop the attack, said Sonoma County sheriff’s Lt. Dennis O’Leary.

But not before the man and his much smaller dog were injured. Siemsen was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. His dog was checked out by a veterinarian.

An off-duty Santa Rosa police officer who happened to be jogging in the area assisted, O’Leary said.

Flores told deputies that his dog, Blue, had a history of aggression, O’Leary said, and that led to the charge. Patrick Siemsen said that history may have included a recent attack near G&G Market on West College Avenue.
Hopefully they will charge this guy with attempted murder and lock him up... Ideally making him watch his dog be euthanized by firing squad. :thumbup: Such cute cuddly creatures!
Really, a black lab is "much" smaller than a pit bull?I won't argue with you, for the same reasons I don't argue with LHucks and Oprah.

Really, a black lab is "much" smaller than a pit bull?I won't argue with you, for the same reasons I don't argue with LHucks and Oprah.
that'll leave a mark...

As I said earlier, there were 34 deaths in 2010 from dog bites. This is for ALL dog breeds. Even if 99% of the deaths were from pitbulls, that's still not many deaths.You guys really should be looking for another cause to get all upset about.

As I said earlier, there were 34 deaths in 2010 from dog bites. This is for ALL dog breeds. Even if 99% of the deaths were from pitbulls, that's still not many deaths.You guys really should be looking for another cause to get all upset about.
Good thing maimings and serious injuries don't count for much.

Okay, and after we eliminate this breed, let's just cap cars at 70 MPH...sound good? I'm sure that will eliminate a lot of deaths, maimings and serious injuries too, right?

:goodposting:

For anyone willing to have an open mind, you should check out "Pitbulls and Parolees" on the Animal Planet. Good show.

Okay, and after we eliminate this breed, let's just cap cars at 70 MPH...sound good? I'm sure that will eliminate a lot of deaths, maimings and serious injuries too, right?
I'm pretty sure I didn't mention anything about getting rid of the breed. I could be pro-pitbull for all you know. Just pointing out that looking just at deaths as a measure of the impact pitbulls have is pretty short-sighted.

I'm pretty sure I didn't mention anything about getting rid of the breed. I could be pro-pitbull for all you know. Just pointing out that looking just at deaths as a measure of the impact pitbulls have is pretty short-sighted.
I agree with you but the news never reports when a labrador bites a kid on the face for some reason, or that rottweilers kill just as many people as pit bulls. The breed is a target and they have become easy to sensationalize. Pit bull attacks are money makers for the media.

I agree with you but the news never reports when a labrador bites a kid on the face for some reason, or that rottweilers kill just as many people as pit bulls. The breed is a target and they have become easy to sensationalize. Pit bull attacks are money makers for the media.
No.
2010 Dog Bite Fatalities:

33 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2010. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 650 U.S. cities, pit bulls led these attacks accounting for 67% (22). Pit bulls make up approximately 5% of the total U.S. dog population.2

In 2010, the combination of pit bulls (22) and rottweilers (4) accounted for 79% of all fatal attacks. In the 6-year period from 2005 to 2010, this same combination accounted for 71% (129) of the total recorded deaths (181).

The combined breakdown between the two breeds is substantial. From 2005 to 2010, pit bulls killed 104 Americans, about one citizen every 21 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 25 Americans, about one citizen every 88 days.

2010 data shows that 61% (20) of the attacks occurred to children (11 years and younger) and 39% occurred to adults. Of the children, 75% (15) occurred to ages 4 and younger. Within this same age group, males represented 60% of the victims.

2010 Dog Bite Fatalities in detail:

2010 victims

Omar Martinez

3-years old | Apple Valley, CA

Omar Martinez, 3-years old, was killed by his family's pet pit bull. The toddler was bitten on the throat by the dog in the backyard after his father briefly stepped away. According to Art Bishop, a deputy chief with the Apple Valley Fire Protection District, when firefighters arrived, the pit bull, covered in blood, came out and started to attack them. Paramedics were forced to retreat to their vehicles until deputies arrived. Upon arriving, a San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputy shot the dog dead. Rescuers were able to administer CPR as they rushed the boy to St. Mary Medical Center in Apple Valley. Martinez was pronounced dead shortly thereafter. Investigators concluded that there was no evidence of negligence and that the boy's death was a "misfortunate incident." [source citations]

Date of death: January 9, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bull Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Father

Spay/Neuter: No Multiple dogs: No

On/Off property: On Criminal charges: No

Johnny Wilson

56-years old | Chicago, IL

Johnny Wilson, 56-years old, was mauled to death by his daughter's six pit bulls. The daughter, who was reportedly breeding and selling the dogs, told authorities that she came home and found her father lying on the living room floor covered in blood. It was reported that Wilson suffered severe head trauma, including having both his ears bitten off and at least one of his eyes mauled. An autopsy by the Cook County medical examiner’s office showed that Wilson died of hemorrhaging from multiple injuries from a dog attack. His death was ruled as accidental. Authorities seized four adult pit bulls and two puppies from the home. There was no history of mistreatment to the dogs and neighbors say Wilson had never seemed to have any problems with the dogs in the past. [source citations]

Date of death: January 17, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bulls (6) Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Mixed Owner of dog: Daughter

Spay/Neuter: No Multiple dogs: Yes

Anastasia Bingham

5-years old | Terry, MS

Anastasia Bingham, 5-years old, was mauled to death by a pit bull while playing in the snow. On a morning when she should have been at school (cancelled due to snow), she instead suffered death by the powerful jaws of a pit bull. The suspected pit bull had previously been chained along with others at a neighbor's home. Officials said the dog also showed indications of dogfighting. A Hinds County Grand Jury later determined there was not enough evidence to indict anyone in connection to her death. DNA testing on the suspected pit bull showed that it did not attack the girl. DNA testing on a different pit bull -- found dead near the scene -- proved inconclusive. Investigators said they received confidential tips that stated there were three other pit bulls, owned by the child's relatives, that were killed and dumped in a wooded area off Saw Mill Road after the girl's death. [source citations]

Date of death: February 12, 2010 Chained: Unknown

Breed of dog: Pit bull Relationship to dog: Nonfamily

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Unknown

Spay/Neuter: Unknown Multiple dogs: Unknown

On/Off property: Off Criminal charges: No

Robert Hocker

11-days old | Independence, MN

Robert Hocker, 11-days old, was killed by his family's husky dog after being bitten on the head. According to West Hennepin Public Safety (WHPS) Director Ray McCoy, "The infant boy was in his car seat on a bed in the bedroom, when he was bitten by the family Siberian husky." Emergency personnel "exhausted all life-saving measures, and the infant was pronounced dead at the scene," McCoy said. The 71-pound husky, named Dealer, was taken from the home by the Wright County Humane Society and euthanized after the 10-day quarantine period. McCoy said his department, which patrols Independence and Maple Plain, had responded to "numerous" calls to the home in the past, but for "nothing that would be more than just a nuisance violation." Authorities announced in June that they would not pursue charges against the child's mother. [source citations]

Date of death: February 18, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Husky Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Parents

Spay/Neuter: Unknown Multiple dogs: No

Christine Staab

37-years old | Philadelphia, PA

Christine Staab, 37-years old, was mauled to death by one of her mother's six pit bulls. The victim had gone to her mother's home early that morning and the two reportedly had an argument, which set the dog, named Jade, off. The pit bull latched onto Christine's throat, killing her. The dog did not let go of the victim until being shot to death by Philadelphia police officers (a second pit bull was also shot dead at the scene). Christine's stepfather, Thomas Fowler, and mother, Barbara Erb, defended their pet pit bulls on local news stations. Erb described the six pit bulls as "house dogs" that were well cared for and even microchipped for identification. "They were spoiled rotten," Erb said. "They were not neglected in any way." Both Fowler and Erb pleaded with authorities to have the remaining four pit bulls seized by authorities returned to them. [source citations]

Date of death: February 20, 2010 Chained: No

Sex of dog: Female Owner of dog: Mother

Violet Serenity Haaker

3-years old | Ocala, FL

Violet Haaker, 3-years old, was killed by her mother's prize breeding dog, a Scott type American bulldog (a pit bull-mix ]. The mother, Lori Haaker, kept four American bulldogs chained to separate trees inside of a pen. The little girl slipped into the pen when Lori briefly stepped into the house. Violet became entangled in the dog's chain and was bitten to death. The property, demarked by signage reading "Haaker's Dream Bulldog Ranch," was anything but a dream when emergency personnel arrived in hopes of saving the child. Officials described the scene as "a bad dog attack." Violet was pronounced dead on the scene. Authorities seized all four dogs and later euthanized them. The Department of Child and Family Services is currently investigating Violet's parents. In 2007, Marion County officials had investigated the Haaker's for operating an illegal kennel. At that time, "mysteriously" no dogs were found on the property. [source citations]

Date of death: February 20, 2010 Chained: Yes

Breed of dog: American bulldog (Scott type) Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Mother

Jane Doe

5-days old | Conyers, GA

Jane Doe, 5-days old, was killed by the family pit bull. According to a Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office press release, the mother of the 5-day old baby girl heard the infant crying and found the pet pit bull on top of the baby’s bassinet. The bitten infant was taken to Rockdale Medical Center then airlifted to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston for surgery. The infant was listed in critical condition and died five days later, February 23, from the injuries. Following the incident, Dr. Mark Wulkan, Children's Healthcare surgeon in chief and an associate professor at Emory, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "There's no place for pit bulls or rottweilers around children." He added that as far as children are concerned, pit bulls and rottweilers in particular are responsible for the most severe injuries. "With German shepherds, they bite you and then that's it," Wulkan said. "Pit bulls and rottweilers, once they go, they're going for the kill." [source citations]

Date of death: February 23, 2010 Chained: No

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Mother

Ashlynn Anderson

4-years old | Svensen, OR

Ashlynn Anderson, 4-years old, was mauled to death by one of her stepfather's rottweilers. Four months prior to the death of Ashlynn, authorities removed a third rottweiler from the family's home after it bit an adult family member. Sheriff Tom Bergin said the girl's mother, D'ette Browning, was the first to realize something was wrong outside the family home. "This mom just happened to look out and saw the dog and the child laying there," Bergin said. The two-and-a-half-year old female rottweiler, named Cornelia, apparently just "snapped." Ashlynn was flown to Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, where she was pronounced dead on arrival. The Browning family is well known in the Astoria area. Ashlynn's stepfather, Jesse Browning, stars on The History Channel's "Ax Men." The show portrays the lives of loggers across the U.S. Typically fenced in a nearby area, it remains unclear how the rottweiler gained access to the little girl. [source citations]

Date of death: February 28, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Rottweiler Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Female Owner of dog: Stepfather

Spay/Neuter: Yes Multiple dogs: No

Ethel Horton

65-years old | Lucknow, SC

Ethel Horton, 65-years old, was attacked by a pit bull while trying to beat the dog off her husband. According to the Lee County Coroner, Horton suffered severe injuries in the attack as well as undergoing a heart attack. She was pronounced dead on the scene. Her husband, Jerry Horton, was rushed to Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center with serious injuries. At the time of the attack, Ethel and her husband were dog-sitting their nephew's pit bull named Brutus. The dog had been tied to a 15-foot chain attached to a stake in the ground in the backyard. The pit bull apparently grew agitated when Jerry began feeding six beagles and two huskies that were also being kept in the backyard. As he was feeding the dogs, the pit bull broke free from its chain and attacked him. Ethel attempted to fight the dog off with a plastic pipe and died as a result. [source citations]

Date of death: March 4, 2010 Chained: No

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Nephew

On/Off property: On Criminal charges: Pending

Justin Lopez

9-months old | Iowa Tribe Land, OK

Justin Lopez, 9-months old, was killed by two rottweilers that his family brought home just one day earlier. The attack occurred in a hallway outside a bedroom where the baby and his 2-year old brother had been sleeping with their father, Juan Lopez. It is not known how Justin got out of his crib. According to a source close to the family, the children’s grandfather came to visit the family that morning and discovered the baby shortly before 11 am. The baby’s father was still sleeping when the grandfather arrived. The infant was pronounced dead at the scene. Justin's mother, Stephanie Easley, was at work at the time of the incident. Easley was later transported to Stillwater Medical Center to be treated for emotional distress and shock. As of March 18, the incident is still under investigation and charges have not been filed. [source citations]

Date of death: March 8, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Rottweilers (2) Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Mixed Owner of dog: Parents

Spay/Neuter: Unknown Multiple dogs: Yes

Thomas Carter Jr.

7-days old | New Port Richey, FL

Thomas Carter Jr., 7-days old, was killed by his parent's pit bull-mix, named Sidon, while sleeping beside his mother. The father had left for work prior to the attack. Jackie Welch, 32, spent the previous night with the baby's parents, Nichole Koezeno, 16, and James Carter, 20. Welch's brother and his girlfriend live at the same home with their pit bull, named Buddy. According to Welch, at 11:45 am she answered the door and let one of Koezeno's friend's inside. After the friend knocked on the bedroom door, waking Koezeno up, the mother discovered her bloody baby. Sidon had been in the locked bedroom with the mother and child over the night. As the 911 call was placed (Listen or view transcript), Welch gave the infant CPR, but it was too late. During the chaos, Sidon also attacked Buddy, who was reportedly chained in the backyard. [source citations]

Date of death: April 14, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bull-mix Relationship to dog: Family

Krystal Brink

3-years old | Napaskiak, AK

Krystal Brink, 3-years old, was mauled to death by a chained sled dog after she wandered into a neighbor's yard. Krystal Brink of Kasigluk had been visiting relatives in Napaskiak at the time of the incident. She and some other children had been playing outside that afternoon. When adults called them in at about 5 pm, they discovered that Brink was missing. Her uncle, Fritz Larson, found her body in a sled dog yard at a nearby home. He described the chained dog as a "young male mutt." Krystal had been bitten on the face and head. After Larson brought the dead child home, his brother Joe Larson grabbed a shotgun and killed all six adult dogs in the yard. Alaska State Troopers spokeswoman Beth Ipsen said, "It was a pretty emotional situation." The owner of the sled dogs, Raymond Steven, told troopers he did not want to press charges. [source citations]

Date of death: May 20, 2010 Chained: Yes

Breed of dog: Mixed-breed Relationship to dog: Nonfamily

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Relative

Nathan Aguirre

2-years old | San Bernardino, CA

Nathan Aguirre, 2-years old, was fatally mauled by the family's pit bull. At the time of the incident, the boy had been riding his tricycle and playing with his father in the family's fenced-in yard. When his father stepped away briefly, the mother, who was in the house, came out to check on the child. She found the boy in the pit bull's mouth. The mother screamed and the dog dropped the injured child. Nathan was rushed to Loma Linda University Medical Center and underwent immediate surgery. He was pronounced dead about 6 hours later. The one-and-a-half-year old male pit bull, who had been with the family for about 3-months, was seized along with another family pit bull that was not involved in the attack. While on the scene, reporters noted that a sticker for Atomic Dogg, a magazine for pit bull aficionados, was pasted on the family's front window. [source citations]

Date of death: May 28, 20101 Chained: No

Savannah Gragg

9-years old | Kokomo, IN

Savannah Gragg, 9-years old, was severely mauled by the family pit bull as she opened the door to let the dog out. Instead of going outside, the animal jumped on the girl knocking her to the ground, bit into her neck and "shook violently," according to the Howard County Sheriff's Department. Savannah's grandmother witnessed the attack and managed to free the child. Deputy John Cipriano responded to the scene. He reported the girl was unconscious and unresponsive and had stopped breathing twice before medics arrived. Cipriano performed CPR and restored her breathing. Savannah was rushed to Howard Regional Health System then airlifted to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. She survived 5 days before succumbing to the deadly trachea injuries inflicted by the dog. The owner of the dog was not named. News reports indicate that her grandmother and parents were home during the incident. [source citations]

Date of death: June 3, 2010 Chained: No

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Family

Michael Winters

30-years old | Lorain County, OH

Michael Winters, 30-years old, was savagely killed by a group of dogs that his father kept fenced within his property. Over the years, his father had been rescuing and caring for stray and unwanted dogs. Nine dogs were outside during the attack: 5 bullmastiff-mixes, 3 pit bull-mixes and 1 rottweiler-mix. Lorain County Coroner Dr. Paul Matus said that he's never seen anything like it; the victim had hundreds of bites wounds covering his body. The father, Michael Kywa, had been gone about an hour when he returned to find his son's mangled body in the driveway. He managed to coral seven of the dogs. When sheriff's deputies arrived, they shot and killed the other two. A vet later tranquilized and euthanized the corralled dogs. County Dog Warden Jack Szlempa Sr. said his office had visited the home about a year and a half ago after several dogs attacked another dog. [source citations]

Date of death: June 15, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Bullmastiff-mixes (5)

Pit bull-mixes (3)

Rottweiler-mix (1) Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Mixed Owner of dog: Father

Kyle Holland

5-years old | Lincoln Park, MI

Kyle Holland, 5-years old, was found by his mother at 9:30 am lying near his bedroom door fatally injured by one of the family's dogs. The Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled the child’s death a homicide "due to multiple crush wounds due to multiple dog bites." Two dogs that belonged to the mother's boyfriend were seized from the home, a husky type dog and a lab-mix. Lincoln Park Animal Control had recently relinquished the former dog to the boyfriend after a loose dog offense under the "good-faith" assumption that he would take the animal, suspected to be a wolf hybrid, out of state. The State of Michigan prohibits the breed. The boyfriend did not comply.

In late June 2011, the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office charged Kyle's mother, Debralynn Holland, with multiple charges, including manslaughter and second-degree child abuse. The mother's boyfriend and owner of the dogs, Earl Adkins, was also charged with felony offenses, including one count of dangerous animal death. The long-winded investigation following Kyle's death showed that only one dog was involved in the fatal mauling and that DNA results proved the dog to be a wolf hybrid, as was originally suspected. Sadly, the mother and her son had only been living at Adkins' home for 10 days prior to the fatal incident. [source citations]

Date of death: July 12, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Wolf hybrid Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Mother's boyfriend

On/Off property: On Criminal charges: Yes

William Parker

71-years old | Memphis, TN

William Parker, 71-years old, was on his way to a nearby store when two loose pit bulls attacked. Parker's daughter, Gardenia, found her father still being attacked, "When I got there, the dog had already tore both his legs to pieces. No skin, just bones there," she said. Parker was in cardiac arrest by the time paramedics arrived and died shortly thereafter. About 30 minutes earlier, the same pit bulls attacked Kevin Stringfellow. Just two days earlier, police received a vicious dog call about these pit bulls, but by the time they arrived, the dogs' owner, Bernard Humphrey, had secured the animals. Police arrested Humphrey on an unrelated charge and took him into custody, leaving the dogs behind. Two days later, Sherry Wooten released the dogs, setting off the events that led to Parker's death and the injury of four others. Wooten is charged with Reckless Homicide and four counts of Felony Reckless Endangerment. [source citations]

Date of death: July 20, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bulls (2) Relationship to dog: Nonfamily

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Neighbor

On/Off property: Off Criminal charges: Yes

Jacob Bisbee

2-years old | Concord, CA

Jacob Bisbee, 2-years old, was mauled to death by his step-grandfather's pit bulls. Police said the dogs attacked the boy when he walked into the garage. The victim's grandmother and uncle were in the house at the time, as was the boy's brother. The dogs' owner, Steven Hayashi, was not home during the incident. Within hours, authorities arrested Hayashi on suspicion of child endangerment and owning a mischievous animal that causes great bodily injury or death. The three offending pit bulls were seized along with two more that Hayashi kept in his yard. The next day, from a jailhouse interview, Hayashi admitted that one of the dogs had killed his pet Chihuahua a year earlier. But he said he never believed his dogs would attack Jacob. He also said that he ended up with 5 pit bulls because the pit bull he adopted from a Lake County animal shelter was pregnant. [source citations]

Date of death: July 22, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bulls (3) Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Mixed Owner of dog: Step-grandfather

Spay/Neuter: Mixed Multiple dogs: Yes

Aaron Carlson

2-years old | San Diego, CA

Aaron Carlson, 2-years old, was mauled to death in an upstairs room by the family dog while his mother was sleeping on the downstairs couch. Carlson was killed in front of his three siblings, a 3-year old brother and two sisters ages 5 and 7. An autopsy confirmed the boy died of mauling injuries to his head and neck. The dog, a German shepherd-mix, was about one-and-a-half years old and had been living with the family for about 6 months. The Carlson family lives in a military housing complex. At the time of the attack, Carlson's father, a Navy serviceman, was deployed overseas. San Diego County Animal Services euthanized the dog quickly following the incident. Though police did not initially seek charges against the mother, Valerie Carlson, Child Protective Services took the remaining children into custody on a "temporary basis." Nine months later, police arrested Carlson and charged her with five felony counts of cruelty to a child with possible injury or death. The remaining three children now live with their father. [source citations]

Date of death: July 31, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: German shepherd-mix Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Parents

Tracey Payne

46-years old | Macon, GA

Tracey Payne, 46-years old, was killed by a group of pit bulls left abandoned at a home after its owners moved out two weeks earlier. An anonymous caller tipped off authorities at 2 pm that day. Payne's body was later found in the bushes in the backyard of the home. Coroner Leon Jones determined that Payne had been dead 6 to 8 hours prior to police discovery and that her death was the result of blunt force trauma and lacerations from the dog attack. At 11:30 pm the previous night, the pit bulls attacked and severely injured Kerry Whisby who walked by the vacant home. A passing vehicle urged Whisby to climb atop the car's roof and ride away. Neighbor Kristia Hargrove knew about two other biting incidents by the dogs before the attacks of Whisby and Payne. Neither she nor the victims, however, called animal control to report the attacks. [source citations]

Date of death: August 19, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bulls Relationship to dog: Nonfamily

Sex of dog: Mixed Owner of dog: Unknown

Jerry Yates

69-years old | Mountain Ranch, CA

Jerry Yates, 69-years old, was mauled to death by two pit bulls owned by Sheryl Sellers, a friend of Yates' family and a tenant living on his property. Jerry's son discovered the gruesome scene -- his father horribly bitten, bloody and dead -- but he first had to contend with the pit bulls that tried to attack him. The coroner said the dogs continued biting Yates even after he died. Investigators immediately arrested Sellers and charged her for allowing vicious animals at large. Authorities later upped the charge to a felony for having an animal that caused human death. In reference to Seller's insufficient fence, Sheriff's Capt. Jim Macedo said, "A reasonable person would not expect that type of enclosure to contain those two dogs." Yates was a longtime businessman and philanthropist of Mountain Ranch and a Vietnam Vet. Members of the small community were shocked and devastated by the incident. [source citations]

Date of death: August 22, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bulls (2) Relationship to dog: Nonfamily

Sex of dog: Mixed Owner of dog: Friend

Jason Walter

7-years old | Marshall County, IL

Jason Walter, 7-years old, was mauled to death by four dogs while in the gravel driveway of the Eric Shanklin farm. The boy's mother was in a relationship with Shanklin and the two had spent the night at his farm. One of the dogs, a shepherd-mix, belonged to Shanklin. The other three dogs, all pit bulls, belonged to a rental tenant on his property. Karen Brady and her dogs had only moved in just a few months earlier. After the attack, a cable installer and mechanic called authorities and reported that they had been menaced but not bitten by at least one of Brady's pit bulls. Marshall County State's Attorney General Paul Bauer has since referred the case to the Illinois Attorney General's Office. In 1995, while Bauer was in private practice, he represented Brady in a drunk-driving case. Bauer won an acquittal at trial in the case for Karen Shoeopke whose last name now is Brady. [source citations]

Date of death: August 25, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bulls (3)

German shepherd-mix (1) Relationship to dog: Nonfamily

Sex of dog: Mixed Owner of dog: Two different parties

Taylor Becker

4-years old | Hubbard Township, WI

Taylor Becker, 4-years old, was killed by a dog while visiting the home of Steven and Stefanie Beauprey. The two families knew each other and the girl had been to the home before. A neighbor, Troy Erickson, witnessed part of the attack, which he described as "the dog chewing on her and dragging her around." The child was taken to Beaver Dam Community Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The dog, a 5-year old male boxer, had been chained to a post in the backyard of the Beauprey home with a length that permitted access to the girl. Before or during the attack, the animal slipped out of its collar. It is later learned, that though the Beaupreys said the dog had not demonstrated aggression before, the family had only had the dog for 3 to 4 months. At the time of the incident, there were also five puppies sired by the dog inside the Beauprey home. [source citations]

Date of death: August 25, 2010 Chained: Yes

Breed of dog: Boxer Relationship to dog: Nonfamily

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Family friend

Mattie Daugherty

85-years old | Etowah, TN

Mattie Daugherty, 85-years old, was mauled to death by her daughter's pit bull. The woman had owned the dog for nine years without any previous incidents. The attack occurred while family members were outside working in the yard. Construction was also being done to the home's roof. Mattie left the group to check on the dog that was in the home and never made it out alive. One report said the pit bull lived outside the home "and the elderly woman was not used to being around the pet." But friends of the family, Dale and Laverne Holbrook, said the pit bull was a big part of the Daugherty family. They said the dog "even had its own room in the house." Prior to police arriving, a neighbor shot the pit bull, but it took gunfire from two deputies to finally kill the animal. Afterward, family members said the "noise" from the roof work must have caused the attack. [source citations]

Date of death: September 4, 2010 Chained: No

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Daughter

Reverend John Reynolds

84-years old | Williamsburg, MO

Reverend John Reynolds, 84-years old, was discovered mauled to death in a pit bull pen that his son used to house 17 pit bulls. The son, also named John Reynolds, bred and raised pit bulls on his father's property and also lived at his father's home. Reynolds told authorities that he did not believe his pit bulls killed his father. He described the dogs as his dad's "best buddies." He said that a stray dog or a mountain lion was the real culprit. Rex Martin, a field specialist with the Missouri Department of Conservation, was called upon to examine the bite injuries. He told sheriff officials, "there is no way that those bite marks and injuries to the victim were caused by a mountain lion." Calloway County officials left the 6 adult pit bulls and 11 pit bull puppies with Reynolds because they did not have the resources to manage so many animals. [source citations]

Date of death: October 13, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bulls (17) Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Mixed Owner of dog: Son

Spay/Neuter: No Multiple dogs: Yes

Justin Valentin

4-days old | Jacksonville, FL

Justin Valentin, 4-days old, was attacked by the family pit bull after his mother left him on the bed to take a shower. The infant was rushed to Shands Hospital, but did not survive its injuries. Two days after the infant's death, Mark Valentin, the child's father, told News 4 Ajax, "I don't know what happened. My wife went to the restroom and the dog got to the baby. We're not neglectful parents." Valentin also supplied a photo to the news group depicting the newborn in his arm next to his 4-year old child, the pit bull and another family member. The father described the dog as "very loving" and that he had raised the young pit bull since it was a puppy. Officers with animal care who picked up the animal, however, painted a different picture, saying that the male pit bull, named Briggs, was "extremely aggressive" with them. The dog was later euthanized at the owner's request. Shortly after the incident, police and Florida Department of Children and Families officials began an investigation into the parents. [source citations]

Date of death: October 24, 2010 Chained: No

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Father

Spay/Neuter: Unkown Multiple dogs: No

Christina Casey

53-years old | Moreno Valley, CA

Christina Casey, 53-years old, was mauled to death by her neighbor's two dogs in the backyard of her home. According to a Moreno Valley Police Department news release, it was determined that the victim sustained "multiple dog bites that ultimately lead to her death." The release added that a forensic dentist confirmed that the two large pit bull-mix dogs owned by neighbor's living nearby were responsible for the bites. The victim's brother, Bill Casey, said that his mother was in the process of moving, "the dogs being one of the reasons." He told the Riverside Press-Enterprise, "In two more days, she'd have been completely out of there. Then who knows? It might have been someone else." He also said that Christina had previously complained to him, city animal control officials and the owner about the dogs. Police intend to present a case to the district attorney's office seeking involuntary manslaughter or neglect charges against the owner. [source citations]

Date of death: November 2, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Pit bull Weimaraner-mixes (2) Relationship to dog: Nonfamily

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Neighbor

Spay/Neuter: Yes Multiple dogs: Yes

On/Off property: Off Criminal charges: Pending

Shirley Bird

79-years old | Ida Grove, IA

Shirley Bird, 79-years old, was bitten by her 5-year old German shepherd dog and bled to death. Authorities were alerted to the incident after being notified by her nephew who had been unable to contact Bird for several days. Ida County Sheriff Wade Harriman said deputies responded to the home of Bird November 15 and discovered her deceased body. The victim had several bite marks including one deep wound on her arm. An autopsy conducted by the Iowa State Medical Examiner's Office determined that she died from blood loss. Family members said Bird had a hard time controlling the dog and previously suffered bite and scratch marks, according to Harriman. "It was a pretty aggressive dog," he said. "It wouldn't let anyone in the house when she wasn't there." [source citations]

Date of death: November 9, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: German shepherd Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Victim

Kaden Muckleroy

2-years old | Henderson, TX

Kaden Muckleroy, 2-years old, was mauled to death by his grandfather's pit bull. The dog had formerly belonged to the boy's father who was murdered in 2009. The grandfather, Kelvin Muckleroy, had taken in the dog to remind him of his son. Sherriff's officials said the dog was chained to a tree near a swing set the boy was playing on. When the child's mother briefly stepped away, the pit bull broke the chain and attacked the boy. Muckleroy surrendered the pit bull to authorities along with nearly 40 other dogs he had been keeping on his property. Ronnie Whittington, Henderson Animal Shelter supervisor, said one-third to half of the dogs were pit bulls or pit bull-mixes. She described Muckleroy as an animal hoarder, not someone breeding fighting dogs. After the incident, Muckleroy climbed into his pickup truck and plowed through the many dog pens in his yard, demolishing them. [source citations]

Date of death: November 10, 2010 Chained: No

Sex of dog: Uknown Owner of dog: Grandfather

Spay/Neuter: Uknown Multiple dogs: No

Cason Bryant

5-years old | Phenix City, AL

Cason Bryant, 5-years old, was mauled to death by a pack of mixed-breed dogs that escaped their owner's property. Russell County Sheriff-Elect Heath Taylor said 5 of the 12 dogs participated in the attack that resulted in the boy's death. Reports said the boy was on his property, or the road just in front, when 11 dogs owned by a neighbor "slipped under the fence" and attacked Cason's pet dog. Taylor said the "boy was in the wrong place at the wrong time," when he tried to break up the ensuing fight. Next-door neighbor Carlton Brown was home at the time of the incident. He said he found the boy stripped naked -- the dogs had torn off all of his clothes -- in the boy's backyard (he presumably fled while being attacked, his body was not found in the road). Authorities declined to press charges and the dogs' owner was never named. [source citations]

Date of death: November 15, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Mixed-breeds (5) Relationship to dog: Nonfamily

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Neighbor

On/Off property: Off Criminal charges: No

Justin Lane

25-years old | Latta, SC

Justin Lane, 25-years old, was discovered bloody and dead on a couch in a home he shared with his mother on Skillet Drive. The Dillon County Sheriff's Office determined that Lane's one and a half-year-old pit bull, named Smoke, was responsible for his death. Neighbors told CarolinaLive.com that the dog usually stayed outside chained up. Due to bad weather on the evening of November 15, Lane brought the dog inside the home. The animal attacked and killed him later that same night. According to a few of Lane's close friends, he got the dog when it was about 6-weeks old and that the dog had never harmed anyone before. Two weeks after the deadly incident, the family came to an agreement to put the dog down. The family also told police they had not had any previous problems with Smoke. [source citations]

Date of death: November 16, 2010 Chained: No

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Victim

Edward Mitchell

67-years old | Murrieta, CA

Edward Mitchell, 67-years old, was brutally mauled by his nephew's pit bull in the backyard of the family's home. First responders described finding "flesh and blood all over the patio" when they arrived at the scene. Mitchell had been alone with the dog, named Shadow, and the two family chihuahuas when the incident occurred. He had reportedly been "disciplining" the dog when it attacked and nearly killed him. The pit bull severely mauled his arm, throat and groin. Mitchell was rushed to intensive care. Officers subdued the 1.5-year old unneutered male pit bull with two tranquilizer darts. The unnamed nephew, in his 20s, turned the dog over to be euthanized. On December 5, nearly two months after the violent incident, Mitchell succumbed to his injuries and died. The Riverside County coroner's office said that Mitchell died from "complications of his injuries after being attacked by the family's pit bull." No other information was released. [source citations]

Date of death: December 5, 2010 Chained: No

Sex of dog: Male Owner of dog: Nephew

Jeannette Vaughn

3-months old | Harris County, TX

Jeannette Vaughn, 3-months old, was killed by one of nine dogs that were kept at her family's home. At the time of the incident, the mother was washing one rottweiler, reportedly 200 lbs in size, in the bathroom, while the infant was nestled in a baby swing in the living room. The other dogs were in the back yard. The baby's mother, Alva Vaughn, had thought she had secured the back door by pushing a washing machine and slab of marble in front of it. One large rottweiler, however, pushed its way through the back door and mauled the baby. When Vaughn heard another dog barking in the house, she rushed out to the living room and found the baby on the floor, lifeless and bloodied. The baby's father admitted that two of the family's dogs were kept away from the child. The Harris County Sheriff's Office referred the case to a grand jury without charges. [source citations]

Date of death: December 19, 2010 Chained: No

Breed of dog: Rottweiler Relationship to dog: Family

Sex of dog: Unknown Owner of dog: Parents

Citations for each killing:

2010 victims

Omar Martinez

Mike Cruz, "Apple Valley boy dead after dog bite," The Daily Bulletin, January 10, 2010 (www.dailybulletin.com)

"Boy dies after pit bull attack," Victorville Daily Press, January 10, 2010 (www.vvdailypress.com)

Don Holland, "Pit bull mauls toddler," Victorville Daily Press, January 10, 2010 (www.vvdailypress.com)

Rob McMillan, "Family dog attacks, kills 3-year-old boy," KABC-TV Los Angeles, January 11, 2010 (abclocal.go.com)

"Negligence ruled out in fatal dog-mauling," Inland News Today, January 12, 2010 (www.inlandnewstoday.com)

Johnny Wilson

Associated Press, "Chicago man apparently killed by daughter's dogs," The Washington Post, January 18, 2010 (www.washingtonpost.com)

"Man fatally mauled by pit bulls," The Southtown Star, January 18, 2010 (www.southtwonstar.com)

"Man dies after being bitten by pit bulls on South Side," Chicago Sun-Times, January 18, 2010 (www.suntimes.com)

Deanese Williams-Harris, Liam Ford and Angie Leventis Lourgos, "Cops: Man apparently killed by dogs raised by daughter," Chicago Breaking News, January 18, 2010 (www.chicagobreakingnews.com)

Anastasia Bingham

"Child killed in Terry pit bull attack," WLBT 3, February 12, 2010 (www.wlbt.com)

Cheryl Lasseter, "Terry child mauled to death by pit bull," WLBT 3, February 12, 2010 (www.wlbt.com)

Jimmie E. Gates, "Girl playing in snow mauled by pit bull," The Clarion-Ledger, February 13, 2010 (www.clarionledger.com)

"Family Holds Vigil For Child Killed By Pit Bull," WAPT.com, February 14, 2010 (www.wapt.com)

"Pit Bull Blamed In Girl's Death Likely To Be Euthanized," WAPT.com, February 15, 2010 (www.wapt.com)

Jimmie E. Gates, "Pit bull carries scars of fighting," The Clarion-Ledger, February 16, 2010 (www.clarionledger.com)

Gary Pettus, "Family awaits resolution in fatal pit bull attack," The Clarion-Ledger, February 17, 2010 (www.clarionledger.com)

Gary Pettus, "Pit bull in isolation killed Terry's Anataisa Bingham," The Clarion-Ledger, February 18, 2010 (www.clarionledger.com)

"No Arrests Made in Pit Bull Death," WAPT Jackson, March 9, 2010 (www.wapt.com)

Cheryl Lasseter, "No movement in pit bull mauling case," WLBT 3, May 14, 2010 (www.wlbt.com)

Roslyn Anderson, "No grand jury indictment in Terry girl pit bull mauling," WLBT 3, June 22, 2010 (www.wlbt.com)

Heather Burke, "New Details Behind Terry Girl’s Deadly Animal Attack," WJTV, June 22, 2010 (www2.wjtv.com)

"Hinds Supes: Owners Of Vicious Animals To Be Held Accountable," WAPT, June 22, 2010 (www.wapt.com)

"Probe Of Terry Fatal Dog Attack Inconclusive," WAPT, June 25, 2010 (www.wapt.com)

NOTE: Victim's name also spelled as "Anataisa Bingham."

Robert Hocker

"10-day-old baby dies after dog bite," KSTP.com, February 19, 2010 (www.kstp.com)

Abby Simons and Paul Walsh, "71-pound pet dog bites, kills newborn in Independence," The Star Tribune, February 19, 2010 (www.startribune.com)

David Hanners, "Unattended infant killed by Siberian husky at home near Independence, police say 11-day-old boy was in car seat on bed," TwinCities.com, February 20, 2010 (www.twincities.com)

Amanda Schwarze, "No charges in dog bite death of infant," Independence, June 3, 2010 (www.pressnews.com)

Christine Staab

"Woman attacked by pit-bulls dies," 6 ABCV Action News, February, 20, 2010 (www.abclocal.go.com)

Michelle Durham, "Philadelphia Woman Killed in Pit Bull Attack," KYW Newsradio, February 20, 2010 (www.kyw1060.com)

Craig R. McCoy, "Mother's pit bull kills Fishtown woman," Philly.com, February 21, 2010 (www.philly.com)

Violet Serenity Haaker

"3-Year-Old Mauled To Death By Pit Bull," WESH.com, February 20, 2010 (www.wesh.com)

"Girl, 3, mauled to death by dog," Ocala Star-Banner, February 20, 2010 (www.ocala.com)

"Child Mauled By Family Pit Bull," WPBF, February 21, 2010 (www.wpbf.com)

Valerie Boey, "Child Mauled by Pit Bull," Fox 35 News, February 21, 2010 (www.myfoxorlando.com)

Bill Thompson, Suevon Lee and Fred Hiers, "Home where girl mauled target of prior dog inquiry," Ocala Star-Banner, February 23, 2010 (www.ocala.com)

Bill Thompson, "Dog euthanized in mauling death of 3-year-old girl," Ocala Star-Banner, February 24, 2010 (www.ocala.com)

"Marion Animal Services: Three more dogs potentially involved in fatal mauling euthanized," Orlando Sentinel, February 24, 2010 (www.orlandosentinel.com)

Suevon Lee, "No charges against mom whose dog killed her 3-year-old girl," Ocala Star-Banner, March 10, 2010 (www.ocala.com)

Jane Doe

Alena Parker, "Baby dies from injuries in dog attack," Newton Citizen, February 23, 2010 (www.rockdalecitizen.com)

Christian Boone, "Family pit bull kills Rockddale newborn," The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, February 24, 2010 (www.ajc.com)

"Pit bull blamed for death of Ga. infant," UPI, February 24, 2010 (www.upi.com)

"Pit bull blamed for death of Georgia infant," St. Louis Globe-Democrat, February 24, 2010 (www.globe-democrat.com)

Alexis Stevens, "Surgeon: No place for pit bulls, rottweilers around children," The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, February 25, 2010 (www.ajc.com)

Ashlynn Anderson

Lori Tobias, "4-year-old stepdaughter of 'Ax Men' star killed by Rottweiler in Astoria," The Oregonian, March 1, 2010 (www.oregonlive.com)

"'Ax Men' Star's Daughter Killed by Family Dog," TMZ, March 1, 2010 (www.tmz.como)

"'Ax Men' star's daughter killed by dog," CNN, March 1, 2010 (www.cnn.com)

Anne Yeager, "Dog expert reacts to fatal mauling of Oregon 4-year-old," NWCN.com, March 2, 2010 (www.nwcn.com)

Sandra Swain, "'Ashlynn was such a little princess'," The Daily Astorian, March 2, 2010 (www.dailyastorian.com)

Lori Tobias, "Astoria-area mauling death shows how instincts can change dogs from friendly to ferocious," The Oregonian, March 3, 2010 (www.oregonlive.com)

Lori Tobias, "Family of child mauled by dog cleared of wrongdoing," The Oregonian, March 18, 2010 (www.oregonlive.com)

Ethel Horton

Logan Smith, "Pit bull euthanized after attacking, killing owner's aunt," WISTV, March 4, 2010 (www.wistv.com)

James Gilbert and Jerome Collins, "Pit Bull Attacks, Kills 65-year-old Lee County Woman," WLTX, March 4, 2010 (www.wltx.com)

"SC woman killed in attack by relative's pit bull," Associated Press, March 4, 2010 (www.carolinalive.com)

"Woman killed in pit bull attack died from heart failure," WISTV, March 5, 2010 (www.wistv.com)

"Victim's Injuries 'Severe,'" Lee County, South Carolina Coroner's Office, March 8, 2010 (www.dogsbite.org)

Logan Smith, "Pit bull euthanized after attacking, killing owner's aunt," WISTV, March 11, 2010 (www.wistv.com)

Justin Lopez

Ed Doney, "Dog kills baby," KFOR.com, March 8, 2010 (www.kfor.com)

"Infant dies after dog attack on tribal land near Perkins," NewsOK, March 9, 2010 (www.newsok.com)

"Infant boy killed in dog attack near Perkins identified," NewsOK, March 10, 2010 (www.newsok.com)

Associated Press, "Baby Mauled By Dogs Identified," News from Indian Country, March 10, 2010 (www.indiancountrynews.net)

Cindy Sheets, "Dogs kill local toddler in attack," The Journal, March 11, 2010 (www.thejournalok.com)

Thomas Carter Jr.

Lisa A. Davis, Mark Douglas and Jose Patino Girona, "Pit bull mix kills week-old baby as mom sleeps," The Tampa Tribune, April 14, 2010 (www2.tbo.com)

Erin Sullivan and Jamal Thalji, "Pit bull mix blamed for death of 7-day-old New Port Richey infant," The St. Petersburg Times, April 15, 2010 (www.tampabay.com)

Lisa A. Davis, "Dog that killed week-old boy has been euthanized," The Tampa Tribune, April 15, 2010 (www2.tbo.com)

Jamal Thalji and Erin Sullivan, "Pasco family mourns newborn as pit bull put to death," St. Petersburg Times, April 15, 2010 (www.tampabay.com)

Kathryn Bursch, "7-day-old baby attacked and killed by dog in New Port Richey," 10 Connects News, April 15, 2010 (www.wtsp.com)

Kathryn Bursch, "Sidon, pit bull mix that killed newborn, may have had vicious past," 10 Connects News, April 15, 2010 (www.wtsp.com)

"Infant's death from dog attack ruled accidental," My Fox Tampa Bay, November 18, 2010 (www.myfoxtampabay.com)

Krystal Brink

Alex Demarban, "Girl Killed by Dog in Napaskiak," The Tundra Drums, May 21, 2010 (www.thetundradrums.com)

James Haplin, "Child killed after stepping into dog yard," Anchorage Daily News, May 21, 2010 (www.adn.com)

"Dog kills 3-year-old girl in village," JuneauEmpire.com, May 23, 2010 (www.juneauempire.com)

Nathan Aguirre

Robert J. Lopez, "Boy, 2, in critical condition after pit bull attack in San Bernardino," Los Angeles Times, May 27, 2010 (latimesblogs.latimes.com)

Robert Holguin, "Family pit bull mauls San Bernardino toddler," KABC-TV, May 27, 2010 (abclocal.go.com)

Melissa Pinion-Whitt, "Toddler killed in San Bernardino pit bull attack," San Bernardino County Sun, May 28, 2010 (www.sbsun.com)

Jack Noyes and Jonathan Lloyd, "Boy Killed by Family Pit Bull," NBC Los Angeles, May 28, 2010 (www.nbclosangeles.com)

Rob McMilllan, "I.E. boy dies from family pit bull attack," KABC-TV, May 28, 2010 (abclocal.go.com)

Laurie Lucas and Richard Brooks, "Toddler killed by San Bernardino family's pit bull," The Press-Enterprise, May 28, 2010 (www.pe.com)

Savannah Gragg

Associated Press, "Girl Mauled by Pit Bull in Serious Condition," WIBC 93.1FM, May 30, 2010 (www.wibc.com)

"Kokomo girl mauled by pit bull," WISH TV, May 30, 2010 (www.wishtv.com)

"Girl Critically Injured In Pit Bull Attack," The Indy Channel, May 30, 2010 (www.theindychannel.com)

"Kokomo girl, 9, mauled by pit bull dies," WISH TV, June 3, 2010 (www.wishtv.com)

"9-Year-Old Girl Attacked By Family's Pit Bull Dies," The Indy Channel, June 3, 2010 (www.theindychannel.com)

"Child injured in pit bull attack dies," Kokomo Perspective, June 3, 2010 (www.kokomoperspective.com)

Obituary, Savannah R. Gragg, Kokomo Tribune, June 8, 2010 (www.kokomotribune.com)

Michael Winters

"Man mauled, dies in violent dog attack," WEWS News, June 15, 2010 (www.newsnet5.com)

Michael Sangiacomo, "Lorain County man mauled to death by family dogs," The Plain Dealer, June 15, 2010 (blog.cleveland.com)

"Lorain County man dies after vicious dog attack," WTAM 1100, June 16, 2010 (www.wtam.com)

Elisa Amigo, "Father Calls 911 After Son is Mauled to Death By Dogs," Fox 8 News, June 16, 2010 (www.fox8.com)

Adam Mawson, "Man killed by dogs: Family pets viciously maul New Russia Township resident in driveway," Morning Journal, June 16, 2010 (www.morningjournal.com)

Brad Dicken, "Man killed by dogs in horrifying attack," The Chronicle Telegram, June 16, 2010 (chronicle.northcoastnow.com)

Tonya Sams, "Dogs involved in fatal attack included mix breeds of pit-bulls, mastiffs and rottweiler," The Plain Dealer, June 16, 2010 (blog.cleveland.com)

"Dog breed info released in fatal mauling," WEWS News June 16, 2010 (www.newsnet5.com)

Mark Zinni, "Investigators: Fatal Dog Mauling 'Horrible Accident,'" Fox 8 News, June 16, 2010 (www.fox8.com)

"AUDIO: Excerpts from the 911 call made by Michael Kywa," Morning Journal, June 17, 2010 (www.morningjournal.com)

Kyle Holland

Eric Lawrence, "Lincoln Park boy may have been killed by dog," Detroit Free Press, July 12, 2010 (www.freep.com)

Steve Pardo, "Dog attack suspected in 5-year-old boy's death," The Detroit News, July 12, 2010 (www.detnews.com)

Alexis Wiley, "Lincoln Park Boy Found Dead, Dogs May Be to Blame," WJBK Fox 2, July 12, 2010 (www.myfoxdetroit.com)

Alexis Wiley, "Issues with 2 Lincoln Park Dogs: Reports," WJBK Fox 2, July 13, 2010 (www.myfoxdetroit.com)

Nate Stemen, "LINCOLN PARK: Autopsy scheduled for 5-year-old killed by apparent dog attack (with videos)," The News Herald, July 13, 2010 (thenewsherald.com)

Eric Lawrence, "Autopsy confirms Lincoln Park boy was mauled to death by dogs," Detroit Free Press, July 14, 2010 (www.freep.com)

Nate Stemen, "LINCOLN PARK: Memorial fund set up for boy mauled to death by dog; mother releases statement," The News Herald, July 15, 2010 (thenewsherald.com)

Nate Stemen, "LINCOLN PARK: Loved ones say goodbye to 5-year-old mauled to death," The News Herald, July 17, 2010 (thenewsherald.com)

Nate Stemen, "LINCOLN PARK: Dogs' teeth impressions taken in connection with mauling case," The News Herald, July 24, 2010 (thenewsherald.com)

Nate Stemen, "LINCOLN PARK: Justice sought for 5-year-old mauled boy," The News Herald, September 25, 2010 (thenewsherald.com)

Nate Stemen, "LINCOLN PARK: Charges could be decided by 2011 in mauling death of 5-year-old boy," The News Herald, November 28, 2010 (thenewsherald.com)

Alan Burdziak, "LINCOLN PARK: Two dogs believed to be responsible for boy’s death still sit in cages one year later," The News Herald, June 14, 2011 (www.thenewsherald.com)

Alan Burdziak, "DETROIT: Mother, boyfriend charged in fatal dog mauling," The News Herald, June 27, 2011 (www.thenewsherald.com)

William Parker

"One Dead, At Least Three Injured in Dog Attack," My Fox Memphis, July 20, 2010 (www.myfoxmemphis.com)

Shane Myers, "1 Dead, 3 Injured in Pit Bull Attack in Downtown Memphis," FOX 16, July 20, 2010 (www.fox16.com)

Jody Callahan, "Man dies after pit bull attack near Memphis medical center," The Commercial Appeal, July 20, 2010 (www.commercialappeal.com)

Joyce Peterson, "Victims Families Blame Memphis Police for Deadly Pit Bull Attack," My Eyewitness News, July 20, 2010 (www.myeyewitnessnews.com)

James Major, "Victim describes beating away pit bulls with beer bottle," WAFB, July 21, 2010 (www.wafb.com)

Janice Broach, "Woman charged in fatal pit bull attack," WLBT, July 22, 2010 (www.wafb.com)

Janice Broach, "Boyfriend says woman not at fault in deadly pit bull attack," WMCTV, July 23, 2010 (www.wmctv.com)

Stephanie Scurlock, "Police Director On Record About Response To Dog Attack," WREG, July 23, 2010 (www.wreg.com)

Kontji Anthony, "Vigil held for man mauled in pit bull attack," WMCTV, July 24, 2010 (www.wmctv.com)

Linda Moore, "Service mourns victim of dog attack," July 25, 2010 (www.commercialappeal.com)

Jacob Bisbee

Robert Salonga, "Stepgrandfather arrested in 2-year-old's fatal dog mauling," The Contra Costa Times, July 22, 2010 (www.contracostatimes.com)

Henry K. Lee, "Step-grandfather held in boy's mauling death," San Francisco Chronicle, July 22, 2010 (www.sfgate.com)

"Dog That Killed Boy Showed Aggression," KCRA.com, July 23, 2010 (www.kcra.com)

Henry K. Lee, "Step-grandfather talks about killer pit bulls," San Francisco Chronicle, July 24, 2010 (www.sfgate.com)

Malaika Fraley, "DA: Concord pit bulls killed three family pets before toddler's fatal mauling," Contra Costa Times, August 5, 2010 (www.contracostatimes.com)

Aaron Carlson

J. Harry Jones, "Dog mauls toddler to death in Tierrasanta," Sign on San Diego, July 31, 2010 (www.signonsandiego.com)

"Family Dog Kills Toddler in Tierrasanta," East County Magazine, July 31, 2010 (www.eascountymagazine.org)

"Fatal Dog Mauling Of Toddler Determined To Be An Accident," 10News.com, July 31, 2010 (www.10news.com)

Associated Press, "Death of San Diego boy by dog ruled accidental," Sign on San Diego, August 1, 2010 (www.signonsandiego.com)

Chris Chan, "CPS Removes Kids from Home of Dog Attack," NBCSanDiego.com, August 8, 2010 (www.msnbc.com)

"Woman Arrested Months After Child Mauled By Dog," KGTV San Diego, April 27, 2011 (www.10news.com)

Tracey Payne

Carl Lewis, "Woman's body found in backyard of vacant Macon home," Macon.com, August 20, 2010 (www.macon.com)

Carl Lewis, "Autopsy finds woman died of dog mauling in south Macon," Macon.com, August 20, 2010 (www.macon.com)

Associated Press, "Autopsy Blames Death on Dog Attack," My Fox Atlanta, August 20, 2010 (www.myfoxatlanta.com)

Carl Lewis, "Autopsy: Woman discovered at vacant home died of dog mauling," Macon.com, August 21, 2010 (www.macon.com)

Amy Aubert, "Macon Man Attacked by Pit Bull in Same Area Where a Woman was Found Dead," 13 WMAZ, August 21, 2010 (www.13wmaz.com)

Jerry Yates

C. Johnson, "Pit bulls attack, kill Calaveras County man, sheriff says," News10, August 23, 2010 (www.news10.net)

"Sheriff: Man Killed By Pit Bull," KCRA.com, August 23, 2010 (www.kcra.com)

Nada Iranpour, "Man Killed by Employee's Pit Bulls," CBS 13, August 23, 2010 (www.cbs13.com)

C. Johnson, "Calaveras County man apparently killed by pit bulls" News10, August 23, 2010 (www.news10.net)

Dana M. Nichols, "Dogs Attack, Kill Calaveras Businessman" Record.net. August 24, 2010 (www.record.net)

Joel Metzger, "Pit bulls kill Mountain Ranch Man," Calaveras Enterprise, August 25, 2010 (www.calaverasenterprise.com)

George Warren, "Autopsy confirms Calaveras pit bull victim bled to death," News10, August 25, 2010 (www.news10.net)

Joel Metzger, "Mountain Ranch pays tribute," Calaveras Enterprise, September 3, 2010 (www.calaverasenterprise.com)

Joel Metzger, "Pit bull owner faces charges in court today," Calaveras Enterprise, September 14, 2010 (www.calaverasenterprise.com)

Joel Metzger, "Pit Bull Owner Pleads Not Guilty," Calaveras Enterprise, September 17, 2010 (www.calaverasenterprise.com)

Jason Walter

"Seven Year Old Boy Dies after Multiple Dog Attack," Central Illinois News Center, August 25, 2010 (www.centralillinoisnewscenter.com)

Gary L. Smith, "LaSalle boy attacked and killed by dogs on farm," Peoria Journal Star, August 25, 2010 (www.pjstar.com)

Tom Collins, "7-year-old La Salle student dies in dog attack; Four dogs destroyed," News Tribune, August 26, 2010 (www.newstrib.com)

Gary L. Smith, "Friends, neighbors remember LaSalle boy killed in dog attack," Peoria Journal Star, August 26, 2010 (www.pjstar.com)

Phil Luciano, "Luciano: Pet ownership laws should have more teeth," Peoria Journal Star, August 26, 2010 (www.pjstar.com)

Gary L. Smith, "State's attorney refers dog attack to state," Peoria Journal Star, August 27, 2010 (www.pjstar.com)

Taylor Becker

"Dog Kills Girl, 4, In Dodge County," WISN.com, August 25, 2010 (www.wisn.com)

"Authorities: Dog Kills Girl In Dodge County," Channel3000.com, August 25, 2010 (www.channel3000.com)

Tom Murray, "Four Year-Old Girl Killed in Dog Attack," Today's TMJ4, August 25, 2010 (www.todaystmj4.com)

Reporter staff and Associated Press, "4-year-old girl killed in dog attack," fdlreporter.com, August 26, 2010 (www.fdlreporter.com)

"Girl Killed by Dog in Dodge County Identified," WBAY, Updated August 29, 2010 (www.wbay.com)

Megan Sheridan, "Dog kills girl near Iron Ridge," Beaver Dam Daily Citizen, August 25, 2010 (www.wiscnews.com)

Patricia Simms, "Criminal charges unlikely in dog attack," Madison.com, August 27, 2010 (host.madison.com)

"Sheriff: Charges Unlikely In Fatal Dog Attack," Channel3000.com, August 27, 2010 (www.channel3000.com)

"Dog that fatally bit child to be euthanized," Beaver Dam Daily Citizen, September 1, 2010 (www.wiscnews.com)

Mattie Daugherty

Megan Boatright, "McMinn County woman killed in pit bull attack," WRCBtv.com, September 4, 2010 (www.wrcbtv.com)

Jana Barnello, "UPDATE: Elderly Woman Mauled to Death by Pit Bull," News Channel 9, September 4, 2010 (www.newschannel9.com)

"Pit Bull Mauling Victim Funeral to be Held," News Channel 9, September 4, 2010 (www.newschannel9.com)

Josh Alt, "85-year-old Etowah woman mauled to death by pit bull," WATE.com, September 6, 2010 (www.wate.com)

Reverend John Reynolds

"Rev. John Reynolds found dead with severe bite marks," KSDK.com, October 19, 2010 (www.ksdk.com)

Associated Press, "Pastor found dead in Mo. pen of pit bulls; son thinks stray dogs, mountain lion to blame," KY3.com, October 19, 2010 (ky3.com)

Josh Horowitz, "Pit Bulls Suspected In Williamsburg Pastor’s Death," KBIA.org, October 19, 2010 (www.kbia.org)

Allie Spillards, "Willamsburg Pastor Found Dead in Pen of Pitbulls," KOMU.com, October 19, 2010 (www.komu.com)

"Elderly pastor mauled to death in dog kennel filled with 17 pit bulls," Mail Online, October 20, 2010 (www.dailymail.co.uk)

Justin Valentin

"Pit bull kills baby in Arlington," Jacksonville.com, October 25, 2010 (www.jacksonville.com)

"Newborn Attacked By Pit Bull Dies," News 4 Jax, October 25, 2010 (www.news4jax.com)

"Newborn dies after pit bull attack at home," My Fox Orlando, October 26, 2010 (www.myfoxorlando.com)

"Newborn Dies in Jacksonville after Being Mauled by Pit Bull Terrier," First Coast News, October 26, 2010 (www.firstcoastnews.com)

"Newborn killed by family's pit bull terrier," CNN, October 26, 2010 (www.cnn.com)

"Dad: Dog That Killed Baby 'Very Loving'," News 4 Jax, October 26, 2010 (www.news4jax.com)

"Pit bull murders newborn baby," WALB.com, October 26, 2010 (www.walb.com)

Dana Treen, "Investigation continuing in dog-mauling death of Jacksonville newborn," Jacksonville.com, October 17, 2010 (www.jacksonville.com)

Christina Casey

Richard Brooks, "Dogs suspected of killing woman," The Press-Enterprise, November 15, 2010 (www.pe.com)

Jose Arballo, "Police: Moreno Valley woman mauled to death by neighbor’s dogs," SWRNN.com, November 16, 2010 (www.swrnn.com)

Associated Press, "Calif woman killed by pit bulls in backyard," San Francisco Chronicle, November 17, 2010 (www.sfgate.com)

Associated Press, "Police seek charges after dogs kill woman in yard," SignOnSanDiego.com, November 17, 2010 (/www.signonsandiego.com)

Chris Vogel, "Christina Casey Mauled to Death by Neighbor's Pit Bulls; Brother Sues City of Moreno Valley," LA Weekly Blog, September 20, 2011 (blogs.laweekly.com)

Shirley Bird

Michael Earl, "Ida Grove woman’s death attributed to dog bite," Radio Iowa, November 18, 2010 (www.radioiowa.com)

Dolly Butz, "Ida Grove woman dies from dog bite," WCFCourier.com, November 18, 2010 (www.wcfcourier.com)

Forrest Saunders, "Ida Grove woman dead after attacked by own dog," KTIV, November 18, 2010 (www.ktiv.com)

Kaden Muckleroy

"East Texas toddler killed by pit bull," KLTV, November 10, 2010 (www.kltv.com)

"Update: More family tragedy follows after two-year-old killed by pit bull in Rusk County," CBS 19, November 11, 2010 (www.cbs19.com)

Sara Story, "Pit Bull kills two-year-old, family reacts," KLTV, November 10, 2010 (www.kltv.com)

Kenneth Dean, "Pit Bull Kills Child In Rusk County: Death, Suicide Latest In String Of Misfortune," TyperPaper.com, November 11, 2010 (www.tylerpaper.com)

Sara Story, "East Texans push for ban on Pit Bulls," KLTV.com, November 11, 2010 (www.kltv.com)

Kenneth Dean, "Most of Seized Dogs Euthanized After Toddler's Death," TylerPaper.com, November 16, 2010 (www.tylerpaper.com)

Robyn Claridy, "Rusk County man could face charges in fatal dog attack," News-Journal.com, November 16, 2010 (news-journal.com)

Cason Bryant

Jim Mustian, "Phenix City boy, 5, mauled to death by pack of dogs," Ledger-Inquirer.com, November 16, 2010 (www.ledger-enquirer.com)

Raquel Rodriguez, "Officers wrap up investigation into dog attack that killed little boy," WRBL, November 16, 2010 (www2.wrbl.com)

Stephanie Tiso, "Funeral arrangements set for child mauled to death," WLTZ.com, November 17, 2010 (www.wltz.com)

Jim Mustian, "Phenix City dog mauling case will likely go to grand jury," Ledger-Inquirer.com, November 16, 2010 (www.ledger-enquirer.com)

Justin Lane

SCNOW Staff, "Investigator: Latta man killed by family dog," SCNOW.com (www2.scnow.com)

Tonya Brown, "Police: Man killed by family dog," Carolina Live, November 18, 2010 (www.carolinalive.com)

"Family dog kills Latta man," WMBF News, November 18, 2010 (www.wbmfnews.com)

"Dog responsible for man's death euthanized," WMBF News, December 1, 2010 (www.wbmfnews.com)

Edward Mitchell

Richard Brooks, "Man dies from pit bull attack injuries," The Press-Enterprise, December 8, 2010 (www.pe.com)

Jose Arballo Jr., Murrieta man dies from injuries sustained in October pit bull dog attack, SWRNN.com, December 8, 2010 (www.swrnn.com)

Sarah Burge, "MURRIETA: Pit bull victim critically injured," The Press-Enterprise, October 15, 2010 (www.pe.com)

Jeannette Vaughn

Adela Uchida, "Family dog kills three-month-old infant," abc13.com, December 20, 2010 (www.abclocal.go.com)

Paige Hewitt, "Baby dies from bites by family dog in NW Harris," Houston Chronicle, December 20, 2010 (www.chron.com)

Brad Woodard, "Pet dog kills baby in northwest Harris County," KHOU.com, December 20, 2010 (www.khou.com)

"Family Dog Kills Baby," Click2Houston, December 20, 2010 (www.click2houston.com)

Paige Hewitt, "Mom's precautions fail to stop Rottweiler from mauling baby," Houston Chronicle, December 20, 2010 (www.chron.com)

If you don't like new reports as sources... here's some gov't data:

CDC Report breaking down dog bite fatalities by breed:

ftp://ftp.cdc.gov/pub/Publications/mmwr/wk/mm4621.pdf

(Starting on page 463 of the report)

From 1979-1996 period:

Pitt Bulls - 60 Deaths

Rottweiler - 29 Deaths

German Shepard - 19 Deaths

Husky - 14 Deathers

Mixed Breeds (pits vs Rots):

Pitt Bull Mix - 10 Deaths

Rottweiler Mix - 3 Deaths

So Pits & Mixes = 70 Deaths

and Rots & MIxes - 32 Deaths

I'm all for limiting Rots as well, but it's pretty obvious considering Pitbulls far and away lead dog attacks yet comprise about 5% of the dog population.

I'm not disputing that PART of the responsibility lies on the owner who seeks this breed due to it's reputation, but to ignore these stats and write them off completely as "owners fault" and denying any inherent aggressive tendencies in the breed is absurd. You look foolish when you do this. Please stop.

read something on FB the other day that said no single, neutered/spayed pit bull had ever killed anyone. I didn't go searching to see if this was true but I'm sure someone else will for me.

No.
2010 Dog Bite Fatalities:

33 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2010. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 650 U.S. cities, pit bulls led these attacks accounting for 67% (22). Pit bulls make up approximately 5% of the total U.S. dog population.2

In 2010, the combination of pit bulls (22) and rottweilers (4) accounted for 79% of all fatal attacks. In the 6-year period from 2005 to 2010, this same combination accounted for 71% (129) of the total recorded deaths (181).

The combined breakdown between the two breeds is substantial. From 2005 to 2010, pit bulls killed 104 Americans, about one citizen every 21 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 25 Americans, about one citizen every 88 days.

2010 data shows that 61% (20) of the attacks occurred to children (11 years and younger) and 39% occurred to adults. Of the children, 75% (15) occurred to ages 4 and younger. Within this same age group, males represented 60% of the victims.
I will accept your data without comment. So you are perfectly fine with Rottweilers then? And Presa Canarios?

And you are okay with the thousands of dog bites to the face annually that were not caused by Pit Bulls?

Is that where we are?

icon, what the hell happened to you? You used to be chill and talked about jeeps and your cute part asian/native american/don't remember girlfriend. Now you're hellbent on this stupid pitbull rant. I don't get it. Why do you care so much about this? Are you missing a leg due to a pitbull?

Users who are viewing this thread