What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another Pitt Bull attack (1 Viewer)

Nanny dogs. Its just like that time Mary Poppins savaged Jane Banks, gnawing her face off for not letting that spoon full of sugar help the medicine go down.

tjnc09 said:
If I also wanted to be a loser who spends all day on the Internet, I'm sure I could find a more recent story.  
Hard to search the internet while you are getting all those neck and face tattoos i imagine. 

tjnc09 said:
If I also wanted to be a loser who spends all day on the Internet, I'm sure I could find a more recent story.  
my suggestion for you my friend is to find something that makes you happy perhaps a hobby like crocheting i bet if you tried it you would feel relaxed and be a lot nicer and at the end of the day in addition to all that you would have a kick butt scarf so hey win win and when you are sittin back this fall with a sweet crochet sweater and full of love tell em the old swcer sent ya take that to the bank bromigo

Last edited by a moderator:
Latched onto her neck and wouldnt let go. Just like golden retrievers. 
I believe that characteristic is more common among Pomeranians than Goldens.  Lots of dog fighters are starting to recognize this and are trying to cross their bully breeds, their Pits, Cane Corsos, Dogo Argentines with Pomeranians.  That is a dangerous proposition because often the Poms will kill and eat their breeding partner, but the results are spectacular when the coupling is successful.

I believe that characteristic is more common among Pomeranians than Goldens.  Lots of dog fighters are starting to recognize this and are trying to cross their bully breeds, their Pits, Cane Corsos, Dogo Argentines with Pomeranians.  That is a dangerous proposition because often the Poms will kill and eat their breeding partner, but the results are spectacular when the coupling is successful.
I have heard of this. Cute and deadly.

First they attacked a young girl and nobody did anything about it. Then they attacked a 14 year old, nothing. 

Now they have killed a man, and the DA is still contemplating what to do and the two living dogs are just back at home with their owner.  

it was gorey, horrific. The worst I've ever seen
That DA is either a pit truther or is just afraid of all of the pit truthers out there protesting. 

This woman is a hero.

She heard the blood curdling screams a block away. Hopped a fence, picked up a horsey tricycle thingy and started beating the pit bull that was attacking a woman. Surprisingly the devil beast released its grip and luckily the husband had also heard the screams and saw his wife go running. He grabbed the car and pulled up in it so both women could jump in the car and get out of there, ALIVE.

That stupid lady that owns those two pit bulls probably argues with other people about what a bad reputation pit bulls have. 

:heavysigh:

"The family, police clarified Wednesday afternoon after initially saying that the dog was in an animal foster care program, had agreed to take care of the dog for a friend. The family had the dog less than a day when it attacked the boy."

Um. 
“A 4 year-old Hazel Park boy died Tuesday evening after a vicious attack by a 60-pound, male pit bull that the family was temporarily looking after, police said.”

Yeah, the day someone asks me to temporarily look after their pit bull, with my small children in my house, is the day I politely tell someone to gfy. 

And it’s not a close call. 

“The family, police clarified Wednesday afternoon after initially saying that the dog was in an animal foster care program, had agreed to take care of the dog for a friend. The family had the dog less than a day when it attacked the boy.”

Jesus Christ. People are incredibly ducking stupid. 

So sad. 

“Oh hey Karen. Oh, sure. You want me to take in your brand new 60 pound rescue pit bull while you go on vacation or something? Oh, sure, we’d love to. I’ll park it right between my four year old and my two year old. It’ll be totally fine.”

I have a Presa. She’s the best dog I’ve ever had and it’s not close. Pic of my little angel. As mostly lab owners it’s been an adjustment. Stella isn’t as cuddly as a lab and obviously she could kill a elephant but if you are a responsible owner it just takes patience, a strong will and common sense. I have spent countless hours working with her and I exercise her daily. I think that’s where most people fail. They don’t realize how much work is involved in being a responsible pet owner.
She looks really healthy. Stocky and strong. I'd definitely adjust my behavior to be assertive and respectful around her if I didn't know her. Just like any other type of dog, pitbull or otherwise. Props for all the work you've done. I'm advocating that dogs, properly cared for, are not a threat. The common sense thing you mention. Do you have an opinion of why someone might judge one animal over another? Like, why do pit bulls get such a bad reputation? Because it's obvious to me, and hopefully not short-sighted, that your experience with her can probably lend itself to you speaking as an authority.

Jesus Christ. People are incredibly ducking stupid. So sad.
Hey man. Sorry to "at" you, but just as a starting point between us, if you choose.. Generalizing an entire group of people in one fell swoop, especially negatively.. I just don't see that as a good idea. It's stereotyping, right? It's easy to do, especially when taking sides. I just wanted to know how you felt about that question. And also, this is probably more rigged in my favor, admittedly, but how much real-life, personal experience with dogs are you bringing to the argument. You are very good at negative cut-downs, and that has its place, I'm sure. But constructively, I'm also wondering how much of the "other side of the coin" you've considered in this whole deal, the argument that isn't against pit bulls. Cheers dude.

Just saw this story. Just awful 60 pound killing machine. I am sure getting stabbed with scissors doesnt deter yorkies either. 
Hi man. You and I have discovered some common ground lately in the wagering discussion. And I don't feel "threatened by the unknown" with you as I might have been just coming in hot. I hope you feel that way, too. I do have a question, and I realize and respect your position about what we're talking about in here. I am wondering how much influence you think the media has with their reporting of these types of stories. And if you think the media is operating with any sort of agenda. I think they are, and that gruesome headlines attract viewers, which attract more revenue. But on your end, do you feel like you are biased? And do you feel like these news stories have influenced your bias in any way. Sorry if that was worded vaguely, or seems loaded. I am seeking to know how you feel and don't have any plans on "coming at you" based on what you say. Not trying to tear up what we've kind of cultivated lately in the wagering discussion.

Hey man. Sorry to "at" you, but just as a starting point between us, if you choose.. Generalizing an entire group of people in one fell swoop, especially negatively.. I just don't see that as a good idea. It's stereotyping, right? It's easy to do, especially when taking sides. I just wanted to know how you felt about that question. And also, this is probably more rigged in my favor, admittedly, but how much real-life, personal experience with dogs are you bringing to the argument. You are very good at negative cut-downs, and that has its place, I'm sure. But constructively, I'm also wondering how much of the "other side of the coin" you've considered in this whole deal, the argument that isn't against pit bulls. Cheers dude.
Wat 

Hi man. You and I have discovered some common ground lately in the wagering discussion. And I don't feel "threatened by the unknown" with you as I might have been just coming in hot. I hope you feel that way, too. I do have a question, and I realize and respect your position about what we're talking about in here. I am wondering how much influence you think the media has with their reporting of these types of stories. And if you think the media is operating with any sort of agenda. I think they are, and that gruesome headlines attract viewers, which attract more revenue. But on your end, do you feel like you are biased? And do you feel like these news stories have influenced your bias in any way. Sorry if that was worded vaguely, or seems loaded. I am seeking to know how you feel and don't have any plans on "coming at you" based on what you say. Not trying to tear up what we've kind of cultivated lately in the wagering discussion.
No worries. I will answer in order...

1. I don't think the media has much influence. Emergency room reports for serious injury totals from dogs mostly match up with media reports. 

2. I dont think they have an agenda other than yes, gruesome attacks make headlines. But that's not really an agenda as I don't think a small cut from a scottish terrier on your hand at the park is newsworthy(this happened to me). 

3. I don't think that makes them biased. You mostly only see the really serious maulings or deaths, but you also see those from other breeds. If anything I would say the fact that publications catch such heat from pro pit advocates that they often quote disreputable sources to provide a both sides view.

4. I don't feel i am biased unfairly. When it comes to legit discussion on pit bulls, we would probably come to lots of common ground. What gets me upset/hot/annoyed is when people brush off the sheer power and ferocity of these animals and make comparisons to all dogs. Pits were bred to grab onto the snout of a bull and hold on, scoring more points so to speak for hanging on longer. They used to put pepper in the bull's nose to piss it off even more than just having a dog latched onto it would. So when I see comparisons to small dogs or more common family dogs that have killed like once every 5 years or once ever, it drives me nuts. 

Where I see real common ground with pit owners is that I would never advocate for pits to be rounded up and killed. As a vegetarian and former dog owner, that would make my skin crawl. What I want is for their breeding to be drastically reduced and a general acknowledgement that these things are freaking dangerous and should be handled with care and that most people should never dream of owning one. The stats are the stats and the breeding of the dog is the breeding.

A yorkie can't kill a 4 year old. A pomeranian can kill a newborn, but so can a small pillow tipping onto a newborn. A pomeranian cant kill a 4 year old. Even the golden/lab mix that killed the baby in the swing and has been linked in here 3-4 times already, was a 2 month old. That was the only death in the last ten years involving a golden which is like the 2nd or third most popular dog in the US. A pit can kill a 30 year old male. A golden cant. They weren't bred to go for the face/neck and latch.  

I have brought this up before, but even the statements from the rottie club and the pit are so very different. There is an acknowledgment of the power. So many pit owners don't want to admit what pits were bred for. 

Doug B said:
This is highly atypical of Great Danes. Been acquainted with about a half-dozen of them over the years, since childhood. Never seen one that wasn't a gentle giant, calm around new people and also around loud little kids. Typically a patient, friendly breed.
I think the dogs being described as “large but thin” is potentially pretty telling about how the Danes may have been treated.  

bigbottom said:
Rescue founder Molly Murray said the 2- to 3-year-old male pit bull named “Mayhem” was being taken to a veterinarian to be euthanized after he bit at least three people.
Murray said the dog showed no signs of aggression before Monday night’s attack

this is such a common theme. 

eoMMan said:
@ChainsawU this is what i was saying about dog bites. Maulings and deaths get covered regardless of breed. If you google this story you will see all of the national stories about it. Conversely if you google the two girls killed by a hit and run in milwaukee you will find far fewer national stories about it. So i think the media is definitely biased toward reporting fatal dog attacks, i dont think it is breed based bias. 

I don't feel i am biased unfairly. When it comes to legit discussion on pit bulls, we would probably come to lots of common ground. What gets me upset/hot/annoyed is when people brush off the sheer power and ferocity of these animals and make comparisons to all dogs. Pits were bred to grab onto the snout of a bull and hold on, scoring more points so to speak for hanging on longer. They used to put pepper in the bull's nose to piss it off even more than just having a dog latched onto it would. So when I see comparisons to small dogs or more common family dogs that have killed like once every 5 years or once ever, it drives me nuts.
This makes a lot of sense. Do you think the gene pool for purebred pits has been diluted enough over the years to dissipate these traits though? Why does it have to be anti-pit, as opposed to anti-strong, powerful dogs in general? Admittedly, that thought kind of infringes on what annoys you - comparing pits to more common family dogs. But then, what makes a dog a family dog? I'm probably delving too far into semantics if I go any further.. but the gene pool thing, I think that's one of the weaknesses of the anti-pit argument is that many of these dogs being incriminated aren't pits at all, but mutts and mixes that have been negatively labeled by bandwagon members.

go to a shelter in an urban environment. my pit is around 11 years old, you go to a local shelter in a city and it is like 99% pitbulls. I haven't been in awhile, so not sure it is the same (have actually seen they are saying there are tons of huskies in shelters now because people wanted dogs similar to dire wolves in Game of Thrones, and turned the huskies in).

wasn't like we were seeking out a pit for her. my main thing with a dog is I just don't like little one's. middle size and large size are more what I am accustomed to. both of the dog are muts, so what they are mixed with, I have no idea

ETA: funny thing was my dog was advertised as a "boxer" and my rottweiller was advertised as a "mastiff"
This is what I mean about the gene pool being diluted and dogs being unfortunately misidentified.

This makes a lot of sense. Do you think the gene pool for purebred pits has been diluted enough over the years to dissipate these traits though? Why does it have to be anti-pit, as opposed to anti-strong, powerful dogs in general? Admittedly, that thought kind of infringes on what annoys you - comparing pits to more common family dogs. But then, what makes a dog a family dog? I'm probably delving too far into semantics if I go any further.. but the gene pool thing, I think that's one of the weaknesses of the anti-pit argument is that many of these dogs being incriminated aren't pits at all, but mutts and mixes that have been negatively labeled by bandwagon members.
Yup. And if it's a mixed breed of a pit and something, the media is quick to simply call it a pit or a pit mix. You rarely hear it called :insert other breed in mix: mix.

Also, as I said earlier and many times in this thread, pits are the most abused breed in the country (mostly through fighting and neglect). Is it really that surprising that many are involved in attacks/bites? To simply blame the breed is a cop out. It really is.

This is what I mean about the gene pool being diluted and dogs being unfortunately misidentified.
Some validity to this, but dont forget the step after bull baiting and bear baiting was dog fighting. Something that still happens. You go to a shelter and get a rescue and it could be offspring of a fighting dog. 

So you have bull baiting genetics in there somewhere, dog fighting, and maybe even great family dog. 

This is why i think so many of these things just snap and people that were around the dog for a long time are like holy crap.

bigbottom said:
Rescue founder Molly Murray said the 2- to 3-year-old male pit bull named “Mayhem” was being taken to a veterinarian to be euthanized after he bit at least three people.
Can’t roll my eyes hard enough.  People are so stupid. 

Doug B said:
This is highly atypical of Great Danes. Been acquainted with about a half-dozen of them over the years, since childhood. Never seen one that wasn't a gentle giant, calm around new people and also around loud little kids. Typically a patient, friendly breed.
This kind of thinking is really dangerous in here.  Your anecdotal data isn’t necessary indicative of, well, anything.  It’s on this same logic people in here are all “OMG I’ve petted like 12 pit bulls and they never ate anyone before, and look, here’s a really sweet pic of one in his Easter bunny costume!!!111111”

I’m gonna get a sweet pit, and a spiked collar, and I’m gonna call him Mauler.  And me and Mauler?  We’re gonna get matching neck tats — my neck tat will be a pic of him, and his neck tat will be a pic of me.  Together Forever my little bro!!!1. Anybody gets in our way, look out!

Sigh

I’m gonna get a sweet pit, and a spiked collar, and I’m gonna call him Mauler.  And me and Mauler?  We’re gonna get matching neck tats — my neck tat will be a pic of him, and his neck tat will be a pic of me.  Together Forever my little bro!!!1. Anybody gets in our way, look out!

People are so toughstupid. 
Won't his spiked collar obscure the neck tat, negating much of its impact?

Won't his spiked collar obscure the neck tat, negating much of its impact?
Honestly, I thought the collar was for Otis.

Of course, that just transfers the obscurity - so ... :shrug:

Wait ... I think that maybe when O puts on the collar, it will appear as if Mauler is wearing it - ya know - the tat of Mauler.

Impactful? I think I'll need a pic before I decide.

I don't even know what so say....

Obviously stupidity and lack of responsibility crosses financial divides.
Jesus - putting this in spoilers with a graphic warning:

I found my dog halfway ripped apart, head and one leg on the other side of the fence, two of those stakes ripped through the body and one leg just dangling," said Jerry Flowers.

"They drug her head through the fence," Linda Flowers said. "Half of her body was through the wrought iron fence."
Thats a helluva thing for a pet owner to have to experience.

He lets 3 pits just wander around?  Godalmighty how stupid are people?
Actually: He reportedly has nine pit bull mix breeds and one “smaller dog.”

But: When we asked Williams about it, he said he has the right to do this and that some of the dogs are worth $25,000 each.

The dogs are expensive so it's ok.

Actually: He reportedly has nine pit bull mix breeds and one “smaller dog.”

But: When we asked Williams about it, he said he has the right to do this and that some of the dogs are worth $25,000 each.

The dogs are expensive so it's ok.
I know its bravado talk but if three pits were wandering around aimlessly in my yard with my kids around I would shoot each of them without hesitation.   Not sure if it would be my 12 gauge or 410 pistol but those dogs would get shot.

Users who are viewing this thread