What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another Pitt Bull attack (1 Viewer)

Read this elsewhere earlier today. Just horrible. Even more unbelievable that some still defend that breed.
It’s a typical social issue. People can’t see stuff that is the best for everyone. They have to prove others wrong so they decide to get dogs that are great family pets, until they aren’t. Problem is always that instead of a bit and stitches, you get dead or maimed people, mainly children.

They had the dogs for 8 years without incident. If that doesn't illustrate how these dogs just have this buried inside them I am not sure how else to do so.
Well, pit bulls only go bad when owned by drug dealers and bad people. This couple probably got the pit bulls because of all the hub bub to prove they weren’t bad dogs only bad owners. Had the dogs for 8 years but the kids the past two or so based on that picture.

Amazing that people still get these dogs and then have them around children.
Having two pit bulls (or any other potential aggressive or larger dog) with two very young children is definitely a horrible idea.

Tragic. Parents should be charged IMHO.

This is the risk on any dog. My neighbor's daughter was babysitting 3 kids who had a golden retriever about 3 yrs ago. She went to change the babies diaper and starter hearing screaming. One of the other 2 kids had a cookie or something dog tried to get it and the kid did something to PO the dog and attacked the kid. Nothing serious but the kid needed stitches and the parents tried blaming my neighbors daughter.

My Grandparents dog was attacked by a German Sheppard former police/gaurd dog. They happened. Certain breeds need just a lot of training. I've said this since coming to this thread but there's a lot of people who shouldn't have a dog and have no way to train them properly. I already told the story how my friends dog during the pandemic shouldn't be there either.

You also have breeders who do stupid things with dogs breeding certain breeds who shouldn't together. Unfortunately then the dogs get blamed for everything instead of the people who own them. I think more needs to be done in all pet attacks of blaming owners more. Also I don't think the public should be allowed to having former trained police, guard, military etc dogs. I think they need to be kept either with the person who trained them or the person who was responsible for them then. These dogs take years of training.

Also do to the misuse of DNA etc many Pittbulls are misindetified and grouped in.

Tragic. Parents should be charged IMHO.

This is the risk on any dog. My neighbor's daughter was babysitting 3 kids who had a golden retriever about 3 yrs ago. She went to change the babies diaper and starter hearing screaming. One of the other 2 kids had a cookie or something dog tried to get it and the kid did something to PO the dog and attacked the kid. Nothing serious but the kid needed stitches and the parents tried blaming my neighbors daughter.

My Grandparents dog was attacked by a German Sheppard former police/gaurd dog. They happened. Certain breeds need just a lot of training. I've said this since coming to this thread but there's a lot of people who shouldn't have a dog and have no way to train them properly. I already told the story how my friends dog during the pandemic shouldn't be there either.

You also have breeders who do stupid things with dogs breeding certain breeds who shouldn't together. Unfortunately then the dogs get blamed for everything instead of the people who own them. I think more needs to be done in all pet attacks of blaming owners more. Also I don't think the public should be allowed to having former trained police, guard, military etc dogs. I think they need to be kept either with the person who trained them or the person who was responsible for them then. These dogs take years of training.

Also do to the misuse of DNA etc many Pittbulls are misindetified and grouped in.

What the heck does that study have to do with pit bulls being way more dangerous than golden retrievers? It wasn’t a study on dogs who had killed people it was just about mislabeling dogs in shelters, probably because they want to be too careful so a family doesn’t pick a dog they shouldn’t.

Also, all three of your examples ended up in stitches, not two dead toddlers. Do you see the difference?

Horrific death of an elderly man

This one is especially tragic because the city had been called out and the dogs confiscated on at least two previous occasions when the dogs bit someone. Yet in both cases, the bites were deemed "minor" and the dogs returned to the owners. Now a man is dead and the owners have been charged.

Users who are viewing this thread