What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Only Patriots Left - 31 of 32 Paid - $250 Entry - $40k Prize (1 Viewer)

brianhatch

Footballguy
32 Team NFL Style Dynasty Draft League

Paragon Fantasy Football is a "not for profit" set of leagues with 100% payout after $70 myfantasyleague.com fees, all money held by Leaguesafe.com (of course!) so no chance of fraud, and leagues designed NOT to be 1-3 years and then done. We have five leagues, but the one I wanted to talk about in this post is a new 32 team that is starting up this year. It's going to be an intense, fun league, and I'd suggest that if you read through the rules, testimonials from fellow players, many of which are already signed up in this new league, you'll realize this is exactly the kind of league that can become your "premier" league year in and year out... worthy of the time you invest in this sport. Why play in 4-5 $50 dynasty leagues when you can invest in a $250 league with big prize pools and where all the owners have enough skin in the game to care a lot about their teams and sticking around for the long-haul? Where winning it yields thousands in prize money, not just the leftovers after league fee and a pat on the back. People get invested emotionally in Paragon leagues, which is why we have an incredibly high retention of owners and the pretty universal feeling among people that have played in other leagues that this isn't soulless corporate fantasy football, nor is it the near-free leagues started by high-school students that rise and crash with alarming frequency... but rather, your fantasy home. Come find out why this claim isn't just hype.

SUMMARY:

* 32 teams, organized into the NFL structure, bearing NFL franchise names.

* 53 man rosters, 8 man taxi squad, IR, etc. built to mimic NFL.

* 21 starters, balanced between offensive positions and defense for realism.

* The proven, balanced Paragon PPR scoring system.

* Playoff structure that mimics the NFL.

* 2 Inaugural drafts for Veterans and Rookies.

* Annual rookie-only draft occurring soon after the NFL draft.

* Annual off season supplemental draft and blind bidding waivers.

* Sign players off opposing franchises practice squad for a price.

* In order to allow for 32 teams yet 53 players and a normal level of starters, there are two copies of each NFL player in the league although you can only own one copy of the player at any time. This adds many extra trading opportunities, strategy around drafts and an increased chance of rostering your favorite players.

* Large prize pools with 100% payouts less MFL league fees of $70/yr approx.

* Designed to last for the long haul with league parity in mind to re-balance each year so the league stays competitive.

* Extra compensatory rookie draft picks, holdover of 25% of prize money years 1-4 in order to have double prizes (Super Pool Concept) every 5 years.

* Start this league with confidence that it will be around for many years to come.

Entry is $250 per year, with 50% deposit on year one due at registration. So $375. Even if this may not be for you, please visit our site and see our other leagues, as we've got both a 16 team annual auction (about half full) that is much simpler for those in the mood for such, plus at 16 team Dynasty Auction (full) with Contracts/Salary cap league. Many players are signing up for all three. Both Chris and I will play in all of them, just as we are committed to being players in all Paragon leagues.

Anyway, check out the site, and you can see which teams are available at the top of the rule page.

The rules are well thought out, long, and comprehensive... and well worth reading no matter your interest: http://www.paragonfantasyfootball.com/32-t...draft-2010.html

General Site Info With Links To All 5 Leagues: http://www.paragonfantasyfootball.com

I hope I'll have a chance to play with all of you! This is going to be a fun! Every year we fill our leagues early, and end up turning away dozens of players that waited until the Summer to start thinking of next season. If you see this post, do yourself a favor and see if it's for you, and reserve your spot today before all of the remaining teams are gone. We fill leagues earlier than most to give teams the chance to get to know their fellow owners before the draft, and to begin to trade draft picks and set themselves up for success.

Best Regards,

Brian Hatch & Chris Kuszelyk

Co-Commissioners and Players (Cardinals & Ravens in this league)

commissioner@paragonfantasyfootball.com

NOTE: Board cut off my topic title... it is about $40k in prizes over 5 years ($250x32x5). It's a lot of cash. And a lot higher probability of winning it versus joining leagues where you are one of 1000 teams going for $50k prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
9 franchises have been secured to date:

NFC Teams Taken

Cardinals

49ers

Cowboys

Bears

Giants

AFC Teams Taken

Ravens

Steelers

Titans

Raiders

remaining teams include:

AFC:

Bengals

Browns

Colts

Jags

Texans

Bills

Dolphins

Jets

Patriots

Broncos

Chargers

Chiefs

NFC:

Lions

Bucs

Panthers

Falcons

Eagles

Seahawks

Only 8 teams left, folks... 24 teams have been taken and fully paid for. If you've been thinking about it... it's time to jump aboard. The upcoming draft of 32 teams times 53 roster spots is going to be incredible... I can only imagine the trading that will occur of picks and players, before during, and after the draft. Plus, the Patriots are still available!

75% filled by really high-quality players, most of whom have been playing in Paragon leagues for a long-while. We're routinely told (read some of the testimonials on the site), that these leagues become the absolute favorite of owners joining. It's the kind of league they were looking for year after year. If you've been on the fence, come grab one of these final 8 franchises. We want to get this league fully filled so we can randomize the draft and people have a chance to be trading picks. We'll be starting with a rookie draft for all 32 teams, followed by a 32 team veteran draft. We hope to start as close to the real NFL draft as possible... leaving a nice, fun, leisurely process through the entire remaining offseason. At the end of the day, what sounds more fun than that? Get your fix with this league. It's got enough skin to keep all the owners interested, engaged, and really motivated to do well. Sure, it's not as easy as shooting fish in a barrel as your average $50 league, but most of us enjoy challenges, right?

Pick a team and come join us. You'll be glad you did.

Calm before the storm... still 8 teams, 24 been filled and paid for. We've got a couple more that should be paid by NFL draft, so we're hoping to fill those last few and start drafting sometime after the real NFL draft, at least for rookies. Take care.

Lions, Falcons, Panthers, Bills, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers

All available. I understand a few of those teams, but the Patriots???

Bring it on lads - Can't wait for this one to kick off and start building my championship team. lol

The only problem will be having TOOOO much fun.

Dont know if I can handle this and the 16 team league as well, but I will be giving it a good shake.

Prebulator

:lmao:

Only 6 teams left... the Seahawks and Panthers were taken. 26 teams have signed up and fully paid.

5 teams left

Lions, Falcons, Bills, Broncos, Chargers

Rookie draft will commence 72 hours after the league is filled.

This sounds like a blast. I've never been in a league over 14 teams before..32 teams is quite the challenge.

Terrific! Glad to have you on board. We've got such a great mix of players among the 28 teams signed up. About 1/3 are from the many other Paragon leagues. About 1/3 found us through Footballguys, and about 1/3 found us from some of the many other sites we posted on. I've got to say, I'm not sure I've ever been more excited about this format, league, and potential than any other league I've started or played in.

The prize pool is going to be insane. 32 teams contributing $250 per year... that's going to be a real reward to the owners that work hard and draft and build good teams.

I agree. I'm so psyched. It's the closest we'll get to actually running an nfl team - not to mention it'll be a league that you'll get to interact with all year long and not just football season. I've been organizing since I joined and can't wait for the last 4 spots to be filled!!

K-Town Bengals

Still Four Spots Left

We're very excited to get our rookie draft started before the veteran draft. It will be exciting. Come join this great format.

I've been asked how big the prize pools are, since 100% payout.

In years 1-4, when 75% is paid out, it's just under $6k in payouts. But the kicker is, in year 5, when the super pool is there, it's $16k!!!!

$16k is a very nice prize pool.

When you think about it, do you want to be one of hundreds or thousands of teams chasing a $50k prize, or one of 32 chasing $16k in prizes (Super Bowl Champ with win $4800 in year 5, rest goes to other teams).

100% payouts - it matters.

Broncos taken.

Only the Falcolns remain. I expect we might even fill it before the weekend, and could randomize the draft and start trading over the course of the weekend.

Come one folks...

Patriots are left. Another team owner paid part, but not all, of the fee. We want to start the rookie only draft, on slow draft, Monday, so we're looking for another owner who can pick up the franchise and pay 100% ASAP. Please email commissioner@paragonfantasyfootball.com asap if you want to take this last spot! It's going to be great. Draft order has NOT been randomized yet.

Patriots are left. Another team owner paid part, but not all, of the fee. We want to start the rookie only draft, on slow draft, Monday, so we're looking for another owner who can pick up the franchise and pay 100% ASAP. Please email commissioner@paragonfantasyfootball.com asap if you want to take this last spot! It's going to be great. Draft order has NOT been randomized yet.
I sthis still open? If so, I'll take the team!Jaz

This league is now full, there is every chance we will have another league like this in 2011 so get in contact with us at commissioner@paragonfantasyfootball.com to express your interest or check out our website and look up our other leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread