What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Backyard Brawl IV (1 Viewer)

Patoons

Footballguy
I run the Backyard Brawl leagues (1 through 3) on MFL. It's a 14-team PPR with a one round college draft each season (110/year). I'm thinking of starting up Backyard Brawl 4 with the draft a few days after everyone's paid up (12 hr clock for draft).

These series of leagues are highly active/competitive leagues. If you do not intend on checking in roughly 1 or more times /day (even in the offseason), you may not want to consider joining.

FBGs are a part of the BBs and include jeter23, ninerfan, Team Legacy, wdcrob, broncofan13000, EBF, Bloom, Iron_Far, gianmarco, among many others.

PPR is going to be as follows:

1.0 RB

1.0 WR

1.5 TE (No TE Required)

Lineups are going to be: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex (RB/WR/TE), Flex (RB/WR/TE), D --- no Kickers (unless the overwhelming majority really want this included).

WR and TE = interchangeable.

Rookies and Developmental included in startup draft (all colllege players eligible) (14 developmental players total as max) - see rules for details. Having ALL college players available for draft is a new feature for BB4. BB1 through BB3 have only draft eligible players available for draft.

Here is a link to BB2: http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2009...=15491&O=26

I'm not 100% on starting this, just want to see what kind of interest is out there. If there's enough, I'll move forward.

Let me know if you're interested.

1. Patoons

2. Bandite

3. DevilDog919

4. Bruno2

5. JohnW1970

6. Naknek

7. 4256Doug

8. Invictus~Bronte

9. bmdassit

10. EBF

11. CKC

12. RoyDubb

13. jwb

14. doowain

Just barely in ahead of a third I got via email. So we got an alternate should someone bounce from the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id be very interested in playing.

Im in a few other leagues with Gian, so I bet he would be willing to vouch for me.

Thanks

I'm interested, we discussed me joining one last year but I decided against it. I play in leagues with broncofan, jeter, ernol, and a few others in your leagues. I can get references if needed.

I'm interested, we discussed me joining one last year but I decided against it. I play in leagues with broncofan, jeter, ernol, and a few others in your leagues. I can get references if needed.
Devil Dog and I are also in a few together too,

Bandite said:
Am I reading that correctly that we could start 3 Qbs each week?
After consideration, I'm going to go back to the traditional flex - just won't make sense to do it this way.

I am very interested. Sounds great! How much are the fees and where do I send them? Let me Know

Thanks Doug Pendergraft

d_pendergraft@bresnan.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I run the Backyard Brawl leagues (1 through 3) on MFL. It's a 14-team PPR with a one round college draft each season (110/year). I'm thinking of starting up Backyard Brawl 4 with the draft a few days after everyone's paid up (12 hr clock for draft).

These series of leagues are highly active/competitive leagues. If you do not intend on checking in roughly 1 or more times /day (even in the offseason), you may not want to consider joining.

FBGs are a part of the BBs and include jeter23, ninerfan, Team Legacy, wdcrob, broncofan13000, EBF, Bloom, Iron_Far, gianmarco, among many others.

PPR is going to be as follows:

1.0 RB

1.0 WR

1.5 TE (No TE Required)

Lineups are going to be: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex (RB/WR/TE), Flex (RB/WR/TE), D --- no Kickers (unless the overwhelming majority really want this included).

WR and TE = interchangeable.

Rookies and Developmental included in startup draft (all colllege players eligible) (14 developmental players total as max) - see rules for details. Having ALL college players available for draft is a new feature for BB4. BB1 through BB3 have only draft eligible players available for draft.

Here is a link to BB2: http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2009...=15491&O=26

I'm not 100% on starting this, just want to see what kind of interest is out there. If there's enough, I'll move forward.

Let me know if you're interested.

1. Patoons

2. Bandite

3. DevilDog919

4. Bruno2

5. JohnW1970

6. Naknek

7. 4256Doug

8. Invictus~Bronte

Bandite said:
After consideration, I'm going to go back to the traditional flex - just won't make sense to do it this way.
I am interested and will send you a PM. i also think that it would be a great idea to allow for one flex to be a QB. Really would open up the draft to different ideas on how to construct a team. I play in QB flex leagues and the drafts and team building strategies are much more flexible.

Bandite said:
I am interested and will send you a PM. i also think that it would be a great idea to allow for one flex to be a QB. Really would open up the draft to different ideas on how to construct a team. I play in QB flex leagues and the drafts and team building strategies are much more flexible.
That's exactly why I was adding it originally, however, the overwhelming feedback I got from people interested is that the concern was that opening it up for another QB spot in the flex may result in severely unbalanced teams.I'm open to doing it since I don't use that in any of my other leagues and maybe what we do is open up a league vote before we even draft to see if people would be interested. I'd be curious to hear the group's take on opening to 1 QB flex.

The way I understood the original post was that we could start 3 QB's. That may be a little overboard, however with the option to start 2 is more in line and you would have a much harder time getting three guys together to drop over a 100 for you some weeks.

Looks like we are are at 11,

Is 14 the requirment or can we seal it off at 12 and start drafting?

2 QBs starting each in a 12 team league seems more realisitic than possibly 2 qbs each in a 14 teamer

Looks like we are are at 11, Is 14 the requirment or can we seal it off at 12 and start drafting?2 QBs starting each in a 12 team league seems more realisitic than possibly 2 qbs each in a 14 teamer
I play in 2 of Steves MOX Superflex Leagues, and in those you can start 2 QB's in a 14 team league. It's not a big problem, but 3 is overboard imo. I'd support 1 QB OR 2 QB's in 12-14 team leagues, not a fan of 3 though.

Looks like we are are at 11, Is 14 the requirment or can we seal it off at 12 and start drafting?2 QBs starting each in a 12 team league seems more realisitic than possibly 2 qbs each in a 14 teamer
I play in 2 of Steves MOX Superflex Leagues, and in those you can start 2 QB's in a 14 team league. It's not a big problem, but 3 is overboard imo. I'd support 1 QB OR 2 QB's in 12-14 team leagues, not a fan of 3 though.
I'll also support either 1 or 2 QB, and not the 3 QB option...

I agree, up to 2 QB is cool, 3 is unbalanced. In the FFPC we use the double flex and 1.5 for TE and it really gives creative options for drafting and building a Team.

Agreed..... I'll support 1 or 2 QB as well.

Going to hold strong for the 14.

Bandite said:
A Flex at the QB position is a major Deal Killer for me. If the league does decide to go that way I will have to pass.

Bandite said:
A Flex at the QB position is a major Deal Killer for me. If the league does decide to go that way I will have to pass.
Fair enough.Getinthemix -- I'm just going to keep with my nixing of the QB deal since a number of guys have joined assuming that we'd go with the 1. I've also received a few PMs on it. Let me know if that changes your "in" status.

Bandite said:
Fair enough.Getinthemix -- I'm just going to keep with my nixing of the QB deal since a number of guys have joined assuming that we'd go with the 1. I've also received a few PMs on it. Let me know if that changes your "in" status.
If there is no flex at the QB position, I am DEFINITLY IN!!!

Patoons,

It is your league and I respect that. I am in no matter what, however I count 5 people who are interested in the ability to flex ONE QB and one loud objector. I think that we should put the ONE QB flex to a vote on the website. It may come back as no dice and that is fine. I am just wondering how many people are voicing negativity to the ability to flex TWO additional QB's as was in your OP and not realizing that that has changed.

Patoons, It is your league and I respect that. I am in no matter what, however I count 5 people who are interested in the ability to flex ONE QB and one loud objector. I think that we should put the ONE QB flex to a vote on the website. It may come back as no dice and that is fine. I am just wondering how many people are voicing negativity to the ability to flex TWO additional QB's as was in your OP and not realizing that that has changed.
I was one of the ones who initially didn't want the QB flex because the way I read the intial post it sounded like we could start 3 QBs. Yeah it changes drafting strategy, but it's not too difficult to realize QBs will go early and often. I wanted in this league because of the dynasty aspect and college draft, so I'm in no matter what happens with the QBs. I am willing to go 1 QB, 2 QBs but not 3. I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement 3 is too much.

Patoons, It is your league and I respect that. I am in no matter what, however I count 5 people who are interested in the ability to flex ONE QB and one loud objector. I think that we should put the ONE QB flex to a vote on the website. It may come back as no dice and that is fine. I am just wondering how many people are voicing negativity to the ability to flex TWO additional QB's as was in your OP and not realizing that that has changed.
I was one of the ones who initially didn't want the QB flex because the way I read the intial post it sounded like we could start 3 QBs. Yeah it changes drafting strategy, but it's not too difficult to realize QBs will go early and often. I wanted in this league because of the dynasty aspect and college draft, so I'm in no matter what happens with the QBs. I am willing to go 1 QB, 2 QBs but not 3. I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement 3 is too much.
Thanks for the reply Bruno. That is what I was getting at. I am hopeful that when people realize it is two, not three potential QB starters, the no's turn the yes's. Three would be doable, but good Lord would that draft be weird.

bmdassit weighing in...

I prefer 1 QB, but I'm okay with a 2nd flex QB. Hell, I'd rather allow a couple flex IDPs. Might be interesting!

I'm fine without a kicker.

I am in regardless.

bmdassit weighing in...I prefer 1 QB, but I'm okay with a 2nd flex QB. Hell, I'd rather allow a couple flex IDPs. Might be interesting! I'm fine without a kicker.I am in regardless.
Well ####. This post made me reread the rules and I thought it said IDP. It does not, so I am out. Team D's drive me nuts. Love the IDP and prefer to play that format in dynasty. Sorry Patoons. Hopefully though I helped the league move to a QB flex, which is a fantastic option.

A good mix of owners that I've played with before and owners that I've never played with. Looking forward to it.
That's why I just said "in" - play with a few guys, but some names I don't recognize. Always good ;)
I'll give a brief background....FF has been a hobby of mine since the early 90's, I used to only do local leagues with buddies and coworkers for years, then discovered FBGs in 2000. I was hired on as a news reporter and took part in a couple staff leagues, then I moved on to the MBSLs, Anarchy leagues all while still participating in my local leagues. I got burned out a little bit a couple years ago and took a break from the online competition but I always stayed with the local leagues. But I miss the stronger competition and variety of leagues on line so now I'm back. I've won my share of championships over the years and have fielded some bad squads as well, but no matter what I'm always very active and once I commit to a league I'm in 100%.I'm excited to get this league going, I've heard good things about the BBs, good luck...-Bruno

A good mix of owners that I've played with before and owners that I've never played with. Looking forward to it.
That's why I just said "in" - play with a few guys, but some names I don't recognize. Always good :unsure:
This looks like a good active group, which was certainly an appeal for me along with the format. Thanks for getting this together Patoons, well done!
I can't speak for everyone in the list (and I'm not even sure at this point if I'm in).....but I play with quite a few of these guys in other leagues as well as BBIII (EBF, jwb) and they are definitely very active. I know jwb and myself check in multiple times a day even in the middle of the offseason.

Give me a few to get everything gathered together for emails, etc. and I'll send out site info and payment info.

Once we're paid up, we'll roll.

We have an alternate should someone drop off or get scared away by the fierce competition here.

Users who are viewing this thread