What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (1 Viewer)

:lmao:I am trying my own version of the meal plan. Took a look and can simulate most of it pretty easily. My goal is 4, 400 calorie meals a day. It says I need 2100 to LOSE let alone maintain, but I don't believe em. Plus, I need some padding for beer calories.
I wish I'd have looked. I let choose the menu so nothing is repeated during the week which is ok for variety but pain to cook some. Most tastes ok though. Guaranteed next week when I make my menu I'm having about 8 smoothies a week. It says I need 2500 to LOSE. Seems high to me so have lowered some of the 5 meals to 400 to modify a little.
Good call on smoothies. Granola, cereal and fruit are going to be my easy fill ins. Was surprised at the bread in the plan, but all whole wheat (I've been a whole grain advocate since my last health kick 2+ years ago).Not only am I not used to eating 5 times a day, I'm not used to paying. Sushi was a nice and easy hit today, but my wallet is gonna feel it.

:goodposting:I am trying my own version of the meal plan. Took a look and can simulate most of it pretty easily. My goal is 4, 400 calorie meals a day. It says I need 2100 to LOSE let alone maintain, but I don't believe em. Plus, I need some padding for beer calories.
I wish I'd have looked. I let choose the menu so nothing is repeated during the week which is ok for variety but pain to cook some. Most tastes ok though. Guaranteed next week when I make my menu I'm having about 8 smoothies a week. It says I need 2500 to LOSE. Seems high to me so have lowered some of the 5 meals to 400 to modify a little.
Good call on smoothies. Granola, cereal and fruit are going to be my easy fill ins. Was surprised at the bread in the plan, but all whole wheat (I've been a whole grain advocate since my last health kick 2+ years ago).Not only am I not used to eating 5 times a day, I'm not used to paying. Sushi was a nice and easy hit today, but my wallet is gonna feel it.
I wasn't really either and equal the paying. Used to spend about $100/week on food and only went up to like $150-$160 week since we're trying everything. Will cut down once we figure out what we like for the future.Arnold's Double Protein whole grain bread has been our staple this week. Was Buy One, Get One at Martin's so wasn't a tough choice.Don't think I'll ever eat sushi.

My post that should go here will instead be posted in the Official Drunk Thread.GB going to the bar at 2pm, having lunch and a bunch of beers while your boss picks up the tab. :lmao:
I'm missing today unless a miracle happens too many Kung Piiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeessssssss last night :dead:

Finished fit test #2. Averaged 32% increase overall, and I didn't have to pause the dvd while lying on the floor after globe jumps like I did the first time. I was also able to write the name of the exercise on the paper this time instead of barely scrawling an almost illegible number.

Biggest increase was switch kicks. I think this was partly due to increased coordination. I had a hard time getting a rhythm the first time. Smallest increase was power jacks, probably due to being more exhausted after switch kicks and really focusing on form.

Switch Kick: 58 -> 100

Power Jack: 45 -> 47

High knee: 65 -> 86

Power Jump: 32 -> 37

Globe Jump: 6 -> 10

Suicide Jump: 14 -> 17

Pushup Jack: 20 -> 27

Obliques: 26 ->37

Last edited by a moderator:
cardio abs and pure cardio today, than a legit rest day tomorrow (first day i won't be working out in months!) and then the second fit test.

I didn't jot down #'s the first time but I know I will destroy most of my #'s from the first test (only one that will be tough is the power jump)

Finished fit test #2. Averaged 32% increase overall, and I didn't have to pause the dvd while lying on the floor after globe jumps like I did the first time. I was also able to write the name of the exercise on the paper this time instead of barely scrawling an almost illegible number.Biggest increase was switch kicks. I think this was partly due to increased coordination. I had a hard time getting a rhythm the first time. Smallest increase was power jacks, probably due to being more exhausted after switch kicks and really focusing on form.Switch Kick: 58 -> 100 Power Jack: 45 -> 47High knee: 65 -> 86Power Jump: 32 -> 37Globe Jump: 6 -> 10Suicide Jump: 14 -> 17Pushup Jack: 20 -> 27Obliques: 26 ->37
Nice job, bro. You had a huge increase on high knees, too. I effing hate those things.I think the fit test will be my favorite part of this whole program. I'm only 5 days in, but I'm already looking forward to the next test so that I can beat my first numbers. It's tangible evidence that you're improving, and provides a competitive aspect that helps with motivation.

Day 8 (Cardio Power & Resistance) done. Maybe that one is the hardest so far.

Just finished my chocolate/strawberry smoothie for lunch.

Day 6 and week 1 in the books. Managed 20 of the 30 seconds in each interval keeping up with Shawn T.

I've noticed a huge increase in energy the last few days and an all around better mood. Apparently exercise is good for you - who knew?

Really looking forward to an off day tomorrow. :blackdot:

Day 6 and week 1 in the books. Managed 20 of the 30 seconds in each interval keeping up with Shawn T. I've noticed a huge increase in energy the last few days and an all around better mood. Apparently exercise is good for you - who knew?Really looking forward to an off day tomorrow. :excited:
It's helping me fight my depression. Between my tires getting slashed and my roommates keeping me awake until 3 in the morning with their music, it helps to know that this summer I'll be fodder for many vajinas when the pools open up. :ShawnT:

I absolutely destroyed cardio abs and pure cardio today! No breaks, no stopping just pure insanity.

Looking forward to a day off tomorrow and the monday fit test!

Pure Cardio knocked out this morning, I was sweting my ### off and cussing up a storm. So glad I have the rest of the day in front of me. The funny thing is before I eat something I ask myself if it's worth all the pain from the work out. So far only beer has been worth the extra pain.

I think if anyone doesn't sweat bullets then they are doing it wrong. There's no way anyone can do 45 minutes of intense physical exercise without their body caving in.

Day 9 (Pure Cardio) complete. My summer hay-fever started going haywire last night with itchy eyes and constantly runny nose...my body was not a fan of working out today, but pushed through it as much as I could. Was doing good up until the final phase where they have the push-up jacks and up downs to push ups section.

Jut finished Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs. Last time i did the abs first but felt tight during the workout because cardio abs doesnt start with a lot of warm up or stretching. I did them in he correct order this time and would recommend t to all. I waited about 5 min after pure cardio and was OK. Cardio Abs doesn't really involve much cardio. There are a few jumps early in the session, but it is mostly floor work.

Core Cardio and Balance during recovery week......not as easy as I thought it would be. I'm sweating bullets but I'm not gassed.

Core Cardio and Balance during recovery week......not as easy as I thought it would be. I'm sweating bullets but I'm not gassed.
I have that coming next week. I'm not looking forward to doing the same thing six days in a row.I finally got back into things this morning after having a bad week last week. I hadn't been sore for a while, but I am sore this morning. Ouch.

Took Saturday morning off, ended up cutting down two huge trees as my workout.

Started back up Sunday morning. Followed by moving a #### ton of mulch. Probably not best idea, but I gots #### to do.

My body hates ShawnT right now.

Off day today. Second Fit Test tomorrow, looking forward to it. I'm recovering rather quickly from workouts now and soreness is pretty much gone. Down 6 pounds, feeling great. Good luck and keep it up guys.
6 pounds in 2 weeks is solid. what was your starting point? are you following the nutrition plan?
Thanks. Starting point as far as what? Weight? Calorie intake? My weight was 242 when I started, down to 236. My daily calorie goal is around 2300. I've been following the nutrition plan pretty religiously, dividing my total calorie allowance across 5 meals. Pretty much have all my meals planned out for the week. Hunger hasn't been an issue. I did miss my Fit Test on Saturday (yard work all day and date night with the Mrs. no kids all day either!). Yesterday I got back on track with my next scheduled workout. Good to go, keeping focused.

Fit Test #2 today, no idea how the #'s compare to my first one, as I didn't write them down, but I am sure I improved across the board.

Switch Kicks: 133

Power Jack:58

High knee: 110

Power Jump: 44

Globe Jump: 11

Suicide Jump: 16

Pushup Jack: 22

Obliques: 60

My weak point is definitely the push up jacks. I am all legs from all the running I do and my arms are twigs. No stamina there!

I need to get started up again. Struggling to get the motivation. Miffed that I had to break my streak...

Fitness test #1 commencing later this evening....

I'm probably going to have to run to the store quick to pick up a new pair of cross trainers. Haven't had any training shoes in my wardrobe in years. I doubt an old pair of lugs are going to cut it.

I need to get started up again. Struggling to get the motivation. Miffed that I had to break my streak...
Oats, start 'er up with day 10 today and join in with myself, Giant Wooden Badger and tribecalledjeff. We'll get some motivation going for the remaining 52 days.Plyometric Cardio Circuit for me in 30mins.

Fitness test #1 commencing later this evening....I'm probably going to have to run to the store quick to pick up a new pair of cross trainers. Haven't had any training shoes in my wardrobe in years. I doubt an old pair of lugs are going to cut it.
gonna give this a shot tonight also. I plan on going barefoot; barefoot exercise strengthens the muscles of the feet and ankles. at least until I stub my toe.

After an epic all-day bender on Friday I was nursing a 2-day hangover and didn't lift a finger all weekend. I'm basically starting over today.

Day 10 in the books. The stuff at the end in the pike position always kills me...my core definitely needs some more work. But overall feeling good.

1/6 of the way down!

Fitness test #1 commencing later this evening....I'm probably going to have to run to the store quick to pick up a new pair of cross trainers. Haven't had any training shoes in my wardrobe in years. I doubt an old pair of lugs are going to cut it.
I'm struggling with this as well. My feet start to hurt pretty quick in either my running shoes (expensive) or my basketball shoes (cheap).

gonna give this a shot tonight also. I plan on going barefoot; barefoot exercise strengthens the muscles of the feet and ankles. at least until I stub my toe.
Plan on sore feet. Did that the first two days and switched to shoes. Though I need to get some trainers as well. Running shoes still hurt a bit at times.

Day 1 of week 2 done, I skipped today's rest day since I was to hung over on Saturday to work out. I completed at least 85% of the work out, those tricep dips are not getting any easier :kicksrock:

Week 3 begins on Wednesday for me. Still feeling good even though I've had to start the last couple of workouts a few minutes before midnight (due to a slight case of OCD I would consider it breaking the regiment if I didn't actually start it on the actual date that I was supposed to).

I feel good. Not brass balls good but take my shirt off before I open the pool gates good.

Just started. 2 day after fit test, and I can no longer walk. I can only shuffle like a 90 year old man. The pain is intense. I hope that means it's working....

I'm probably going to have to run to the store quick to pick up a new pair of cross trainers. Haven't had any training shoes in my wardrobe in years. I doubt an old pair of lugs are going to cut it.
I've considered this as well, but am afraid to try it. I know GWB didn't like it. Your thoughts after doing it?

Week 3 begins on Wednesday for me. Still feeling good even though I've had to start the last couple of workouts a few minutes before midnight (due to a slight case of OCD I would consider it breaking the regiment if I didn't actually start it on the actual date that I was supposed to).

I feel good. Not brass balls good but take my shirt off before I open the pool gates good.
:goodposting: Only a little over a week in, and I can already see a difference. Haven't lost any weight, but I'd certainly feel better about taking my shirt off than I would have a week ago.

I've considered this as well, but am afraid to try it. I know GWB didn't like it. Your thoughts after doing it?
I think it's just something that your body/feet need to adjust to. After a week or so I'm sure the pain would likely go away but I didn't want to give myself a reason to quit so I switched to shoes.

I may try to go barefoot after I complete it the first time. :eek:

My ankles are still hurting. It's been two weeks since I've done any of these. I was looking to hop back on board yesterday but I'm starting to wonder if maybe I can't do it.

I miss you Shaun T

My ankles are still hurting. It's been two weeks since I've done any of these. I was looking to hop back on board yesterday but I'm starting to wonder if maybe I can't do it.I miss you Shaun T
Your ankles still hurt from a few weeks ago?Didn't you used to run relatively frequently? Same type of thing then?

My ankles are still hurting. It's been two weeks since I've done any of these. I was looking to hop back on board yesterday but I'm starting to wonder if maybe I can't do it.I miss you Shaun T
Your ankles still hurt from a few weeks ago?Didn't you used to run relatively frequently? Same type of thing then?
Used to run short-ish distances, maybe 1-2 miles on a treadmill before my workout. Even then my ankles weren't always great (lots of bad ankle sprains during basketball in high school). I'm wondering if it's all the lateral movement in this that has made it a bunch harder on my ankles than the running.

Switch Kick: 58 -> 100 Power Jack: 45 -> 47High knee: 65 -> 86Power Jump: 32 -> 37Globe Jump: 6 -> 10Suicide Jump: 14 -> 17Pushup Jack: 20 -> 27Obliques: 26 ->37
I've missed a few days doing yardwork and such. Just did the 2nd fit test yesterday.Switch Kick: 108 -> 127 Power Jack: 43 -> 58High knee: 60 -> 80Power Jump: 20 -> 32Globe Jump: 6 -> 11Suicide Jump: 10-> 20Pushup Jack: 12 -> 22Obliques: 20 ->32Still haven't lost any weight though; actually gained about 2lbs.

Wish I was there. I'm not there yet, and unfortunately we're spending the weekend at a waterpark, so even hitting it hard this week won't get me there. I still have the eye on the prize of being able to actually remove my shirt once in a while this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread