What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (3 Viewers)

So I backtracked on what I said earlier and did decide to weigh myself weekly even though it'll drive me nuts.I dropped 10 pounds in week 1. A lot was water weight, I'm sure but I did not cheat on my diet other than the booze Friday night. I'm definitely done with XXL shirts though, and my 38 waist jeans are starting to need a tighter belt.I love Cardio Power and Resistance, my favorite workout by far...love the pushups and the resistance stuff.Thanks to madshot and Manback (my old COD paying buddies) for the constant encouragement and feedback. I guess maybe we all played too much COD last year, and now we're all trying to lose all that weight? lol
Lol ill be following along with your progress to give you encouragement, it's really awesome you're doing this, and get ready for black ops, I expect to see your skinny ### online. :confused:

Did my first fit test last night, but left my test log at home so I'll have to post the results later (generally speaking, I was doing 30-50% of the reps that the people on the video were, although my form was not what it should have been in many reps).

After the first 15 minutes I was gassed and had to pause it for a minute or two; likely due to not working out for the last 6 weeks more than the stress of the routine.

I enjoyed the routine though, I think I will like the series if I can keep up my consistency. It's a nice change, and it seems very tough; my whole life I've been more of a weightlifter type than an aerobics/cardio type (although I was focusing on running all past summer).

Weighed in at 223.

I previewed the first video, plyometric cardio circuit; it looks like a doozy.

So I backtracked on what I said earlier and did decide to weigh myself weekly even though it'll drive me nuts.I dropped 10 pounds in week 1. A lot was water weight, I'm sure but I did not cheat on my diet other than the booze Friday night. I'm definitely done with XXL shirts though, and my 38 waist jeans are starting to need a tighter belt.I love Cardio Power and Resistance, my favorite workout by far...love the pushups and the resistance stuff.Thanks to madshot and Manback (my old COD paying buddies) for the constant encouragement and feedback. I guess maybe we all played too much COD last year, and now we're all trying to lose all that weight? lol
I have no idea who's alias this is...Spanky? About the time MW2 came out last year was when I started getting seriously on going skinny. Now my grandma doesn't think I eat enough(full blood Italian). But then she sees me shovel down food and eat every few hours and is so confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I backtracked on what I said earlier and did decide to weigh myself weekly even though it'll drive me nuts.

I dropped 10 pounds in week 1. A lot was water weight, I'm sure but I did not cheat on my diet other than the booze Friday night. I'm definitely done with XXL shirts though, and my 38 waist jeans are starting to need a tighter belt.

I love Cardio Power and Resistance, my favorite workout by far...love the pushups and the resistance stuff.

Thanks to madshot and Manback (my old COD paying buddies) for the constant encouragement and feedback. I guess maybe we all played too much COD last year, and now we're all trying to lose all that weight? lol
Lol ill be following along with your progress to give you encouragement, it's really awesome you're doing this, and get ready for black ops, I expect to see your skinny ### online. :)
:confused: Thought someone wasn't getting Black Ops....

Reading about the changes they've made, ie: no more commando/knife monkeys, kill streak kills don't count towards more kill streaks, no more nukes, zombies, kickass single player, co-op single player. It seems to be better than MW2 in every way.

Just did plyometric cardio circuit for the first time in 2 months. I completed more than I ever did in the past but totally forgot about ski abs and in and outs. With 10 seconds left of the in and outs I basically face planted onto the floor all three times. :goodposting:

Another one of my snack/meals I like to do that is quick and easy John Bender. Is one of the yoplait light 100 calorie yogurts. I usually go with strawberry, peach, or blackberry and stay away from the non fruit versions. I eat a bite or two and then stick about 12 toasted non salted almonds and 8 walnut pieces into it. Ends up being a good amount of protein about 300 calories overall.

Week 3, Day 2 in the books.

Week 1: Lost 10 lbs.

Week 2: Lost 4 lbs.

Still my favorite is Cardio power and resistance. I love the v pushups and the tricep dips a lot. Love the pushups too.

Feeling good, had an off day with food yesterday though, broke the diet for pretty much the first time and had seared scallops with some risotto at a high end restaurant with my date. also drank loads of vodka and red wine. Worked off a lot of it with 3 straight intense sex sessions though. :slapithigh:

Looking to go hard this week.

Plyometric Cardio circuits are still my kryptonite. Absolutely can get get through this program. I make it through round 2 of the basketball drills and Level 1 floor stuff, but the pressure on my shoulders through the in and out abs and the side to side abs, compound with pushups is just impossible for me.

also really starting to pick up a few injuries. My right clavicle area hurts really bad. The inside of my left angle kills, and the arch of my left foot is so sore that sometimes it's hard just to do the stretches. Right now, they aren't injuries, they are just pain, I'm trying to be careful but this program is beating the #### out of me.

Sticking with it though as tomorrow is just cardio recovery day and then 2 more days and I'm home for a rest day. Looking forward to week 4.

My wife just bought this and I told her I had never heard of it. I should've known the ffa knew about it, but a 26 page thread? I would let her get on here and read about it, but I don't allow my significant other to hang out in the ffa like some other ##### whips do. tia

How long are the workouts?

J
35-45 minutes mostly. But they bust your butt harder than the 1hr+ P90x ones.
Thanks.I've been wondering about this calorie burning stuff. For a 200 pound guy, running an easy 10 minute mile pace, about 20 minutes of jogging burns around 300 calories according to http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just go out and run 40 minutes or so?

J
Guys who are 200pds with 5% body fat need not apply, J. Whenever you break the 8% barrier, you might could benefit from this. :goodposting:

John Bender said:
Plyometric Cardio circuits are still my kryptonite. Absolutely can get get through this program. I make it through round 2 of the basketball drills and Level 1 floor stuff, but the pressure on my shoulders through the in and out abs and the side to side abs, compound with pushups is just impossible for me.also really starting to pick up a few injuries. My right clavicle area hurts really bad. The inside of my left angle kills, and the arch of my left foot is so sore that sometimes it's hard just to do the stretches. Right now, they aren't injuries, they are just pain, I'm trying to be careful but this program is beating the #### out of me.Sticking with it though as tomorrow is just cardio recovery day and then 2 more days and I'm home for a rest day. Looking forward to week 4.
Im with you. Tomorrow is my last day of week 2, and the shoulder pain in Plyo Cardio gets unbearable. I feel worthless as Im just laying there and they keep going. The only thing that lets my ego get through it though is that all the people on the video are professionals in dancing, fitness, whatever and they still need to take breaks (especially the dudes).Ive come to the conclusion that this whole program is way easier for women than men. All the in and out jumping, touch the floor to touch the sky is way harder for guys who tend to be taller (im 6'3).

John Bender said:
PAO said:
What's a good torrent site to pick this up?
Demonoid - I have a 4 to 1 upload ratio and i'm chock full of invites if registration is closed.If it is closed, shoot me a PM
:goodposting: I'll give it a try tonight when I get home for work.

If you're not already in pretty decent shape, don't even attempt this program. It's fairly difficult and I considered myself fit before starting.

If you're not already in pretty decent shape, don't even attempt this program. It's fairly difficult and I considered myself fit before starting.
Didn't you have a post in here asking if P90X was any harder since Insanity wasn't all that bad?

flapgreen said:
I don't imagine this thread will get the play the P90x thread does
So, uh, you also realize that the P90X thread has been around for two more years than this one and is only five pages longer, right?

flapgreen said:
I don't imagine this thread will get the play the P90x thread does
So, uh, you also realize that the P90X thread has been around for two more years than this one and is only five pages longer, right?
Yeah. I've heard a lot more about P90x, though. I had never heard of Insanity until my wife ordered it

flapgreen said:
Alright, this crap is freaking hard. :confused:
Im halfway through my recovery week. Scared as whats to come.I havent seen much in the weight loss category. Weight and fat % are pretty much inline with when i started. I may notice a little bit of body shape difference but not a ton --- note that ive done P90X probably 2.5 times in total over the past 2 years and I wouldnt call myself fat, just have a bit of extra weight on the gut (may be the beer huh?). Im hoping that month 2 will create some additional gains with the added workout time.

Well this max stuff is no fun at all.

Way to up the shoulder workout 10,000% with really working up to it. Good Lord.

Round 2.

I haven't exercised much in the past a month due to having the flu for a week and then a toe injury for the following two weeks. I gave it a extra week of rest and thought it would be great to get back into this program. :unsure:

Ok, been doing P90X for almost a year and P90X Plyo is finally getting easy. Well, not really easy but I just feel like I'm not pushing myself anymore while doing it. So i'm replacing Plyo with Insanitys Plyo Cardio and Pure Cardio. After both sessions my lower back is killing me. What gives? Is it just that I'm using muscles never used before? It really doesn't feel like a disc is out, I dont think. Anyone else experience this?

Ok, been doing P90X for almost a year and P90X Plyo is finally getting easy. Well, not really easy but I just feel like I'm not pushing myself anymore while doing it. So i'm replacing Plyo with Insanitys Plyo Cardio and Pure Cardio. After both sessions my lower back is killing me. What gives? Is it just that I'm using muscles never used before? It really doesn't feel like a disc is out, I dont think. Anyone else experience this?
Insnaity's plyo uses more lower back muscles for me at least. When I switched from P90X plyo back to Insanity's a few months back, I was sore to the point it felt like I had never done plyo before. Many of the Insanity plyo moves really take it to the next level if you try and keep good form.

Week 1 done. Soreness on day two, three, and four were big time but it feels much better now and my endurance has increased a good deal from day one. This program is love/hate relationship at its finest. As always, the eye candy is great.

Week 1 done. Soreness on day two, three, and four were big time but it feels much better now and my endurance has increased a good deal from day one. This program is love/hate relationship at its finest. As always, the eye candy is great.
:shrug: Me too. Today is my first rest day after week 1. I knew the workouts would be tough, but I didn't expect to be so sore. I was hurting on days 2 thru 5. On Day 6 I woke up feeling less sore and did much better on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Today, I have no soreness at all.

OK, did fit test yesterday, and did day 1 today (Cardio). It was tough...I did two 1-2 minute pauses somewhere in there. I think I f'd myself... On the pushups I thought you did 5 pushups at normal pace, than 8 really quick pushups...wasn't till later that I saw you were supposed to be running. That killed me.

I am in Saudi Arabia in a hotel for the next 2-3 months, figure this is worth a shot. The hotel room sucks for ventilation, but the floors seem thick and there is enough space once I moved furniture around.

Starting this. Cleared out a spot in the basement (just hope the ceiling is high enough.) I've had trouble sticking with any of this stuff in the past, but I am the heaviest I've ever weighed (270 @ 6'1") and absolutely need to do something about it. So questions:

I haven't worked out (officially) in a few years, how bad am I going to hurt myself? (Btw, I did see the doctor for a physical about a month ago, nothing physically preventing me from doing this, in fact, working out and dropping weight was encouraged as my main goal.)

Better to do this in the morning or evening? I tend to be a night person, so I could see trying to do it in the evenings, but I get home just in time for dinner, so it would be late evenings. Mornings leave more of a chance I miss them but that probably just falls to self-discipline to get up in time to do it.

How critical is the diet portion? Obviously I'm going to be trying to eat better while I do this, but is it imperative to stick to the diet they proscribe, or is just eating better foods enough? (Along with staying away from fast foods, obviously.)

Anything I forgot to ask? Help me out.

Starting this. Cleared out a spot in the basement (just hope the ceiling is high enough.) I've had trouble sticking with any of this stuff in the past, but I am the heaviest I've ever weighed (270 @ 6'1") and absolutely need to do something about it. So questions:I haven't worked out (officially) in a few years, how bad am I going to hurt myself? (Btw, I did see the doctor for a physical about a month ago, nothing physically preventing me from doing this, in fact, working out and dropping weight was encouraged as my main goal.)Better to do this in the morning or evening? I tend to be a night person, so I could see trying to do it in the evenings, but I get home just in time for dinner, so it would be late evenings. Mornings leave more of a chance I miss them but that probably just falls to self-discipline to get up in time to do it.How critical is the diet portion? Obviously I'm going to be trying to eat better while I do this, but is it imperative to stick to the diet they proscribe, or is just eating better foods enough? (Along with staying away from fast foods, obviously.) Anything I forgot to ask? Help me out.
I did it in the basement and I had to alter some of the jumping jacks and my head would come really really close to hitting the ceiling on some of the jumps. watch that.I always did it right after work or I would eat something light and then do it, not a morning guy for working out myself. very important with any workout you find a time and get in a routine if you want to stick with it. I didnt do the diet portion really at all, lost abut 8 pounds and made it through day 40 something. I was lifting at lunch and eating a bunch of protein on top of it so 8 pounds was probably pretty good. Got burnt out when the second month workouts came on, they suck...Get through the first week and you'll want to keep doing it because you'll be so sore you want want to go through it again. 6 days a week is a bit consuming, I had to shut down the drinks after work and alot of other crap in order to do it.Like someone else said this thing is a love hate deal after you get going. Do it though, its actually fun seeing how the workouts slowly get easier (or less painful).Good luck!

Biggest thing I read about the diet is it tries and supply you with a lot of protein because you'll need it. My ex did this for 60 days drinking almond milk and eating protein bars for the majority of meals and fruit/water, etc. and went from 138 to 115 in 60 days. I'm just starting this myself yesterday and am doing it in the mornings. My thinking is that the high energy in the morning kick starts your metabolism for the entire day. Don't know if that's right or wrong but sounded logical to me.

Starting this. Cleared out a spot in the basement (just hope the ceiling is high enough.) I've had trouble sticking with any of this stuff in the past, but I am the heaviest I've ever weighed (270 @ 6'1") and absolutely need to do something about it. So questions:I haven't worked out (officially) in a few years, how bad am I going to hurt myself? (Btw, I did see the doctor for a physical about a month ago, nothing physically preventing me from doing this, in fact, working out and dropping weight was encouraged as my main goal.)Better to do this in the morning or evening? I tend to be a night person, so I could see trying to do it in the evenings, but I get home just in time for dinner, so it would be late evenings. Mornings leave more of a chance I miss them but that probably just falls to self-discipline to get up in time to do it.How critical is the diet portion? Obviously I'm going to be trying to eat better while I do this, but is it imperative to stick to the diet they proscribe, or is just eating better foods enough? (Along with staying away from fast foods, obviously.) Anything I forgot to ask? Help me out.
Try it and see what you think. It's incredibly hard even for someone who has worked out consistently for years, such as myself. Be ready to work out as hard as you've ever worked out in your life, excluded 2 a days or the like. It's as close to football practice as any regular routine I've ever done. If you like pushing it to the limit and getting sick at your stomach at sometimes, this is the workout for you. I love it, just not while I'm doing it. :thumbup:

I did start this again after stopping after month 1.

I have a terrible reocurring case of plantar facitis in my foot and it just got unbearable in the longer workouts. Hoping now that I know what to expect I can be more careful not to aggravate it this time.

I lost about 22 pounds in a month the first time around. Currently halfway through week 1. GL to all - you'll need it.

Plyometric Circuit is still the toughest for me. Way too much torque on my shoulders in some of those later exercises.

I still find Cardio Power and Resistance the easiest to get through

Insnaity's plyo uses more lower back muscles for me at least. When I switched from P90X plyo back to Insanity's a few months back, I was sore to the point it felt like I had never done plyo before. Many of the Insanity plyo moves really take it to the next level if you try and keep good form.
The p90x cardio programs aren't really doing it for me. I prefer the Insanity Cardio for a real cardio workout. I think a hybrid p90x/Insanity would be a kick ### workout. After I complete p90x, I'm gonna do a hybrid with the first month Insanity workouts in place of Plyo/Yoga/Kenpo.

cbatm32 said:
Anyone still burning DVDs?Feel free to PM if you don't want to post.TIA!
Sent
Thanks!So, now that these are en route, a question to those who have done this: I will be heading out on vacation around the middle of the process, so what's the recommended approach if you are off the program for a week or so? Re-do the last week, pick up where you left off, start over, don't start 'til after vacation, or other?Not sure if they address it in the workouts, but guessing their approach is do the full 60 days without a break.

The p90x cardio programs aren't really doing it for me. I prefer the Insanity Cardio for a real cardio workout. I think a hybrid p90x/Insanity would be a kick ### workout. After I complete p90x, I'm gonna do a hybrid with the first month Insanity workouts in place of Plyo/Yoga/Kenpo.
I've been doing P90x for about a month. I'm not sure Kenpo is a super good use of time so I decided to swap that out for Insanity Cardio Circuit. First time doing an Insanity workout in about 2 months. Amazing how the brain can forget just how difficult something can be given enough time. Looked like I jumped in a pool when I was done.

Big Blue> Don't delay the program no matter what...

Just take a week off, it's not a big deal. However, don't take it off fully, ie be mindful of what you eat, try to get exercise for a few of those days

2nd Fit Test today. Here are my two test results:

SwitchKicks: 86/121

PowerJacks: 51/52 (I could have done a lot more, was too slow initially)

KneeUps: 101/105

Squat Jumps: 41/41

Round the World: 8/7

Hit the Floor: 13/15

Pushup Jacks: 20/35

KneeIns: 50/70

I didn't have to pause the 2nd time around which was nice. Looking at other people's numbers looks like I struggle with Squat Jumps / Round the Worlds... Not quite sure how to interpret that. I have torn both ACLs, each at a different point, if that matters

Getting started on Insanity again tomorrow. I had trouble maintaining a decent schedule the last time I tried. This time I have a friend who will be doing it along with me. Hopefully we keep each other going. Getting a little more serius this time as I will be doing before & after photos and keeping a log.

I have a question for those possibly more versed in the way of eating and food.

I am not following the nutritional plan but doing more of a hybrid Southbeach/Slow Carb thing. The only time I will have to do this and stick with it without constantly changing my workout schedule is early in the morning. I have to be at work at 6am which means I can wake up at 4, start working out by 4:15 and done by 5. Shower and whatnot and out the door at 5:30. Problem is that I'm a little nervous waking up and going straight to a workout without eating. Going by this schedule, the best chance for food is something when I get to work.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread