Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Eat a banana as soon as you wake up? Maybe some instant oatmeal?

Was thinking that, but I've always been one of those "don't eat 30 minutes before a workout" type. Not really sure where I picked that habit up.My experience the last time was that it takes so much energy to do the workouts that I was just wondering if not having a "meal" for the prior 8 hrs would be a detriment.

Was thinking that, but I've always been one of those "don't eat 30 minutes before a workout" type. Not really sure where I picked that habit up.My experience the last time was that it takes so much energy to do the workouts that I was just wondering if not having a "meal" for the prior 8 hrs would be a detriment.
It can be - I tend to get light headed very quickly when I workout in the morning as opposed to the afternoon so I certainly know where you're coming from.

:banned: you'll be fine. not sure if it's typical or not but once I start working out, (after my girlfrliend gives me a boVVjob, but before my wife layes me), I'll grab a little fruit and be fine for a couple hours.

I am so not a morning person. Did the fit test at 4:15 this am and hated every minute.

Ate a banana and felt ok. Just really felt like I didn't have enough energy. Let's see if I can make it all the way to 5pm at work without falling asleep.

What is everyone doing for the recovery drink? I'm not really a big supplement guy but if it really helps I could change my ways for this. I'm committed this time to see this through.

I am so not a morning person. Did the fit test at 4:15 this am and hated every minute.Ate a banana and felt ok. Just really felt like I didn't have enough energy. Let's see if I can make it all the way to 5pm at work without falling asleep.What is everyone doing for the recovery drink? I'm not really a big supplement guy but if it really helps I could change my ways for this. I'm committed this time to see this through.

Right there with ya. I started this morning with the Fit Test at 6am. It's gonna be a long day.I've heard chocolate milk is a good recovery drink after these. Good luck!

Anyone else having the ankle issues I had? I was keeping up woththis alright last year but after about two weeks my ankles were too sore and I needed to stop for a bit. Never picked it back up. I was wearing Nike free running shoes. Maybe I needed a cross trainer or something? All that lateral movement and I have some crappy ankles.

Gluck to everyone in it now.

I had a light ankle sprain week 2, but was fine two days later.

My knees bother me some times (ACL surgeries don't help I am sure)

I gotta know, can anyone get through that Recovery DVD without resting? I am speaking specifically about some of those extended lunges... Sean T says hold, it takes everything I got to hold...then he wants pulses? Forget it. I have to bounce out of them, take 30 secs, then jump into the pulses

I had a light ankle sprain week 2, but was fine two days later.My knees bother me some times (ACL surgeries don't help I am sure)I gotta know, can anyone get through that Recovery DVD without resting? I am speaking specifically about some of those extended lunges... Sean T says hold, it takes everything I got to hold...then he wants pulses? Forget it. I have to bounce out of them, take 30 secs, then jump into the pulses

I've never made it through holding the lunges/pulses the whole time.

Day 3 complete. Feel less winded after, but we'll see how the burn comes later. Hoping those at the outset of thread are right in saying complete soreness ends after 4-5 days...:lmao:

Think the workouts will be better as I familiarize myself with each exercise.

Where are all the others taking this up this week? Strength in numbers!

Edited by Big Blue Wrecking Crew

Finished my workout an hour ago or so. End of Week 3. One more week of the normal routine, then a week of recovery (which I hear is not at all a recovery)

I had a light ankle sprain week 2, but was fine two days later.My knees bother me some times (ACL surgeries don't help I am sure)I gotta know, can anyone get through that Recovery DVD without resting? I am speaking specifically about some of those extended lunges... Sean T says hold, it takes everything I got to hold...then he wants pulses? Forget it. I have to bounce out of them, take 30 secs, then jump into the pulses

Hell no. Those holds are brutal. The hardest part for me is the Level 1 drills/ski abs/in n out abs guantlet on cardio recovery. My abs and stamina are fine but my shoulders completely give out. I end up not being able to do much on the ski abs and in n out abs. I've had shoulder problems in the past. Not sure what I can do to ease the pressure on my shoulders...

The hardest part for me is the Level 1 drills/ski abs/in n out abs guantlet on cardio recovery. My abs and stamina are fine but my shoulders completely give out. I end up not being able to do much on the ski abs and in n out abs.

Yep. Those level 1 drills are impossible.

Did Day 3 this morning. Still trying to adjust my eating habits to have enough energy at 4am.

Still haven't made it completely thru the warmups without stopping to catch my breath and you can forget about the 3rd go around on either of the 2 real seassions. I at least try to make a half hearted attempt to do something on those 3rd rounds.

Already noticing a few things:

Although sore, it's not unbearable. It's almost like a "good" pain.

Jeans are already a little less tight (I was pushing it in a 38 and refuse to go to 40).

Feels like I am pulling in air better throughout the day. May sound weird, but at rest, I feel like I am breathing better (more efficiently may be a better term)

Back does not hurt when I wak up in the a.m. Sure it's "tight" from the workouts, but no kind of ache like I used to wake up with if 4 days ago.

I am constantly hungry.

Down 2.5 pounds already and look forward to dropping more. The friend I have doing it along with me is a good motivator. We are both so competitive, neither wants to be the first to give up.

Edited by SpurrierisisGod

Interesting...I have noticed that my hunger level has subsided rather than increased. Not necessarily following the diet, but it seemed this was pretty consistent across the board.

Thighs don't feel as bad post Day 3, but calves are still barking. Also not very good at the stretches and may have tweaked my back, as I am trying to see what exactly they are doing while doing them. May have to watch while not stretching to get them down.

Hopefully, we can help to keep each other motivated like the earlier groups did. :lmao:

Getting back at it after a few days off. I know this isn't true "Insanity" style, but given my current shape and how long it's been since I've exercised regularly, my goal is 3 days a week, then work up to 6. I work 7 days a week, so finding the time has been a challenge, but I'm committed to continually starting over every time I slip, until it is just a habit I do.

BTW - wanted to post my first fit test -

Switchkicks: 69

Power Jacks: 27

Power Knees: 50 (are you supposed to alternate knees? Seemed like they just did the one, but I was doing the exercise and may have missed the switch)

Power Jumps: 13

Globe Jumps: 7

Suicide Jumps: 6 (about this time I was about ready to puke or pass out)

Pushup Jacks: 10

Low Plank Obliques: 20

My heart rate during exercise (after warm-up) runs a consistent 170, which is about right where it should be based on the max heart rate calculators I looked up.

Day 4...LOVE Cardio Recovery. Outside of not being able to hold the squats/lunges quite as long as Sean T. requested, it was a welcome break. Thighs feel normal and calves are only twinging slightly today, so hopeful I pushed through the soreness wall.

Pure Cardio...here I come... :shrug:

Big Blue - Thanks for your posts. You are 1 day ahead of me so I always check what you posted so I know what is coming up.

I too am less sore and starting to look forward to the workout instead of the dread the first couple days. Good luck!

My experience at this point goes like this:

Week 1 - Excited to start the program, learning the moves, interested in the DVD content (chicks, instructions, etc)

Week 2 - Learned the moves, still watching the chicks, settling in, one injury (slight roll of the ankle)

Week 3 - Really tough week, no longer 'watching' the DVD, injured knee (overextension), felt like I was taking a step backward...

Week 4 - Couple days in and I feel really good, little to no pausing of the DVDs, felt like I am taking it to the next level

So, finish this week, and then see what the recovery week has in store...

I've got to get started on this again, but early morning is the only time I can consistently get workouts in. I just can't drag myself out of bed that early to do this. Anyone else working out in the AM and have tricks for looking forward to this? I am not a morning person.

My experience at this point goes like this:Week 1 - Excited to start the program, learning the moves, interested in the DVD content (chicks, instructions, etc)Week 2 - Learned the moves, still watching the chicks, settling in, one injury (slight roll of the ankle)Week 3 - Really tough week, no longer 'watching' the DVD, injured knee (overextension), felt like I was taking a step backward...Week 4 - Couple days in and I feel really good, little to no pausing of the DVDs, felt like I am taking it to the next levelSo, finish this week, and then see what the recovery week has in store...

month 2 really sucks imo, the recovery week is fine though....

Pure Cardio... :goodposting:

Felt spent by the end of warmup, so it was a real struggle to keep up. Just did my best and took my rests, but really only felt like I did the workout half of the time. Chalking it up to first week build up instead of focusing on what I did not do.

Looking forward to finishing tomorrow...so I have a DAY OFF!:)

Week 1 is in the books! Felt I did slightly better the second time through Plyometric Cardio. At this point, don't notice any major physical change, but it is only one week. Sure I will set my self back diet-wise tomorrow, so guessing Monday may not be pretty!

GL to all those pushing through!

I've got to get started on this again, but early morning is the only time I can consistently get workouts in. I just can't drag myself out of bed that early to do this. Anyone else working out in the AM and have tricks for looking forward to this? I am not a morning person.

I'm doing it at 4am. Have an alarm clock on the bedside table set at 3:55 and my phone set to 4am on the other side of the room so I have to get up before the wife kills me. Get up, eat a banana drink some water and go. I have to be out the door by 5:30 to get to work.I have found after a few days I actually have more energy at work throughout the day. You can do it.

Forgot to post my stats on monday when I started:

Would like to get down to 185 before the summer.

Fit Test 1:

Switch Kicks - 77

Power Jacks - 41

Power Knees - 64

Power Jumps - 21 (really started to die out here)

Globe Jumps - 7

Suicide Jumps - 11

Push up Jacks - 20

Low Plank Oblique - 51

Week 1 done. Felt really good today. No soreness and actually made it through Plyo Cardio Circuit without quiting. Sure I was a little slow on round 2, but I did all the exercises.

Pure Cardio... :lmao: Felt spent by the end of warmup, so it was a real struggle to keep up. Just did my best and took my rests, but really only felt like I did the workout half of the time. Chalking it up to first week build up instead of focusing on what I did not do. Looking forward to finishing tomorrow...so I have a DAY OFF!:)

I hate Pure Cardio! At one point in push up position I couldn't go anymore or catch my breath and just sat there and drooled on the carpet.

Forgot to post my stats on monday when I started:

Would like to get down to 185 before the summer.

Fit Test 1:

Switch Kicks - 77

Power Jacks - 41

Power Knees - 64

Power Jumps - 21 (really started to die out here)

Globe Jumps - 7

Suicide Jumps - 11

Push up Jacks - 20

Low Plank Oblique - 51

Week 1 done. Felt really good today. No soreness and actually made it through Plyo Cardio Circuit without quiting. Sure I was a little slow on round 2, but I did all the exercises.

:goodposting:

Someday I hope to get there, but was still taking breaks today. Noticed I was "spitting" across the room more as I was breathing out as well.

Didn't post these before, so what the hell:

Fit Test 1:

Switch Kicks - 64

Power Jacks - 70

Power Knees - 78

Power Jumps - 36

Globe Jumps - 9

Suicide Jumps - 13

Push up Jacks - 35 (had been doing the 100 Pushups program over the last couple of years (just adding more to each rotation periodically) There's another thread on that one for those interested once Insanity is done)

Low Plank Oblique - 60

Edited by Big Blue Wrecking Crew

Started week 2.

As well as saturday went for me (Day 6), today was harder than I thought it should have been. Power knees just wipe me out. Didn't take any extended breaks but by the 2nd round of exercises I was really struggling. Soreness is completely gone and now just get tightness from the workout of the day.

Feels like I may be coming down with something, some kind of sinus/chest congestion. Hope it goes away so I don't have to take a break. I can really feel this workout working.

Finally got my hands on a measuring tape and took measurements last night (should have done it last week), but, oof. I really didn't want to know my true waist size.

My suggestion is to get a partner and have the workouts somewhere where you have to meet (not at your house). I tried waking up for about 2 weeks and I'd never do it. But then I talked a buddy into doing this with me and we're on week 3 of getting up early. The accountability of knowing someone is getting up and going to be waiting for you is very compelling.

My results (just did test 2 today):

Switch Kicks - 96/98

Power Jacks - 46/50

Power Knees - 89/99

Power Jumps - 30/36

Globe Jumps - 7/10

Suicide Jumps - 11/18

Push up Jacks - 20/24

Low Plank Oblique - 35/44

My suggestion is to get a partner and have the workouts somewhere where you have to meet (not at your house). I tried waking up for about 2 weeks and I'd never do it. But then I talked a buddy into doing this with me and we're on week 3 of getting up early. The accountability of knowing someone is getting up and going to be waiting for you is very compelling.
That is a good idea, and that used to work for me. A few summers ago, I woke up early and ran with a friend of mine. Knowing he was waiting for me guaranteed I made it there every morning.Unfortunately, my wife now works 3 mornings a week, so I can't leave the house those days. My only option to do something every morning is working out at home. Obviously, that also means my wife can't be my partner, so I'm stuck there. :goodposting:

I am starting this today. I just finished 5 months of lifting 3 days a week and cardio 2 days a week. I felt like I was getting in a rut toward the end so I am trying this to change things up. Is there a lot of push ups? I struggle with wrist and shoulder pain and push ups really bother my wrists. I usually modify push ups by making a fist and keeping my wrist straight and locked rather than flexed.

I am starting this today. I just finished 5 months of lifting 3 days a week and cardio 2 days a week. I felt like I was getting in a rut toward the end so I am trying this to change things up. Is there a lot of push ups? I struggle with wrist and shoulder pain and push ups really bother my wrists. I usually modify push ups by making a fist and keeping my wrist straight and locked rather than flexed.

Do you have any hex dumbbells? You could use those as push up bars. That would save on the wrists.

Do you have any hex dumbbells? You could use those as push up bars. That would save on the wrists.
Yup, I do. I will give that a try. Thanks!

Bout to throw in 'recovery' disk.

It is reallly tough sometimes to stay on track. I am working 14 hrs a day, 6-7 days a week (the day off is a maybe). So far I am staying true...almost done with Week 4.

Respect to everyone sticking with this. It's an extremely tough program. :confused:

Just finished the Fit Test and watched tomorrows workout. I have to say this workout is not in my comfort zone of working out. Lots of jumping and leg work. I would also compare it to someone who has been training to do distance running having to change to sprints. It is going to take some time to get use to this.

Bout to throw in 'recovery' disk.It is reallly tough sometimes to stay on track. I am working 14 hrs a day, 6-7 days a week (the day off is a maybe). So far I am staying true...almost done with Week 4.

Great job, are you seeing any results yet? I am sure fitness wise you are but how about the mirror test?

Bout to throw in 'recovery' disk.It is reallly tough sometimes to stay on track. I am working 14 hrs a day, 6-7 days a week (the day off is a maybe). So far I am staying true...almost done with Week 4.

Great job, are you seeing any results yet? I am sure fitness wise you are but how about the mirror test?
Flatter stomach, flatter 'sides' (any hinto of love handles is now gone). Legs getting more definition. And a bit of loss of upper body (I had done half of P90X prior to this)No access to scale, so not sure there.I do pretty well with eating, don't follow the book strictly. I could cut down on total calories I bet but eat very healthy for what I do eat

First Pure Cardio of the week done. Similar to yesterday, felt I pushed a little further than the first time. Still plenty of breaks in the mix:)

Using chocolate milk as my recovery drink after a little online research. Not sure if I fully buy in, but certainly more cost effective than the other alternatives.

While only Tuesday of week 2, sort of looking forward to Fit Test #2 to see how the results compare.

IN...OUT...IN...OUT...Sean T loves you, man!

Cheesiest moment (and there are definitely a few) is the DVD (Plyo?) which opens with them all doing the 'hand in the middle, rise it up in the air' - BREAK.

So dumb

Let's see...

Scissor Runs - useless

Running in Place - I am not good at this, feels wicked awkward

The 'round the back' stretch - Don't think I get anything out of that

Butt kicks - I really can't go super fast here, no matter how hard I try

Mummy Kicks - I do my workout in the gym (there is rarely someone else there). Well, when there is someone there and they see me doing this I feel like a dillweed

------

I think that dude who does the Fit Test...I am pretty sure he is dogging it on purpose, both fit test and otherwise. I think he is there to make the average Joe feel better about himself. Thoughts?

-----

Dude with crew cut easily goofiest looking one

Scissor Runs - useless I think the worst part is that he stresses the heel has to touch while in the front, and back, yet no one on the video touches their heel in the back

Running in Place - I am not good at this, feels wicked awkward for something so basic, I'd agree. It doesn't feel natural.

The 'round the back' stretch - Don't think I get anything out of that I think its good for the spine, but not being a muscle stretch, you probably don't feel it as much.

Butt kicks - I really can't go super fast here, no matter how hard I trysame here.

Mummy Kicks - I do my workout in the gym (there is rarely someone else there). Well, when there is someone there and they see me doing this I feel like a dillweed whenever the mummy kicks come, I think "great, I get to rest."

Cheesiest moment (and there are definitely a few) is the DVD (Plyo?) which opens with them all doing the 'hand in the middle, rise it up in the air' - BREAK.So dumbLet's see...Scissor Runs - uselessRunning in Place - I am not good at this, feels wicked awkwardThe 'round the back' stretch - Don't think I get anything out of thatButt kicks - I really can't go super fast here, no matter how hard I tryMummy Kicks - I do my workout in the gym (there is rarely someone else there). Well, when there is someone there and they see me doing this I feel like a dillweed------I think that dude who does the Fit Test...I am pretty sure he is dogging it on purpose, both fit test and otherwise. I think he is there to make the average Joe feel better about himself. Thoughts?-----Dude with crew cut easily goofiest looking one

Yes. I thought that from the first day. He's wearing cheesy workout gear, compared to the others, and looks like he's about to fall over at any time, pale as hell too. Also sweating more than anyone else too. :goodposting: That part is stupid. I'm pretty sure we're not alone in thinking that. They could eliminate everyone but Sean and the oriental girl and it would be fine by me. I'm not sure the "hand in the middle, rise it up" thing. I'll have to pay more attention. I always skip it right to the beginning.Luckily, I do my workout at home. Crank up the fan and do it in my boxers and tennis shoes. :thumbup: Currently, I'm only doing it 3 days a week. I go to the gym and do weights the other 3 days and take off 1 day. Edited by flapgreen

Man do I hate Pure Cardio. Hung with it pretty well until the last 2 minutes.

At least I didn't need the bucket I keep in the corner.

Week 2, Day 3 Pylo done

Made it through warm up and first cycle relatively unscathed and felt like I completed more in cycles 2 and 3.

Keepin' the faith and ready for Recovery tomorrow. Have to admit I am a little leery of Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs in a couple of days