What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (3 Viewers)

Week 2, Day 3 Pylo doneMade it through warm up and first cycle relatively unscathed and felt like I completed more in cycles 2 and 3.Keepin' the faith and ready for Recovery tomorrow. Have to admit I am a little leery of Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs in a couple of days
We're on the same schedule. Looking forward to the ab work.Someone asked about seeing results:Although I've only lost 2 pounds, I feel much better. When I got dressed this morning and did my belt, I thought to myself "I need to go up one notch like I have bee doing." Thing is, I was already on that notch and didn't even notice. It was that easy to get to that notch. The true test for me will be when I meausre myself Sunday (chest, waist, calves, thighs, etc.). Although I didn't measure until this past Sunday, I think even one week of workouts should show some gains (or losses). My buddy measured One week after starting and lost 1/2" of his waist and neck and gained 1/2" in his thighs.I've been tracking what I eat with myfitnesspal on the Iphone and have been doing great as far as being at or just under things like fat, cholesterol (way under) and vitamins. Way over on Fiber and usually over some on protein. Can't seem to stay under my alotted sugars for the day and am convinced this is what is holding back the weight loss. I have been eating those meal replacement proteing bars and am thinking about switching to a pre-workout "shake" that is low in sugar. Any suggestions?

Started on Monday at my wife's request. Golfing will be much easier if I can lose some of this mass above my waistline.

Height 5'11.5

Weight 235

Waist 39

I did much better yesterday on day 2. I was a little worried since the Fit Test floored me but I realized I was going waaay to fast during the warm up. I have to start out very slow otherwise I die and struggle. I guess I am like one of those horses that like to come from behind on the last turn, but in my case I rarely ever make it back to the pack either. Anyway, after pacing myself better early I was able to do the workout much better. I am hella sore today in the legs especially in the calves.

Used the dumbbells for the push ups and no pain in the wrists at all.

Cheesiest moment (and there are definitely a few) is the DVD (Plyo?) which opens with them all doing the 'hand in the middle, rise it up in the air' - BREAK.

So dumb

Let's see...

Scissor Runs - useless

Running in Place - I am not good at this, feels wicked awkward

The 'round the back' stretch - Don't think I get anything out of that

Butt kicks - I really can't go super fast here, no matter how hard I try

Mummy Kicks - I do my workout in the gym (there is rarely someone else there). Well, when there is someone there and they see me doing this I feel like a dillweed

------

I think that dude who does the Fit Test...I am pretty sure he is dogging it on purpose, both fit test and otherwise. I think he is there to make the average Joe feel better about himself. Thoughts?

-----

Dude with crew cut easily goofiest looking one
Yes. I thought that from the first day. He's wearing cheesy workout gear, compared to the others, and looks like he's about to fall over at any time, pale as hell too. Also sweating more than anyone else too. :shrug: That part is stupid. I'm pretty sure we're not alone in thinking that. They could eliminate everyone but Sean and the oriental girl and it would be fine by me. I'm not sure the "hand in the middle, rise it up" thing. I'll have to pay more attention. I always skip it right to the beginning.Luckily, I do my workout at home. Crank up the fan and do it in my boxers and tennis shoes. :unsure: Currently, I'm only doing it 3 days a week. I go to the gym and do weights the other 3 days and take off 1 day.
That has to hurt with all the jumping. :goodposting:

Started on Monday at my wife's request. Golfing will be much easier if I can lose some of this mass above my waistline.Height 5'11.5Weight 235Waist 39
The last time I did Insanity (lasted about 3-4 weeks) I had a company golf outing after about the 2nd week. Even after such a short time doing insanity, I could really tell the difference in the core muscles which really helped my swing. Felt so much more in control rather than just flailing at the ball.

Thank God for Recovery today, as I had about a foot of snow to shovel before the workout. Still struggling in those squat/lunges, but figure I did plenty of squats shoveling:)

2 more days 'til the day off and then Fit Test 2 to see what progress has been made.

Wasn't paying attention last night and put in the Max Cardio Conditioning DVD. After starting it up and realizing what I did, I figured I might as well go ahead and try it out. Ugh. It's almost 50 minutes of nonstop cardio. I made it down to 10 minutes left and said forget it, figured that was sufficient. Very difficult. :goodposting:

Wk 2 Day 4 complete...tweaked my left groin (guess I didn't get low enough in the stretch). Second sets were good; third not so much.

For those who have done Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs, curious if you switched the order? Saw some folks earlier in the thread did this, so wondering if there is any benefit to it?

Didn't get up early enough to do Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs this morning, but am doing it this afternoon. Looking forward to hitting the abs.

Finally starting to drop some weight. Been really focusing on keeping the sugars down. Went and bought some Muscle Milk Powder and it seems to be helping when I drink it in the morning before I workout. Down 8lbs in less than two weeks and feeling great. Stronger all over. Can't wait to take measurements tomorrow and the Fit Test on Monday to see how everything is coming together.

Pure Cardio followed by Cardio Abs is intense! Burned 842 calories in 57 minutes. Not too sore today, more tightness, but it feels good. I can't wait to see my results on fit test 2.

Took measurements this morning:

1/23 ------------------ 1/30

Chest - 46" ---------- Chest - 44 3/4"

Waist - 44 1/2"------- Waist - 44"

Thighs - 24" --------- Thighs - 24 1/2"

Calves - 15 1/2"----- Calves - 15 1/2"

Biceps - 13" --------- Biceps - 13"

Weight - 209 -------- Weight - 203.5

Weird how much "man boob" i've lost as compared to my waist. Thighs definately stronger. No change in biceps or calves. thought for sure there would be a bump in calves. Forgot to initially measure my neck but you can definately see a change in my face/neck area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs as well. Was gassed at the end of PC, so surprised Cardio Abs went as well (although I felt stupid warming up again until he started different exercises).

Didn't take any measurements, but I "feel" tighter, even though I don't really see a visual result. Fit Test 2 tomorrow should be interesting.

Fit Test 2 in the books. Improved every category but completed wasted my energy.

Fit Test 1: --------------------- Fit Test 2

Switch Kicks - 77 -------------- 92

Power Jacks - 41 -------------- 52

Power Knees - 64 ------------- 77

Power Jumps - 21 ------------- 24

Globe Jumps - 7 --------------- 11

Suicide Jumps - 11 ------------ 14

Push up Jacks - 20 ------------ 24

Low Plank Oblique - 51 ------- 60

Overall ok, but a little disappointed I did not improve in all categories. I did try to maintain form better this time around, so that could be one rationalization...er...explanation.

Switch Kicks 64 62

Power Jacks 70 72

Power Knees 78 90

Power Jumps 36 42

Globe Jumps 9 9

Suicide Jumps 13 16

Push-Up Jacks 35 44

Low Plank Oblique 60 62

Also dropped around 3 lbs.

Think I'm going to start this up again. Been riding my bike but have not been getting the best results with weight loss. I don't have a ton of time so that doesn't help, I'll give these a whirl again.

need to find the calendar

Wow, I knew I was out of shape but I thought riding my bike daily would have at least done something.

I finished the unFit Test and my knees, back and hip hurts. Getting old sucks :rolleyes:

Wow, I knew I was out of shape but I thought riding my bike daily would have at least done something.I finished the unFit Test and my knees, back and hip hurts. Getting old sucks :)
Wait until the middle of this week...:shrug:Finished Week 3 Day 2 Plyo. Made it through the warm up and first two cycles of first series of exercises without stopping. Was I moving as fast as those on screen? HELL NO! But, it's a step in pushing myself. But, man, that second series is just brutal. Not even sure if I made it through the first cycle without breaking.

Week 3, Day 3 - Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs combo complete. Don't feel I did as well as the first time through it. Those leg exercises in Cardio Abs are just brutal...guess I'm not flexible enough yet. But, it's over and on to Recovery.

Did the fit test yesterday (Day 15)

Switch kicks 95 -> 112

Power Jacks 39 -> 45

Power Knees 65 -> 77

Power Jumps 30 -> 40

Globe Jumps 6 -> 9

Suicide Jumps 8 -> 11

Push up Jacks 10 -> 15

Low Plank Oblique 21 -> 34

Upper body strength has always been a problem for me but it good to see the numbers improve. For those of you that aren't sure, this stuff really does work.

Wow, I knew I was out of shape but I thought riding my bike daily would have at least done something.I finished the unFit Test and my knees, back and hip hurts. Getting old sucks :shrug:
Day 2 - fluDay 3 sinusitis possibly pneumonia...will be starting over hopefully next week.

Week 3, Day 5 (Power and Resistance) in the book. A little under the weather, so it was a slog to get through, but I "dug deep" :coffee:

Supposed to hit all you can eat rib joint for Super Bowl Sunday, so early next week could be interesting, as, while not following the diet too closely, I have been trying to monitor my intake.

For the regular exercisers out there, I will be on vacation during Recovery week and not likely to be able to do the program. My initial thought is, upon return, starting back up with Week 4 and continuing from there. Thoughts?

No DVD player on vacation?

I did day 1 of recovery (well, all days are the same, but did the first one). Some stuff is a little tough (think extended lunge, holding moves), but not too bad

Recovery is nice, but anyone else struggling to hold those squats? YEESH, I burn like a mofo on those suckers.
Holy diver do I struggle then he hits you with those pulses. By far the most difficult on me. Anxious about fit test 2. I am ready to see the numbers.On a side not I am a big fan of Tonya (Asian looking girl). She really helps to motivate me.

Give it time...you will come to hate Tonya. She is the chick in grade school that raises her hand anytime the teacher asks a question

wilked said:
No DVD player on vacation?

I did day 1 of recovery (well, all days are the same, but did the first one). Some stuff is a little tough (think extended lunge, holding moves), but not too bad
Heading to Disney, so barring the early morning wake up, not likely to be going Insane (at least exercise-wise;)) Not sure if the hotel guests would be to happy either. At least I will be moving around while there, but thinking setting time aside each day could be tough.

Sounds like there is about zero chance of me being able to do this. Where is my best start point with this stuff? The website doesn't make this clear. Or is some other set of dvds better to begin? I am looking for either one or 2 levels below this and/or PX90. I have a bad shoulder and not in aerobic shape at all. I should be able to come up to speed in a couple of months though.

Anyone else having the ankle issues I had? I was keeping up woththis alright last year but after about two weeks my ankles were too sore and I needed to stop for a bit. Never picked it back up. I was wearing Nike free running shoes. Maybe I needed a cross trainer or something? All that lateral movement and I have some crappy ankles. Gluck to everyone in it now.
You work your way up to 3 bills yet?

Anyone else having the ankle issues I had? I was keeping up woththis alright last year but after about two weeks my ankles were too sore and I needed to stop for a bit. Never picked it back up. I was wearing Nike free running shoes. Maybe I needed a cross trainer or something? All that lateral movement and I have some crappy ankles. Gluck to everyone in it now.
You work your way up to 3 bills yet?
6'4", 230I've been prettier.

I've actually backed off insanity a little. After reading review after review of people not getting the results they wanted I've changed my routine up.

My goal is more weight loss and it seems Insanity isn't the way to go. It just requires me to eat too much so I have the energy to complete such intense workouts.

What I did this week was I really watched my calorie intake and did Tae Bo on Tuesday and Thursday, Cardio Abs and pushups on Wednesday and Friday, and Cardio Plyometric Circuit yesterday (Saturday).

My theory is that Tae Bo is about the same calorie burn but way less intense on the muscles (burned 705 calories according to my monitor). I'm going "light" with Cardio Abs on days I have to be at work at 6am and that has been helpful. I will rotate Insanity in there 1-2 times per week (probably mondays and saturdays) either Pure Cardio or Plyo Circuit.

As I get towards my goal, I will rotate more insanity in. Once I am there, I'll do straight insanity.

So far this week, it has worked like a charm. I am not completely wasted after a workout, I'm burning close to the same calories and lost an extra 4lbs this week after losing 5 the first 2-3 doing just insanity.

Yesterdays Plyo Cardio Circuit was the best workout I've had. Entire warmup without stopping, Entire 1st round with only short breaks during Power Squats (those kill me) and in the 2nd round, I made it all the way to the second set of level one drills before really taking a rest. Kind of half-assed it for the 3rd set to catch my breath, then finished the rest, even the extras. No soreness or residual effects today at all.

Sounds like there is about zero chance of me being able to do this. Where is my best start point with this stuff? The website doesn't make this clear. Or is some other set of dvds better to begin? I am looking for either one or 2 levels below this and/or PX90. I have a bad shoulder and not in aerobic shape at all. I should be able to come up to speed in a couple of months though.
Do P90 or P90X. Personally I think you should go with P90X, but if you feel you should start below do P90.Insanity really is for a small subset of the population I think. It is really tough, and probably very discouraging to most. Binky, 75% of health is diet, no reason you can't start to eat better beginning tomorrow

Let's just say the combination of ribs/beer plus chest congestion does not make for a robust Cardio Abs/Pure Cardio workout. The heavy wheeze when gasping for air makes me think I was not getting max oxygen to the body:)

But it is done...on to Power & Resistance!

Give it time...you will come to hate Tonya. She is the chick in grade school that raises her hand anytime the teacher asks a question
It is more about her looks. I am a fan of her build but lately I notice th goofy faces she makes more and more. I guess the honeymoon is over and I am already finding flaws in her.Speaking of which does it grate on anyone's nerves when Shaun T says, "really really impor-unt?" I can take him over using the phrase but the way he says important is starting to bother me.Fit Test 2 is today. Nervous about any improvement. I have lost about .5 inch on my waist so regardless I am happy with what has happened so far.

Week 4 Day 2 - Power and Resistance complete

Think the after effects of the chest cold are still taking their toll. 3rd sets were not pretty. Also, while I did not do this expecting to look like Shaun T in a few weeks, I was hoping I would notice more change than I am physically. Maybe this comes in the Max exercises to come.

I do feel more energetic, which is a first for me from an exercise program...so I got that going for me;)

History...wife was always overweight until age 22. She's 5'6" and used to weigh 170 pounds, almost all of it in her legs and ###. Started a Jenny Craig/gym combo in 2002 and ended up going from 170 lbs to a low of 118. She eventually leveled off at 125 from 2003 until 2010. She got crazy busy with work last year and wasn't too active for awhile...and got up to I'm guessing about 140, maybe a bit more.

She began doing Insanity almost three weeks ago. She's been religious about it too. She thought she was losing weight, but when she got on the scale she had actually gained a couple of pounds. Then today she said her jeans weren't fitting any better. She's 29 so I know the metabolism slows, but I see how much she's sweating during these workouts and it seems impossible to not be losing weight.

Question is, do females start seeing results in the same time frames as guys? She is really committed to doing a workout program once she starts, but wants to make sure she's doing one that's going to actually work. Since this is so much cardio and not really muscle-building, is there a chance that this is just burning off the food she's eating or should she just give it more time?

Wiped.

Code:
Insanity Fit Test	#! 24 Jan 11	#2 8 Feb 11		Switch Kick	80	107Squat Jack	38	44High Knees	70	90Jump Knees	20	38Globe Jump	4	8Suicide Jump	10	13Push Up Jack	15	24Plank Knees	24	44

History...wife was always overweight until age 22. She's 5'6" and used to weigh 170 pounds, almost all of it in her legs and ###. Started a Jenny Craig/gym combo in 2002 and ended up going from 170 lbs to a low of 118. She eventually leveled off at 125 from 2003 until 2010. She got crazy busy with work last year and wasn't too active for awhile...and got up to I'm guessing about 140, maybe a bit more.She began doing Insanity almost three weeks ago. She's been religious about it too. She thought she was losing weight, but when she got on the scale she had actually gained a couple of pounds. Then today she said her jeans weren't fitting any better. She's 29 so I know the metabolism slows, but I see how much she's sweating during these workouts and it seems impossible to not be losing weight.Question is, do females start seeing results in the same time frames as guys? She is really committed to doing a workout program once she starts, but wants to make sure she's doing one that's going to actually work. Since this is so much cardio and not really muscle-building, is there a chance that this is just burning off the food she's eating or should she just give it more time?
It honestly doesn't matter what you do so long as this equation holds:calories burned > calories consumedI've only lost 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks since I started this, and I've cut my calories down to about 2000-2200 a day.It may seem like "just" cardio, but I assure you that all of those plyometric, plank, and sustained flexion exercises do build muscle. Not powerful muscle like lifting weights, but leaner, functional muscle. Be patient with it.

MIke, is she seeing results from the Fit Test numbers?

People get so focused on weight, but what is more important is converting fat into lean tissue (ie muscle). What do you think, is she looking better, worse, same? Have her post her diet, including all intake...

History...wife was always overweight until age 22. She's 5'6" and used to weigh 170 pounds, almost all of it in her legs and ###. Started a Jenny Craig/gym combo in 2002 and ended up going from 170 lbs to a low of 118. She eventually leveled off at 125 from 2003 until 2010. She got crazy busy with work last year and wasn't too active for awhile...and got up to I'm guessing about 140, maybe a bit more.She began doing Insanity almost three weeks ago. She's been religious about it too. She thought she was losing weight, but when she got on the scale she had actually gained a couple of pounds. Then today she said her jeans weren't fitting any better. She's 29 so I know the metabolism slows, but I see how much she's sweating during these workouts and it seems impossible to not be losing weight.Question is, do females start seeing results in the same time frames as guys? She is really committed to doing a workout program once she starts, but wants to make sure she's doing one that's going to actually work. Since this is so much cardio and not really muscle-building, is there a chance that this is just burning off the food she's eating or should she just give it more time?
I have found that the older I get the more important it is that I eat right to see results from exercise. It is a fine line because you don't want to cut your calories too much too early. At the same time if you are taking too much in, all the working out is somewhat wasted. There are several diet planning sites that are free that can help manage calories. I use fitday. After a few weeks of watching closely I usually just do a day or two here and there just to make sure I am still on track with my goal. I also usually just start by eating the same types of food I usually do, just smaller portions. After a week or 2 I will try to limit the bad carbs and fried foods I have and up my protein some.In the past I would always shrug off the advice of watching my diet, but to really maximize results it is pretty important. I also wouldn't worry a great deal about weight loss unless someone is very heavy. Use the mirror and how your clothes fit to see progress.

I'm ready to get off my fat ### and start Insanity. Without reading through 19 pages, is there a good way to download this? Is anyone selling burned copies for $25 as referenced early in the thread? If so please PM me.

I've been doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid workout, doing (a combination of) P90X Plyo, Plyo Cardio, Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs about twice a week. Feel like I'm ready to throw a new routine in the mix. What would be the next Insanity exercise to throw in? Looking a for Cardio/Core routine.

Or better yet, anyone care to list the Insanity workouts in order from easiest to hardest?

Thanks for the replies fellas. She has always eaten pretty healthfully, so that's probably not part of the equation. I definitely noticed a difference in her appearance and she improved pretty significantly in the second fit test which is what I keep telling her. But as most of you are aware, those lit up numbers on the scale are the be-all for some women. That and the fact that her pants weren't any looser I think bothered her. Just wanted some reinforcement that the program is something worth sticking with all the way through.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Week 4 Day 4 Recovery done. Besides those deep squat holds/lunges, I love this day! Almost held the initial squat to the end, and getting better on the others. A couple of days until vacation, then likely heading back to week 4, as I don't see doing the Recovery Week consistently while away. But, who knows???

Users who are viewing this thread