What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (1 Viewer)

Alright, I am jumping in with you all today along with my fiance and co-worker. We are all heading out to Vegas for work/pleasure around Memorial Day. We won't be through the full 60 days but will be close and hopefully assure me that I am not the fat slob at the Mandalay Bay Beach.Diving in 100%. Plan on following the diet and doing the workouts as instructed.Started with the meal plan today and damn if I am not constantly hungry. I am hoping that this will get easier as my body gets used to not gorging on pizzas, sandwiches, cookies, candy, etc.Got the Fit Test tonight afterwork and I am fearful of my results as I have not seen the inside of a gym in about a year and have not stuck to a workout program in about 5-6 years.Just to track my results: 33 years old / 6'1" / 220 lbs / 25% body fat (3/31/10)Wish me luck!
It usually takes a week or two for the body to adjust to a change in diet. I jumped into my diet before I started the program. Good luck.

I'm not starting this until May-how is everyone getting their DVD's? Is there a DVD sharing program we should start here?
I'd be all for this but haven't had any luck reaching out to a handful of guys through PM's. I'd be willing to throw $25 at somebody if willing to send me some burned DVDs
I may have a guy. I'll ask him tonight.
Appreciate it GB, but no worries....just received a PM from a guy kind enough to do it for me so I should be all set.
Hey guy who helped my GB offdee, can you hook me up too?

Made it through day 3. I am not taking as many breaks as I did the first two day, but my calves are really sore as are my feet.

Made it through day 3. I am not taking as many breaks as I did the first two day, but my calves are really sore as are my feet.
That's impressive. I took a ton of breaks towards the end today. My legs are also pretty sore, as is my lower back.

Otis said:
Snotbubbles said:
That's impressive. I took a ton of breaks towards the end today. My legs are also pretty sore, as is my lower back.
Glad I'm not the only one. I was worried I did something majorly wrong, but hopefully it's just a muscle soreness like the legs.Day 4 was cake. Well, with the exception of the squat and lunge pulses. My legs were a little tired to maintain those squats and lunges while he's explaining what to do next. Otherwise, I thought it was pretty easy (not complaining).

Otis said:
Snotbubbles said:
Glad I'm not the only one. I was worried I did something majorly wrong, but hopefully it's just a muscle soreness like the legs.Day 4 was cake. Well, with the exception of the squat and lunge pulses. My legs were a little tired to maintain those squats and lunges while he's explaining what to do next. Otherwise, I thought it was pretty easy (not complaining).
The next day is fun, Pure Cardio - no breaks once you get past the warmup.

Otis said:
Snotbubbles said:
:thumbdown: Day 4 was awesome. First day I could almost finish every exercise (though I had to stop a couple time with the squats and lunges). I woke up so sore, I was glad it was an easy day.

Tomorrow sounds like it will be miserable...

:lmao:

Day 4 was awesome. First day I could almost finish every exercise (though I had to stop a couple time with the squats and lunges). I woke up so sore, I was glad it was an easy day.

Tomorrow sounds like it will be miserable...

Yeah Pure Cardio is pretty rough. After the typical warmup/stretch you go 15 minutes without a break. The only good thing is you do 15 different moves each for 1 minute so atleast it keeps changing it up. Most of the moves are from the plyo dvd and/or the fit test. Shaun T helps to inspire confidence while you are stretching by telling you he is nervous for what is about to happen next.

The Dweeze said:
Alright, I am jumping in with you all today along with my fiance and co-worker. We are all heading out to Vegas for work/pleasure around Memorial Day. We won't be through the full 60 days but will be close and hopefully assure me that I am not the fat slob at the Mandalay Bay Beach.Diving in 100%. Plan on following the diet and doing the workouts as instructed.Started with the meal plan today and damn if I am not constantly hungry. I am hoping that this will get easier as my body gets used to not gorging on pizzas, sandwiches, cookies, candy, etc.Got the Fit Test tonight afterwork and I am fearful of my results as I have not seen the inside of a gym in about a year and have not stuck to a workout program in about 5-6 years.Just to track my results: 33 years old / 6'1" / 220 lbs / 25% body fat (3/31/10)Wish me luck!
Day 1 today. Similiar stats: 35 yrs old/ 6'1"/ 220 lbs/ Similiar body Fat %I also do CrossFit 2X/week, Globo Gym 1-2X/week, and basketball 1X/week. I eat like a horse, however. I should weigh 195-200 lbs.

Didn't workout this morning. I was going to the doctor for some blood tests, so I had to fast since last night. I figured that since day 5 was so intense, no food plus that workout would be a bad thing. I plan on doing it tonight. Unfortunately, by the time I got out of the doctor I was so ravinous in a moment of weakness I stopped at a fast food place for breakfast. Beating myself up over that now. :coffee:

Didn't workout this morning. I was going to the doctor for some blood tests, so I had to fast since last night. I figured that since day 5 was so intense, no food plus that workout would be a bad thing. I plan on doing it tonight. Unfortunately, by the time I got out of the doctor I was so ravinous in a moment of weakness I stopped at a fast food place for breakfast. Beating myself up over that now. :hey:
:lmao: Also had a difficult time this morning -- was hung over and then evacuated from our building for a fire in one of the apartments -- by the time we got back in, I had to ship off to work. It's beautiful here in NYC and I have a sneaking suspicion someone somewhere will be trying to drag me out for happy hour, but I'm gonna try like heck to get home and do this Day 5 tonight. Worst case scenario I will push it off to tomorrow, but I'm hoping to stay on track here.That easy day yesterday was huge, because I actually woke up today feeling not too sore for the first time (my tris are actually more sore than anything ... weird).

Didn't workout this morning. I was going to the doctor for some blood tests, so I had to fast since last night. I figured that since day 5 was so intense, no food plus that workout would be a bad thing. I plan on doing it tonight. Unfortunately, by the time I got out of the doctor I was so ravinous in a moment of weakness I stopped at a fast food place for breakfast. Beating myself up over that now. :rant:
;) Also had a difficult time this morning -- was hung over and then evacuated from our building for a fire in one of the apartments -- by the time we got back in, I had to ship off to work. It's beautiful here in NYC and I have a sneaking suspicion someone somewhere will be trying to drag me out for happy hour, but I'm gonna try like heck to get home and do this Day 5 tonight. Worst case scenario I will push it off to tomorrow, but I'm hoping to stay on track here.

That easy day yesterday was huge, because I actually woke up today feeling not too sore for the first time (my tris are actually more sore than anything ... weird).
:confused: C'mon, GB.

Didn't workout this morning. I was going to the doctor for some blood tests, so I had to fast since last night. I figured that since day 5 was so intense, no food plus that workout would be a bad thing. I plan on doing it tonight. Unfortunately, by the time I got out of the doctor I was so ravinous in a moment of weakness I stopped at a fast food place for breakfast. Beating myself up over that now. :rant:
;) Also had a difficult time this morning -- was hung over and then evacuated from our building for a fire in one of the apartments -- by the time we got back in, I had to ship off to work. It's beautiful here in NYC and I have a sneaking suspicion someone somewhere will be trying to drag me out for happy hour, but I'm gonna try like heck to get home and do this Day 5 tonight. Worst case scenario I will push it off to tomorrow, but I'm hoping to stay on track here.

That easy day yesterday was huge, because I actually woke up today feeling not too sore for the first time (my tris are actually more sore than anything ... weird).
:confused: C'mon, GB.
A little scotch and wine. I'm not chugging 12 packs of beer or anything.And anyway, I followed through and finished Day 5 (Pure cardio) tonight. It was hard, and I did have to stop at a couple times, but all in all I saw drastic improvement from the first day or two. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I did it late in the day after eating, as opposed to in the AM on an empty stomach.

In any event, I feel beat up, but I'm hanging in there...

Did day 5 tonight, pure cardio. Ugh, that was rough. It didn't help that I had eaten about an hour before I worked out. I definitely needed more time to digest. By the time the 15 minute stretch of straight cardio started, I was already wasted from the "warm up." That one is a tough one, but it felt good to have the sweat litterally dripping off again.

Did day 5 tonight, pure cardio. Ugh, that was rough. It didn't help that I had eaten about an hour before I worked out. I definitely needed more time to digest. By the time the 15 minute stretch of straight cardio started, I was already wasted from the "warm up." That one is a tough one, but it felt good to have the sweat litterally dripping off again.
I seriously have to get out the wet swiffer and mop up after these things. It's ridiculous.The part that killed me here was the squat thrust/pushup combo things. I hit that and was toast. Was doing fairly well up until that point.

Week 1 in the books. Went from 180 to 178. I'll take that on a weekly basis.

However, that was weighing in before the Easter feast. I'm sure I wiped out all those gains already.

Just finished day 3 and I am very sore. Mainly calfs, hamstrings and lower back. Hopefully that will decrease in a couple of days.

I am stationed in Iraq and am scheduled to go home for my mid tour leave in 2 months. I have already lost 20 lbs primarilly due to the absence of alcohol. I am 41, 5'9" and was 203 lbs when I arrived. I have not really changed my workout routine other than switching from running to elliptical, but have been eating better and not had a drink in 4 months. I was down to 183 when I started Insanity. I wanted to do something different than my normal program to be ready for my reunion with the wife and a trip to the beach. Hopefully this will push me over the edge to get back into the shape I was in my 20's.

The best thing about the program is that it does not require any equipment other than the DVDs, requires very little space, and takes minimal time. It is amazing how hard you work in 40 min, especialy since it includes warmup and cool down stretching. A good 40 min run does not work my body as hard and required much more time after stretching and cool down. I highly recommend this to all.

Disclaimer: After reaing the last paragraph I realized it sounded like a paid endorsement. I am have no affiliation with beachbody and my wife does not have a website...

First Ab program in the book, Pure Cardio with Abs. I suggest to everybody that you do the Abs first since it's only 15 minutes otherwise those of you that know how Pure Cardio works, you won't want to do the abs after.

Just finished day 3 and I am very sore. Mainly calfs, hamstrings and lower back. Hopefully that will decrease in a couple of days.I am stationed in Iraq and am scheduled to go home for my mid tour leave in 2 months. I have already lost 20 lbs primarilly due to the absence of alcohol. I am 41, 5'9" and was 203 lbs when I arrived. I have not really changed my workout routine other than switching from running to elliptical, but have been eating better and not had a drink in 4 months. I was down to 183 when I started Insanity. I wanted to do something different than my normal program to be ready for my reunion with the wife and a trip to the beach. Hopefully this will push me over the edge to get back into the shape I was in my 20's. The best thing about the program is that it does not require any equipment other than the DVDs, requires very little space, and takes minimal time. It is amazing how hard you work in 40 min, especialy since it includes warmup and cool down stretching. A good 40 min run does not work my body as hard and required much more time after stretching and cool down. I highly recommend this to all. Disclaimer: After reaing the last paragraph I realized it sounded like a paid endorsement. I am have no affiliation with beachbody and my wife does not have a website...
:goodposting:

week 2 power cardio and resistance made me its girl dog. It could be that i missed the Saturday workout or that i had a big easter feast, but this seems like the hardest or second hardest of the workouts to me. Lots of resting going on over here...

First Ab program in the book, Pure Cardio with Abs. I suggest to everybody that you do the Abs first since it's only 15 minutes otherwise those of you that know how Pure Cardio works, you won't want to do the abs after.
Did you do the "warmup" or just fast forward to the abs section after the Cardio workout

Did you do the "warmup" or just fast forward to the abs section after the Cardio workout
I did both entirelyDid the Abs first, went right into the Pure Cardio Warmup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did Pure Cardio then Abs on Saturday. I might have done better on the Ab side if I started out with it. Maybe I switch them up next time.

Here are the Results from my 1st and second Fit test did this morning. I took my weight 1st thing in the morning.

Fit Test

Date, 22-Mar, 5-Apr

Move, Fit Test 1, Fit Test 2

Switch Kicks, 75, 96

Power Jacks, 26, 40

Power Knees, 54, 70

Power Jumps, 10, 22

Globe Jumps, 4, 8

Suicide Jumps, 6, 10

Push-Up Jacks, 10, 15

Low Plank Oblique, 30, 44

Measurements

Weight, 212, 207

Will be starting this next week (waiting on the DVD's)

Question...I literally only have about a 6 feet x 9 feet area of open floor space to do this in my living room. Will this be sufficient?

Will be starting this next week (waiting on the DVD's)Question...I literally only have about a 6 feet x 9 feet area of open floor space to do this in my living room. Will this be sufficient?
I haven't done all the routines yet, but from what I've seen, it shouldn't be a problem.Height is the bigger issue for me. I've got 8 ft ceilings, but a ceiling fan right in the middle. I'm constantly repositioning myself so I don't bang my hands on the fan blades for many of the exercises.

Will be starting this next week (waiting on the DVD's)Question...I literally only have about a 6 feet x 9 feet area of open floor space to do this in my living room. Will this be sufficient?
I live in a shipping container (literally) and have a space about 3 ft x 6 ft with 8 ft ceiling. I am able to do most of the exercises, but it is tight. The globe jump and walking pushup are the two that I have had to modify so far. You should be fine.

I'm just waiting for the Sean T. alias to pop in and complain about the copying/redistributing of his DVD's..... :bag:

I'm pretty fit, did p90x and run regular 1/2 - full marathons ( i know, i know, typical fbg). I have done the first three days of insanity and do like the program so far. The intensity pickups are good and I enjoy upping the intensity but feel like I need a few more variations.

The plyo level 1's were brutal! I kept up pretty well but I was pretty bagged at the end of it.

Diet wise I am going to stick with what I eat but I looked through the book and it has some good stuff in it.

I have been running and doing the insanity workouts back to back for the first 3 days but I think I am going to ease up on the running for a few days, or at least spread the workouts (morning/night).

As a general guideline these workouts are slightly shorter than p90x, do you estimate that a typical person is burning the same amount of calories per workout??

Used one of piratebay too though the one I downloaded was about 13GB and had each DVD saved as an ISO file so I can just burn them to DVD to play. Has about 4-5 of each of the daily workouts on each DVD instead of spread out over 12 of them. Also had all the nutritional/calendars stuff with them. Actually working on making some copies for some friends of mine. Asking $20. Will e-mail the nutritional booklet/workout calendar to anyone who wants it since it is a small file. Send a message with your e-mail address requesting it and I'll get them out to you.

Anyone looking for someone to make and send some out feel free to PM me.

Planning on starting this next Monday as the g/f and I plan to hit the diet pretty hard to so will prepare for all that stuff over the weekend.

23, 6'0'', 200...was about 175 when I graduated HS so looking to drop some lbs. to get back closer to that and to prepare for summer league basketball.

2nd fit test this morning

Fit Test

Date, 22-Mar, 6-Apr

Move, Fit Test 1, Fit Test 2

Switch Kicks, 124, 131

Power Jacks, 54, 54 <---not sure if I can even get more than that in 60 seconds

Power Knees, 81, 100

Power Jumps, 33, 38

Globe Jumps, 8, 10

Suicide Jumps, 13, 18

Push-Up Jacks, 25, 30

Low Plank Oblique, 36, 50

My abs are killing me today from the Pure Cardio + Abs yesterday. Liking the results so far.

Measurements

Weight, 163, 159.5

Users who are viewing this thread