What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (1 Viewer)

2nd fit test this morningFit TestDate, 22-Mar, 6-AprMove, Fit Test 1, Fit Test 2Switch Kicks, 124, 131Power Jacks, 54, 54 <---not sure if I can even get more than that in 60 secondsPower Knees, 81, 100Power Jumps, 33, 38Globe Jumps, 8, 10Suicide Jumps, 13, 18Push-Up Jacks, 25, 30Low Plank Oblique, 36, 50My abs are killing me today from the Pure Cardio + Abs yesterday. Liking the results so far. MeasurementsWeight, 163, 159.5
Did my Fit test 1 yesterday....and your fit day tests make mine look like they were done by a 12 YO school girl :sadbanana: I hope My 2nd/3rd one is close to your 1st one......I'm about 5-10 (185 lbs) but so out of shape!

2nd fit test this morningFit TestDate, 22-Mar, 6-AprMove, Fit Test 1, Fit Test 2Switch Kicks, 124, 131Power Jacks, 54, 54 <---not sure if I can even get more than that in 60 secondsPower Knees, 81, 100Power Jumps, 33, 38Globe Jumps, 8, 10Suicide Jumps, 13, 18Push-Up Jacks, 25, 30Low Plank Oblique, 36, 50My abs are killing me today from the Pure Cardio + Abs yesterday. Liking the results so far. MeasurementsWeight, 163, 159.5
Did my Fit test 1 yesterday....and your fit day tests make mine look like they were done by a 12 YO school girl :unsure: I hope My 2nd/3rd one is close to your 1st one......I'm about 5-10 (185 lbs) but so out of shape!
5'7" so I'm not too far out of my ideal weight....really looking to tone more than anything, and get down to about 155. Fortunately I play sports all year round so that's probably contributing to my decent Fit Test 1 scores.

how many minutes a day? 20ish?

5'11, 164.

Don't really need to lose that much weight (I'd be good at 157), just want lean muscle (instead of just being frail looking).

Is this the thing?

how many minutes a day? 20ish?5'11, 164.Don't really need to lose that much weight (I'd be good at 157), just want lean muscle (instead of just being frail looking).Is this the thing?
More like 40ish for the first month, and more in the second.If you're not looking to lose weight, but want to tone up, P90X is more your answer.

how many minutes a day? 20ish?5'11, 164.Don't really need to lose that much weight (I'd be good at 157), just want lean muscle (instead of just being frail looking).Is this the thing?
It's the thing if you want to lose weight and tone up, for sure. I think if you're frail and wanting to bulk up, it sounds like P90X may be the better choice. But this thing will definitely whip you into shape.My everything hurts...

Fodasme69 said:
3MTA3 said:
Did my Fit test 1 yesterday....and your fit day tests make mine look like they were done by a 12 YO school girl :P I hope My 2nd/3rd one is close to your 1st one......I'm about 5-10 (185 lbs) but so out of shape!
Seriously my fit test numbers are so much worse than his. Man am I in bad shape...

do I need to buy weights and #### for the PX90?Maybe I will just start running again.
Yes. A set of adjustable dumbbells.
That's the catch. And you need a pull up bar.
Been awhile since I did the 90 but I was thinking it had a version that you did not need the pull up bar. Could be wrong but I thought they used chairs and stuff. Pretty sure there was no way around the adjustable weights.The thing is you get it and you have it. If you follow the nutrition and do the double ups you'll be in shape in no time.....well unless your in really bad shape then your probably not even going to pass the Insanity Fitness test and should start out somewhere else.

Fodasme69 said:
3MTA3 said:
Did my Fit test 1 yesterday....and your fit day tests make mine look like they were done by a 12 YO school girl :bag: I hope My 2nd/3rd one is close to your 1st one......I'm about 5-10 (185 lbs) but so out of shape!
Seriously my fit test numbers are so much worse than his. Man am I in bad shape...
If I start this, I will post my fit test numbers just so everyone feels better about themselves. :homer: :thumbup:

I eat pretty wel (low fat, high protein)l, aside from the beer drinking.What kind of diet we talking here?
Here's an example of 3 from meal 5 (5 meals/day, 300-500 calories each depending on needs)Baked Cod with Steamed Carrots and Cauliflower4 oz. cod filet1 tsp. olive oil2 Tbsp. seasoned bread crumbsSalt and pepper to tasteSteamed vegetable medley of carrots, corn, and cauliflowerCoat cod with olive oil, bread crumbs, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake cod at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve cod with 1 cup of steamed vegetable medley of carrots, corn and cauliflowerNutrition Breakdown:286 calories27 grams protein28 grams carbohydrates6 grams fat4 grams fiberFor a 400-calorie meal: Add a whole-grain dinner roll or a slice of whole wheat breadFor a 500-calorie meal: Increase cod to 6 oz., increase olive oil to 2 tsp., and add a whole-grain dinner roll or a slice of whole wheat breadDinner Omelet1 whole egg2 egg whites¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled1 cup baby spinach leaves1 slice of whole wheat bread or whole-grain English muffinIn a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, make an omelet with egg, egg whites, feta cheese, and spinach. Serve omelet with 1 slie of whole wheat bread or English muffin.Nutrition Breakdown:302 calories23 grams protein20 grams carbohydrates14 grams fat3.5 grams fiberFor a 400-calorie meal: Serve omelet with a fresh pearFor a 500-calorie meal: Serve omelet with a fresh pear topped with 2/3 cup of nonfat vanilla yogurt.Steak with Broccoli3 to 4 oz. flank steak, filet mignon, or sirloinOlive oilSea salt and pepper to taste1 small baked potatoDijon mustard1 cup steamed broccoliLemon juice to tasteBrush steak with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Grill or broil steak on both sides for 5-7 minutes, or until degree of doneness is achieved. Serve steak with a small baked potato topped with country Dijon mustard and steamed broccoli topped with fresh lemon juice.Nutrition Breakdown:304 calories30 grams protein33 grams carbohydrates6 grams fat7.5 grams fiberFor a 400-calorie meal: Increase steak to 5-6 oz.For a 500-calorie meal: Increase steak to 5-6 oz. and finish meal with ½ cup of fat-free pudding OR 1 cup of skim or 1% milk.

I eat pretty wel (low fat, high protein)l, aside from the beer drinking.What kind of diet we talking here?
Here's an example of 3 from meal 5 (5 meals/day, 300-500 calories each depending on needs)Baked Cod with Steamed Carrots and Cauliflower4 oz. cod filet1 tsp. olive oil2 Tbsp. seasoned bread crumbsSalt and pepper to tasteSteamed vegetable medley of carrots, corn, and cauliflowerCoat cod with olive oil, bread crumbs, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake cod at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve cod with 1 cup of steamed vegetable medley of carrots, corn and cauliflowerNutrition Breakdown:286 calories27 grams protein28 grams carbohydrates6 grams fat4 grams fiberFor a 400-calorie meal: Add a whole-grain dinner roll or a slice of whole wheat breadFor a 500-calorie meal: Increase cod to 6 oz., increase olive oil to 2 tsp., and add a whole-grain dinner roll or a slice of whole wheat breadDinner Omelet1 whole egg2 egg whites¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled1 cup baby spinach leaves1 slice of whole wheat bread or whole-grain English muffinIn a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, make an omelet with egg, egg whites, feta cheese, and spinach. Serve omelet with 1 slie of whole wheat bread or English muffin.Nutrition Breakdown:302 calories23 grams protein20 grams carbohydrates14 grams fat3.5 grams fiberFor a 400-calorie meal: Serve omelet with a fresh pearFor a 500-calorie meal: Serve omelet with a fresh pear topped with 2/3 cup of nonfat vanilla yogurt.Steak with Broccoli3 to 4 oz. flank steak, filet mignon, or sirloinOlive oilSea salt and pepper to taste1 small baked potatoDijon mustard1 cup steamed broccoliLemon juice to tasteBrush steak with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Grill or broil steak on both sides for 5-7 minutes, or until degree of doneness is achieved. Serve steak with a small baked potato topped with country Dijon mustard and steamed broccoli topped with fresh lemon juice.Nutrition Breakdown:304 calories30 grams protein33 grams carbohydrates6 grams fat7.5 grams fiberFor a 400-calorie meal: Increase steak to 5-6 oz.For a 500-calorie meal: Increase steak to 5-6 oz. and finish meal with ½ cup of fat-free pudding OR 1 cup of skim or 1% milk.
so I'd need to add basic portion control to my existing diet. :thumbup:Here is what I do for a day:CoffeeWater +/- 64 ozs2 inch thick grilled pork chop or loinStrawberriesGrilled Zuchiniunder 2000 calories, but all in one shot. Probably too late at night. Health and its family are a ####.

Yeah I don't follow the diet. It's just way too much work, and I can't control my life or time like that. I just do my best to eat frequently during the day, and eat lots of protein and vegetables. I also have some alcohol here and there (sometimes more than some), and I enjoy some snacks from time to time. But I generally am just trying to do what I can to eat fairly healthy.

so I'd need to add basic portion control to my existing diet. :DHere is what I do for a day:CoffeeWater +/- 64 ozs2 inch thick grilled pork chop or loinStrawberriesGrilled Zuchiniunder 2000 calories, but all in one shot. Probably too late at night. Health and its family are a ####.
Eating is critical to be in top shape. If you don't follow the diet you will not get the most benefit out of it. When you get down to it planning ahead and discipline. If you don't have these then you'll struggle on the diet.

3MTA3 said:
Just for S&G's, here are my Fit Test 1 numbers:Switch Kicks: 123Power Jacks: 37Power Knees: 56Power Jumps: 15Globe Jumps: 4Suicide Jumps: 11Push-Up Jacks: 15Low Plank Oblique: 40Weight: 225 (this is a guess, I haven't checked)Height: 6'0"Smoke: Pack a dayETA: Finish Day 2 Plyometrics. Level 1's sucked, but I enjoyed this alot more than the fit test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone still alive in here? This workout aint easy.

Problem: i have to go to asia for work for a week. Im doubting I will have the space in the hotel room to do this. I believe there will be a gym in my hotel, so i will just go down there daily if possible and get in a workout, eat as healthy as possible, and then pick this back up when im back on the top half of the planet. Sucks to have to lose my momentum because i was feeling really good about my progress here, but it is what it is.

Everyone still alive in here? This workout aint easy. Problem: i have to go to asia for work for a week. Im doubting I will have the space in the hotel room to do this. I believe there will be a gym in my hotel, so i will just go down there daily if possible and get in a workout, eat as healthy as possible, and then pick this back up when im back on the top half of the planet. Sucks to have to lose my momentum because i was feeling really good about my progress here, but it is what it is.
Two questions. 1)When are you going and 2)Take me with you

Everyone still alive in here? This workout aint easy. Problem: i have to go to asia for work for a week. Im doubting I will have the space in the hotel room to do this. I believe there will be a gym in my hotel, so i will just go down there daily if possible and get in a workout, eat as healthy as possible, and then pick this back up when im back on the top half of the planet. Sucks to have to lose my momentum because i was feeling really good about my progress here, but it is what it is.
I can bring some back for you. Pics I mean.

I can bring some back for you. Pics I mean.
Good enough.And I will hold you to that. :goodposting:

Finished Day 2 today. I cant believe how much I sweat. I am gonna have to get new carpet in the living room when this is all over.

Was able to make it all of the way through the 3 sets of warm-up and 3 sets of first exercises (suicides, power squat, mountain climber, ski jumps) without quitting, first time being able to do that. Then got to the second set of exercises (basketball, level I drills, ski abs, in/outs) and got crushed. Those are honestly my least favorite combination of exercises.

Day 16 done, still one day behind from having to take two days off for a sprained knee. I honestly don't think I'm going to not take an off day and catch up, I cherish those way too much in this program.

Definitely getting easier. I'm now making it through the warmup and am outlasting some of the people on the video before I need a break. Ready for Cardio Circuit tonight. Results are great so far. I'm loving this cardio workout.

Finished Day 5, Pure Cardio. It was nice to see that Sean T. was so tired that he couldn't remember the name of one of his exercises toward the end of the 15 min of staight cardio.

My calfs are still sore and it hurts walking down stairs, but the overall soreness is diminishing to a reasonable level.

Anyone else having ankle soreness? My ankles were brutally sore after week 2's pure cardio yesterday. I'm tempted to take today off to give them a rest.

I've been wearing Nike Free sneakers (the barefoot running type things with the thin heels), and I wonder if that's contributing to it too. Either way I have bum ankles from high school basketball, and if they're sore that hopefully means I'm strengthening them some. But I don't want to overdo it.

If you take a laptop (Is there any way to put the workout on your ipad?) you should be able to workout in the hotel gym or even your room if you are on the ground floor. The best thing about this program is the minimal space and equipment requirements.

If you take a laptop (Is there any way to put the workout on your ipad?) you should be able to workout in the hotel gym or even your room if you are on the ground floor. The best thing about this program is the minimal space and equipment requirements.
Yup it's loaded up on the iPad and coming with me. I may be able to do mornings and hopefully all that jumping around in the hotel room doesn't piss everyone off. Another challenge may be low ceilings ... I will be in Tokyo, and the last couple times I was there no way could I have jumped in those hotels.

Anyone else having ankle soreness? My ankles were brutally sore after week 2's pure cardio yesterday. I'm tempted to take today off to give them a rest. I've been wearing Nike Free sneakers (the barefoot running type things with the thin heels), and I wonder if that's contributing to it too. Either way I have bum ankles from high school basketball, and if they're sore that hopefully means I'm strengthening them some. But I don't want to overdo it.
I've had ankle soreness in some of the exercises, but nothing that's lingered. I'm wearing Mizuno running shoes, which probably aren't the greatest. My only other choice, outside of purchasing new shoes, are my basketball shoes, but it's difficult to do the lunge stretches in those.I'm behind a day and did the pure cardio from yesterday. It went much better than last week, but the last five exercises or so still wasted me. I've got some shoulder issues, so I'm skipping anything with pushups or planks in them until I get that figured out. I've just done jumping rope, or jumping jacks while those are going on to keep the heart rate up.

Am I the only one that completely underestimated Cardio Recovery?? Some of those position holds were killing me. Otis, the only soreness I've experienced is in my calves. With each workout though the soreness doesn't last as long.

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: 3MTA3, hooter311, Sean

:unsure:

Just finished day 1 fitness test. Very hard. I hate that oriental chick. The guy would be like "Ok write down how you did" I would get like 40 reps on an exercise and the oriental chick would go "122".Day 2 here I come.
I was watching something on FiTV last night with my wife. She teaches a few different types of aerobics classes, so she was looking for ideas. She mentioned how she wanted to be one of the people in the background on those shows, and that they are almost always fitness professionals as well. Those people in the back aren't "test groupers" a la P90X. I'd wager they are all certified fitness professionals. That same chick is on Sean T's "Hip Hop Abs" so I'm quite sure she is. Don't hold yourself to their standards.

this sounds interesting, how you can adjust each meal's calorie intake. is this the nutrition plan from P90X? can you get the nutrition plan without getting the whole package?

pure cardio finished today.

had a pretty good go of it though I did take a water break about 55% through the 15 minutes as I was pretty bagged.

I think I have plyo again tomorrow?

Anyway, I enjoy the plyo a lot (loved the p90x plyo x) so it should be good.

If you want the nutrition plan from Insanity send me a PM with your email and I'll shoot you the plan in PDF format.

Did day 3 today. My calves are screaming.
Day 3 here too. Calves especially and now chest/shoulders screaming.
Dont worry, day 3 was the peak of pain. Day 4 recovery helps a lot. I just finished day 6 and have some soreness but feel much better overall.Today was the first repeat day (Plyo circuit) and I felt much more coordinated. I was still smoked by the end, but was much more comfortable with my form.

Just for S&G's, here are my Fit Test 1 numbers:Switch Kicks: 123Power Jacks: 37Power Knees: 56Power Jumps: 15Globe Jumps: 4Suicide Jumps: 11Push-Up Jacks: 15Low Plank Oblique: 40Weight: 225 (this is a guess, I haven't checked)Height: 6'0"Smoke: Pack a dayETA: Finish Day 2 Plyometrics. Level 1's sucked, but I enjoyed this alot more than the fit test.
These Fit Test results I can get more on board with than MT's lolSwitch Kicks: 118Power Jacks: 33Power Knees: 61Power Jumps: 31Globe Jumps: 9Suicide Jumps: 9Push-Up Jacks: 19Low Plank Oblique: 41Weight: 201.6Height: 6'0''

Users who are viewing this thread