What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (2 Viewers)

mex said:
Pumped to hopefully start this tonight. 5'9" and float between 195-200. Being in Japan tdy right now is giving me the chance to eat really healthy!
HI MEX!
Konichiwa or some crap like that. Do it GB, not even sore today but probably because I had been working out before. Now I need to concentrate on my overall diet.
Isn't Otis in Japan at the moment? secret conference?

mex said:
Pumped to hopefully start this tonight. 5'9" and float between 195-200. Being in Japan tdy right now is giving me the chance to eat really healthy!
HI MEX!
Konichiwa or some crap like that. Do it GB, not even sore today but probably because I had been working out before. Now I need to concentrate on my overall diet.
Isn't Otis in Japan at the moment? secret conference?
super secret ultra elite conference. I'm out in Okinawa though. Woke up feeling great, 4 hours later I'm sore as #### :moneybag:

tribecalledjeff said:
What's on the last 10 minutes of the Day 1 workout? My DVD just quit playing, which was probably one of the top 10 happiest moments of my life. I figured it was just the 3rd round of basketball drills and stretching so I did that. I'm glad that I read the posts of people that said they were doing 50%, 30%, etc. of the stuff by the end of the program. That's definitely where I was. At the beginning of the program I was trying to jog when I had to stop doing whatever they were doing, but by the end I was just bending over gasping for breath and cursing whoever started this thread. Was also nice to see some of the people in the background stopping at various times, too.
It was round 3 of the same routine followed immediately by 2 min of jabs, uppercuts, some crazy half jumping jack thing that I'm too uncoordinated do. All that was followed by cool down stretching.

3MTA3 said:
Hopheads said:
Are Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs supposed to be done back to back, or should you split them up? I'm so smoked after pure cardio that I want to puke and can't imagine that I'll have much left for an ab workout. I'm thinking I'll do pure cardio in the AM and cardio abs in the evening.
I do them back to back, Abs first. I think if you do Abs second, you'll be gassed from the Pure Cardio you won't want to do Abs. Abs is only 16 minutes and most of the time is spent on the floor.Color me crazy but this (Pure Cardio/Abs) is my favorite routine so far. I like the many different moves in Pure Cardio and my Abs need the most help. If I could, I would do this set every day probably.
Thanks. I hadn't thought about doing the abs first. That makes a lot more sense to me than doing cardio first.

I've been on the nutrition part the past 2 days and will be starting in tomorrow (g/f is day 3 tomorrow morning so kind of mixing a little there).

So far, some of my recommendations

Meal 1:

Berry Protein Smoothie

Peanut Butter Toast

Veggie Omelet

Meal 2:

Turkey BLT

Vanilla-Berry Protein Shake

Meal 3:

Chicken Ranch Wrap

Meal 4:

Nut Butter & Jelly

Protein Pizza Muffin

Roast Beef Wrap

Not a fan of Tuna Salad in a tomato

Meal 5:

Baked Cod with Steamed carrots

Dinner Omelet

She put a menu together for the first week that has us pretty much trying every meal from each of the 5 so will be able to tell pretty quick what we'll be sticking with as staples (a lot of easy, quick things like the shakes, omelets, wraps fit us more). Actually looking forward to the steak, baked potato, broccli on tonight's menu. Never tried a lot of the stuff (almond milk, natural peanut butter, etc., not bad at all).

If anyone wants a PDF of the nutrition guide still just shoot me a PM

tribecalledjeff said:
What's on the last 10 minutes of the Day 1 workout? My DVD just quit playing, which was probably one of the top 10 happiest moments of my life. I figured it was just the 3rd round of basketball drills and stretching so I did that. I'm glad that I read the posts of people that said they were doing 50%, 30%, etc. of the stuff by the end of the program. That's definitely where I was. At the beginning of the program I was trying to jog when I had to stop doing whatever they were doing, but by the end I was just bending over gasping for breath and cursing whoever started this thread. Was also nice to see some of the people in the background stopping at various times, too.
It was round 3 of the same routine followed immediately by 2 min of jabs, uppercuts, some crazy half jumping jack thing that I'm too uncoordinated do. All that was followed by cool down stretching.
Thanks. Next time I can just do some tae-bo type stuff to make up for it.Just woke up after doing day 1 yesterday and I'm in pain, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Although I have a sneaking feeling that it might get worse throughout the day. Day 2 workout this afternoon :goodposting:

Firing up Pure Cardio now.
Not as bad as I expected. Still had to take a lot of breaks. Pretty sure Shawn T dropped an F bomb toward the end that was bleeped out :shrug:Feel good.
That #### is crazy, yo!
Yeah, that's probably what it was. I was too busy bending over trying to catch my breathe to really hear it. I just heard him talking and then the bleep.
I liked in the Cardio Power video when he asked that chick how she felt..."I feel like s##t".I absolutely :thumbup: that chick, too. This made her even hotter.

Firing up Pure Cardio now.
Not as bad as I expected. Still had to take a lot of breaks. Pretty sure Shawn T dropped an F bomb toward the end that was bleeped out :thumbup:Feel good.
That #### is crazy, yo!
Yeah, that's probably what it was. I was too busy bending over trying to catch my breathe to really hear it. I just heard him talking and then the bleep.
I liked in the Cardio Power video when he asked that chick how she felt..."I feel like s##t".I absolutely :lmao: that chick, too. This made her even hotter.
I missed that. Which chick?

Firing up Cardio Power & Resistance now.
Set a goal of doing 15 seconds out of every 30 second exercise, then jog out the rest of the 30 seconds. Made it through the whole "warmup" this way, and then after the stretching part I did 15 seconds and then just walked around for the next 15 until the next exercise started because I was too tired to jog. Was pretty much perfect, I was dying but not dead, if that makes sense. Heart rate up around 170-180 for nearly the entire workout. Short term goal is to get through a whole workout of doing 15 seconds, then jogging 15 of each 30 second interval. Will try to build from there to 20/10, 25/5, etc. I figure by 2013 I'll get to the whole 30 seconds.Mad props to anybody doing this, it is hard ### work. But it will pay off.

Firing up Cardio Power & Resistance now.
Set a goal of doing 15 seconds out of every 30 second exercise, then jog out the rest of the 30 seconds. Made it through the whole "warmup" this way, and then after the stretching part I did 15 seconds and then just walked around for the next 15 until the next exercise started because I was too tired to jog. Was pretty much perfect, I was dying but not dead, if that makes sense. Heart rate up around 170-180 for nearly the entire workout. Short term goal is to get through a whole workout of doing 15 seconds, then jogging 15 of each 30 second interval. Will try to build from there to 20/10, 25/5, etc. I figure by 2013 I'll get to the whole 30 seconds.
:goodposting: That's a bold call. I'm on a longer term schedule.

I'm pretty surprised at how much more fit I am than I was 3 weeks ago when I started. That first fitness test nearly killed me - I spent the hour after the test wondering if it was going to be my last... man I was out of shape. But now I can get through the entire warmup without a break (though my form isn't quite as perfect as the superfreaks on the video and I don't go any faster the third time through than I did on my first), and I even got through a lot of the Pure Cardio without taking more than a 10 second break. 10 minutes after the workouts I actually feel really good now, as opposed to dreading the walk to the shower.

I haven't lost any weight though. While I have been eating relatively healthy, save for an extremely unhealthy opening day, I haven't been following the diet.

So, I finished Day 4 yesterday (Cardio Recovery) and most of the leg soreness is gone.

For those that are just starting this is what I experienced.

- Day 1 (Fit Test): next 24 hour minor leg/feet soreness

- Day 2: next 24 hours was the worst. My entire lower half was sore and was a struggle to get in an out of my chair at work. Couldn't even imagine that I'd be able to get through the Day 3 workout

- Day 3: next 24 yours still some lingering soreness in calves, muscles around knees and thights mostly but nothing unbearable

- Day 4: next 24 hours is where I'm presently at....woke up with the bottoms of my feet hurting a little bit but not a big deal. Presently my calves have some tightness but no pain. Overall feeling good.

I'm hoping I'm through the intitial muscle shock at this point but we'll see after Day 5 Pure Cardio tonight.

I'm pretty surprised at how much more fit I am than I was 3 weeks ago when I started. That first fitness test nearly killed me - I spent the hour after the test wondering if it was going to be my last... man I was out of shape. But now I can get through the entire warmup without a break (though my form isn't quite as perfect as the superfreaks on the video and I don't go any faster the third time through than I did on my first), and I even got through a lot of the Pure Cardio without taking more than a 10 second break. 10 minutes after the workouts I actually feel really good now, as opposed to dreading the walk to the shower. I haven't lost any weight though. While I have been eating relatively healthy, save for an extremely unhealthy opening day, I haven't been following the diet.
Even though you haven't lost any weight does your body look/feel any differently? What I mean is your core tighter, do you feel better in clothes, etc?It's been 4 days for me and I've actually put on 2 lbs, but I've also been drinking a lot more water throughout the day and have been mixing in a couple of snacks throughout the day. But even with all that, I can tell my core is getting more tone which is all that matters to me rather than weight loss (6-1, 190lbs)

I'm pretty surprised at how much more fit I am than I was 3 weeks ago when I started. That first fitness test nearly killed me - I spent the hour after the test wondering if it was going to be my last... man I was out of shape. But now I can get through the entire warmup without a break (though my form isn't quite as perfect as the superfreaks on the video and I don't go any faster the third time through than I did on my first), and I even got through a lot of the Pure Cardio without taking more than a 10 second break. 10 minutes after the workouts I actually feel really good now, as opposed to dreading the walk to the shower. I haven't lost any weight though. While I have been eating relatively healthy, save for an extremely unhealthy opening day, I haven't been following the diet.
When I did p90x last summer, I was about a month in, eating well, hadn't lost any weight, and was starting to get frustrated. Then right about week 4-5 it just started melting off and I lost about 20 pounds in the next 2 months. I think it's just like a delayed reaction by the body - takes a while for everything to kick in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though you haven't lost any weight does your body look/feel any differently? What I mean is your core tighter, do you feel better in clothes, etc?It's been 4 days for me and I've actually put on 2 lbs, but I've also been drinking a lot more water throughout the day and have been mixing in a couple of snacks throughout the day. But even with all that, I can tell my core is getting more tone which is all that matters to me rather than weight loss (6-1, 190lbs)
I wish I could say I fit in my clothes better, but I don't think it's true. My core is definitely tighter though.

When I did p90x last summer, I was about a month in, eating well, hadn't lost any weight, and was starting to get frustrated. Then right about week 4-5 it just started melting off and I lost about 20 pounds in the next 2 months. I think it just like a delayed reaction by the body - takes a while for everything to kick in.
Thats great to hear. Hope it holds true for me.

Not as bad as I expected.

Feel good.
Day 5 (Pure Cardio) down. GWB sums up my feelings quoted above. 4 days ago I would've been a walking zombie right about now so something positive is happening at least.As said way earlier in the thread love how Shawn T basically says he's scared for what's about to happen to us next before we got into the second half of the session. Thanks for the support bud.

Sometimes I think why I do this to myself...cuz I want to look goooooood. --Shawn T.

Finished day 13, pure cardio and cardio abs. I did the abs first, but didn't like it. I wasn't warmed up or stretched enough and felt very tight during the ab workout. Next time I'll do cardio first and wait 10-15 min until I am ready for the abs.

Overslept this AM so I'll be doing day 6 (Plyo Cardio) tonight after I get the kids to bed. Ugh.What is involved in the Cardio Abs workout?
C'mon GWB, you're my barometer for what to expect when I do my workout each night!Edit to add that I'm completely done with the soreness....had a tough Day 5 workout last night and not feeling any effects today. Heeey--oooooo!

Overslept this AM so I'll be doing day 6 (Plyo Cardio) tonight after I get the kids to bed. Ugh.What is involved in the Cardio Abs workout?
C'mon GWB, you're my barometer for what to expect when I do my workout each night!Edit to add that I'm completely done with the soreness....had a tough Day 5 workout last night and not feeling any effects today. Heeey--oooooo!
Sorry, man. Wife's alarm went off around 5:55 (she goes walking in the AM) and I rolled back over figuring I'd get 5 more minutes since my alarm is set for 6 AM. Never went off.I'll probably get my workout in around 8:30 tonight.

Are Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs supposed to be done back to back, or should you split them up? I'm so smoked after pure cardio that I want to puke and can't imagine that I'll have much left for an ab workout. I'm thinking I'll do pure cardio in the AM and cardio abs in the evening.
I do them back to back, Abs first. I think if you do Abs second, you'll be gassed from the Pure Cardio you won't want to do Abs. Abs is only 16 minutes and most of the time is spent on the floor.Color me crazy but this (Pure Cardio/Abs) is my favorite routine so far. I like the many different moves in Pure Cardio and my Abs need the most help. If I could, I would do this set every day probably.
Wife and I do the Ab workout first, followed by the Pure Cardio routine. It empties the tank, so I don't know if I could do them the other way around and use the correct form for the abs.

Not bad, but because it's after Pure Cardio, you are already pretty spent.
What kind of exercises? Are you mostly standing up or on the floor?
ab workout is mostly on the floor. do some C-sit with twists, raising legs, etc. and some high/low plank moves raising knees to shoulders

ab workout is mostly on the floor. do some C-sit with twists, raising legs, etc. and some high/low plank moves raising knees to shoulders
Ugh, I was afraid of that.

Ugh, I was afraid of that.
You afraid of the floor, GB?

anybody been doing this for a few weeks and lost a good amount of body fat?

I'm probably gonna give this a try starting monday, just to cut up some for summer. I'm in pretty good shape (6 foot, 225 pounds, muscular and strong) but I could stand to trim up a bit for beach season. I would look shredded at about 210, so that's my goal. I have a normal cutting routine, but it's not INSANE!!!!11 so I thought I would try this.

my biggest concern is that I don't want to sacrifice any muscle mass while cutting up, which is a possibility with high intensity cardio.

anybody been doing this for a few weeks and lost a good amount of body fat?I'm probably gonna give this a try starting monday, just to cut up some for summer. I'm in pretty good shape (6 foot, 225 pounds, muscular and strong) but I could stand to trim up a bit for beach season. I would look shredded at about 210, so that's my goal. I have a normal cutting routine, but it's not INSANE!!!!11 so I thought I would try this.my biggest concern is that I don't want to sacrifice any muscle mass while cutting up, which is a possibility with high intensity cardio.
I would think P90X would be more your speed.

I'm not looking forward to these sessions either as have a very sensitive back..but also realize that ab work is the best thing for this so it's a necessary evil unfortunately.
Same here. It's the back issue that really curtailed my running routing which led to me needing to do this program in the first place.I've evidently developed some mild arthritis in my lower back and the frequent pain and discomfort from that has kept me from running since December.

Users who are viewing this thread