Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Northern Voice

***Official Ryu Jays Thread*** Bo knows Toronto

Recommended Posts

Vlad had insanely high expectations coming into this year and... Bo Bichette is easily exceeding those expectations so far. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed the game Friday despite the loss. It was a good game and some bombs were hit. Sat in the lower seats section 115 near a bunch of stro fans up from Texas.  Good people all of em. :thumbup:

Have you say I really dislike Fisher. He has the odd time when the ball hits his bat but he looks lost most times. I suppose Jose looked like this too but for now my expectations are very low. Read  a few weeks ago that he has no options so next spring will be an important camp for him. 

Bichette has a very high ceiling. Vladdy had a bad night. Made a crucial error that got Houston going after Thornton actually looked pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TJ Zeuch got his MLB debut Tuesday night for the Blue Jays vs ATL.  He graduated from our local HS (Mason), and it was pretty neat to see him out there.  My daughter goes to school with his sister, and my son has aspirations of playing for Mason when he gets to HS next year.  Not only did TJ's family make it to the game, but so did Bly (his HS coach).  The rest of the coaches/team/alumni all met up at the local BW3 for a watch party.  Pretty cool atmosphere all around.  I thought TJ pitched well for the 3-4 innings he was in.  Didn't really give up much outside of Acuna and Donaldson - even then, there are many seasoned vets that don't do well against those two.  I thought he looked good and could have a nice future in the big leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggio hits for the cycle, with two stolen bases. His batting average is ugly but in a little over half a season, he has a .361 OBP 14 HR, 13 SB and close to 2 WAR - he's been a solid player in real and fantasy baseball.

Edited by Northern Voice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Biggio hits for the cycle, with two stolen bases. His batting average is ugly but in a little over half a season, he has a .361 OBP 14 HR, 13 SB and close to 2 WAR - he's been a solid player in real and fantasy baseball.

Please tell him one more before the end of the season. Dont need the stolen bases though. That'd just be greedy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this management group is willing to admit mistakes, because Brandon Drury, Billy McKinney (both from last year's Happ trade) and Derek Fisher (this year's Sanchez/Biagini trade) are just terrible baseball players. 

None look remotely like every day MLB outfielders. Which is fine. Randall Grichuk is a league average player signed long term, Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is maybe more than that (signed long term) and Teoscar Hernandez is a capable stopgap with some upside and isn't useless like the guys above. This team needs to get closer to being good and just move on from the Drury'd and Fisher's of the world, it's not going to happen. Let Anthony Alford or someone get a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:02 AM, Northern Voice said:

Vlad had insanely high expectations coming into this year and... Bo Bichette is easily exceeding those expectations so far. 

Vlad was taken way too high in many drafts so his season has been disappointing given the high HR-RBI totals of so many players this season.  Was listening to MLB and some think Gurriel is the Blue Jay player to watch over Vlad.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

I hope this management group is willing to admit mistakes, because Brandon Drury, Billy McKinney (both from last year's Happ trade) and Derek Fisher (this year's Sanchez/Biagini trade) are just terrible baseball players. 

None look remotely like every day MLB outfielders. Which is fine. Randall Grichuk is a league average player signed long term, Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is maybe more than that (signed long term) and Teoscar Hernandez is a capable stopgap with some upside and isn't useless like the guys above. This team needs to get closer to being good and just move on from the Drury'd and Fisher's of the world, it's not going to happen. Let Anthony Alford or someone get a chance.

I count 7 Blue Jays hitters in the post above. And 0 pitchers.  If this team is to get closer to being good then that needs 100% of this management's attention. Not duds like Drury, McKinney, and Fisher. Given the current depth chart that'll sort itself out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAC_32 said:

I count 7 Blue Jays hitters in the post above. And 0 pitchers.  If this team is to get closer to being good then that needs 100% of this management's attention. Not duds like Drury, McKinney, and Fisher. Given the current depth chart that'll sort itself out.

Most trades this year were for pitchers, there's tons of quantity in prospects, I'm skeptical of the quality beyond Nate Pearson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Vlad was taken way too high in many drafts so his season has been disappointing given the high HR-RBI totals of so many players this season.  Was listening to MLB and some think Gurriel is the Blue Jay player to watch over Vlad.

Vlad will pan out over the long term.  I offered Yordan Alvarez straight up for Vlad in a dynasty earlier this year and was turned down, I don't think I'd make the offer again, even as a Jays homer. 

I really like Gurriel, he'd be part of the core with Bo, Vlad and Biggio for me for sure.

Reese McGuire showing well too, Danny Jansen's job may not be as secure going forward as expected. Either way, should be fine there. 

Edited by Northern Voice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Most trades this year were for pitchers, there's tons of quantity in prospects, I'm skeptical of the quality beyond Nate Pearson. 

I'm aware. I'm just saying the bats aren't the go-forward issue. It's the arms. The bats will sort themselves out. Drury being on the team again in 2020 isn't a problem. If he's there it's to just backup everyone. If he's not then congrats - you found a better backup. McKinney and Fisher will also be somewhere in the system, but if either break camp on the big league club then it's for a similar purpose as Drury. If they don't then congrats - you found a better backup. None of them are worth being concerned about what management thinks about them though.

Trades happen, but as is if the mound gets fixed then the relatively few holes in the lineup can be filled. If the mound doesn't get fixed then the lineup doesn't matter. You're still losing 90+ games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jays trade for Chase Anderson. They say he'll be a back end guy but right now he's the #1 in a rotation with Trent Thornton, Ryan Borucki and... that's it (though they're expected to bring Matt Shoemaker back as well). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 is going to be a rough season for the Jays.  :sadbanana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 11:44 AM, falguy said:

2020 is going to be a rough season for the Jays.  :sadbanana:

You're not inspired by the new Tanner Roark-Chase Anderson 1/2 pairing?

Edited by Northern Voice
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Northern Voice said:

You're not inspired by the new Tanner Roark-Chase Anderson 1/2 pairing?

1a and 1b I guess :)

 

I've seen articles where Haap, EE, have been mentioned as possible targets. Might as well go get Pillar and Jose too. Get the gang back together.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roark is more valuable in real life than in fantasy.  A reliable guy who can eat league average innings is better than a streaming option.

2/$24M seems a little high to me because he's very unlikely to significantly overperform his contract.  But he's also someone they can flip for a prospect in July 2021.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 9:02 PM, Eephus said:

 

2/$24M seems a little high to me because he's very unlikely to significantly overperform his contract.  But he's also someone they can flip for a prospect in July 2021.

No one's coming to Toronto unless they overpay. Still a year plus from contending, border crossings, insane division. 

They did sign Shun Yamaguchi out of the NPB and said he could be out of the bullpen or in the rotation, so now we have:

  • Tanner Roark
  • Chase Anderson
  • Trent Thornton
  • Matt Shoemaker
  • Ryan Borucki
  • Shun Yamaguchi
  • Jacob Waguespack

If it was those seven guys to fill out the 4/5 spots in the rotation it would be fine, unfortunately they have to fill out 1/2/3/4/5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, falguy said:

1a and 1b I guess :)

 

I've seen articles where Haap, EE, have been mentioned as possible targets. Might as well go get Pillar and Jose too. Get the gang back together.

 

David Price too. Trade for him, sign Ryu and that's a solid 84 win team that still finishes in 4th place, ten wins out of a wild card spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Northern Voice said:
  • Tanner Roark
  • Chase Anderson
  • Trent Thornton
  • Matt Shoemaker
  • Ryan Borucki
  • Shun Yamaguchi
  • Jacob Waguespack

None of these guys will be drafted in a 12 team mixed league so I guess they're better in real life than fantasy.

 

ETA:  OK maybe Roark

Edited by Eephus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

Staff Ace Hyun-Jin Ryu :excited:

:thumbup::thumbup: to the thread title :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn't talk about the Travis Shaw signing in here. I still don't really care too. For the same money, I would have rather they brought Smoak back, but :shrug:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New alternate uniform

 

Baby blues are pretty intimidating. :whistle:

 

One of these 4 :cough:Grichuk:cough: doesn't belong.  Put Ryu in there and maybe i like the unis more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, falguy said:

New alternate uniform

 

Baby blues are pretty intimidating. :whistle:

 

One of these 4 :cough:Grichuk:cough: doesn't belong.  Put Ryu in there and maybe i like the unis more.

Vlad is huge for a 20 year old.  I don't remember his dad being that large in his days with the Expos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see the "yet out" thread so will just post this here. 

 

RIP to one of the slickest shortstops to ever play. It was a pleasure watching you tony Fernandez. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austin Martin seems like a steal at pick #5 if Keith Law/The Athletic is to be believed. Had him as #1 overall prospect. "Most athletic prospect since George Springer in 2012".

Drafted as a SS but may end up at 3rd with Bichette at SS, Biggio 2B, Vlad 1B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austin Martin is a cool name

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walker, Ray, Stripling, Villar and Vogelbach at presumably very low prospect cost is a nice way to fill out the roster and take advantage of their current position/expanded playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 run 6th against the Yankees that included a Vladdy SB and a Danny Jansen grand slam (not sure which is more unlikely to be honest). And 6 runs off Ottavino who didn't record an out. 

In a game where Ryu was not sharp for the first time in a while. Also where a win puts them two games clear of the Yankees for 2nd in the division. And the first of ten games this month against them. 

All without Teoscar and Bichette as well.

This team is so much fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fisher is soooooo bad. 

:tfp:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.