What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL-4 Worksheets (1 Viewer)

I was surprised to see Campbell go so late as well. when I took Moore, I thought about Campbell. It was one of those two guys for me, but I like Moore's chances to break out more than I like Campbell's chances. Zero reason he should be going after guys like Bradford though.
Other than the fact he isn't going to be starting...
yea just w the news about the trade shortly after posting.

oops.
Prophetic stuff here....almost like a crystal ball in reverse with the recent jettisoning of Bulger, ".....STL prepares the way to take Bradford as the 1.01".....and you guessed it....he starts.

I'm out for the next 4 hours or so. I'll update when I return. Don't start the kicker run without me.

Updated through the 14.06. Please check your team for errors and ommisions....hit me with a PM and I'll fix 'er on up.

I know that the TE's progression is numbered wrong so I'll fix that (soon).

:rant:

Sorry for the delay today. I'm training the guy taking my old position and we were travelling today.

I'm gonna need someone to take over the 17-20 round thread. My wife's grandmother passed away and we'll be driving to Kansas Saturday-Sunday. I'll have access to the blackberry for making picks, but I can't keep the thread up to date. Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping we'll be done with Rd 16 by Friday. Thanks

I considered both Moore and Campbell with my QB2 pick of Leinart.

I went with the young gun because he has the best offensive weapons around him. Moore was probably safer, but I figured a easy handcuff with Anderson until he got plucked. I decided to grab Delhomme who I think starts at least 1 year in Cleveland (nobody else, complex system) to pad the position with a bit of insurance from the final QB scraps.

15.06 Pimpin Aint Easy - Kris Brown - K11 HOU

15.07 Reaper - Jeff Reed - K12 PIT

15.08 Valence - Neil Rackers - K13 HOU
I've never seen two kickers on the same team go so close to each other - and both in the top 15.Which one leaves and where does he end up?

Nugget said:
Sorry for the delay today. I'm training the guy taking my old position and we were travelling today.I'm gonna need someone to take over the 17-20 round thread. My wife's grandmother passed away and we'll be driving to Kansas Saturday-Sunday. I'll have access to the blackberry for making picks, but I can't keep the thread up to date. Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping we'll be done with Rd 16 by Friday. Thanks
Isn't that what staff's for.No worries, I got it. Thanks for 1 - 16!!!

9.02 Cassell, Matt QB18-KCC

12.15 Anderson, Derek QB31-ARI

1.02 Johnson, Chris RB02-TEN

7.02 Jacobs, Brandon RB29-NYG

8.15 Sproles, Darren RB42-SDC

10.15 Ward, Derrick RB51-TBB

2.15 Smith, Steve WR13-CAR

4.15 Houshmandzadeh, T.J. WR22-SEA

5.02 Harvin, Percy WR23-MIN

6.15 Mason, Derrick WR38-BAL

11.02 Crayton, Patrick WR61-DAL

3.02 Davis, Vernon TE04-SFO

13.02 NOS-DEF/ST10

14.15 CLE-DEF/ST16

15.02 Bironas, Rob PK7 TEN
QB is the glaring question mark.

5.01 - Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#008000>Eli Manning - QB10 NYG</FONT> <STRONG>Should hold the fort<BR></STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT color=#000000>14.16 Pictus Cat - </FONT><FONT color=#2e8b57>Michael Vick - QB33 PHI</FONT><FONT color=#000000> <STRONG>Backs up a second year rookie & gets more reps than any other backup Q<BR></STRONG></FONT><BR><FONT color=#ff0000></FONT></FONT>1.01 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#ff0000> Adrian Peterson - RB1 MIN</FONT> <STRONG>Consistant plow.<BR></STRONG>3.01 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#ff0000> Jamaal Charles - RB11 KCC</FONT> <STRONG>Expect the same as last year with TJ resting him.</STRONG><BR>7.01 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#ff0000><FONT color=#0000ff> </FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>Cadillac Williams - RB29 TBB <STRONG><FONT color=#000000>More of the same, #s & ouchies.</FONT><BR></STRONG></FONT></FONT>15.01 Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#ff0000>Jerious Norwood - RB59 ATL</FONT><FONT color=#000000> <STRONG>Upside from his slot and proper depth insurance</STRONG>.<BR><BR></FONT>2.16 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#0000ff> Steve Smith -WR15 NYG</FONT> <STRONG>Steady #1 for me</STRONG><BR>6.16 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#0000ff> Steve Breaston - WR40 ARI </FONT><FONT color=#000000><STRONG>Attack of the #2s to WRBC for slots 2 & 3.</STRONG></FONT><BR>8.16 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#0000ff> Roy Williams - WR51 DAL </FONT><BR>9.01 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#0000ff> Kevin Walter - WR52 HOU<BR></FONT>10.16 Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#0000ff>Malcolm Floyd - WR62 SDC</FONT><FONT color=#9932cc><BR></FONT>13.01 Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#0000ff>Malcolm Kelly - WR75 WAS</FONT> <BR><BR>4.16 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#9932cc> Owen Daniels - TE9 HOU</FONT> <STRONG>Paired 2nd options with TE WR.</STRONG><BR>12.16 Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#800080>Fred Davis - TE22 WAS </FONT><FONT color=#000000><STRONG>Upside, wouldn't be surprised if Cooley was gone if they get an offer.</STRONG></FONT> <BR><BR>11.01 PictusCat -<FONT color=#9932cc> </FONT>New York Jets - DEF1 <STRONG>DST 1 is rarely a value, unless they are special...</STRONG><BR><BR><BR><BR>

15.06 Pimpin Aint Easy - Kris Brown - K11 HOU

15.07 Reaper - Jeff Reed - K12 PIT

15.08 Valence - Neil Rackers - K13 HOU
I've never seen two kickers on the same team go so close to each other - and both in the top 15.Which one leaves and where does he end up?
As a Houston fan, hopefully it is Brown. Mentally he just wilted last year. Don't know if he can get that back.

An example of a STRONG post:

5.01 - Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#008000>Eli Manning - QB10 NYG</FONT> <STRONG>Should hold the fort<BR></STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT color=#000000>14.16 Pictus Cat - </FONT><FONT color=#2e8b57>Michael Vick - QB33 PHI</FONT><FONT color=#000000> <STRONG>Backs up a second year rookie & gets more reps than any other backup Q<BR></STRONG></FONT><BR><FONT color=#ff0000></FONT></FONT>1.01 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#ff0000> Adrian Peterson - RB1 MIN</FONT> <STRONG>Consistant plow.<BR></STRONG>3.01 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#ff0000> Jamaal Charles - RB11 KCC</FONT> <STRONG>Expect the same as last year with TJ resting him.</STRONG><BR>7.01 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#ff0000><FONT color=#0000ff> </FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>Cadillac Williams - RB29 TBB <STRONG><FONT color=#000000>More of the same, #s & ouchies.</FONT><BR></STRONG></FONT></FONT>15.01 Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#ff0000>Jerious Norwood - RB59 ATL</FONT><FONT color=#000000> <STRONG>Upside from his slot and proper depth insurance</STRONG>.<BR><BR></FONT>2.16 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#0000ff> Steve Smith -WR15 NYG</FONT> <STRONG>Steady #1 for me</STRONG><BR>6.16 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#0000ff> Steve Breaston - WR40 ARI </FONT><FONT color=#000000><STRONG>Attack of the #2s to WRBC for slots 2 & 3.</STRONG></FONT><BR>8.16 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#0000ff> Roy Williams - WR51 DAL </FONT><BR>9.01 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#0000ff> Kevin Walter - WR52 HOU<BR></FONT>10.16 Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#0000ff>Malcolm Floyd - WR62 SDC</FONT><FONT color=#9932cc><BR></FONT>13.01 Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#0000ff>Malcolm Kelly - WR75 WAS</FONT> <BR><BR>4.16 - Pictus Cat -<FONT color=#9932cc> Owen Daniels - TE9 HOU</FONT> <STRONG>Paired 2nd options with TE WR.</STRONG><BR>12.16 Pictus Cat - <FONT color=#800080>Fred Davis - TE22 WAS </FONT><FONT color=#000000><STRONG>Upside, wouldn't be surprised if Cooley was gone if they get an offer.</STRONG></FONT> <BR><BR>11.01 PictusCat -<FONT color=#9932cc> </FONT>New York Jets - DEF1 <STRONG>DST 1 is rarely a value, unless they are special...</STRONG><BR><BR><BR><BR>
Updated through the 18.04 pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
QB - Matt Schaub, Alex Smith

Like this pair alot, Schaub give me elite production and Alex Smith has weapons galore, he can smooth out a bad week or two by Schaub.

RB - Ray Rice, Ahmad Bradshaw, Donald Brown, Mike Bell, Lynell Hamilton

RayRice I like, my tendency in these is to get 1 guy early then wait and scoop value later. Bradshaw is better than Jacobs and I think Donald Brown shows why the colts drafted him in round1. Mike Bell was a RFA tender by the Eagles, I dont trust McCoy, do you? I think Lynell Hamilton is why they let Bell go. He is my 5th RB so I wont get too excited.

WR - Greg Jennings, Hakeem Nicks, Lee Evans , Devin Thomas, Jacoby Jones, Andre Caldwell, Mark Clayton

Jennings and Nicks lay a solid foundation as my top2. Lee Evans inconsistency is smoothed out in this format, I love not having to pick his big games. Devin Thomas got a major uptick IMO with McNabb in tow. I think Jacob has more talent then Kevin Walter, not sure why Houston paid him. Andre moves to WR3 in Cincy with the Antonio Bryant news. Solid bunch

TE- Kellen Winslow jr, Brandon Pettigrew

Winslow will provide nice production in the 2ppr format. Pettigrew really show flashes last year before the injury, was hoping to scoop up Shawn Nelson as my TE3 as I think Chan Gailey will use him properly. But I missed

K - David Akers, Matt Prater

D - San Diego, Washington

Solid pair of K's and SD has a super soft schedule I expect Washington D to be better with Shannahan and Better QB play.

Overall I really like this squad, not too many holes.

thx to sniffer and nuggs for running this #####

was a good draft

my squad:

McNabb Was

Young Ten

Mendenhall Pit

Portis Was

Taylor Chi

Gerhart ?

McCluster ?

Rice Min

Sims Walker Jax

Wallace Pit

Cribbs Cle

Knox Chi

Randle El Pit

Camarillo Mia

Gonzalez Atl

Thomas NO

Longwell Min

Gould Chi

Atlanta DST

Kansas City DST

ive got alot of unknowns at this point

have to see what happens post draft, post schedule release, post favre decision, post ben susepension, etc

2.09 Phillip Rivers QB SDC

10.09 Matt Moore QB CAR

1.08 Steven Jackson RB STL

3.08 Cedric Benson RB CIN

8.09 Tim Hightower RB ARI

17.08 LaGarrette Blount RB ROOK

4.09 Michael Crabtree WR SF

5.08 Donald Driver WR GBP

7.08 Julian Edelman WR NEP

9.08 Early Doucet WR ARI

11.08 James Jones WR GBP

18.09 Kevin Ogletree WR DAL

19.08 Jarett Dillard WR JAX

20.9 Limas Sweed WR PIT

6.09 Zach Miller TE OAK

12.09 Jared Cook TE TEN

14.09 Garett Hartley PK NOS

15.08 Neil Rackers PK HOU

13.08 Indianapolis Colts DST

16.09 Cincinnati Bengals DST

analysis forthcoming

My writeup:

QB

Drew Brees

Kevin Kolb

Best set of QB's in the league. I believe Kevin Kolb in the late 9th round is going to be one of the best value picks in this draft.

RB

Felix Jones

Joseph Addai

Ryan Matthews

Anthony Dixon

Not much in the way of numbers and I'd be lying if I did not say I have to be at least a little concerned about the brittleness of my top two backs but if their health holds up Felix and Addai represent what I believe will be strong 1-2 punch. I think Matthews and Dixon might be the two most NFL ready RB's in this draft. Matthews is almost sure to go somewhere he will play with the worst case being a Chris Wells type situation were he does not get significant playing time until later in the year.

This is a group I don't feel is rock solid. Due to some past injury issues of my top two backs and unpredictability of two rookies this position has a lot of question marks but also a tremendous amount of upside.

WR

Randy Moss

Robert Meachem

Chaz Schilens

Lance Moore

Sammie Straughter

Legedu Naane

Deion Branch

Taylor Price

What I lack in quality I tried to make up in quantity. After Moss and completely unreliable group so I have to consider this position a major question mark but I have reasons for optimism. Meachem was the #8 WR the second half of the season and I believe really trailed off in the playoffs due to an injury. Lance Moore should be back healthy this year. Production among Saints WR's will probably be up and down between Henderson, Meachem, and Moore. Having 2 out of this group should hopefully get me production from one of them most weeks and having my top QB throwing to them could help me produce some explosive weeks. Schilens is a guy I've been high on for awhile. Even with Jamarcus throwing to him I think he's a WR3 but he could really take a big step forward with even average QB play. Straughter has a chance to be TB's #1 WR. Naane should start at least a few games when VJ is suspended and with him and Floyd not yet signed it's not even out of the realm of possiblity that he ends up starting period. The Deion Branch pick is one of my favorite picks for me in this draft and a guy I wanted several rounds before I took him but gambled I could get him late. He was producing at the end of the season last year and should be better this year on year two removed from the ACL. I believe he either is the Seahawks starting WR or if they cut him he'll end up on the Broncos, Chiefs or Patriots playing in a system he knows and either starting or playing the slot. Taylor Price was a complete shot in the dark but my goal with him was trying to identify who the Panthers would take in the draft to start opposite Smith. He was my best guess.

All in all it's not a pretty group on paper and while I targeted most of these guys I took the throw enough stuff at the wall and hope some of it sticks philosophy.

TE

John Carlson

Kevin Boss

I like Carlson a lot. As I mentioned earlier he had a better rookie year than pretty much any TE playing today and a better rookie year than any TE I could think off though I'm sure they are out there. He got off to strong start last year before injuries to the OL forced him to block. I don't think that's going to be this case this year as I expect his role to increase. Boss is pure depth and since his production is so TD heavy a much better player in this format were you don't have to select a starting lineup.

If there was one pick in this draft I could do over I'd have taken Witten at 2.2 instead of Brees. The second move I'd have chosen to do over would be taking Celek over Addai in the 4th. This has to do with how I feel about my TE's and the value I saw later at QB and RB versus the value at TE. I don't hate my TE group and think the two of them are at least enough not to kill me. But if Carslon does not pick it up it will be a very mediocore group and could be near the bottom half in TE production.

D

Eagles

Texans

I like both of these D's and feel I should fine at this position. Eagles aggressive D is usually always good for fantasy and getting some injured players back in addition to their stockpile of draft picks I think there defense picks up next year. The Texans have some of the best young defensive talent in the NFL.

K

Kaeding

Graham

Graham is a FA but one of the more accurate kickers in the NFL and he'll land a starting spot. Kaeding is usually a top tier K so I should be fine with the two of them.

I think my team can be competitive and even win but I don't love them. Of the main positions only QB is the one that I can reasonably feel my team is going to be outstanding at. RB, WR and TE all have there share of question marks but also some big upside players.

2.09 Phillip Rivers QB SDC

10.09 Matt Moore QB CAR

Rivers is a stud. Not much more needs to be said about him. A virtual lock for 3700+ yards and 25 TDs. Matt Moore is one of my breakout candidates for 2010. He has a lot to provve and Carolina may still bring in a veteran to push him for the starting gig, but I love his overall game. I thought about a 3rd QB, but decided that with Rivers in tow, I'd rather add an extra body to the WR group.

1.08 Steven Jackson RB STL

3.08 Cedric Benson RB CIN

8.09 Tim Hightower RB ARI

17.08 LaGarrette Blount RB ROOK

I don't see how it's possible for STL to be worse than they were last year and any improvement to me means even better numbers for SJax in 2010. I think Benson is extremely undervalued this year. I can easily see a top 10 performance for him in 2010. Hightower will be the recipient of all the Leinert check downs. Beanie will likely see more carries, but Hightowers reception total should be in the 50-60 range making him a fine RB3. Blount will need to go to the right situation to produce, but I think his pass blocking skills make him one of the most NFL ready backs in this draft. He has a nose for the endzone as well. Given the strength of my top two RBs who are a lock to see 300+ touches each if they stay healthy, I didn't feel the need to add a 5th.

4.09 Michael Crabtree WR SF

5.08 Donald Driver WR GBP

7.08 Julian Edelman WR NEP

9.08 Early Doucet WR ARI

11.08 James Jones WR GBP

18.09 Kevin Ogletree WR DAL

19.08 Jarett Dillard WR JAX

20.9 Limas Sweed WR PIT

This is the group that will make or break my team. San Francisco is a sleeping giant and with a full workout and training camp season under his belt, I see Crabtree as the most likely WR in the league to make the jump to top 10-12 status. I basically bet my whole team on this fact so I hope I'm right. Driver just continues to produce. I know he has been at the edge of the cliff for awhile now, but in that Green Bay passing attack, a savvy veteran like Driver will continue to produce in my opinion. To hedge that bet a little I grabbed James Jones as well who looks like the heir apparent to Driver. He is distanced himself from Jordy Nelson, now he just needs to stay healthy. I'm targetting Edelman as my WR3 orWR4 in almost every league this year. His production until Welker gets back should even dip into WR2 territory. After Welker returns I still think he will be involved to some extent. If Tate emerges then Edelman may fade into the background. Doucet really grew up late in the season and in the playoffs. With Boldin gone, and Breaston better suited to the slot, Doucet should emerge as the #2 across from Fitz. Ogletree could be in line to get more work this year with Roy Williams continuing to look awful. Dallas will probably address this position in the draft, but the very least, he will be good for 1-2 big games where he catches a long touchdown. Dillard is a complete upside pick. He looked good in limited action last year before getting hurt. Mike Thomas is the #2 in Jax fornow, but I think he is much better suited to playing the slot which could leave the #2 spot wide open for Dillard. Sweed was a shot in the dark pick. With Wallace likely stepping in as the #2 or even the #1 across from Ward, It's put up or shut up time for Sweed. He hasn't impressed anyone so far and the steelers will likely draft a WR in the first few rounds of the draft, but if Sweed is going to ever work out for them, he will have to show something this year.

6.09 Zach Miller TE OAK

12.09 Jared Cook TE TEN

If Zach Miller and his QB could ever get on the same page he could easily be a top 5-10 TE in the league. He managed 66 receptions last year in 15 games despite being underutilized. Cook is a complete upside pick. He showed flashes of greatness last season, but never really seemed to put it together. VY loves his tight ends, so if these two can get on the same page Cook could be huge.

14.09 Garett Hartley PK NOS

15.08 Neil Rackers PK HOU

Rackers should win the job in Houston and even if he doesn't then he will latch on somewhere. Two kickers, both in high powered offenses. You can't ask for much more than that out of this position.

13.08 Indianapolis Colts DST

16.09 Cincinnati Bengals DST

Two defenses that should continue to improve this year.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this team. Solid throughout with no glaring holes, but not a ton of wow factor either. As I've said, This team's success likely hinges on Crabtree fulfilling his potential. I expect steady production from this squad which is just what you need to make it through the survivor season. Barring any bye week and schedule ####ery, this team should be right there in the thick of things at the end of the season.

9-Slot Shadowmaster

5.09 Rothleisberger, Ben QB12-PIT

10.08 Leinart, Matt QB25-ARI

14.08 Delhomme, Jake QB27-CLE

I'm very comfy that Big Ben plays all year and plays well. Leinart has great weapons around him so hopefully he steps in as a solid #2. Delhomme is an insurance pick in the event that Leinart falters. Would have been Anderson, but someone took a big reach and gamble on the current Arizona backup. Someone else wasted a pick on Dixson.

3.09 Forte, Matt RB13-CHI

7.09 Smith, Kevin RB33-DET

12.08 Faulk, Kevin RB54-NEP

17.09 Taylor, Fred RB65-NEP

19.09 Jones, Julius RB??-SEA

I like Forte in Chi-town under Martz. I think they went after Taylor as a quality backup. Kevin Smith is a lesser 3 down back and an undervalued RB2. Faulk and Taylor are ancient, but their team doesn't seem to care. Seattle still seems to want JJ to start and/or play a good deal.

1.09 Wayne, Reggie WR02-IND

2.08 Marshall, Brandon WR07-DEN

4.08 Ward, Hines WR19-PIT

6.08 Owens, Terrell WR33-FA

9.09 Bess, Davone WR53-MIA

The strength of my team led by ball hawks Wayne and Marshall. Wayne over Fitz on QB quality. Ward is another undervalued vet who should catch 80+ again. TO is a home run swing with my WR4. Bess is good in PPR, but his value takes a hit with the Marshall move. I also have a sudden bye week issue.

8.08 Miller, Heath TE15-PIT

16.08 Scaife, BO TE26-TEN

Another undervalued Steeler. Scaife just needs some red zone love to improve on his stats.

11.09 PIT-DEF/ST02

13.09 ARI-DEF/ST14

20.08 STL-DEF/ST32

15.09 Tynes, Lawrence PK14-NYG

18.08 Rian Lindell PK??-BUF

3rd D as the best value left in the 20th.

Not my usual squad with the paper thin RB corps. Another WR would have propbably been better than QB or TD3.

Otherwise I feel pretty good about this lineup. Nice reception consistancy and some big play break out game potential. Looking forward to watching this play out with you guys.

EXCELLENT DRAFT SPEED!

9-Slot Shadowmaster

5.09 Rothleisberger, Ben QB12-PIT

10.08 Leinart, Matt QB25-ARI

14.08 Delhomme, Jake QB27-CLE

I'm very comfy that Big Ben plays all year and plays well. Leinart has great weapons around him so hopefully he steps in as a solid #2. Delhomme is an insurance pick in the event that Leinart falters. Would have been Anderson, but someone took a big reach and gamble on the current Arizona backup. Someone else wasted a pick on Dixson.

3.09 Forte, Matt RB13-CHI

7.09 Smith, Kevin RB33-DET

12.08 Faulk, Kevin RB54-NEP

17.09 Taylor, Fred RB65-NEP

19.09 Jones, Julius RB??-SEA

I like Forte in Chi-town under Martz. I think they went after Taylor as a quality backup. Kevin Smith is a lesser 3 down back and an undervalued RB2. Faulk and Taylor are ancient, but their team doesn't seem to care. Seattle still seems to want JJ to start and/or play a good deal.

1.09 Wayne, Reggie WR02-IND

2.08 Marshall, Brandon WR07-DEN

4.08 Ward, Hines WR19-PIT

6.08 Owens, Terrell WR33-FA

9.09 Bess, Davone WR53-MIA

The strength of my team led by ball hawks Wayne and Marshall. Wayne over Fitz on QB quality. Ward is another undervalued vet who should catch 80+ again. TO is a home run swing with my WR4. Bess is good in PPR, but his value takes a hit with the Marshall move. I also have a sudden bye week issue.

8.08 Miller, Heath TE15-PIT

16.08 Scaife, BO TE26-TEN

Another undervalued Steeler. Scaife just needs some red zone love to improve on his stats.

11.09 PIT-DEF/ST02

13.09 ARI-DEF/ST14

20.08 STL-DEF/ST32

15.09 Tynes, Lawrence PK14-NYG

18.08 Rian Lindell PK??-BUF

3rd D as the best value left in the 20th.

Not my usual squad with the paper thin RB corps. Another WR would have propbably been better than QB or TD3.

Otherwise I feel pretty good about this lineup. Nice reception consistancy and some big play break out game potential. Looking forward to watching this play out with you guys.

EXCELLENT DRAFT SPEED!
I disagree about Forte. I think it's a 70/30 split at best with Taylor there - more likely 60/40. I don't think Kevin Smith is going to see 1,000 yards this year in Detroit. I think they definitely add at least one more RB in the draft that will eat into his playing time, if he even truly recovers from that injury by the regular season. RB is going to be a really tough spot for you this year

At WR your top three will be solid, but then what? I really, really think that only drafting five WR in these things is a death sentence for most teams. Six is the bare minimum imo, especially in the 20 round versions.

I think you are going to have to win a few immunities to make it toward the end, especially the week before Pit's bye week. If you end up having any other key players (Wayne or Marshall) out that same week you could be history.

shadow and I have yin/yang teams

shadow: big ben, ward, miller, forte, bess pitt d

fiddles: mendenhall, wallace, randle el, camarillo chester taylor

:tinhat:

thx to sniffer and nuggs for running this #####was a good draftmy squad:9 McNabb Was9 Young Ten5 Mendenhall Pit9 Portis Was8 Taylor Chi? Gerhart ?? McCluster ?4 Rice Min9 Sims Walker Jax5 Wallace Pit8 Cribbs Cle8 Knox Chi5 Randle El Pit5 Camarillo Mia8 Gonzalez Atl10 Thomas NO4 Longwell Min8 Gould Chi8 Atlanta DST4 Kansas City DSTive got alot of unknowns at this pointhave to see what happens post draft, post schedule release, post favre decision, post ben susepension, etc
ouch no week 6 or 7 byes. didnt pay too much attention to spreading the wealth obviously and it bit me

9.02 Cassell, Matt QB18-KCC 4

12.15 Anderson, Derek QB31-ARI 6

1.02 Johnson, Chris RB02-TEN 9

7.02 Jacobs, Brandon RB29-NYG 8

8.15 Sproles, Darren RB42-SDC 10

10.15 Ward, Derrick RB51-TBB 4

16.15 Mewelde Moore - RB62 PIT 5

2.15 Smith, Steve WR13-CAR 6

4.15 Houshmandzadeh, T.J. WR22-SEA 5

5.02 Harvin, Percy WR23-MIN 4

6.15 Mason, Derrick WR38-BAL 8

11.02 Crayton, Patrick WR61-DAL 4

18.15 Mushin Muhammad - WR96 CAR 6

20.15 Brian Robiskie - WR112 CLE 8

3.02 Davis, Vernon TE04-SFO 9

19.02 Rob Gronkowski TE29 ROOK

13.02 NOS-DEF/ST10 10

14.15 CLE-DEF/ST16 8

15.02 Bironas, Rob PK7 TEN 9

17.02 Josh Scobee - PK25 JAX 9
Weeks 4 and 9 are the scariest from a bye week perspective. I'm hoping Gronkowski finds a nice home before week 9 and the Cardinals let Leinart ride the pine.I like the early bye for Cassel in case the AZ QB situation does not go down like I expect. I may be able to sneak through with 13 teams still alive. I'm also happy with the late bye for SD so Sproles may get more touches in case of a rookie RB.

Other than the double kicker bye, I'm good.

Also, I have no week 7 byes either.

QB - Matt Schaub (7), Alex Smith(9)

Like this pair alot, Schaub give me elite production and Alex Smith has weapons galore, he can smooth out a bad week or two by Schaub.

RB - Ray Rice (8), Ahmad Bradshaw(8), Donald Brown(7), Mike Bell(8), Lynell Hamilton(10)

RayRice I like, my tendency in these is to get 1 guy early then wait and scoop value later. Bradshaw is better than Jacobs and I think Donald Brown shows why the colts drafted him in round1. Mike Bell was a RFA tender by the Eagles, I dont trust McCoy, do you? I think Lynell Hamilton is why they let Bell go. He is my 5th RB so I wont get too excited.

WR - Greg Jennings (10), Hakeem Nicks(8), Lee Evans(6) , Devin Thomas(9), Jacoby Jones(7), Andre Caldwell(6), Mark Clayton(8)

Jennings and Nicks lay a solid foundation as my top2. Lee Evans inconsistency is smoothed out in this format, I love not having to pick his big games. Devin Thomas got a major uptick IMO with McNabb in tow. I think Jacob has more talent then Kevin Walter, not sure why Houston paid him. Andre moves to WR3 in Cincy with the Antonio Bryant news. Solid bunch

TE- Kellen Winslow jr (4), Brandon Pettigrew(7)

Winslow will provide nice production in the 2ppr format. Pettigrew really show flashes last year before the injury, was hoping to scoop up Shawn Nelson as my TE3 as I think Chan Gailey will use him properly. But I missed

K - David Akers(8), Matt Prater(9)

D - San Diego(10), Washington(9)

Solid pair of K's and SD has a super soft schedule I expect Washington D to be better with Shannahan and Better QB play.

Overall I really like this squad, not too many holes.
updated with byes, week 8 is a killer. Need immunity week7. wnt have too many RBs playing and nicks will be off too

My writeup:

QB

Drew Brees (10)

Kevin Kolb (8)

Best set of QB's in the league. I believe Kevin Kolb in the late 9th round is going to be one of the best value picks in this draft.

RB

Felix Jones (4)

Joseph Addai (7)

Ryan Matthews (tbd)

Anthony Dixon (tbd)

Not much in the way of numbers and I'd be lying if I did not say I have to be at least a little concerned about the brittleness of my top two backs but if their health holds up Felix and Addai represent what I believe will be strong 1-2 punch. I think Matthews and Dixon might be the two most NFL ready RB's in this draft. Matthews is almost sure to go somewhere he will play with the worst case being a Chris Wells type situation were he does not get significant playing time until later in the year.

This is a group I don't feel is rock solid. Due to some past injury issues of my top two backs and unpredictability of two rookies this position has a lot of question marks but also a tremendous amount of upside.

WR

Randy Moss (5)

Robert Meachem (10)

Chaz Schilens (10)

Lance Moore (10)

Sammie Straughter (4)

Legedu Naane (10)

Deion Branch (5)

Taylor Price (tbd)

What I lack in quality I tried to make up in quantity. After Moss and completely unreliable group so I have to consider this position a major question mark but I have reasons for optimism. Meachem was the #8 WR the second half of the season and I believe really trailed off in the playoffs due to an injury. Lance Moore should be back healthy this year. Production among Saints WR's will probably be up and down between Henderson, Meachem, and Moore. Having 2 out of this group should hopefully get me production from one of them most weeks and having my top QB throwing to them could help me produce some explosive weeks. Schilens is a guy I've been high on for awhile. Even with Jamarcus throwing to him I think he's a WR3 but he could really take a big step forward with even average QB play. Straughter has a chance to be TB's #1 WR. Naane should start at least a few games when VJ is suspended and with him and Floyd not yet signed it's not even out of the realm of possiblity that he ends up starting period. The Deion Branch pick is one of my favorite picks for me in this draft and a guy I wanted several rounds before I took him but gambled I could get him late. He was producing at the end of the season last year and should be better this year on year two removed from the ACL. I believe he either is the Seahawks starting WR or if they cut him he'll end up on the Broncos, Chiefs or Patriots playing in a system he knows and either starting or playing the slot. Taylor Price was a complete shot in the dark but my goal with him was trying to identify who the Panthers would take in the draft to start opposite Smith. He was my best guess.

All in all it's not a pretty group on paper and while I targeted most of these guys I took the throw enough stuff at the wall and hope some of it sticks philosophy.

TE

John Carlson(5)

Kevin Boss (8)

I like Carlson a lot. As I mentioned earlier he had a better rookie year than pretty much any TE playing today and a better rookie year than any TE I could think off though I'm sure they are out there. He got off to strong start last year before injuries to the OL forced him to block. I don't think that's going to be this case this year as I expect his role to increase. Boss is pure depth and since his production is so TD heavy a much better player in this format were you don't have to select a starting lineup.

If there was one pick in this draft I could do over I'd have taken Witten at 2.2 instead of Brees. The second move I'd have chosen to do over would be taking Celek over Addai in the 4th. This has to do with how I feel about my TE's and the value I saw later at QB and RB versus the value at TE. I don't hate my TE group and think the two of them are at least enough not to kill me. But if Carslon does not pick it up it will be a very mediocore group and could be near the bottom half in TE production.

D

Eagles (8)

Texans (7)

I like both of these D's and feel I should fine at this position. Eagles aggressive D is usually always good for fantasy and getting some injured players back in addition to their stockpile of draft picks I think there defense picks up next year. The Texans have some of the best young defensive talent in the NFL.

K

Kaeding (10)

Graham (TBD)

Graham is a FA but one of the more accurate kickers in the NFL and he'll land a starting spot. Kaeding is usually a top tier K so I should be fine with the two of them.

I think my team can be competitive and even win but I don't love them. Of the main positions only QB is the one that I can reasonably feel my team is going to be outstanding at. RB, WR and TE all have there share of question marks but also some big upside players.
Week 10 is a body blow mainly with no Brees and half my WR's off. Week 7 could be bad if Matthews ends up for the Texans which would put my projected #2 and #3 Rb's off the same week.

WOW - I went from being worried with Frank Gore that Spiller was coming to town to Watching them draft a LT AND a G in round 1...

Great drafting IMO. :popcorn:

Similar to what the Jets did with Mangold/Brick a few years back.

OK - Let me look at these Byes - UGGGHH!!!!!

4.10 Cutler, Jay QB09-CHI 8

10.10 Freeman, Josh QB27-TBB 4

Fine - avoided a lot of QB mess out there

1.07 Gore, Frank RB06-SFO 9

7.07 Tomlinson, LaDanian RB32-NYJ 7

8.10 Williams, RickyRB39-MIA 5

9.07 Best, Javid RB45 DET 7

17.07 Davis, James RB63-CLE 8

Not bad - I think Best winding up in Detroit is an upgrade....

2.10 Johnson, Calvin WR08-DET 7

5.07 Garcon, Pierre WR25-IND 7

6.10 Cotchery, Jerrico WR34-NYJ 7

11.07 Morgan, Josh WR65-SFO 9

12.10 Ginn, Ted WR71-SFO 9

18.10 Michael Jenkins - WR91 ATL 8

19.07 Brandon Tate - WR101 NE 5

20.10 Bryant Johnson - WR109 DET 7

Top 3 WR's all on the same bye. Well, that's not good. :unsure:

3.07 Finley, Jermichael TE06-GBP 10

13.07 Miller, Zach TE23-JAC 9

14.10 NEP-DEF/ST16 5

15.07 Reed, Jeff PK12-PIT 5

16.10 Carpenter, Dan PK22-MIA 5

Well, Two pretty crappy issues - One is the obvious WR issue in week 7... Gonna need some help that week maybe a bye????

Next - My One defense problem gets multiplied by the fact that both my kickers are taking the same week off...

Probably one of my worst Bye week issues since doing these things - Where that Pasquino Bye week thread??????

My writeup:

QB

Drew Brees (10)

Kevin Kolb (8)

RB

Felix Jones (4)

Joseph Addai (7)

Ryan Matthews (10)

Anthony Dixon (tbd)

WR

Randy Moss (5)

Robert Meachem (10)

Chaz Schilens (10)

Lance Moore (10)

Sammie Straughter (4)

Legedu Naane (10)

Deion Branch (5)

Taylor Price (5)

TE

John Carlson(5)

Kevin Boss (8)

D

Eagles (8)

Texans (7)

K

Kaeding (10)

Graham (TBD)

Week 10 is a body blow mainly with no Brees and half my WR's off. Week 7 could be bad if Matthews ends up for the Texans which would put my projected #2 and #3 Rb's off the same week.
Matthews ended up in a good spot and they certainly paid enough for him to think they have big plans. However he adds to my week 10 bye week misery were I'll now be without Brees, Matthews, half my WR's and Kaeding.

I was wrong about Taylor Price ending up in Carolina but he ended up in a huge boom or bust type situation which I'd view as being pretty ideal overall. Bad news is he adds to my week 5 bye week list for WR's and makes it 7 out of my 8 WR's will be off on just 2 bye weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread