What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 1 (1 Viewer)

Gamma1210

Footballguy
To keep the other thread clean.

Easy choice at 4 which is why 3/4 of the captains chose this spot. The less thinking I have to do for my team is probably better.

Easy choice at 4 which is why 3/4 of the captains chose this spot. The less thinking I have to do for my team is probably better.
:banned: I'm looking forward to the 9 spot, right in the middle, not even sure of the strategy here yet. Kind of surprised to see the first 7 picks all RBs.

WOW!Miles Austin in the first :yes:
Yeah, I can truly see the possibility of high reward with Austin in 2010 but, I'm positive he isn't WR3 on my board.ETA: And yeah, you got a sweet pick slot. I prefer the middle picks over any others. I had the #1 in WSL4 this year and I don't think I did too well with it. Now, getting it again, I will try a slightly different approach. I'll see soon enough if I learned any lessons.

Last edited by a moderator:
How kind of you guys to leave me the two most valuable players in the league at 1.16 and 2.01.

:banned:

I wanted Rodgers, but I'll settle for Peyton Manning. By the time it gets back around to me at 3.15 I'd have to settle for Ryan, Palmer, Cutler types.

WOW!Miles Austin in the first :thumbup:
Yeah, I can truly see the possibility of high reward with Austin in 2010 but, I'm positive he isn't WR3 on my board.
Austin & Moss... if these picks were reversed, no one would have batted an eyelash.I've never gone WR/WR in a survivor league, so I'm curious to see how this is going to turn out.
Taking Austin in the 2nd round wouldn't bat an eyelash? :no:

Even discounting the 48+ hours we waited for Woodrow over the weekend, which I really didn't mind, we should be further along than just 22 picks. I truly thought it couldn't get any worse than WSL4 just a few weeks ago, but I was wrong. :sigh:

WOW!Miles Austin in the first :rolleyes:
Yeah, I can truly see the possibility of high reward with Austin in 2010 but, I'm positive he isn't WR3 on my board.
Austin & Moss... if these picks were reversed, no one would have batted an eyelash.I've never gone WR/WR in a survivor league, so I'm curious to see how this is going to turn out.
Taking Austin in the 2nd round wouldn't bat an eyelash? :rolleyes:
Austin's ADP from the WSLs was 2.4 (1.15, 2.1, 2.2 & 2.7)

My wife got pregnant, went to term, delivered the baby, it grew up, got married, and I had a grandchild since my last pick.

This is getting ridiculous. This is the slowest draft ever.

I'll be around all day if anyone wants to bother sending a list.

WOW!Miles Austin in the first ;)
I don't like Moss in the 1st either, but it's a decent duo.I've never gone RB/RB, figured I'd give it a try. Doing a few of these things makes me want to change it up a little.and I apologize for not coming home for lunch yesterday thus most of the day was spent waiting for me, I usually don't take long.

1.01 - Chris Johnson, Ten, RB1
This is the second survivor I own Chris Johnson in and while I considered the other 3 choices very highly, especially Ray Rice who I love, I just think Johnson will again be the #1 overall RB in 2010.
2.16 - Marques Colston, NO, WR13

3.01 - DeSean Jackson, Phi, WR14
After my debacle in WSL4 picking the 2.16/3.01-slots, I had decided right away I would probably go WR/WR here at the turn depending on who was available. I think Colston has great value as a WR1 in this format especially with the offense in NO. He scored 232 points in PDSL last year. In DeSean Jackson I believe I have a strong WR2 no matter who the QB is in Philly, as last year when Kolb played weeks 2 & 3, Jackson scored 21.60 & 26.90 respectively, totaling 253.7 points in PDSL '09. These two should be serviceable enough as long as the byes hold up and both offenses continue to click in 2010.In addition to the WR/WR strategy, and considering I had the time, I had also been vaguely considering WR/RB, WR/QB, WR/TE, QB/RB, QB/TE, QB/QB, RB/RB, RB/TE and TE/TE here at the turn. Not necessarily in that order.

sorry about the delay guys. Like I said - major family crisis involving my insane mother-in-law (who was staying with us until she gets her #### together), going off her meds, pounding about 6 beers by noon, swearing up a storm at the kids, throwing all of her clothes away while pitching a fit on my front lawn, a $150 cab ride to the bus station to take her God knows where, on an empty stomach, with no money, and a dead cell-phone.

And to top it off - my truck is dead on my driveway - won't take a jump. Now, my wife is stuck at home with three kids and no car all day, so I had to deal with that over lunch hour today. Unfortunately, FBG is blocked from work for me during business hours, so I was kind of SOL today.

Not that you guys wanna hear about my drama, just kind of venting a little bit.

I'm assuming my clock is cut in half now, right?

ETA: if I'm due to pick between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, e-mail me at fbgmoleculo at gmail.com - I'd be happy to e-mail in the pick. That would certainly be better than today's fiasco.

Brady/Jackson/Greene

:hey:

I'm hoping that the Jets knew what they were doing when they let Thomas go.

Ruffrodys05 said:
1.01 - Chris Johnson, Ten, RB1
This is the second survivor I own Chris Johnson in and while I considered the other 3 choices very highly, especially Ray Rice who I love, I just think Johnson will again be the #1 overall RB in 2010.
Ruffrodys05 said:
2.16 - Marques Colston, NO, WR13

3.01 - DeSean Jackson, Phi, WR14
After my debacle in WSL4 picking the 2.16/3.01-slots, I had decided right away I would probably go WR/WR here at the turn depending on who was available. I think Colston has great value as a WR1 in this format especially with the offense in NO. He scored 232 points in PDSL last year. In DeSean Jackson I believe I have a strong WR2 no matter who the QB is in Philly, as last year when Kolb played weeks 2 & 3, Jackson scored 21.60 & 26.90 respectively, totaling 253.7 points in PDSL '09. These two should be serviceable enough as long as the byes hold up and both offenses continue to click in 2010.In addition to the WR/WR strategy, and considering I had the time, I had also been vaguely considering WR/RB, WR/QB, WR/TE, QB/RB, QB/TE, QB/QB, RB/RB, RB/TE and TE/TE here at the turn. Not necessarily in that order.
You really should have considered K/D, K/K and D/D

Loving my first three picks...Benson falling into the 3rd is criminal.
Benson ranked 15th in PPG last year. You got him as the 13th RB off the board. He went between 40-42 in all 4 PDSL drafts. I'm guessing his draft spot was pretty close to where it should be, but that's why they play the games . . .

I knew I shouldn't have taken Charles in the 2nd, should have gone Jennings.

Wells falling to my 3rd round pick cements that :no:

so.... we're in round 4, pick #58, meanwhile over in P4, they're in round 10 and 58 WRs have been drafted.

:popcorn:

Roethlesberger, Gore, JStewart, VJackson, and Celek so far. I wasn't a big fan of my VJax pick but liked him more than the alternatives. I probably would have taken him over BMarshall, so getting skipped didn't effect the draft at all. I love that Celek fell to me in the 4th - honestly, I almost took him in the 3rd.

At least the clock will expire before the 12-8 time takes over should Wood not pick before 11:23.

Team lists are up-dated through pick 6.07 in post #13 above.

I will move the list to the following pages as we get there.

Yes, 2 QB's by the end of round 6. I was going to take Kolb @ 7, but with today's news I figured I'd better strike while the iron is hot.

I figure that in a format like this, maintaining a high score @ QB will be imperative - a poor QB score could sink you faster than any other position. Having two QB's, each capable of putting up good numbers any given week, increases odds of a high score significantly.

We'll see how it turns out.

Yes, 2 QB's by the end of round 6. I was going to take Kolb @ 7, but with today's news I figured I'd better strike while the iron is hot. I figure that in a format like this, maintaining a high score @ QB will be imperative - a poor QB score could sink you faster than any other position. Having two QB's, each capable of putting up good numbers any given week, increases odds of a high score significantly.We'll see how it turns out.
I would've picked Kolb next if you didn't

BassNBrew said:
You guys are at the point that you need to knock out about a round a day to finish on time.
We're only one round behind PDSL3 at this point...............unless guys start tailing off, we should be good.I've got no problem with a shortened clock though.

Gamma1210

3.04 - Matt Schaub, HOU, QB7

1.04 - Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac, RB4

6.13 - Reggie Bush, NO, RB31

2.13 - Greg Jennings, GB, WR10

4.13 - TJ Houshmandzadeh, Sea, WR24

5.04 - Braylon Edwards, NYJ, WR27
Really should have taken Forte over Housh. Was away from my computer but thats not really an excuse. Was hoping Jacobs would get to me, he is still a PPG machine. Bush will probably be the same, good PPG but will get hurt at some point. Like the rest of my team so far though. Almost took Finley in the 3rd, but didn't want to worry about bye weeks so early.

moleculo

5.06 - Ben Roethlisberger, Pit, QB11

6.11 - Kevin Kolb, Phi, QB16

1.06 - Frank Gore, SF, RB6

3.06 - Jonathan Stewart, Car, RB11

2.11 - Vincent Jackson, SD, WR9

7.06 Antonio Bryant, WR39

4.11 - Brent Celek, Phi, TE8

I was going to take Bryant, Breaston, or Edelman @ 6.11 before Kolb became urgent, so I'm glad one of them slipped. Frankly, I was having a hard time making up my mind between the three, but was leaning towards Bryant. Obviously, this team isn't complete just yet so it's too soon to judge; I really hope I didn't screw up by abandoning WR's until fairly late. Two QB's before a second WR just doesn't feel right but that's where I am.

Tom Brady, NE, QB5

Steven Jackson, StL, RB7

Shonn Greene, NYJ, RB12

Kenny Britt, Ten, WR23

Percy Harvin, Min, WR28

Devin Hester, Chi, WR35

Devin Thomas, Was, WR40

Not sure what to think here...

Tom Brady, NE, QB5Steven Jackson, StL, RB7Shonn Greene, NYJ, RB12Kenny Britt, Ten, WR23Percy Harvin, Min, WR28Devin Hester, Chi, WR35Devin Thomas, Was, WR40Not sure what to think here...
I think you should see a doctor to have your shoulder looked at. It may be dislocated from the repeated reaches.

Tom Brady, NE, QB5Steven Jackson, StL, RB7Shonn Greene, NYJ, RB12Kenny Britt, Ten, WR23Percy Harvin, Min, WR28Devin Hester, Chi, WR35Devin Thomas, Was, WR40Not sure what to think here...
none of my bidness....just chiming in here for no reason, but your last WR picked may end up being your best with that group....Britt: not a VY fan even tho he and the team played ok late...team will run....VY not a great QB to have throwing to your WRHarvin....decent production, but who knows I see Hester easily being passed by Bennett, Knox, and Arosh this year as the experiment ends.....back to special teams which doesn't help you in this format......like your QB and RB's tho......

I think you should see a doctor to have your shoulder looked at. It may be dislocated from the repeated reaches.
I was ill prepared for this draft.
none of my bidness....just chiming in here for no reason, but your last WR picked may end up being your best with that group....Britt: not a VY fan even tho he and the team played ok late...team will run....VY not a great QB to have throwing to your WRHarvin....decent production, but who knows I see Hester easily being passed by Bennett, Knox, and Arosh this year as the experiment ends.....back to special teams which doesn't help you in this format......like your QB and RB's tho......
Disagree on Hester's role. But the rest of the criticism is valid, including BNB's. I don't like the draft spot I'm in and I've been taking boom or bust players at nearly every pick. Which sometimes works out best in a "best ball" (or whatever you want to call it) scoring format.

Has Thomas gone even close to WR40 this year? Agree with you on Hester. I like Greene a lot, but he's been going in the 3rd rd and this looks like a 2nd round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread