What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 3 Draft Chatter (1 Viewer)

Deranged Hermit

Not cool & Pissed
I really didn't want to start out with two WR, but I couldn't pass up the value. The four picks directly before me shredded my short list (almost in exact order too). Jennings and two other WR were considered at this pick (no RBs were). One other WR would have been the pick had the QB situation been sorted out, but it's not, so I took old reliable.

I debated going with Randy Moss at 1.13 given the WRs that were already off the board but decided to get a solid RB without the RBBC complexities. Imagine my surpirse when Moss was still on the boards at 2.04!! :thumbdown:

Things are starting off well IMHO when you can get a top 5 RB and top 5 WR at the bottom of round 1 and the start of round 2.... I know, I know the season is yet to be played but I can dream... at least until I screw-up my roster later in the draft.

A little surprised that Rivers was the 4th QB selected, but I agree with the logic that with only Sproles and a probable rookie, they are likely to increase their already heavy dosage of passing. That is why Antonio Gates was my choice at 2.11. Oh yeah, he was snagged by Crippler, but the logic is still good.

I also am happy getting Witten, with his 90 catch likelihood in a league where TEs get 2 points per reception.

A little surprised that Rivers was the 4th QB selected, but I agree with the logic that with only Sproles and a probable rookie, they are likely to increase their already heavy dosage of passing. That is why Antonio Gates was my choice at 2.11. Oh yeah, he was snagged by Crippler, but the logic is still good.I also am happy getting Witten, with his 90 catch likelihood in a league where TEs get 2 points per reception.
Witten was going to be my pick. I like him a lot in this scoring system.

Colston and Rice at the 2/3 turn.

Other considerations were the Smiths. Utimately went with the guys with the best QBs and on the best offenses. If Favre retires I might regret this pick, but whoever ends up in Minny should be able to match Moore's output. The other Smith has too much competition for playing time and i don't like his ypc.

Was hoping Brady would fall here, but I usually like how the 1-4 pick teams turn out when they start RB/WR/WR. I have flexibility to take BPA next round with starting roster spots still open.

BassNBrew said:
Colston and Rice at the 2/3 turn.Other considerations were the Smiths. Utimately went with the guys with the best QBs and on the best offenses. If Favre retires I might regret this pick, but whoever ends up in Minny should be able to match Moore's output. The other Smith has too much competition for playing time and i don't like his ypc.Was hoping Brady would fall here, but I usually like how the 1-4 pick teams turn out when they start RB/WR/WR. I have flexibility to take BPA next round with starting roster spots still open.
Rice would have been my choice in the 2nd if Favre had already made up his mind.

1.04 - Ray Rice. Loved the 4th spot as you get a Top 4 RB1 guaranteed. I think Rice is > 4th so this is still a value pick for me.

2.13 - Philip Rivers. Fourth QB off the board, yes, but I knew that some QBs would be going around the corner and I didn't want Brady whom I grabbed in the WSL. Rivers is a solid pick as he never misses time and SD lacks a good run game so he'll put up plenty of points.

3.04 - Steve Smith (NYG) - Thought about TE, but with 3 starting WRs I wanted a top WR before they get too thin. A PPR machine like Steve Smith is a nice guy to build around.

BassNBrew said:
Colston and Rice at the 2/3 turn.Other considerations were the Smiths. Utimately went with the guys with the best QBs and on the best offenses. If Favre retires I might regret this pick, but whoever ends up in Minny should be able to match Moore's output. The other Smith has too much competition for playing time and i don't like his ypc.Was hoping Brady would fall here, but I usually like how the 1-4 pick teams turn out when they start RB/WR/WR. I have flexibility to take BPA next round with starting roster spots still open.
Rice would have been my choice in the 2nd if Favre had already made up his mind.
I think the McNabb rumors pushed me off the fence.

1.04 - Ray Rice. Loved the 4th spot as you get a Top 4 RB1 guaranteed. I think Rice is > 4th so this is still a value pick for me.2.13 - Philip Rivers. Fourth QB off the board, yes, but I knew that some QBs would be going around the corner and I didn't want Brady whom I grabbed in the WSL. Rivers is a solid pick as he never misses time and SD lacks a good run game so he'll put up plenty of points.3.04 - Steve Smith (NYG) - Thought about TE, but with 3 starting WRs I wanted a top WR before they get too thin. A PPR machine like Steve Smith is a nice guy to build around.
I had Smith typed in but changed to Colston at the last second. Smith may only end up being the second best WR on his team. Even if he duplicates last year, the end of his season scared me.11 NYG ATL 0 0 0 8 4 79 0 7.9 [play-by-play] 12 NYG DEN 0 0 0 11 7 71 0 7.1 [play-by-play] 13 NYG DAL 0 0 0 13 6 110 0 11.0 [play-by-play] 14 NYG PHI 0 0 0 10 7 74 0 7.4 [play-by-play] 15 NYG WAS 0 0 0 7 5 40 1 10.0 [play-by-play] 16 NYG CAR 0 0 0 9 7 70 1 13.0 [play-by-play] 17 NYG MIN 0 0 0 12 10 57 0 5.7 [play-by-play] ypc catch roughly are 20, 10, 18, 10, 8, 10, 6. Only two TDs in that strech and one 100 yard game. He'll give you reliable scoring with all those catches, but I was concerned about that lack of punch to post monster games. Good selections at WR4/5/6 as a committee could challenge those type of numbers. That said, he's the type of guy who you can rely on to keep you out of the celler each week.I would take Rice before ADP and MJD. I did the Rivers thing in WSL1 and it really got me out of sync with the rest of the league. Going WR rather than TE or RB in the 3rd helped remedy that problem and leaves you some flexibility to make some value picks later.

I threw the dice big time here, plain and simple. IMO the QB value fell off the cliff after Schaub, so I had to go there.

I threw the dice big time here, plain and simple. IMO the QB value fell off the cliff after Schaub, so I had to go there.
Don't see that as a dice roll at all. I see a huge value drop after him. He was easily at the top of draft board. :thumbup: for a solid pick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see that as a dice roll at all. I see a huge value drop after him. He was easily at the top of draft board. :football: for a solid pick!
There were literally five players I was looking at: Schaub, Boldin (who you took next), a TE and two RBs. IMO, in a 16 man draft, you have to try to take the BPA. Yeah, that'll leave you a little thin at a position, but the depth you build at others will make up for that. Hell, for 7 years I played in a 20 team league that started 3 RBs and 4 WR. THAT was a thin draft. :unsure:

I think the 4th spot is the best when you can get Rice in a ppr league.

RB, RB, WR

May be the only drafter who went RB, RB in the first two rounds, how times have changed. Almost went RB, RB RB but I felt 85 was one of the last on his tier and didn't think he'd be back to me in the 4th.

1.03 MJD: I am not as high on Ray Rice as others this year. Could be totally off base, but MJD doesn't seem to have guys the caliber of McGahee and McClain breathing down his neck and stealing carries, especially at the goaline. McGahee looked really good at times last year and I think his play will warrant more time on the field for Baltimore. That for me was the deciding factor of MJD over Rice. Bottom line.....if McGahee didn't look so good at times last year, I might have gone with Rice.

2.14 Tom Brady: Was really happy to see Brady here. I think he will be slightly undervalued this year in most leagues. In some leagues he will slide a few more spots than he should allowing an owner to scoop him up and then also reap the benefits on the way back with their next pick. It is not out of the question that Brady returns to the top QB in the league. Welker's injury hurts, but NE will still throw a ton and they will have guys to throw to, and it doesn't really matter what the name is on the back of the jersey. Brady is the strength of this team, not the running game. I see him throwing 35+ times a game, that's all I care about. When Jeff took Rivers it made this pick pretty easy. RC and Bass did not have a QB. I am not a Romo guy and to me Brady is a little safer than Schaub. Schaub had a great year last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he took a couple steps backward this year. I see a pretty big dropoff after the top 6 this year, so getting Brady was an easy pick and he should be able to keep me in the hunt most weeks.

3.03 Vernon Davis: A very pivotal pick. In the top of the third, this is where you have to make a decision about what direction you head. What position are you going to sacrifice? In most leagues, it is not an issue, but with 2ppr for the TE, it becomes an issue. I actually had a ton of thoughts here. Actually considered Schaub for a second, just to #### with people. RB was not really a consideration here, although I took a look. WR was definatley a thought. Boldin kept staring at me. Smith/NYG a little....those were the only two I really cosidered. I took a look at TE. Had my pick of Finley, Gonzo, Davis and Celek who I considered the only ones worthy of this pick. I actually had Boldin's name typed in here and was going to tank the TE position.....but then really thought about Balt being a run first team and this being Boldin's first year with a new team. I think Boldin is going to be a great fit in Balt, but I talked myself out of it. In the end what won is that I thought I would rather have potentially the top guy at the TE spot over a decent WR. I think Davis finished 4th in scoring overall last year in this format (I could be wrong) and I do expect him to come back to earth a little, but even if he does, there should still be solid numbers. I see him as option 1b to Crabtree's 1a and he has the physical skills to be a playmaker. I think Singletary's toughness has brought out the player that we all thought was inside VD. Gonzo really wasn't a thought here and I love Finley, but he has more competiton for recptions. Celek would have actually been the guy I may have taken instead although I also see other competition for receptions there.

WR will be quantity over quality and will be addressed with the next two picks unless some crazy value drops somewhere at other positions. Bass is sitting behind me with two WR's on board and no QB and no TE, however I know that doesn't mean much, he will still take a WR if it is the right pick, especially since we start 3, and especially since the top QB's and TE's will be picked through by the time it gets back to him. RC has one WR and could go a ton of directions. I like the spot I am in as I could potentially have the 3 top scorers at their positions. I have pretty much committed to going WR/WR with the next two picks, which I really don't like having to commit too, but that is what happens when I go TE here. But then again, I may not.

1.03 MJD: I am not as high on Ray Rice as others this year. Could be totally off base, but MJD doesn't seem to have guys the caliber of McGahee and McClain breathing down his neck and stealing carries, especially at the goaline. McGahee looked really good at times last year and I think his play will warrant more time on the field for Baltimore. That for me was the deciding factor of MJD over Rice. Bottom line.....if McGahee didn't look so good at times last year, I might have gone with Rice.2.14 Tom Brady: Was really happy to see Brady here. I think he will be slightly undervalued this year in most leagues. In some leagues he will slide a few more spots than he should allowing an owner to scoop him up and then also reap the benefits on the way back with their next pick. It is not out of the question that Brady returns to the top QB in the league. Welker's injury hurts, but NE will still throw a ton and they will have guys to throw to, and it doesn't really matter what the name is on the back of the jersey. Brady is the strength of this team, not the running game. I see him throwing 35+ times a game, that's all I care about. When Jeff took Rivers it made this pick pretty easy. RC and Bass did not have a QB. I am not a Romo guy and to me Brady is a little safer than Schaub. Schaub had a great year last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he took a couple steps backward this year. I see a pretty big dropoff after the top 6 this year, so getting Brady was an easy pick and he should be able to keep me in the hunt most weeks.3.03 Vernon Davis: A very pivotal pick. In the top of the third, this is where you have to make a decision about what direction you head. What position are you going to sacrifice? In most leagues, it is not an issue, but with 2ppr for the TE, it becomes an issue. I actually had a ton of thoughts here. Actually considered Schaub for a second, just to #### with people. RB was not really a consideration here, although I took a look. WR was definatley a thought. Boldin kept staring at me. Smith/NYG a little....those were the only two I really cosidered. I took a look at TE. Had my pick of Finley, Gonzo, Davis and Celek who I considered the only ones worthy of this pick. I actually had Boldin's name typed in here and was going to tank the TE position.....but then really thought about Balt being a run first team and this being Boldin's first year with a new team. I think Boldin is going to be a great fit in Balt, but I talked myself out of it. In the end what won is that I thought I would rather have potentially the top guy at the TE spot over a decent WR. I think Davis finished 4th in scoring overall last year in this format (I could be wrong) and I do expect him to come back to earth a little, but even if he does, there should still be solid numbers. I see him as option 1b to Crabtree's 1a and he has the physical skills to be a playmaker. I think Singletary's toughness has brought out the player that we all thought was inside VD. Gonzo really wasn't a thought here and I love Finley, but he has more competiton for recptions. Celek would have actually been the guy I may have taken instead although I also see other competition for receptions there. WR will be quantity over quality and will be addressed with the next two picks unless some crazy value drops somewhere at other positions. Bass is sitting behind me with two WR's on board and no QB and no TE, however I know that doesn't mean much, he will still take a WR if it is the right pick, especially since we start 3, and especially since the top QB's and TE's will be picked through by the time it gets back to him. RC has one WR and could go a ton of directions. I like the spot I am in as I could potentially have the 3 top scorers at their positions. I have pretty much committed to going WR/WR with the next two picks, which I really don't like having to commit too, but that is what happens when I go TE here. But then again, I may not.
The value right now is at RB, so even though you need WR's to me the value is at RB which is another position you need.

"The value right now is at RB, so even though you need WR's to me the value is at RB which is another position you need."

agreed, but it might not look as good in about 26 picks or so....we'll see...

I agree. Was hoping one of them would slip to me, but that didn't happen. The next 4 or 5 WR's all have ????s or legal issues, so I went with what I believe is an under-rated (in PPR at least) RB in McCoy. Wasn't expecting to take 2 RB's in first three rounds of ANY draft this year.

renesauz said:
I agree. Was hoping one of them would slip to me, but that didn't happen. The next 4 or 5 WR's all have ????s or legal issues, so I went with what I believe is an under-rated (in PPR at least) RB in McCoy. Wasn't expecting to take 2 RB's in first three rounds of ANY draft this year.
I drafted McCoy in WSL 1 and thought that I got great value. I truly hope that you did here as that will bode well for my WSL squad. I grabbed McCoy at 5.14, two full rounds later, but probably before Westbrook was released.

renesauz said:
I drafted McCoy in WSL 1 and thought that I got great value. I truly hope that you did here as that will bode well for my WSL squad. I grabbed McCoy at 5.14, two full rounds later, but probably before Westbrook was released.
5.14 now would be a steal I think

RBs seem to been moving back up in general across all the leagues. Felix Jones has moved up 1.5 rounds too.

My team is okay. Wayne was easy pick for me. I see a big dropoff between him and the WR's taken in round 4 compared to Jackson vs Addai.

I was looking at Boldin or CHad in the 3rd but both were gone. I like Beanie alot so rolled the dice as I feel he can be as good as Peterson at the top of the draft.

Gates was due to the 2 pts per reception so went different than last draft.

Looks like QBBC this time around

I was very happy to see Ronnie Brown still there. I wanted Addai, McCoy or Brown here and after McCoy and Addai went off the board, my butt clenched a little. I didn't want to reach for the next RB on my list and taking him in the 4th would have been a reach.

OD went too early - damn. That was who I was counting on for my 4th pick. KW2 not a terrible alternative but still would have preferred the big Texan target.

Oh well, QB/RB/WR/TE so far, plenty of options.

OD went too early - damn. That was who I was counting on for my 4th pick. KW2 not a terrible alternative but still would have preferred the big Texan target.Oh well, QB/RB/WR/TE so far, plenty of options.
I was looking hard at KW2. With all the teams needing RB's though, I couldn't chance passing on Brown. I was hoping KW would drop, but I knew he wouldn't.

Jeff Pasquino said:
QB - RiversRB - Ray RiceWR - Steve Smith (NYG), Donald DriverTE - KW2Decent start.
Ya, good start.QB-E. ManningRB- F. Gore, J. StewartWR- Ocinco and Mike Sims WalkerEli Manning (my last pick 5.08) is pretty solid in this format. He finished 10th (according to the FBG player page) last year, had over 4000 yards passing, is a mini version of his brother in terms of not missng games which is huge in this format, hasn't finished worse than 14th in QB's in that time so he's a model of consistancy and won't get you beat (famous last words I'm sure).

BassNBrew said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Deranged Hermit said:
Hines Ward
strong pick .. surprised he lasted that long
He kind of tailed off at the end of the season. Not sure why, but I didn;t want to risk that becoming a trend.
But yet you risk taking a 2nd WR on the same team of a QB that says he's retired :lmao: There's no risk there! :fishing:
I thought about that as well as the bye issue. Between Favre/McNabb/Sage/Jackson there will be someone on the field that will get these guys the ball. Harvin could do something with dump off passes. For me it came down to chosing a player on the rise v. one that will be falling soon. It was a tough decision as Ward is a worker, but the end of the year stats were a concern. Also what happens if Big Ben misses time due to his legal issues?

Jeff Pasquino said:
QB - RiversRB - Ray RiceWR - Steve Smith (NYG), Donald DriverTE - KW2Decent start.
Ya, good start.QB-E. ManningRB- F. Gore, J. StewartWR- Ocinco and Mike Sims WalkerEli Manning (my last pick 5.08) is pretty solid in this format. He finished 10th (according to the FBG player page) last year, had over 4000 yards passing, is a mini version of his brother in terms of not missng games which is huge in this format, hasn't finished worse than 14th in QB's in that time so he's a model of consistancy and won't get you beat (famous last words I'm sure).
I think manniing was an ecellent pick. Briefly thought about pairing him with Cutler at the last turn but didn't want to lose my fleibility later in the draft. Your picks have been outstanding in the last three rounds.

QB:

RB: Benson, Fred Jackson, Jacobs

WR: Fitzgerald, Marshall

TE: Daniels

This team's longevity will be determined by how QB is addressed and depth at RB/WR. But, I do like the start so far.

QB: Schaub

RB: R. Brown

WR: AJ, Jennings, Ward

TE:

K:

D:

Really happy so far. I still need to address TE, but that will fall in to place. Lots of RBs I still like. All-in-all, I'm pleased.

QB: Brees

RB: Grant

WR: R White, D Bowe, TJ Housh

TE:

K:

D:

It's got play. When Fitz and Wayne went right before my #1 pick, the choice for me was either Brees or CJ...decided to try a new approach.

:sadbanana:

Jeff Pasquino said:
I think manniing was an ecellent pick. Briefly thought about pairing him with Cutler at the last turn but didn't want to lose my fleibility later in the draft. Your picks have been outstanding in the last three rounds.
Thanks, and I obviously like those Vikings receivers, what's not to like. Just giving you a hard time, somebody has to! :shrug:

5.07 Favre QB 11

1.07 Turner RB 6

2.10 D. Jackson WR 10

4.10 Garcon WR22

3.07 Finley TE 5

Looking at how this draft broke down, the pick at 1.07 had to be WR 2, Fitzgerald or Wayne. I don't like Turner or Gore that high in PPR. D. Jackson at 2.10 has good value, but WR2 in the first round and any of the RB12-20 that were available at 2.10 is a safer play than Turner or Gore or any of the RB available after the first four. A top 6 TE was the goal at 3.07 and Finley was the one I had targeted. Garcon in the 4th was BWRA IMO. A solid QB at 5.07 . Either Favre or Eli worked here for me. Flacco and Ryan would have been usable. I felt a mini-QB run coming before my 6th round pick and I needed to fill a need. Next up round 6 BPA.

I love the Finley and Brett pick`s. Brett was all loaded in. I knew FInley would not make it back to 3.10. I might have gone another WR or QB in round 2 if I knew it would happen.

One issue with almost any pick. I would have loved to be able to go QB in round 2 and TE In round 3 but position 10 does not lead to that. 5 spot might have lead to Wayne, RIvers, Finley, RB, WR, RB instead in the end. Who knows

I am pretty happy with the 6 of Beanie, Addai, Wayne, Edwards, Maclin and Gates. Pretty solid but will weak QB kill the start. MIght have to sit with 3 in the end. Wait and see

Team rzrback77

QB - Roethlisberger & McNabb

RB - Steven Jackson

WR- Boldin & S. Moss

TE - Witten

Like the beginning of this roster. QB is important cog on these rosters with the scoring and the uncertainty. I like having two solid guys and will accept the risk associated with these two. Also like having a solid TE with the two point ppr. Definitely need to add depth at WR and RB. Hope that you guys allow one or two to drop to me.

It will be tough on me tomorrow, if this gets back quickly to me. Will do my best to keep abrest of the picks.

Rodgers

Charles and Pierre

Holmes and Meachem

Olsen

Hmmm... I really messed up with the Pierre/Meachem combo. I hate taking two guys from the same team without knowing other bye weeks. That's what I get for drafting from my cell phone. Overall guess it has a shot. Just need a few other pieces to feel really good about it. I'm landing Holmes and Pierre in any league I can get them this year.

RodgersCharles and PierreHolmes and MeachemOlsenHmmm... I really messed up with the Pierre/Meachem combo. I hate taking two guys from the same team without knowing other bye weeks. That's what I get for drafting from my cell phone. Overall guess it has a shot. Just need a few other pieces to feel really good about it. I'm landing Holmes and Pierre in any league I can get them this year.
Yeah this team is easily one I would not like. You have drafted most of my I dont want on my roster team :) . Rodgers and Holmes being the only exceptions. The rest I would not touch at there ADP

1.04 - Jeff Pasquino - Ray Rice, BAL, RB4

2.13 - Jeff Pasquino - Philip Rivers, SD, QB4

3.04 - Jeff Pasquino - Steve Smith, NYG, WR15

4.13 - Jeff Pasquino - Kellen Winslow, Jr, TB, TE9

5.04 - Jeff Pasquino - Donald Driver, GB, WR25

6.13 - Jeff Pasquino - Antonio Bryant, CIN, WR34

7.04 - Jeff Pasquino - Ryan Mathews, ROOK, RB32

QB - Rivers

RB - Ray Rice, Ryan Mathews

WR - Steve Smith (NYG), Driver, Antonio Bryant

TE - KW2

:towelwave:

Antonio Bryant, WR, CIN
Solid pick. Was hoping he would slide to me.
6.16 Chris Cooley - TE WAS
7.1 Ahmad Bradshaw - RB NYG
Yeah, based on my reading of your tea leaves, my :shrug: meter was going off. No way you'd take WR4 over RB2 or TE when you had that big of a need at both.
I would have taken Bryant there over Bradshaw. Definately was going TE if Cooley was there, but if that tier had been cleared i would have waited. Based on past drafts, the WR pool will be thin when this comes back to me. By thin I mean most of the solid choices gone and a huge pool of sleeper mat'l that will be around for several rounds left.

` I would have taken Bryant there over Bradshaw. Definately was going TE if Cooley was there, but if that tier had been cleared i would have waited. Based on past drafts, the WR pool will be thin when this comes back to me. By thin I mean most of the solid choices gone and a huge pool of sleeper mat'l that will be around for several rounds left.
Fair enough - but based on what I saw I expected several WRs to go between my two picks.

*sigh* Cooley was oing to be my pick there, so I elected to go for more depth at RB. Hopefully HOU doesn't grab a RB in the 1st or nd and totally f' this pick up.

The QB16 pricetag for Kolb looks pretty good right now :thumbup:
NOt as good as he looked in other drafts where he dropped further. Even though he was on my radar. I knew McNabb would be traded but was just shocked to see it as the Redskins and playiing twice a year. I wonder if this is a good thing for Kolb or not. Does this put even more pressure on him in the end as they battle for the division.

QB Flacco

RB Mendenhall, Forte

WR R. Moss, Welker, Royal

TE Gonzalez

QB - Flacco should continue his progression of skill performance. The addition of a new weapon in Boldin will help that along.

RB - Solid pair in Mendenhall and Forte. With Parker gone now Mendenhall becomes the main ball carrier in Pittsburgh. Will need to wait and see what role Forte will have in Martz's new offense in Chicago.

WR - Not sure what to think about two WRs from the same team, especially one recovering from a knee injury. But NE will continue to throw the ball behind Brady and if Welker is back early in the season then this tandem of WRs will be solid. Hopefully Royal bounces back from a poor year last year.

TE - I expect Gonzo to have at least another year or two in him to contribute in the Falcon's offense.

1.04 - Jeff Pasquino - Ray Rice, BAL, RB4

2.13 - Jeff Pasquino - Philip Rivers, SD, QB4

3.04 - Jeff Pasquino - Steve Smith, NYG, WR15

4.13 - Jeff Pasquino - Kellen Winslow, Jr, TB, TE9

5.04 - Jeff Pasquino - Donald Driver, GB, WR25

6.13 - Jeff Pasquino - Antonio Bryant, CIN, WR34

7.04 - Jeff Pasquino - Ryan Mathews, ROOK, RB32

QB - Rivers

RB - Ray Rice, Ryan Mathews

WR - Steve Smith (NYG), Driver, Antonio Bryant

TE - KW2

:bag:
Starting lineup is intact, so let's discuss it a bit.Rd1 - Rice. Easy pick. Would have taken whichever Big 4 RB was left.

Rd2 - Tough choice, but I felt that the 2/3 turn would go QB heavy, so I wanted a Top 5 QB for a team without a solid ground game, so I took Rivers. He never gets hurt it seems so that's another plus.

Rd3 - Have to get a WR, so I take Steve Smith, NYG. Not the SS I would have preferred, but he's a reliable PPR receiver. A solid WR1 isn't a bad thing, and I can go for bigger play guys later.

Rd4 - Wanted OD as my TE (thanks so much, Jeff.....) but I'll take KW2 just fine. A big target for a young QB on a team with diddly squat at WR. Seems reasonable.

Rd5 - Again, I thought that the teams behind my 4th pick would go TE, so I had to go TE/WR instead of WR/TE. Seemed that I was right that on TE went and I think some wanted KW2 behind me, so glad I grabbed him there. Driver? Yes he's old. But he's starting for Aaron Rodgers' GB Packers, which is a really good gig right now. Solid choice. Harvin might have been a consideration at WR2, but I'm OK with Driver as my WR2 to complete solid WR1-WR2 punch.

Rd6 - Looks like multi WRs will go at 6/7 turn so I grab a WR here (Antonio Bryant) to complete my starting 3-wides. AB is a big play receiver in a new spot, but I think he's going to be the deep guy for CIN as 85 is more used in the first 10-15 yards. Kind of a role reversal for when 85 went deep and TJ Housh was the PPR machine.

Rd7 - Needed a RB2 to complete my lineup, so take the rookie in Mathews. Considered to be a Top 3 rookie and most likely a Rd 1 NFL Draft prospect, I expect HOU or SD to grab him near the bottom of the first and put him right into a 200-touch situation as a RBBC / starter. I'll take that for sure in Round 7.

Users who are viewing this thread