What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL2 discussion (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
Might as well get something started even though not much to discuss just yet :confused:

Current Rosters:

Jeff T

QB--Romo

RB--Chris Johnson, J. Harrison

WR--S. Smith (Car), Garcon, Cotchery

TE--Shiancoe

Yellow Line --

QB--Brady

RB--ADP

WR--Colston, Housh, Driver

TE--Cooley, Keller

Blue-Kun

QB--Palmer

RB--MJD, Stewart

WR--S. Smith (NYG), Breaston, H. Ward, Harvin

TE--

Jeter23

QB--McNabb

RB--Rice, Bradshaw

WR--Jennings, Nicks, Britt

TE--VD

DUke1948

QB--M. Ryan

RB--Grant, Jacobs

WR--AJ, DeSean, Dez Bryant

TE--Daniels

Shadowfax

QB--Schaub

RB--Gore, Barber

WR--S. Rice, Maclin, Chambers

TE--Winslow

The Future Champs

QB--Flacco

RB--Mendy, J. Charles

WR--MSW, D. Mason, Manningham

TE--Celek

Bus Man

QB--Rivers

RB--SJax, Fred Jackson

WR--Boldin, Meachem, Bess

TE--Z. Miller

John Doe

QB--Eli, Leinart

RB--Turner, Addai

WR--VJax, Crabtree, Avery

TE--H. Miller

Bloom

QB--Peyton

RB--Benson, R. Bush, D. Brown

WR--Fitz, Braylon, Hester

TE--Gonzo

Radballs

QB--Favre, VY

RB--Moreno, Forte, LT

WR--Wayne, Bowe

TE--Witten

OldMilwaukee

QB--Cutler, A. Smith

RB--Ronnie, DMac

WR--R. Moss, Roddy, Holmes

TE--Olsen

Doowain

QB--Garrard

RB--Beanie, Spiller, Caddy

WR--Austin, Chad, Lee Evans

TE--Gates

Sinrman

QB--Rodgers

RB--Greene, McCoy, Sproles

WR--A. Bryant, TO, Roy Williams

TE--D. Clark

Fullback Fro

QB--Brees, Stafford

RB--Felix, Mathews

WR--Calvin, S. Moss, E. Royal

TE--Finley

Gianmarco

QB--Big Ben

RB--DeAngelo, P. Thomas

WR--Marshall, Welker, Edelman, Schilens

TE--Carlson

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much to talk about with my team.

RB: Turner

WR: Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree

Went with the top player on my board in round 1 with Turner. Hoped that Manning would fall in round 2 but Bloom had the same idea, so I went with WR. Had a decision to make in round 3 and went with Crabtree's upside instead of Holmes. I thought hard about taking Holmes, but was scared off by Big Ben's issues and Holmes recent off the field news.

Hated these last 2 picks. Getting sniped at TE right before I went was a bummer for sure.

At QB, Ben offers the most upside of the guys left, IMO, with some risk due to his current situation. I doubt it has any effect in 2010 so it was worth it here. The next pick had a TON of choices to me that were all about the same. I went with who I felt was both relatively safe (should score 200 pts rather easily again) with significant upside if he finally starts to get more work. I've loved his talent and I'm hoping this year he finally gets to showcase it. Felix Jones (who went next) was another I looked at but I felt he was far too risky compared to Pierre with similar upside.

no longer having Bell around has to help the P. Thomas pick too one would think...
That was definitely part of it. I think PT can coexist with Bush and still put up very good #'s. It was Bell's 172 carries that held him back the most, IMO. I don't see Hamilton taking that much of the pie and I honestly don't see New Orleans bringing anyone else that will seriously cut into his workload either.Still, I hated both of these picks as I think they're both "reaches", but given what was left, not sure I had much more of a choice. Any pick was going to be a reach here.

Hated these last 2 picks. Getting sniped at TE right before I went was a bummer for sure. At QB, Ben offers the most upside of the guys left, IMO, with some risk due to his current situation. I doubt it has any effect in 2010 so it was worth it here. The next pick had a TON of choices to me that were all about the same. I went with who I felt was both relatively safe (should score 200 pts rather easily again) with significant upside if he finally starts to get more work. I've loved his talent and I'm hoping this year he finally gets to showcase it. Felix Jones (who went next) was another I looked at but I felt he was far too risky compared to Pierre with similar upside.
Thomas is a great choice. I probably would have taken him over McCoy if he lasted to my 4.03 pick. Only concern is durability.

Loving how my team is turning out, so far. I'm trying something a little different. I will be hurting badly at WR, but with what I had available when it was my turn, I thought there was better value at other positions. Clark is absolutely huge in this format. Rodgers should be huge. LT will steal touches from Greene, but no Thomas Jones leaves a lot of upside. I was hoping for Beanie, but he was sniped right before my pick. Next time around, I was thinking WR, but didn't like the choices I had. I liked the upside more with McCoy. Bell will steal carries from him, but no Westbrook helps.

QB: Carson Palmer

RB: MJD, Johnathan Stewart

WR: Steve Smith (NYG), Hines Ward, Percy Harvin, Steve Breaston

Actual thoughts - My goal for the draft was to get 4 WR by the end of round 7, so mission accomplished there. The quality of said WR's is slightly lower than I was hoping for, mostly because of Hines disappearing EOY numbers, but hopefully that isn't the sign of a trend. Steve Smith and Harvin I have high expectations for this year though. Breaston just seemed like the WR left on the board with a sure job and in a situation where he'll see a lot of balls thrown his way. The QB situation is awkward to say the least, but I suspect at some point they'll get somebody to just lob it down the field while playing from behind most of the time.

5.16 Wes Welker, WR, NE

6.1 Julian Edelman, WR, NE

So, this is definitely a gamble. But, while using 2 picks, I feel this has the potential to give me 1st/2nd round return, especially with best ball format. We'll see if this ends up hurting me.

5.16 Wes Welker, WR, NE6.1 Julian Edelman, WR, NESo, this is definitely a gamble. But, while using 2 picks, I feel this has the potential to give me 1st/2nd round return, especially with best ball format. We'll see if this ends up hurting me.
I was looking at doing the same if the pair made it to the other end of the draft

5.16 Wes Welker, WR, NE6.1 Julian Edelman, WR, NESo, this is definitely a gamble. But, while using 2 picks, I feel this has the potential to give me 1st/2nd round return, especially with best ball format. We'll see if this ends up hurting me.
I'm not near the ends to really ensure it would work but it did cross my mind. I just didn't want to do it at the 4/5 turn. I'd also feel more comfortable doing this as my WR3, not WR2. So I was definitely looking at doing this if Welker made it to my next pick.Depending on how the rest of your draft goes and if you don't feel like you're trying to catch up, it shouldn't hurt you. At this point, it's probably worth the risk. Then again, you don't have the most stable team out there...but why buck a trend and go safe now? Go for broke.

I'm not near the ends to really ensure it would work but it did cross my mind. I just didn't want to do it at the 4/5 turn. I'd also feel more comfortable doing this as my WR3, not WR2. So I was definitely looking at doing this if Welker made it to my next pick.Depending on how the rest of your draft goes and if you don't feel like you're trying to catch up, it shouldn't hurt you. At this point, it's probably worth the risk. Then again, you don't have the most stable team out there...but why buck a trend and go safe now? Go for broke.
Just curious....what's "unstable" about my current roster other than my QB possibly facing a jail sentence?

Just curious....what's "unstable" about my current roster other than my QB possibly facing a jail sentence?
Im guessing her reffering to the facts that:Ben Roeth - jail?DeAngelo - RBBCPierre Thomas - RBBC, Team predicted to grab a RB in the draftWes Welker - Busted Knee, Edelman - ?Marshal - knucklehead (trade likely, always a suspension risk)But this is just a guess.

Im guessing her reffering to the facts that:Ben Roeth - jail?DeAngelo - RBBCPierre Thomas - RBBC, Team predicted to grab a RB in the draftWes Welker - Busted Knee, Edelman - ?Marshal - knucklehead (trade likely, always a suspension risk)But this is just a guess.
Well, when you put it that way.......

something like that.

Jeter23

QB--McNabb, Henne

RB--Rice, Bradshaw, Lynch

WR--Jennings, Nicks, Britt

TE--VD

This looks much different than my normal survivor league team at this point in the draft. I normally would go with a QB fairly early (round 3 or higher). I was really hoping Brady fell to me, and when he didn't, I did not like the value of Schaub at that point and decided to wait. I was happy to get McNabb. As far as QB2, I was at the end of that huge run and wanted Kolb or even Stafford. Neither really came close to making it to me and I grabbed Henne. I think that could end up being a wasted pick. :lmao:

At RB, I love the value Lynch provided and I see a bounce back year for him. Wanted Jacobs or MB3 as my RB2, but settled for Bradshaw since, again, I was at the end of a run.

WR is very different. I would normally have 2 stud WRs and a solid vet like a Ward or Driver. This time, I reached somewhat for Jennings and then grabbed 2 sophs that I hope continue their play from the end of last year. If either falters, I will have an early exit.

Getting the stud TE early is what really made the difference. It seems like I am always the last to draft a TE. Most times that does not work so well, but sometimes it pays off. Last year, I chose Scheffler and was iffy about that. Because of that, I took a chance on Vernon Davis in the late rounds. Obviously, that helped me win the title. This time, he cost a LOT more.

Rosters listed in OPSo far, the following teams looking pretty strong to me: Duke, Jeff T, JohnDoe
I will comment on my team. I don't think of it as being real strong. QB: I took Leinart to pair with Eli as he appeared to be the best available option. There is some downside, but the upside will be similar to A. Rodgers' 2008 season. That strengthens my QB posistion and allows me to conentrate on RB/WR/TE going forward.RB is not really strong. There is talk in Atlanta about managing Turner's workload. That will hurt his value. Addai right now is strickly in a RBBC, but he does function well in that capactiy. I have my eye on a couple of later round backs that should improve this somewhat, but I am really going to have to hit it big.WR: Between V Jax, Crabtree and Avery I should be ok. But again, what I dig up with my next two receivers is going to go a long way in determining how far I go. I have my work cut out for me here.TE: Not real excited about Heath Miller. I hope that I can find a decent TE2.

Bus ManQB--Rivers, OrtonRB--SJax, Fred JacksonWR--Boldin, Meachem, BessTE--Z. Miller
Not my best work, but still a ways to go to attempt to cover my weak spots (WR, TE). Grabbing Orton over Kolb was just plain thoughtless and bone-headed :sadbanana: . Dude wasn't even on my radar.

QB--Romo, Sanchez

RB--Chris Johnson, J. Harrison

WR--S. Smith (Car), Garcon, Cotchery, Wallace

TE--Shiancoe

Still a long ways to go. Glad to get a QB2 and an upside WR4. I almost took Wallace over Cotchery last go around.

Rankings so far:

BEST QB'S

1. Fullback Fro (Brees and Matthew Stafford)

2. Bloom (Peyton and Freeman)

3. BusMan (Rivers and Orton)

4. Shadowfax (Schaub and Matt Moore)

BEST RB'S

1. BK (MJD, J. Stewart, Chester Taylor)

2. JohnDoe (Turner, Addai, J. Forsett)

3. Jeff T. (Chris Johnson, Jerome Harrison)

4. gianmarco (D-Will, Pierre Thomas)

Have no idea how to rank: The Future Champs (Mendenhall & Jamal Charles)

I'm not sold on Mendenhall being -that good- and his PPG isn't amazing. I do like Jamal Charles a lot, but KC signed Thomas Jones so we'll have to see how much of an impact that has on Charles role.

BEST WR'S

1. Old M. (R. Moss, R. White, Holmes)

2. Shadowfax (S. Rice, Maclin, Chambers)

3. Duke1948 (AJ, DeSean, Dez Bryant)

4. Bloom (Fitz, Braylon, Hester)

Have no idea how to rank: Sinrman (A. Bryant, TO, Roy Williams)

WR Core could be the best in the league and the best value or completely blow up in Sinrman's face.

BEST TE'S

Kinda silly to do at this point since nearly much everyone only has one. Just take the top 4 TE's on your personal rankings and insert them to those teams.

I'll do worst later.

I can't believe it came down to Sam Bradford. I wasn't expecting that QB run at all. That got ugly really fast.

As for Ricky, well, there just isn't much left elsewhere that I see contributing a lot. Ricky is no exception, unfortunately. This spot in the draft sucks, btw. I keep getting on the tail of runs with the last guys in tiers being plucked away right before me.

QB--Romo, SanchezRB--Chris Johnson, J. HarrisonWR--S. Smith (Car), Garcon, Cotchery, WallaceTE--ShiancoeStill a long ways to go. Glad to get a QB2 and an upside WR4. I almost took Wallace over Cotchery last go around.
Many are really high on Wallace this year and there might be a good reason but I think the whole Pitt passing game is way too risky right now, especially Wallace at 8/9 turn and double especially at the 6/7 turn. I think there is a good chance Ben gets suspended. If Goodell can suspend Pacman for disturbing patterns of behavior, then he should suspend Ben here, for multiple sex assault accusations. Goodell spouts about protecting the integrity of the league so not suspending him would seem hypocritical. Maybe I'm off base here but until this is settled, I don't want any part of Pitt players at the price they're going in these leagues.

I can't believe it came down to Sam Bradford. I wasn't expecting that QB run at all. That got ugly really fast. As for Ricky, well, there just isn't much left elsewhere that I see contributing a lot. Ricky is no exception, unfortunately. This spot in the draft sucks, btw. I keep getting on the tail of runs with the last guys in tiers being plucked away right before me.
Being on the end of a QB2 run isn't fun. I should have went with my gut and picked a QB with in the 7th round. Ricky was a strong pick. I almost went with him over Portis. I think the RB value in the 9th round is great.

I can't believe it came down to Sam Bradford. I wasn't expecting that QB run at all. That got ugly really fast. As for Ricky, well, there just isn't much left elsewhere that I see contributing a lot. Ricky is no exception, unfortunately. This spot in the draft sucks, btw. I keep getting on the tail of runs with the last guys in tiers being plucked away right before me.
Concur. It was really awkward to suddenly realize that literally every single QB I might've wanted got taken before I had a chance to pick. Oh well, time to have fun improvising and taking QBBC for a back-up. :rolleyes:

QB 2 runs in PDSL's:

1. getting ready to happen mid 8th

2. started at top of 8th

3. started mid 8th

4. strangely was spread out 8-10

so I guess if you are at the end of the draft and you want to guarantee that you don't get left out, you better pull the trigger in round 7-8......waiting till 9 is too late....PDSL 4 might have been a little different because they came out of the shute so fast with their draft......

it does kind of stink, because if you are at the end of the draft and want a solid QB2, you have to take him before you really even have the rest of your lineup filled out......

The only thing I have to say is that I have no idea why I signed up for this. I might be the worst redraft drafter in history.....

Redraft is nearly the worst thing in the world. The only thing worse is non-PPR redraft. :yucky:

QB--Brady, Delhomme

RB--ADP, Slaton, M Bush

WR--Colston, Housh, Driver, Massaquoi

TE--Cooley, Keller

Just nothing to be happy with here. I think soild, but no sizzle. Shaping up like a team that should hag around for a while with little chance of winning.

QB--Peyton(2.7), Freeman(9.10)

RB--Benson(3.10), R. Bush(6.7), D. Brown(8.7)

WR--Fitz(1.10), Braylon(5.10), Hester(7.10), Walter(10.7)

TE--Gonzo(4.7)

Fitz was an easy pick at 1.10, he'll still get a ton of targets, catches, and yards, and Anderson actually is an improvement to the backup situation if Leinart gets hurt or flames out

Peyton was also an easy pick at 2.7, short of the risk that Indy clinches home field early again, he's about as safe as they come at QB, consistent and durable, and in an offense full of weapons.

Benson was my target at 3.10 all along, and part of the reason I didnt go RB in round 1 was the value available at RB in the 3rd, RB1 value in a 16 teamer.

My plan for the 4th was best TE available, Winslow being the firewall so that I knew Id get a top half of the position starter at worst. Gonzo falling was a nice surprise, he probably will decline a bit this year, but he's still a catch machine in a good offense with a good QB.

Didnt love the options at WR available in the 5th, but I had to take a "swing for the fences" pick. Edwards should earn his keep with 5-7 top 15-20 weeks at the position.

I was kind of stumped in the 6th, liked some WR (Britt, Mason among others), but saw enough left in the current tier to justify taking my top RB, Reggie Bush. I like him in this format anchoring an RB2BC because he catches 3-4 balls most weeks, and he gets some red zone love. Nothing flashy, but fits well into my draft plan.

Hester in the 7th was fine by me, I am becoming more convinced by the day that he will be the WR1 in a big time pass offense, I think I got a steal here.

8.7 presented great value at RB in the form of Donald Brown, who at worst will be a solid member of my RB2BC - look at how the Colts used him before he got hurt, that's the floor assuming good health - but a ceiling of a breakout RB, or at least a jackpot pick if Addai goes down. Hopefully he can help offset any weeks where Peyton struggles in the box score because the running game collects most/all of the TDs.

Freeman was a no brainer at 9.10, I was biting my nails hoping he would make it through the brutal QB2 run in the late 8th right after my pick of Brown. I think Freeman is actually a better QB2 for me than a lot of the guys who went during that run, because all I want is health (he's big and durable) and upside from week to week, which he has as the QB of a losing team who also has great running ability. Very happy to get the QB2 I was targeting in the 9th anyway after that run.

Collie was very tempting in the 10th, but without knowing bye weeks, having 3 of my top 10 players on the same team seemed ill-advised, so I went with Walter, who should be a nice firewall for the weeks that Edwards only puts up 2-30. He never seemed to get on track after that early hammie injury last year, but the team obviously still loves him, the offense and QB is potent, and Walter is only one year removed from a top 25 season.

Have to say I'm pretty pleased with what Ive got going on here, rock solid QB/TE options, but my WR and RB can hang, plus a good balance of safe/high floor picks with a few big time upside picks that didn't come at an exorbitant cost.

:goodposting:
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will not be charged after an investigation into accusations of sexual assault by a 20-year-old woman in Georgia, sources told ESPN.Sources confirmed to ESPN's Kelly Naqi that District Attorney Fred Bright will announce on Monday that charges will not be brought against Roethlisberger. Bright said in a statement Friday he has reviewed all the investigation reports and will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. ET Monday.Milledgeville police Chief Woodrow Blue said Wednesday his department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation had wrapped up their investigation into a 20-year-old college student's claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her early March 5 at a club in Milledgeville.It was the second time in a year that Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual misconduct. He also faces a lawsuit filed last July by a woman who says he raped her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel and casino, an allegation he denies. Roethlisberger has not been criminally charged in either case and has claimed counter-damages in the lawsuit.Roethlisberger did not report to Pittsburgh's offseason workouts last month. The next critical day for players is April 19, when on-field practice starts. Most of the team is expected to be on hand then.

:jawdrop:
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will not be charged after an investigation into accusations of sexual assault by a 20-year-old woman in Georgia, sources told ESPN.Sources confirmed to ESPN's Kelly Naqi that District Attorney Fred Bright will announce on Monday that charges will not be brought against Roethlisberger. Bright said in a statement Friday he has reviewed all the investigation reports and will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. ET Monday.Milledgeville police Chief Woodrow Blue said Wednesday his department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation had wrapped up their investigation into a 20-year-old college student's claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her early March 5 at a club in Milledgeville.It was the second time in a year that Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual misconduct. He also faces a lawsuit filed last July by a woman who says he raped her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel and casino, an allegation he denies. Roethlisberger has not been criminally charged in either case and has claimed counter-damages in the lawsuit.Roethlisberger did not report to Pittsburgh's offseason workouts last month. The next critical day for players is April 19, when on-field practice starts. Most of the team is expected to be on hand then.

I can't tell you how bored I am with this......this pace has sucked the fun out of it.

I sure hope this is worth it when the season actually rolls around.

QB--Romo, Sanchez

RB--Chris Johnson, J. Harrison, Best, McCluster, B Scott

WR--S. Smith (Car), Garcon, Cotchery, Wallace, Crayton

TE--Shiancoe

K:

Def: NYG, Chicago

Still need a kicker or two, TE2, and possibly another swing for the fence player or two.

QB--Romo, SanchezRB--Chris Johnson, J. Harrison, Best, McCluster, B ScottWR--S. Smith (Car), Garcon, Cotchery, Wallace, CraytonTE--ShiancoeK: Def: NYG, ChicagoStill need a kicker or two, TE2, and possibly another swing for the fence player or two.
QB--Big Ben, Bradford, CampbellRB--DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas, Ricky Williams, Montario HardestyWR--Marshall, Welker, Edelman, Schilens, Morgan, OgletreeTE--CarlsonK--Def--NE, DenverWhile I normally love bookends, that doesn't hold true for 16 team leagues and I've hated this draft spot. That said, this team is a little better than I thought it would be. My QB situation is definitely worrisome, but I'm pretty content with the rest of my starters. Will be looking for a couple kickers and a TE2 obviously and one more "BPA" (whatever that is at this point in the draft).

I am having a problem with looking at players that I liked in WSL. For some reason I find myself targeting a lot of the same players. This would not be a problem if I was really good at evaluating players and sitations.

I can't tell you how bored I am with this......this pace has sucked the fun out of it.I sure hope this is worth it when the season actually rolls around.
Some of us have a life you know :(
Good one....implying that I don't.Actually, my job (web developer) affords me the time throughout the day to be online.....but thanks for your concern.
Simply, returning the jab at me, when I was #####ing about the pace the first weekend.

I can't tell you how bored I am with this......this pace has sucked the fun out of it.I sure hope this is worth it when the season actually rolls around.
Although we've had some slow spots at times, the pace is about average. These drafts tend to take 3-4 weeks and we're right on that pace. If you think we're going to run through these drafts in 2 weeks, it ain't gonna happen. PDSL 1 ripped through their draft but we're still ahead of PDSL 3 and 4. :lmao:

Comparing my picks to where the same players went in the other 3 drafts:

1.16 DeAngelo -- 1.13, 1.12, 1.14

2.1 Marshall -- 2.12, 2.8, 2.8

3.16 Roethlisberger -- 5.6, 5.9, 4.11

9.16 Bradford -- 10.2, 11.11, 9.13

11.16 Campbell -- 12.5

4.1 Pierre Thomas -- 3.12, 3.13, 4.1

10.1 Ricky -- 8.4, 8.10, 9.1

16.1 Hardesty -- 12.1, 16.3, 13.12

5.16 Welker -- 4.13, 6.4, 8.15

6.1 Edelman -- 7.2, 7.8, 7.3

8.1 Schilens -- 10.5, 8.2, 10.11

12.1 Morgan -- 10.1, 11.7, 10.13

15.16 Ogletree --

7.16 Carlson -- 7.12, 6.2, 7.2

13.16 NE -- 15.4, 14.10, 13.13

14.1 Denver -- 16.5, 13.4

Value picks -- DeAngelo, Ricky Williams, Hardesty, Josh Morgan, Carlson

Reaches -- Big Ben, Bradford, J. Campbell, Edelman, Schilens, Ogletree, both defenses

Welker was surprisingly all across the board. Ogletree yet to be drafted is interesting to me given the potent Dallas passing attack, the poor play from Roy, and the drafting of other WR3s in lesser passing games.

Comparing my picks to where the same players went in the other 3 drafts:1.16 DeAngelo -- 1.13, 1.12, 1.14 2.1 Marshall -- 2.12, 2.8, 2.8 3.16 Roethlisberger -- 5.6, 5.9, 4.11 9.16 Bradford -- 10.2, 11.11, 9.13 11.16 Campbell -- 12.5 4.1 Pierre Thomas -- 3.12, 3.13, 4.1 10.1 Ricky -- 8.4, 8.10, 9.1 16.1 Hardesty -- 12.1, 16.3, 13.12 5.16 Welker -- 4.13, 6.4, 8.15 6.1 Edelman -- 7.2, 7.8, 7.3 8.1 Schilens -- 10.5, 8.2, 10.11 12.1 Morgan -- 10.1, 11.7, 10.13 15.16 Ogletree --7.16 Carlson -- 7.12, 6.2, 7.2 13.16 NE -- 15.4, 14.10, 13.13 14.1 Denver -- 16.5, 13.4 Value picks -- DeAngelo, Ricky Williams, Hardesty, Josh Morgan, CarlsonReaches -- Big Ben, Bradford, J. Campbell, Edelman, Schilens, Ogletree, both defensesWelker was surprisingly all across the board. Ogletree yet to be drafted is interesting to me given the potent Dallas passing attack, the poor play from Roy, and the drafting of other WR3s in lesser passing games.
Ogletree = WR4 Long shot for significant targets. Trendy supersleeper picks not good for this format. You need reliability or situational deep threats. Not backups

Comparing my picks to where the same players went in the other 3 drafts:

1.16 DeAngelo -- 1.13, 1.12, 1.14

2.1 Marshall -- 2.12, 2.8, 2.8

3.16 Roethlisberger -- 5.6, 5.9, 4.11

9.16 Bradford -- 10.2, 11.11, 9.13

11.16 Campbell -- 12.5

4.1 Pierre Thomas -- 3.12, 3.13, 4.1

10.1 Ricky -- 8.4, 8.10, 9.1

16.1 Hardesty -- 12.1, 16.3, 13.12

5.16 Welker -- 4.13, 6.4, 8.15

6.1 Edelman -- 7.2, 7.8, 7.3

8.1 Schilens -- 10.5, 8.2, 10.11

12.1 Morgan -- 10.1, 11.7, 10.13

15.16 Ogletree --

7.16 Carlson -- 7.12, 6.2, 7.2

13.16 NE -- 15.4, 14.10, 13.13

14.1 Denver -- 16.5, 13.4

Value picks -- DeAngelo, Ricky Williams, Hardesty, Josh Morgan, Carlson

Reaches -- Big Ben, Bradford, J. Campbell, Edelman, Schilens, Ogletree, both defenses

Welker was surprisingly all across the board. Ogletree yet to be drafted is interesting to me given the potent Dallas passing attack, the poor play from Roy, and the drafting of other WR3s in lesser passing games.
Ogletree = WR4

Long shot for significant targets. Trendy supersleeper picks not good for this format. You need reliability or situational deep threats. Not backups
He was WR85 taken. He was pick #240 overall. At this point in the draft, who's truly reliable? :goodposting:

QB--Eli, Leinart

RB--Turner, Addai, Forsett, Arian Foster, Brandon Jackson

WR--VJax, Crabtree, Avery, Earl Bennett, Camarillo, Deon Butler

TE--H. Miller, Fasano

K - Mason Crosby

D/ST - San Fran, Oak

Quick update.

Swung for the fences with my RB3 and 4. Both are in questionable situations right now. With a new coach in Seattle Forsett may get every opportunity to win the job. I don't trust Slatton to come back and be effective after neck fusion surgery. That just scares me, but if he does come back this could be a bad pick. Oh, and Houston could decide to draft a RB, throwing this pick in the dumpster. Jackson is a flier, dependent on Grant going down with injury.

WRs look a little better, but not much. I was high on Bennett in WSL and remain so here. Hester will be the down field threat, but Bennett will be in a position get more receptions IMO. Nothing to back it up, just feel that him and Cutler will work together. I don't have the time to look, but maybe someone can run the number on QB/WR combos in that were together in college and the pros to see if there is a correlation (probably not enough data to support a conclusion either way). Camarillo was worth taking a chance on before the Marshall trade. Now he is going to have trouble seeing time in the rotation. Before I had him penciled in as WR3 with upside in Ginn can't catch. Now WR3 is his upside, pending a trade/release of Ginn. Butler is nothing but a popular sleeper choice. I wanted him in WSL and did not get him.

Added Fasano to go with Miller. Nothing to get real excited about. Weak point of the squad.

Crosby is kicking for a high scoring offense. Yes kicker scoring is highly variable from year to year, but fewer TDs could lead to more FG opportunities. Kicking outside is a concern, but he will not have to fight for a job. Top 5 K IMO. I probably drafted him a round to early as I mistimed when to draft a K again in this draft.

D/ST. Looking at the NFCW I see a new coach in Seattle, a new QB in St. Louis (and a poor offense), and some changes in key spots in Arizona (Leinart and Breaston moving to Boldin's spot), and lots of sacks by a poor OL in SF. I was targeting decent d's in this division for that reason. The only offense that scared me was Arizona's. So why did a pick SF and not ARI? I just gacked. I wanted a second D and there was one that I would consider a 99% possibility of not sharing a bye week with them in Oakland.

QB: Rodgers (10), Hasselbeck (5)

RB: Greene (7), McCoy (8), Sproles (10), M Bell (8), Snelling (8)

WR: A Bryant (6), T Owens (?), R Williams (4), Berrian (4), G Tate (?), Randle-El (5), Stokley (9)

TE: Clark (7), D Graham (9)

PK: Gould (8), Kasay (6)

DEF: JETS (7), JAGUARS (9)

Overall I like my team a lot. Taking a QB and TE with your first two picks is always very risky as it leaves you thin at RB and WR, but I got the top TE and one of the top 2-3 QBs which should be excellent, consistent scoring nearly every week.

I had a very bad feeling the QB#2 run would start after I made my pick around that time during the draft, and I very nearly did (and probably should). Instead, I got stuck with perhaps the last viable starting QB (Hasselsuck). Though not great, he's serviceable and hopefully can put up a few big weeks for me to help offset Rodgers' bye and ho-hum performances.

My RBs are not one of the best collections, and there's a good bit of risk putting my faith in Greene and McCoy. But both have moved into the #1 slot, looked decent in spot duty last year and have great offenses around them. I think much of my success will hinge on those two. Sproles won't likely get a shot at being the #1 but will likely see a decent amount of time if (and likely) they draft a rookie. Not to mention his kick returns. Things were getting a bit thin, but I liked the Bell and Snelling picks. I think the upside for both is excellent, and Bell gives me a little insurance with McCoy. If Turner gets bit by the injury bug again, I think Snelling can fill in nicely once more.

My WRs are kinda meh. Nothing spectacular, but having seven to choose from every week SHOULD give me some decent scoring most every week (crosses fingers). Not a big Bryant fan, but the WRs still available at that point were already starting to thin out, so I had to take a chance. The big issue I see with my collection is that not a single one (except Owens, more than likely) is the #1 on their respective teams (don't see Tate being given the #1 job no matter where he goes). But if they can piece together some decent games each week, I'll be ok.

Clark is a stud in this format. Seems to always be. TEs were quite thin later on, and I had the #1 guy, so I planned on waiting awhile on grabbing a second. Graham should be serviceable at least, especially if Denver ships Scheffler out of town.

Kickers and Defenses? Eh, they are kickers and defenses. Got two average-above average kickers and the #1 Defense. I somehow was able to nab the absolute last Defense for a backup. I missed the boat on that one, too, and almost got screwed. But either way, the Jets should be consistent nearly every week, so I am not too worried about it.

Overall, one of my better jobs, but a lot of risk.

Users who are viewing this thread