What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

iPad (1 Viewer)

I own a Ipod Touch. How would I manage the two devices via a single computer? Would every app I have on the IPOD hsave to be on the IPAD, and vice vera? Can't quite figure out how syncs work.
You chose what does/doesn't go onto the device from iTunes. The devices don't have to be the same.
This. In my house there are 2 iphones, an ipad and 3 ipods managed by one itunes account. You can pick and choose which device gets what.The great part is that you only have to buy an app once (in most cases) and it will install for free on all the other devices. Buy Angry Birds for $1.99 and you can install on all of your devices.This continuity is one of the main reasons I'm buying Apple. I considered the Android phones for my wife when her contract expired. They have nice phones, but the fact that I don't need to spend a bunch for Android apps, was the deciding factor why we went with an iphone 4.

I played with a Galaxy Tab last night at the TMo store and was VERY impressed. They have clearly pulled some things from the iPad and I thought the size was actually pretty good (I had worried about it being too small). I think that the GTab is actually a quality enough device that those not interested in APple products have a nice alternative. Except that the pricing is all screwed up - $600 without contract (more then the cheapest iPad) and if you buy it on contract, the data charges are really high compared to Apple's offerings. I would have bought one last night if it was $500 and had a $15/month data option.

I would encourage even iPad users/fans to take a look, if only to see what other devices are coming to market and what similarities they have.
Wow. Never thought I'd see the day where Apple was the low cost alternative :rolleyes:
Exactly, although it makes some sense. Aside from the material (like the processor) being less expensive, Apple has a significant advantage in knowing exactly how much "average" spend each iPad buyer is likely to put in to the apple ecosystem. They can price the iPad at near zero (or even negative) margin if they watn.
That's just crazy talk. This is Apple we're talking about here; we don't give things away. :lmao:

I played with a Galaxy Tab last night at the TMo store and was VERY impressed. They have clearly pulled some things from the iPad and I thought the size was actually pretty good (I had worried about it being too small). I think that the GTab is actually a quality enough device that those not interested in APple products have a nice alternative. Except that the pricing is all screwed up - $600 without contract (more then the cheapest iPad) and if you buy it on contract, the data charges are really high compared to Apple's offerings. I would have bought one last night if it was $500 and had a $15/month data option. I would encourage even iPad users/fans to take a look, if only to see what other devices are coming to market and what similarities they have.
What was the contract for the Tab and monthly plan, out of couriosity

Thinking about buying one for my wife for Christmas. I have a Sprint air card for internet on my laptop. Can I use this for wireless access on the iPad?

Anyone ever have any luck with printing? I tried an app but my setup is a little "non-standard" (wireless printing through a game adapter to a usb printer) and never got it to work.

Anyone seen an IE :thumbup: app? Idiots at my wife's work have an online app that seems to only work with IE. I've tried Safari and Atomic on the iPad and Chrome and FF on my laptop. All hang on some weird javascript.

Anyone ever have any luck with printing? I tried an app but my setup is a little "non-standard" (wireless printing through a game adapter to a usb printer) and never got it to work.Anyone seen an IE :thumbup: app? Idiots at my wife's work have an online app that seems to only work with IE. I've tried Safari and Atomic on the iPad and Chrome and FF on my laptop. All hang on some weird javascript.
did you try changing the Atomic profile to IE?

Anyone ever have any luck with printing? I tried an app but my setup is a little "non-standard" (wireless printing through a game adapter to a usb printer) and never got it to work.Anyone seen an IE :lmao: app? Idiots at my wife's work have an online app that seems to only work with IE. I've tried Safari and Atomic on the iPad and Chrome and FF on my laptop. All hang on some weird javascript.
did you try changing the Atomic profile to IE?
Did not see that. It is the lite version though (trying free options first)...not sure if that is an option. If it is only in the paid version I'll get that. This web app is their Employee Self Service...payroll, vacation balance, etc. She uses it pretty regularly now.ETA: thanks :thumbup: I'll give it a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better...but not the answer. Instead of hanging like Safari it eventually crashes the browser. No idea what they wrote in their script but if I try it in FF on my laptop CPU spikes and it uses all my available memory/resources. It's almost virus like. <_<

Came so close to pulling the trigger last night after playing with it for an hour. Decided to relax and wait for Rev2 next year. The thing is awesome, so go and get it you want it :excited:

Waiting to play around with the Galaxy Tab to see how the size is. I want something that can fully replace browsing the web and checking emails... obviously the iPad can't do flash with hampers the former. We already own Macbooks and iPhones so I'm looking for something different and definitely Android based.

My only hangup is price right now, I think Samsung priced themselves out of the market on this device.

Waiting to get more details on Motorola's offering as well... Stingray/Motopad.

My IT savvy cubicle neighbor, who has used Apple products extensively, advises to wait a couple days to see if there are any problems with this OS iteration - which there invariably are.

Also, I found a good RSS feed organizer this weekend that apparently was a pay app but is now free - Pulse.

If anyone has The Economist in print form, they just released an excellent app for both the iPad and iPhone complete with audio reader.

Question: I have an iphone and a laptop. Do I have a need for this thing.

The nerd in me wants one, but I'm not finding any clear justification for it. Best I can come up with is a better version of kindle on it to read books/magazines.

Bunch of game loft games available for .99 too. Ironman, shrek, splinter cell, let's golf2 etc. No idea how good they are.

what sites like appshopper do youl use to keep track of price drops, new apps etc?

is there a site that will mail a daily list of interesting or well priced apps?

huge list of ipad/iphone apps on sale in this thread

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=73982

Namco Games (on sale until 1 December)

99c

Avatwee

BIT.TRIP BEAT

BIT.TRIP BEAT HD

Dug Dug Remix

Galaga Remix

Garters & Ghouls

Gator Panic

Inspector Gadget

Isaac Newton's Gravity

Lt. Fly Rise of the Arachnids

Mr. Driller

Ms. PAC-MAN

Noby Noby Boy

PAC-Attack

PAC-Chain

PAC-Chain Compact

PAC-MAN

PAC-MAN for iPad

PAC-MAN Championship Edition

PAC-Match Party

PAC-Match Party HD

PAC-MAN Remix

Pole Position: Remix

Pool Pro Online 3

Pool Pro Online 3 for iPad

Star Trigon

Tamagotchi: Round the World

Time Crisis Strike

Tinseltown Dreams: The 50s

$2.99

Ace Combat Xi

i Love Katamari

Ridge Racer Accelerated

$4.99

Time Crisis 2nd Strike

Gamevil (Until Monday Nov 29th)

99c

Zenonia

Hybrid: Eternal Whisper

Soccer Superstars

$2.99

Zenonia 2

Hybrid 2

Baseball Superstars 2010

EA Games

99c

Need For Speed Undercover

The Sims 3 Ambitions

Tetris

RISK : The Official Game

Monopoly

Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition

SimCity Deluxe

Need for Speed Shift

The Sims 3 World Adventures

Scrabble

The Game of Life Classic Edition

The Simpsons Arcade

Madden NFL 11

(iPad) Reckless Racing HD

(iPad) Yahtzee HD

$4.99

Rock Band

(ipad) Mirrors Edge

(iPad) Scrabble for iPad

(iPad) Madden NFL 11 for iPad

Gameloft

- Let's Golf!® 2

- NFL 2011

- Hero of Sparta II

- Iron Man 2

- Brothers In Arms® 2: Global Front

- UNO™

- The Settlers HD

- Splinter Cell Conviction™ HD

- GT Racing: Motor Academy HD

- Brothers In Arms® 2: Global Front HD

- Iron Man 2 for iPad

- Let's Golf! 2 HD

- Hero of Sparta 2 HD

- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HD (Back up to 6.99 again for the moment)

$4.99

Real Golf 2011

Big Pixel Studios

.99c

Meow Meow Happy Fight

Meow Meow Happy Fight HD

Piyo Blocks

Piyo Blocks 2

Glu

Paper Boy

Build-a-Lot 2: Town of the Year (Both Iphone & Ipad)

Sega

Chu Chu Rocket (Iphone version)

Phantasy Star II

Golden Axe

Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition

ChuChu Rocket HD

Sonic The Hedgehog 4™ Episode I

Bootant

Victory Day (iPhone) - 0.99

Crazy Tanks (universal) - 0.99

Pirate Waters (universal) - 0.99

BeeCells HD

uBoot HD

Victory Day HD

Crazy Choppers HD

99 Games

Wordsworth

Mystic Emporium

Christmas Sudoku

Create a Mall

Wordulous

Create a Mall HD

Mystic Emproium HD

Christmas Sudoku HD

Chillingo (26th November to the 28th)

Billabong Surf Trip

Radio Flare REDUX

Radio Flare REDUX HD

Parking Mania HD

Defender Chronicles - Legend of the Desert King:

Master of Alchemy HD

Master of Alchemy

Fiona’s Flowers

$1.99

Cogs HD

Mumbo Jumbo (November 25-28)

iPad Versions:

Salem Witch Trials

Sam Swift

7 Wonders

SquareLogic

Activision

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011

Rapala Pro Bass Fishing

10tons LTD (November 25-29)

Azekend

Sparkle the Game

Boom Brigade

Heroes of Kalevala

Sparkle the Game HD

Azekend HD

Miriel the Magical Merchant HD

Misc Developers

Mr. Bill

Jet Car Stunts

Wispin

Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter

MovieCat!

Harbor Master

iBlast Moki

METAL GEAR SOLID TOUCH (Universal)

Rubik's Slide

Scribattle

Diabolotros

$1.99

The Secrets of Monkey Island (iPad Edition)

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (iPad Edition)

100 Rogues

$2.99

Game Dev Story

Fruit Ninja Ipad Verision

Fantastic Contraption 2

Ragdoll Blaster 2 HD

Chopper 2

$4.99

Crimision Gem Saga (November 22-30)

UFC Undisputed 2010

Free

Chop Chop Runner

Aqua Motor Racing

So we got my dad one of these for Christmas. I started putting some stuff on it, but it seems like all the apps I'm putting are iphone apps and don't really scale all that well to full screen. Do I have to download special ipad apps?

So we got my dad one of these for Christmas. I started putting some stuff on it, but it seems like all the apps I'm putting are iphone apps and don't really scale all that well to full screen. Do I have to download special ipad apps?
You don't HAVE to, but if you want them to fill the iPad screen size properly it's needed.When you go to the App store on the iPad and do searches it should separate out iPad and iPhone apps for you so you know which is which.

Yes. When you browse the app store, there's a section for iPad apps and a different one for iPod apps.Some, though, are iPod only, I've found.

Yes. When you browse the app store, there's a section for iPad apps and a different one for iPod apps.Some, though, are iPod only, I've found.
Ok. That make sense.

I knew that as soon as I sprung for one of these (For the GF for Xmas) they'd announce it's successor. Sure enough... hers was delivered last week and now....iPad 2 release forthcoming :lmao:

Sokay.. will still suit her fine.

Thinking about buying one for my wife for Christmas. I have a Sprint air card for internet on my laptop. Can I use this for wireless access on the iPad?
I'd like to know the answer to this too.I have my internet at home that I pay forVZW USB key internet that I pay for(so I can access unfiltered internet at work :homer: )and if I want an ipad with internet everywhere I'll have to pay for more internet :towelwave:

I'd like to know the answer to this too.I have my internet at home that I pay for

VZW USB key internet that I pay for(so I can access unfiltered internet at work :homer: )

and if I want an ipad with internet everywhere I'll have to pay for more internet :towelwave:
The iPad doesn't have any USB ports, so if you want to carry WiFi with you you need to carry a mobile hotspot.

I'd like to know the answer to this too.I have my internet at home that I pay for

VZW USB key internet that I pay for(so I can access unfiltered internet at work :hophead: )

and if I want an ipad with internet everywhere I'll have to pay for more internet :bag:
The iPad doesn't have any USB ports, so if you want to carry WiFi with you you need to carry a mobile hotspot.
So many phones support wireless tethering (iphone for one) now. Not sure why a mobile hotspot is needed.

VZW USB key internet that I pay for(so I can access unfiltered internet at work :hophead: )

and if I want an ipad with internet everywhere I'll have to pay for more internet :bag:
Um No.

"With the iPad Camera Connection Kit, it's incredibly easy to download photos from your digital camera to your iPad so you can view them on the gorgeous iPad display and share them with family and friends. The kit includes two connectors, each with a different interface: The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). Use the SD Card Reader to import photos directly from your camera's SD card. Connect it to your iPad, then insert your digital camera's SD card into the slot. After you make the connection, your iPad automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose which pictures to import, then organizes the selected photos into albums. When you sync iPad to your PC or Mac, the photos on your iPad are added to your computer's photo library. iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW."GD I'm getting old. WTF does that even mean?

Edit: Oh. I get it now.

So many phones support wireless tethering (iphone for one) now. Not sure why a mobile hotspot is needed.
I don't know what wireless tethering is. :bag:
It's like a mobile hotspot, except you use your phone. There are a ton of phones that will do this now. All iphones, and newer blackberries do this. The wireless guys hate it, but it works just the same or better than the little stripped down samsung verizon hotspot thing.

I don't know what wireless tethering is. :rolleyes:
It's like a mobile hotspot, except you use your phone. There are a ton of phones that will do this now. All iphones, and newer blackberries do this. The wireless guys hate it, but it works just the same or better than the little stripped down samsung verizon hotspot thing.
Oh, that's where you use your phone as the hotspot, right?

GD I'm getting old. WTF does that even mean?Edit: Oh. I get it now.
It's designed to connect your camera to your ipad to download images via SD card or USB cable (like the one you use to connect your camera to your computer). However, in effect it gives you a USB port on the iPad. Not the best option as it'd be rather flimsy with the adapter then a data stick plugged into it... but it's a solution. Agreed that tethering is the best way to go. I use tether (application) with my blackberry and can connect to any device via USB, wireless, or Bluetooth and use my phone's data plan. Do it with my Macbook Pro all the time.

I don't know what wireless tethering is. :rolleyes:
Oh, that's where you use your phone as the hotspot, right?
yes

Users who are viewing this thread