What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 1 (1 Viewer)

I will be out of town Fri-Sun with limited internet access. If we're not done by then, I'll have to go on auto-skip and finish when I get back.
What you should probably do instead is recruit somebody to pick for you while you are out, in the event we aren't finished by then. I also seem to remember that there has been some sort of precedent set regarding incomplete teams at the end of a draft.......(see Tony Jabroni a year or so ago.) Meaning, if you don't have a full squad drafted by the time the last pick is made, you are stuck with the squad you got.
The actual rule, which has been around for a while, is that one final clock is started after the 20.16 pick is made (or timed out on). Once that clock has expired, the draft is final, even if teams are short of players.

I will be out of town Fri-Sun with limited internet access. If we're not done by then, I'll have to go on auto-skip and finish when I get back.
What you should probably do instead is recruit somebody to pick for you while you are out, in the event we aren't finished by then. I also seem to remember that there has been some sort of precedent set regarding incomplete teams at the end of a draft.......(see Tony Jabroni a year or so ago.) Meaning, if you don't have a full squad drafted by the time the last pick is made, you are stuck with the squad you got.
The actual rule, which has been around for a while, is that one final clock is started after the 20.16 pick is made (or timed out on). Once that clock has expired, the draft is final, even if teams are short of players.
Unless I decide to give them Madison Hedcock or or some other stiff good for a handful of fantasy points on the year.

I must have been crazy to think it would get to me last night.I'm back and will be picking for myself.Punk
That's my fault. He sent the PM, it just never popped up for me. I just checked the thread to see where it was and I was up. Pick up in 5 min.

per PM, Thom Yorke selects:

16.03 - Nick Folk, NYJ, K14

PM's out to Punk and bostonfred.....

sorry for the delay fella's, needed to get dinner together.

Last edited by a moderator:
So does Bass's ruling mean the guys that are on a 4-hour clock are now on a 2-hour clock?

If so, :popcorn: , we'll really get this moving now.

I was curious about that myself.

I don't know, it looks like we might not need to do any clock adjusting if we just keep plugging away. We have 3+ days (tonight, Fri., Sat. & Sun.) to get through 4-1/2 rounds.........it shouldn't be that hard.

I was curious about that myself.I don't know, it looks like we might not need to do any clock adjusting if we just keep plugging away. We have 3+ days (tonight, Fri., Sat. & Sun.) to get through 4-1/2 rounds.........it shouldn't be that hard.
True, but one more day of one guy taking a full 8 hours and we're screwed again. We definitely picked it up a notch today.

my round 16 pick is PM'ed to FUBAR.
I'll be in court and unavailable until late in the afternoon. Doubt it gets to me, but it should get to Moleculo. If it does get to me just skip me this round.
that's fine...guys, be aware I won't be able to pick until noon. That will still be within my 4 hr time limit, I was just hoping to get this moving a little quicker.

So does Bass's ruling mean the guys that are on a 4-hour clock are now on a 2-hour clock?If so, :lmao: , we'll really get this moving now.
Yup...everyone's clock was cut in half. 8 became 4, 4 became 2. PMs are your friend and there seem to be a lot of guys around here willing to help out.

Gamma and Yudkin.....I have beachbum's extensive list that I am to use for as long as it lasts, so please PM me when he is up....thanks!!

So does Bass's ruling mean the guys that are on a 4-hour clock are now on a 2-hour clock?If so, :thumbup: , we'll really get this moving now.
Yup...everyone's clock was cut in half. 8 became 4, 4 became 2. PMs are your friend and there seem to be a lot of guys around here willing to help out.
So the guys on a 2 hour clock go to one hour? Crap.I'm going to need some help with "Clock Cop" duties. I really don't want to micromanage this draft hour-by-hour for the remainder of it, so a little help from others in keeping track of time limits would be greatly appreciated. There are 15 other guys in this draft and it would be helpful if others could take an active role in furthering it along.Thanks!!!

So does Bass's ruling mean the guys that are on a 4-hour clock are now on a 2-hour clock?If so, :rant: , we'll really get this moving now.
So the guys on a 2 hour clock go to one hour? Crap.I'm going to need some help with "Clock Cop" duties. I really don't want to micromanage this draft hour-by-hour for the remainder of it, so a little help from others in keeping track of time limits would be greatly appreciated. There are 15 other guys in this draft and it would be helpful if others could take an active role in furthering it along.Thanks!!!
I've tried to help move this along and will continue to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread