What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 1 (1 Viewer)

Argh. My list was screwed up. I only wanted one defense on the turn. The guy I would've picked with the second choice is still there. Can I swap him for the Seahawks D?
If the Seahawks D were available I would have gone in a different direction instead of the Rams
Well I sent in a list asking for a D with my 17th rounder and a TE with my 18th rounder.Instead I got two defenses. Now I'm stuck with three defenses and I might miss out on a TE. It would be an easy fix.
. Who's to say the Hawks would have lasted until HellToupee picked?
While I would take SEA over SL what I was talking about is if there were 3 Ds available instead of 2 I would have passed on the D in the 18th & taken 1 on the return in the 19th

you might want to wait on BnB for his take but from the amount of picks off the board since the snafu.....i would say no to the rewind.....maybe if it was caught withing a couple 3-4 picks no harm, but it's nearly 3/4 round later.

you might want to wait on BnB for his take but from the amount of picks off the board since the snafu.....i would say no to the rewind.....maybe if it was caught withing a couple 3-4 picks no harm, but it's nearly 3/4 round later.
So I should be stuck with a player I neither needed nor wanted even though it wasn't my mistake?That's not really fair. I don't see why I can't just swap the Seahawks for the player I wanted.

So I should be stuck with a player I neither needed nor wanted even though it wasn't my mistake?That's not really fair. I don't see why I can't just swap the Seahawks for the player I wanted.
this :shrug: should be in lockdown until BnB makes a ruling

If this were a draft with money on the line, would you have the nuts to ask for a do-over?

If this were a draft with money on the line, would you have the nuts to ask for a do-over?
I feel the opposite. If there was an error in a $ league like happened to EBF here I ask for the mistake to be fixed. In this league I'd let it slide.

I was just a stand in for Charles Nelson Reilly this weekend but I just want to say this flight lost all cabin pressure this weekend. And there are a lot of pretty strong posters in here that seemed to just check out completely towards the end. This is all just for ####s and giggles anyways but some folks do take the draft semi-seriously and to those folks I think its unfortunate.

This guilt trip brought to you by the Ministry of Pain :unsure:

I feel the opposite. If there was an error in a $ league like happened to EBF here I ask for the mistake to be fixed. In this league I'd let it slide.
you might ask for it if you were in EBF's shoes...I get that. But, if you were in a $$ league and someone asked for a do-over, how would you respond?Guys, I don't really care what happens here either way. But, it's really tough to judge the impact of drafting a particular player on future picks. Who knows how it all would have played out. It wouldn't have impacted me at all - I was taking a K come hell or high water @ 18.11, so I have no issue either way, beyond the whole do-over issue.Consider this: after Seattle was drafted at 18.01, ten picks were taken. If you simply drop Seattle from EBF's roster and place them back into the pool, those ten teams will have been robbed of the opportunity to draft Seattle. Obviously, there was interest in drafting a D in that round - six defenses were taken, and we have to consider that it could have been seven. To be fair, you would have to go down the line and give JonnyU the chance to take Seattle instead of Buffalo...then Twilight the chance to take Seattle (or Buffalo, if JonnyU traded), and on down the line. Considering all of the recent timed-outs, I don't think we can afford to halt the draft and re-do the 18th round.

Assuming we are moving on, Yudkin has timed out and Ruffrody is on the clock.

This is getting a little ridiculous with all of the times outs.

I'll send him a PM ...

18.16 - Ruffrodys05 - LeGarrette Blount, ®, RB68

19.01 - Ruffrodys05 - Brandon LaFell, ®, WR94

I'm making these picks now because I do not think I will be awake between 8:00 AM Eastern when the official clock turns back on and 9:36 AM Eastern when my clock would technically run out. I am very much okay with a re-set back to 18.01 as long as most others (majority) are in agreement (in which case these picks can very easily be tossed), but if we don't do that I wanted to get these picks in now.

Again, I apologize to ALL PDSL1 PARTICIPANTS for any inconvenience I have caused and especially to EBF who I am deeply apologetic to.

Steve

EBF can switch switch Seattle D for another pick immediately. Seattle then becomes out of play until pick 20.02. At that time each drafter for the remainder of the round has the opportunity to change their pick in the 18th round for any player still on the board. For example, JohnnyU can take Seattle D and the Bill would go back into the pool. FUBAR could change Naanee for Plaxico Burress.

Looking at suspending the draft clock at the end of this round. The NFL schedule is released tomorrow nite at 7:30 and I suspect there will be earlier leaks. The clock will resume on Wed I will likely slice it by 50% accross the board to get this draft wrapped up by the end of Wednesday.

Atomic Punk said:
Assuming we are moving on, Yudkin has timed out and Ruffrody is on the clock.This is getting a little ridiculous with all of the times outs.I'll send him a PM ...
OK, I'm calling shennanigans. I was waiting for this mess to get straightened out overnight and then I wake up to people telling me that I timed out and skipping me altogether. People actually requested getting rulings and pausing the draft, so I don't see how I should get penalized for doing what other people wanted. Not only that, I don't see how I timed out twice overnight. It's not so much that anyone took the players I wanted (and even if they did 300 picks in it's not like they are impact guys anyway), it's the principle of the thing.Anyway . . .18.15 WR Deion Branch WR SEA19.02 RB Kevin Faulk NE

Atomic Punk said:
Assuming we are moving on, Yudkin has timed out and Ruffrody is on the clock.This is getting a little ridiculous with all of the times outs.I'll send him a PM ...
OK, I'm calling shennanigans. I was waiting for this mess to get straightened out overnight and then I wake up to people telling me that I timed out and skipping me altogether. People actually requested getting rulings and pausing the draft, so I don't see how I should get penalized for doing what other people wanted. Not only that, I don't see how I timed out twice overnight. It's not so much that anyone took the players I wanted (and even if they did 300 picks in it's not like they are impact guys anyway), it's the principle of the thing.
:rolleyes:this has been a bizarre ending to a strange draft very apropo

Sorry folks, but was on vacation and all attempts to log into the forums were foiled. I figured it was end game anyway and I would just fill in my roster once I got back, understanding I would be timed out.

16.09 Olindo Mare, Sea, PK22

17.08 Tampa Bay Bucs, TB, D32

More picks to follow

For easy reference, here are all the picks made on this page, in chronological order of their selection:

18.14 david buehler, k, dal

17.14 Trent Edwards, QB, BUFF

18.3 Colt McCoy, QB, ??

18.16 - Ruffrodys05 - LeGarrette Blount, ®, RB68

19.01 - Ruffrodys05 - Brandon LaFell, ®, WR94

19.3 Harry Douglas, wr, atl

18.15 WR Deion Branch WR SEA

19.02 RB Kevin Faulk NE

16.09 Olindo Mare, Sea, PK22

17.08 Tampa Bay Bucs, TB, D32

18.09 Phil Dawson, Cle, PK23

w t f

FUBAR timed out at 4:24 PM Eastern.....

per PM, bostonfred selects:

19.10 - Limas Sweed, Pit, WR98

per PM, Steel Dillo selects:

19.11 - Ted Ginn Jr., SF, WR99

PM's out.....

Yorke timed out at 8:52 PM Eastern..........Twilight has been PM'd.

I have Steel Dillo & bostonfred's last picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yorke timed out at 8:52 PM Eastern..........Twilight has been PM'd.I have Steel Dillo & bostonfred's last picks.
Clock is suspended until 9pm tomorrow night. I don't want some people getting the advantage of knowing the bye weeks while others don't. Probably not a factor this late in the draft. Of course you're free to pick if you like.Also, as stated before, Seattle D is back in play for anyone who wants to drop their 18th round pick when they are up in the 20th round.

I miss the days of getting PMs instead of PMS, but I'll make up my 19.09 pick.

Can I take the Seahawk D here? :kicksrock:

real pick: 19.09 Brandon Tate, NE, WR103

Users who are viewing this thread