What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

Finless

Footballguy
Some of the sharks saw this developing

'Finless said:
If not I'm pretty sure Denver will be interested in Tebow.
Tebow ended up in the right hands and will be a stud for years. I feel like it's just become the popular thing to say: "He's not an NFL quarterback". They'll be a lot of crow eating and I'm pretty sure it won't be happening in this thread. Tebow's got winner written all over him. Denver has a bright future.

<title edited by FBG Mod to help with searching>

Last edited by a moderator:

Finless said:
Tebow ended up in the right hands and will be a stud for years. I feel like it's just become the popular thing to say: "He's not an NFL quarterback". They'll be a lot of crow eating and I'm pretty sure it won't be happening in this thread. Tebow's got winner written all over him. Denver has a bright future.
Yes, I did. Love the pick.

Some of the sharks :hifive:

So you threw a dart and it hit the bullseye, congratulations! Did you really have to start a thread about it?

If Tebow is lucky, and absolutely everything goes perfect, I can see him having a career path very similar to that of David LaFleur. Personally, I'm not optimistic.

Finless with another great call. It's only a matter of time until Tebow makes the Pro Bowl and returns the orange and blue to the land of Super Bowls.

If his form develops - you won't find a better leader for your team! He is a good guy and a role model for the community as well. He has been a winner everywhere -- I would of waited till round 2 but if his accuracy can develope I really think he can be that leader / impact player -- Broncos could have done alot worse.

Let's just talk about the pick and not the author of the thread.

Denver paid a premium to move up and grab him...after they kept trading down. This reminds me of when Vince Young was drafted. I loved Vince Young the football player coming out of Texas I felt he needed some coaching and seasoning to become a very good QB in the NFL. He had a dazzling rookie year...then things went south quick in 2008. After going through some growing pains he comes back mid season last year and now if firmly the starter and team leader in Titan land. The one thing you can't teach is winning and leadership and Vince Young has those intangibles. The arm motion, and mechanics...that can be coached up and if the player has a steller work ethic....can improve.

Tim Teebow regardles of what you think about him personally is a winner, a leader and a hard worker. Those 3 things mixed in with talent can make you a great football player. He is a project. He should only sniff the field this year in special packages. But he strength below the waste and his football IQ above the neck make him a very intriging prospect. Did I think it was a slight reach based on traditional QB qualifications? Yeah. But it is a ballsy move by a ballsy coach who has single handly dismantled Cutler/Marshall. He is getting his players in there. I think you can't judge Teebow until we have seen what he can do going into year 3.

Finless with another great call. It's only a matter of time until Tebow makes the Pro Bowl and returns the orange and blue to the land of Super Bowls.
Wow, the Orange and Blue was represented in the last season's Super Bowl. How can anyone forget about Bobby McCray, I know Brett Favre can't.

Everyone keeps saying Tebow is a project.

Silly statement. Every QB taken is a project. Will Bradford step in and take the Rams to the promised land this year or sit on the bench? So, many are ok with the Rams spending 50 million on a guy that'll ride pine next year, but not ok with a guy who did a hell of a lot more in college also sitting for a year for a whole lot cheaper?

I like the pick because you can see he's a playmaker in college, and has the big arm and work ethic to succeed.

Denver watched the tape and worked him out. They certainly aren't putting all their eggs in the basket due to having two other young QBs.

Denver was shrewed and pretty much paid little. They traded down and acquired the picks so that at the end of the day they had two late first rounders for practically nothing. Seems a good deal to me.

Everyone keeps saying Tebow is a project.

Silly statement. Every QB taken is a project. Will Bradford step in and take the Rams to the promised land this year or sit on the bench? So, many are ok with the Rams spending 50 million on a guy that'll ride pine next year, but not ok with a guy who did a hell of a lot more in college also sitting for a year for a whole lot cheaper?

I like the pick because you can see he's a playmaker in college, and has the big arm and work ethic to succeed.

Denver watched the tape and worked him out. They certainly aren't putting all their eggs in the basket due to having two other young QBs.

Denver was shrewed and pretty much paid little. They traded down and acquired the picks so that at the end of the day they had two late first rounders for practically nothing. Seems a good deal to me.
I don't follow college football, just the NFL, though I have seen Tebow in bowl games, championship, etc. I see seemingly conflicting statements about Tebow's arm. Some say "big arm", and some say "can't throw an out". What's the deal? Or is it that he has a big arm, but poor accuracy?I think Tebow is intriguing, because of his college legacy and the fact he is controversial. I think it will be interesting to see if he succeeds in the NFL, but I was hoping to watch that on someone else's team...

I suspect it will work out for Denver better than most people think. Obviously every QB is a project, but you hope to have as little work to do as possible as a coach. I could be "project QB" in the NFL - but my chances at success would be somewhere below .000000001

Tebow may not display mechanics that are anywhere close to where they need to be. However, what he does do is deliver the football to where it needs to go to make a play happen with frequency. He's also willing to be coached and has shown that he can learn relatviely quick due to his work ethic and humble attitiude. It also doesn't hurt that he his strong and and fast. Even if he can't make reads as good as Clausen or hasn't displayed the pure accuracy and mechanics that Bradford has - he can certainly make up for it to a degree by extending plays. And its not a stretch to think that he can be taught better mechanics (improving his accuracy) and learn to read defenses in a relatively short period of time (1 to 2 years). If that happens, you have a very complete package. He could be as dangerous as Vick outside of the pocket (not as fast, but a lot harder to bring down on contact), but have passing skills to go with it that are much better..... and obviously he is also a much better team leader than Vick.

Schefter was talking this morning that the Bills were planning on moving into the end of the 1st round to get Tebow.

Schefter was talking this morning that the Bills were planning on moving into the end of the 1st round to get Tebow.
This. People can argue about whether he was a good pick or not there but I strongly disagree with the people that think he could have been had much later. The kid was coming off the board last night. Or early tonight. Whether that's the correct move or not is certainly up for debate. But it's my opinion that he wasn't going to be there later. So criticize Denver all you want that it was a bad pick. But I don't think the "you could have had him later" criticism is not accurate.J

He is way too squeaky clean, something is up with him. I'll set the o/u at 4 years until he is found at the Mile High Magic Hotel with a LB of coke and two dead hookers.

Other than that, I think it was an awful awful pick and he will amount to squat as an NFL QB.

Lots of people knew some team would be stupid enough to move and get Tebow. The only drama was waiting to see who it would be. :shrug:

Calling the right team is something, I suppose. Feeling good about the pick considerably less brag-worthy.

Finless said:
:confused: McDaniels won't be around long enough to help him long term.

Let's just talk about the pick and not the author of the thread.Denver paid a premium to move up and grab him...after they kept trading down. This reminds me of when Vince Young was drafted. I loved Vince Young the football player coming out of Texas I felt he needed some coaching and seasoning to become a very good QB in the NFL. He had a dazzling rookie year...then things went south quick in 2008. After going through some growing pains he comes back mid season last year and now if firmly the starter and team leader in Titan land. The one thing you can't teach is winning and leadership and Vince Young has those intangibles. The arm motion, and mechanics...that can be coached up and if the player has a steller work ethic....can improve.Tim Teebow regardles of what you think about him personally is a winner, a leader and a hard worker. Those 3 things mixed in with talent can make you a great football player. He is a project. He should only sniff the field this year in special packages. But he strength below the waste and his football IQ above the neck make him a very intriging prospect. Did I think it was a slight reach based on traditional QB qualifications? Yeah. But it is a ballsy move by a ballsy coach who has single handly dismantled Cutler/Marshall. He is getting his players in there. I think you can't judge Teebow until we have seen what he can do going into year 3.
:goodposting: This, and I don't often agree with Todem. Tebow was certainly a reach, but a very understandable one. From the sounds of things, if Denver didn't do it, someone else would have! You don't have to be in love with the pick, and there are plenty of things to laugh about with McDaniels, but I don't see this as the colossal blunder it's been made out to be.That said, unlike most 1st runders, Tebow will absolutely need a year...he should not start this year.

The real question that should be asked:

Are there QBs with Tebow's delivery problems that have eventually worked them out to become successful/upper tier NFL quarterbacks?

I seem to recall Aaron Rodgers having to work on his mechanics. I think Rivers, despite questions about his, has never changed his style.

Anyone else?

Denver paid a premium to move up and grab him...after they kept trading down. This reminds me of when Vince Young was drafted. I loved Vince Young the football player coming out of Texas I felt he needed some coaching and seasoning to become a very good QB in the NFL. He had a dazzling rookie year...then things went south quick in 2008. After going through some growing pains he comes back mid season last year and now if firmly the starter and team leader in Titan land. The one thing you can't teach is winning and leadership and Vince Young has those intangibles. The arm motion, and mechanics...that can be coached up and if the player has a steller work ethic....can improve.

Tim Teebow regardles of what you think about him personally is a winner, a leader and a hard worker. Those 3 things mixed in with talent can make you a great football player. He is a project. He should only sniff the field this year in special packages. But he strength below the waste and his football IQ above the neck make him a very intriging prospect. Did I think it was a slight reach based on traditional QB qualifications? Yeah. But it is a ballsy move by a ballsy coach who has single handly dismantled Cutler/Marshall. He is getting his players in there. I think you can't judge Teebow until we have seen what he can do going into year 3.
:popcorn: This, and I don't often agree with Todem. Tebow was certainly a reach, but a very understandable one. From the sounds of things, if Denver didn't do it, someone else would have! You don't have to be in love with the pick, and there are plenty of things to laugh about with McDaniels, but I don't see this as the colossal blunder it's been made out to be.That said, unlike most 1st runders, Tebow will absolutely need a year...he should not start this year.
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single late first round QB that was successful in his rookie year. It would have been the same with the other QBs on the board. I really hope the Broncos grab a couple interior O Linemen today.

Josh McDaniels and Tim Tebow belong together. At least until McDaniels gets fired for drafting such a bum.
:popcorn:The Tebow selection will not only go down as the best draft choice in the history of the NFL, but the moves made to set up for that pick could be recorded as the greatest move ever - rivaling the Hershel Walker trade. McDaniels may as well get fitted for a yellow jacket now, because he's on his way to Canton.

I think people are largely overreacting to the "changes" in Tebow's throwing motion. If you really look at the changes, the biggest change is simply ball placement and where Tebow's holding the ball. That's largely minuscule in the grand scheme of things. He still has enough arm strength to make most, if not all of the throws at the NFL level, and now can get the ball out quicker because it's by his ear and not dropped down.

Tebow has a good chance to sit for at least a year, something he'll definitely need for his development, while learning under a legit good QB Coach in Josh McDaniels (another thing fans forget). Ignoring the intangibles, Tebow does have the arm strength, accuracy, and football IQ to play the QB position. Now it's just a matter of getting further refinement in foot placement, adapting to his quicker release, and reading defenses. Two of the three all rookie QBs need to get accustomed to.

:goodposting: This, and I don't often agree with Todem. Tebow was certainly a reach, but a very understandable one. From the sounds of things, if Denver didn't do it, someone else would have! You don't have to be in love with the pick, and there are plenty of things to laugh about with McDaniels, but I don't see this as the colossal blunder it's been made out to be.That said, unlike most 1st runders, Tebow will absolutely need a year...he should not start this year.
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single late first round QB that was successful in his rookie year. It would have been the same with the other QBs on the board. I really hope the Broncos grab a couple interior O Linemen today.
I can name one.Dan Marino

I suspect it will work out for Denver better than most people think. Obviously every QB is a project, but you hope to have as little work to do as possible as a coach. I could be "project QB" in the NFL - but my chances at success would be somewhere below .000000001

Tebow may not display mechanics that are anywhere close to where they need to be. However, what he does do is deliver the football to where it needs to go to make a play happen with frequency. He's also willing to be coached and has shown that he can learn relatviely quick due to his work ethic and humble attitiude. It also doesn't hurt that he his strong and and fast. Even if he can't make reads as good as Clausen or hasn't displayed the pure accuracy and mechanics that Bradford has - he can certainly make up for it to a degree by extending plays. And its not a stretch to think that he can be taught better mechanics (improving his accuracy) and learn to read defenses in a relatively short period of time (1 to 2 years). If that happens, you have a very complete package. He could be as dangerous as Vick outside of the pocket (not as fast, but a lot harder to bring down on contact), but have passing skills to go with it that are much better..... and obviously he is also a much better team leader than Vick.
Hindsight is a powerful thing, but really there isn't much Tebow has done to justify this thought. I don't see how he has any more upside as a passer than Vick did coming out of college.

Josh McDaniels and Tim Tebow belong together. At least until McDaniels gets fired for drafting such a bum.
:unsure:The Tebow selection will not only go down as the best draft choice in the history of the NFL, but the moves made to set up for that pick could be recorded as the greatest move ever - rivaling the Hershel Walker trade. McDaniels may as well get fitted for a yellow jacket now, because he's on his way to Canton.
i hope you're kidding. i sincerely do.but you know the best part about how last night went down? Eric Berry gets to continue smashing Tim Tebow for the next four years.

Hindsight is a powerful thing, but really there isn't much Tebow has done to justify this thought. I don't see how he has any more upside as a passer than Vick did coming out of college.
I know college stats mean little but...Michael Vick: 332 Pass Attempts with a YPA of 9.88 and 21 TD vs. 12 INTTim Tebow: 602 Pass Attempts with a YPA of 9.37 and 51 TD vs. 9 INT (Final 2 years)Michael Vick was known for being a scrambler and having a rocket arm but little touch and questionable accuracy. Tebow has a good arm, runs (but not to the ability of Vick), and has shown very good accuracy.Tebow's arm passing wise is far, far ahead of Michael Vick when Vick was coming out of college.

Maybe after their experience drafting a loser with good skills (Cutler), the Broncos decided to see how a winner with lousy skills will do (Tebow).

Tebow is one of those picks where you say, man I'm glad they picked him because now we don't have too.

You like him but you just don't know if it will work out. There is no way any team should have considered picking him until the 3rd round. If you have to say a player is going to may be be good one day when he re-learns the entire position from dropping back to the throwing motion he is not worthy of a 1st round pick.

The Broncos had a below average running game last year with Moreno and Buckhalter but I think McDaniel will begin using Tebow in the first game for short yardage situations and certain wildcat plays.

McDaniel needs to pick up a center and other offensive linemen in the next few rounds. Perhaps also grab Aaron Hernandez (Florida TE) if possible to replace Scheffler who wasn't that good anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread