What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

Skip Bayless is comedy gold. Just called non-tebowners, 'haters'.
Do you consider yourself a Tebow hater? Honest question.
Nope. I make fun of the guy becasue he's horrible. Some reason that is hating, which in itself is funny.
Static negative opinions based on preconceived notions = Hate
shnikies,http://youtu.be/rPv9eO4Uxro
Two Deep,Tebow: 2-1Orton: 1-4I didn't know patience and love were the same thing. :confused:

Nope. I make fun of the guy becasue he's horrible. Some reason that is hating, which in itself is funny.
:lmao: blind love for tebow. Oops I forgot. The Tebow.I'd swear you are the hairy scotsman recreated. Didn't end well for him.
I guess you don't know what blind love is. You might want to come up with more comparisons than just one failed quarterback, especially one that's on the complete other end of the spectrum when it comes to mental toughness.
The more you post your love for The Tebow, the more you prove me right.Here ya go. Alex Smith - He's better than tebow becasue he has more wins.ya can't win this.

:lmao: blind love for tebow. Oops I forgot. The Tebow.I'd swear you are the hairy scotsman recreated. Didn't end well for him.
I guess you don't know what blind love is. You might want to come up with more comparisons than just one failed quarterback, especially one that's on the complete other end of the spectrum when it comes to mental toughness.
The more you post your love for The Tebow, the more you prove me right.Here ya go.

Alex Smith - He's better than tebow becasue he has more wins.

ya can't win this.
My take on Tebow: "He has the 'potential' to be a top 32 quarterback."How does your post have any validity?

The more you post your love for The Tebow, the more you prove me right.Here ya go.

ya can't win this.
Psssssssst... you seem to be the only one who thinks you are "winning" anything in this thread.HTH

Not to mention, how is 26-32 better than 3-3?Static negative opinions based on preconceived notions = Hate

ya can't win this.
My take on Tebow: "He has the 'potential' to be a top 32 quarterback."How does your post have any validity?

Not to mention, how is 26-32 better than 3-3?Static negative opinions based on preconceived notions = Hate

ya can't win this.
I call pissing contest. Let's watch another 3 or 4 games before we pass judgement. I don't think I have ever seen another QB where people jump on a good or bad game so quickly, so early in their career, and use it to make pronouncements on their future career. There has been plenty to like and plenty to be concerned about; if he is going to last he will need to improve. But he has shown a lot more than the haters want to admit, even as a passer.

ya can't win this.
I call pissing contest. Let's watch another 3 or 4 games before we pass judgement. I don't think I have ever seen another QB where people jump on a good or bad game so quickly, so early in their career, and use it to make pronouncements on their future career. There has been plenty to like and plenty to be concerned about; if he is going to last he will need to improve. But he has shown a lot more than the haters want to admit, even as a passer.
How is it a pissing contest when he's the only one pissing? I'm simply saying to give him a chance. I'm not crowning him as an elite quarterback or even having the potential to be an elite quarterback.

I thought he was just mumbling to himself on that last post. There will definately be enough of a sample of The Tebow to determine his validity as a SuperBowl contending QB. The tebowners will not be able to say he never got a chance because he's going to be around a while. His destiny awaits him as a clipboard holding injury fill in. After all, he's not Rick Mirer or Heath Shuler horrible.

I thought he was just mumbling to himself on that last post. There will definately be enough of a sample of The Tebow to determine his validity as a SuperBowl contending QB. The tebowners will not be able to say he never got a chance because he's going to be around a while. His destiny awaits him as a clipboard holding injury fill in. After all, he's not Rick Mirer or Heath Shuler horrible.
:fishing: :thumbsup:

The more you post your love for The Tebow, the more you prove me right.Here ya go. Alex Smith - He's better than tebow becasue he has more wins.ya can't win this.
one step further:Alex Smith's 7-1 record makes him the second-best QB in the NFL after Rodgers.

one step further:Alex Smith's 7-1 record makes him the second-best QB in the NFL after Rodgers.
Compared to the other quarterback on the 49ers whose record this year is....?

zero wins. Smith is that good. They can't win a game without him. The broncos on the other hand can win without The tebow and have proven it.You fell right into that one.

zero wins. Smith is that good. They can't win a game without him. The broncos on the other hand can win without The tebow and have proven it.You fell right into that one.
I'm pretty sure zero wins is not a record. Your awful points are actually amusing.
Not nearly as amusing as yours lack of points. :lmao: I told you you could never win this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Observations from the Raiders game:

Tebow's delivery is so inconsistent from throw to throw, some passes look great, while others are just downright awful. Wondering if it's a product of the coaches trying to change his throwing motion, poor footwork, or just plain inconsistency.

I think people focus so much on Tebow that they overlook the fact that the entire Broncos offense is having to learn to "sell" new plays. Execution of certain plays (particularly the zone read) look much improved from the Miami game. Others (designed QB draws and screens) still need a lot of work.

Tebow looks much more comfortable vs. man defense.

Why isn't Daniel Fells on the field more? He and Tebow seem to be on the same page more often than not.

If I'm the opposing D, I'm challenging Tebow to throw to the sidelines every down. He looks much better throwing crossing and post routes vs sideline patterns.

Tebow should be pissed the broncos traded Lloyd, he's the one true playmaker the broncos had in the passing game.

He's a much easier to watch if you just think of him as a RB who happens to throw the ball 25+ times a game. Certainly easy to appreciate his FF value if you think of it this way.

I'm pretty sure zero wins is not a record. Your awful points are actually amusing.
Not nearly as amusing as yours lack of points. :lmao: I told you you could never win this.
:fishing:

Forgive the intrusion, and I am not the spelling police, but this one is a pet peeve....THERE IS NO "A" IN DEFINITELY. Carry on.

'Apple Jack said:
Forgive the intrusion, and I am not the spelling police, but this one is a pet peeve....THERE IS NO "A" IN DEFINITELY. Carry on.
Definately :fishing: MWAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!

'FavreCo said:
The broncos on the other hand can win without The tebow and have proven it.
Oh, right. They won one game out of five without Tebow starting. Impressive.But bringing other teams into this conflates shnikies' point. The Broncos were 1-4 before Tebow started. They are 2-1 since he became the starter. Therefore, the Broncos are a better team with Tebow playing QB.Nobody is proclaiming the Broncos are now the best team in the NFL. But they're not a 3-13 team anymore either, which is what they were on pace to be with Orton.

'Apple Jack said:
Have you noticed the 20 other people that were on your side prior to Sunday haven't been posted since the Raiders game? I respect them for understanding they have no case until further notice.

'Apple Jack said:
Have you noticed the 20 other people that were on your side prior to Sunday haven't been posted since the Raiders game? I respect them for understanding they have no case until further notice.
Gotcha. You respect someone who flames The Tebow only when he plays bad and disappears when the team wins and he plays better (because you can't play worse than he did vs Detroit.) You are not helping your cause.Same thing happned with David Carr. Same thing with Vince Young. At the end of it all, I ended up on top. You will meet the same fate.

'chinawildman said:
Tebow should be pissed the broncos traded Lloyd, he's the one true playmaker the broncos had in the passing game.He's a much easier to watch if you just think of him as a RB who happens to throw the ball 25+ times a game. Certainly easy to appreciate his FF value if you think of it this way.
Yes--on both counts. I was actually targeting Tebow from the beginning after his FF performance last season so the Lloyd trade was really disappointing. Soon as he replaced Orton in week4 I picked him up despite that. Whatever else one doesn't like you sure can't complain about his fantasy point production.

'Apple Jack said:
Gotcha. You respect someone who flames The Tebow only when he plays bad and disappears when the team wins and he plays better (because you can't play worse than he did vs Detroit.) You are not helping your cause.Same thing happned with David Carr. Same thing with Vince Young. At the end of it all, I ended up on top. You will meet the same fate.
Come back if Tebow ends up failing. Until then you're basically a broken record. /endfavrecointhisthread

'Apple Jack said:
Come back if Tebow ends up failing. Until then you're basically a broken record. /endfavrecointhisthread
No way. You will be long gone by then. I also like to hear the excuses when he takes his beatdowns against real defenses as explained by Todd McShay a few minutes ago. You'll rehash - no WR's and no OL and bad playcalling, etc. etc. etc.

Tebow threw for 300 yards for his first time during his 2nd start. Young threw for 300 yards for his first time during his 24th start.

Tebow has rushed for 90+ yards twice in 6 starts. Young has rushed for 90+ yard zero times in 47 starts.

'Apple Jack said:
Nothing to add here, but c'mon shnikies... you keep quoting him and screwing up my ignore feature.

'Apple Jack said:
Nothing to add here, but c'mon shnikies... you keep quoting him and screwing up my ignore feature.
Sorry. I'm a sucker for fishers.

Ok shnikies. Give me your timeframe for this guy right now. How long do you give this guy before pulling the plug and I don't want to hear excuses like I heard regarding other hack QBs.

On the ignore feature. :yawn:

Ok shnikies. Give me your timeframe for this guy right now. How long do you give this guy before pulling the plug and I don't want to hear excuses like I heard regarding other hack QBs.
He gets the rest of the year since he already earned that.

He gets the rest of the year since he already earned that.
I'll agree with that and even give him all of next year and more. If a guy like David Garrard can play as long as he did and never do anyting, The Tebow should get that much time to show if he can get it done.

That's because people though he had talent. I knew he didn't after a handful of games. Thus I had to beat that into people's heads when they couldn't grasp it.
Oh, so it's another one of those "I was right about this one thing 5+ years ago." What are your other hobbies?

I don't see how anyone can say The Tebow is not good. You play to win the game and that is what The Tebow does. He is playing with subpar talent around him and is enough of a threat that he can dump off, run, throw a midrange ball. Yeah, he won't throw an accurate 50-yard pass but who cares. He wins games.

Long live The Tebow.

I don't see how anyone can say The Tebow is not good. You play to win the game and that is what The Tebow does. He is playing with subpar talent around him and is enough of a threat that he can dump off, run, throw a midrange ball. Yeah, he won't throw an accurate 50-yard pass but who cares. He wins games.Long live The Tebow.
He's not good.See that?

Can we just agree to collectively ignore Farveco? Sounds like he's 10 years old - and immature for his age.
I have to admit this made me laugh.I don't mind someone forming a counter argument to something they are passionate about. In fantasy football you can become very passionate for or against a player or team, but FavreCo is not doing a very good job of formulating good arguments to prove his dislike of Tebow.Everyone knows Tebow has a ways to go to be an effective starter in this league. Tebow is a unique player with a unique skill set and no one including Denver themselves know if his skill set can work for the long run. So FavreCo continuouslly calling him out by comparing him to Carr, and Young and saying he sucks is not a valid argument against Tebow.

Can we just agree to collectively ignore Farveco? Sounds like he's 10 years old - and immature for his age.
I have to admit this made me laugh.I don't mind someone forming a counter argument to something they are passionate about. In fantasy football you can become very passionate for or against a player or team, but FavreCo is not doing a very good job of formulating good arguments to prove his dislike of Tebow.Everyone knows Tebow has a ways to go to be an effective starter in this league. Tebow is a unique player with a unique skill set and no one including Denver themselves know if his skill set can work for the long run. So FavreCo continuouslly calling him out by comparing him to Carr, and Young and saying he sucks is not a valid argument against Tebow.
In all seriousness, regardless of which side of the argument he's on, it's probably been one of the worst string of posts I've ever seen here in the pool. It's pretty patently obvious that he's just trolling right down to the definition of the word, giving nothing but offhand remarks with no intent other than to get a rise out of schnikies.I've been here a long time and never really noticed him before (which isn't suprising at this point, as it doesn't look like he has it in him to make any kind of worthwhile argument that people would remember), but I'm actually impressed that he's found a way to make it this long without being banned.

In all seriousness, regardless of which side of the argument he's on, it's probably been one of the worst string of posts I've ever seen here in the pool. It's pretty patently obvious that he's just trolling right down to the definition of the word, giving nothing but offhand remarks with no intent other than to get a rise out of schnikies.I've been here a long time and never really noticed him before (which isn't suprising at this point, as it doesn't look like he has it in him to make any kind of worthwhile argument that people would remember), but I'm actually impressed that he's found a way to make it this long without being banned.
He was :fishing: and I'm a sucker. I'll admit it.

shnikies,http://youtu.be/rPv9eO4Uxro
Two Deep,Tebow: 2-1Orton: 1-4I didn't know patience and love were the same thing. :confused:
By season's end the Emperor will have no clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread