What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

'proninja said:
Can we just agree to collectively ignore Farveco? Sounds like he's 10 years old - and immature for his age.
I'm on board. I'll stop being part of the problem and start being part of the solution. Who else is with us on the LHUCKS plan for farveco?
I think thats a bit extreme. At least we can all laugh at farveco... There is some lulz potential here. Lhucks, on the other hand, just t tends to piss folks off.

What you're ignoring is Tebow has looked awful out of the shotgun too. So plenty of those plays have been thrown away too - or resulted in defensive touchdowns as was the case against the Lions. I can't blame Fox if Tebow is giving him nothing to build on. He's been awful regardless of the formation with the exception of a few minutes of playing time. That's not on Fox. That's on Tebow and his lack of ability. You want to completely revamp an offense to fit a player who has provided no indication whatsoever he can succeed in that new revamped offense. Criticize Fox all you want (and let's be clear, I'm not a huge John Fox fan), but your idea isn't any better than what he's done so far. The reason why his approach and your approach can't work is because Tim Tebow stinks as a quarterback. He's stunk under center and he's stunk in the shotgun. He's just stunk. Until he shows some signs he can play the position consistently it won't matter what formation the team uses.
If someone's argument boils down to "He can only succeed if the coach installs the exact same offense that he ran in college", then it's probably not a very strong argument.
:lol:http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_19294314?source=commented-

'FavreCo said:
'jonboltz said:
'shnikies said:
He was :fishing: and I'm a sucker. I'll admit it.
You should have seen him after Leftwich was cut for Garrard.
I remember that. Where's Garrard now? Case closed on that one.
You might want to have a look at what Leftwich did after leaving Jacksonville before putting all that integrity of yours on the line with such a definitive statement.

'proninja said:
If Tebow doesn't make it as a NFL quarterback long term, which I think most of us agree is somewhere between in play and extremely likely, you still won't have any reason to beat your chest
great answer. :lmao: You guys are just like the crews that championed bums like David Carr, Vince Young and yes, I forgot, David Garrabage. Ya all start out thinking you know something about NFL QBs and then you flame out over time and disappear. To the guy that blabbered about Garrard/Leftwich. Who can't even make it in the league now as a backup? Leftwich is not very good but he's in the NFL. You may want to look under some bridge for David Garrard since Jax finally ####canned his ###.

The option. :lmao: If they have to run the option fulltime for The Tebow, they will never go anywhere. If the option was viable, teams would use it. They don't becasue it doesn't work at this level.

'proninja said:
If Tebow doesn't make it as a NFL quarterback long term, which I think most of us agree is somewhere between in play and extremely likely, you still won't have any reason to beat your chest
great answer. :lmao: You guys are just like the crews that championed bums like David Carr, Vince Young and yes, I forgot, David Garrabage. Ya all start out thinking you know something about NFL QBs and then you flame out over time and disappear. To the guy that blabbered about Garrard/Leftwich. Who can't even make it in the league now as a backup? Leftwich is not very good but he's in the NFL. You may want to look under some bridge for David Garrard since Jax finally ####canned his ###.

The option. :lmao: If they have to run the option fulltime for The Tebow, they will never go anywhere. If the option was viable, teams would use it. They don't becasue it doesn't work at this level.
They also don't use it because most of the NFL quarterbacks aren't athletic enough to run it and/or they do not want their QBs to get hurt. Yes, defensive speed is a big part of that too, but injury is the biggest concern among NFL coaches. Somehow, I don't think Denver cares too much about the injury issue. Tebow is also not as injury-prone as most. Imagine Bradford trying to run the option.

'proninja said:

I think everyone is wrong about someone from time-to-time, especially when you play fantasy football for many years. What I don't get it when people cannot admit that they misjudged someone.You whined incessantly when Leftwich was cut and Garrard was named the starter. You continued to whine all season as he went 9-3 as a starter, threw 18 TDs to only 3 interceptions. You whined in the offseason, even after Garrard led them to a comeback win in the playoffs in Pittsburgh, then performed well in a loss at New England.

You were wrong. He is and was a much better QB than Leftwich, and gave the Jags a much better chance to win. He wasn't a franchise QB, but a serviceable starter that was better than any other option they had. To continue to argue this point makes it difficult to take anything you say seriously.

Question:

I've heard several analysts make the point that when the Broncos run the read option that defenses will be told to hit Tebow regardless of whether he hands the balls off or not. My question is, in the NFL is that legal? If Tebow hands it off to McGahee to the left and then Tebow takes a step to his right then gets lit up, will that be a personal foul? I'm just curious if anyone knows the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question:I've heard several analysts make the point that when the Broncos run the read option that defenses will be told to hit Tebow regardless of whether he hands the balls off not. My question is, in the NFL is that legal? If Tebow hands it off to McGahee to the left and then Tebow takes a step to his right then gets lit up, will that be a personal foul? I'm just curious if anyone knows the answer.
Don't know for sure, but they do love protecting QBs. I remember they changed the rule on interceptions that you weren't allowed to blow up the QB if they were away from the play.Also, that strategy should leave your defense wide open to cutbacks from the RB or WR screens, etc. You can't go all out for the QB every time, the offense will know it's coming and counter you.

Question:I've heard several analysts make the point that when the Broncos run the read option that defenses will be told to hit Tebow regardless of whether he hands the balls off or not. My question is, in the NFL is that legal? If Tebow hands it off to McGahee to the left and then Tebow takes a step to his right then gets lit up, will that be a personal foul? I'm just curious if anyone knows the answer.
the qb is only protected when he has the football. If he is trying to throw a block he can get lit up to the extent that you can blow up a blocker.

Question:I've heard several analysts make the point that when the Broncos run the read option that defenses will be told to hit Tebow regardless of whether he hands the balls off or not. My question is, in the NFL is that legal? If Tebow hands it off to McGahee to the left and then Tebow takes a step to his right then gets lit up, will that be a personal foul? I'm just curious if anyone knows the answer.
the qb is only protected when he has the football. If he is trying to throw a block he can get lit up to the extent that you can blow up a blocker.
How is the QB not protected when he doesn't have the football? Late hit? Hit to the helmet? Hit below the knees? The reason why I think my scenario above would result in a personal foul is because if Tebow hands the ball off it's just like a regular handoff. Imagine if Tom Brady handed the ball off and a half second later a defensive end put his helmet into Brady' chest. It'd be a penalty. I doubt there's a rule that if the team is running the read option that the defense is allowed to hit the quarterback after the ball is handed off. If it's true and they can't hit Tebow then it makes running the option a whole lot easier. Thoughts?

I think he's referencing the rules regarding hits AFTER a QB throws the football and whether it applies on a handoff. I don't know the answer, my guess is it will draw a penalty if the hit is delivered too late, similar to how it works for passes. So yea the defense can blow up Tebow on a zone/read fake, but if it's done too late, it would be like blowing up a QB on a direct snap to the RB because he's carrying out a fake, which would draw a flag.

How is the QB not protected when he doesn't have the football? Late hit? Hit to the helmet? Hit below the knees? The reason why I think my scenario above would result in a personal foul is because if Tebow hands the ball off it's just like a regular handoff. Imagine if Tom Brady handed the ball off and a half second later a defensive end put his helmet into Brady' chest. It'd be a penalty. I doubt there's a rule that if the team is running the read option that the defense is allowed to hit the quarterback after the ball is handed off. If it's true and they can't hit Tebow then it makes running the option a whole lot easier. Thoughts?
I'm sure it'll just be a subjective determination by the refs on whether the defender could legitimately have believed that Tebow still had the ball. It will be interesting to see how they call it though. Someone here probably knows the rule better than I, but I assume that the rules against hitting the QB after the throw are so strict because it's considered a defenseless position, similar to a punter during and after the kick. After a handoff the QB isn't nearly as defenseless.

Has a team ever won a game when their QB completed NO passes? :unsure:
5 times, the last coming in 1974.http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=1940&year_max=2011&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&game_day_of_week=&game_location=&game_result=W&overtime=&league_id=&team_id=&opp_id=&conference_game=&division_game=&tm_is_playoff=&opp_is_playoff=&tm_is_winning=&opp_is_winning=&tm_scored_first=&tm_led=&tm_trailed=&c1stat=pass_cmp&c1comp=eq&c1val=0&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=game_date

Tebow, 3-1 as a starter for a team that was considered one of the worst in football.....guy obviously has no business being in the league.

I love watching Tebow play... just so I can see if the spread option can actually work in the NFL. I hated seeing him under center when they were trying to kill the clock... takes away the threat of him running and makes it so much easier to stop their offense.

He really is a terrible terrible passer though

I love watching Tebow play... just so I can see if the spread option can actually work in the NFL. I hated seeing him under center when they were trying to kill the clock... takes away the threat of him running and makes it so much easier to stop their offense.He really is a terrible terrible passer though
Tebow games are fun to watch no matter what. Kind of like a drunk chick at a party: don't know if her shirt is going to come off, she makes out with somebody, she oceans out or whatever! :thumbup:

Even as a Bronco homer I was thinking 4 wins this year--everything from this point on is gravy.

People just keep forgetting how low the expectations were for this team.

Tebow has done everything he needs to do at this point and until another team stops it, keep on going.

I was checking stats on my phone and thought something was wrong... HA!!!!!! This is Tebow's floor. 17 pts... so money.

I was checking stats on my phone and thought something was wrong... HA!!!!!! This is Tebow's floor. 17 pts... so money.
My thoughts as well...17 pt floor. 17 is 17 so I don't care if its ugly or not, but love the potential upside each week.
13 is his floor since that's what he got against the Lions.
Technically that's so but it was his first start and they're playing a different offensive front. It's not ever going to be purty but his rushing ydge will carry him in many scoring systems.

Question: Does Favreco come in here this week?
Why wouldn't I. I don't disappear and run and hide like others.Creampuff opponents are over with. I already predicted the win over the hapless Chiefs. ####, they lost to Miami. Next up, Jets. Any of you man enough to predict how that goes for Tebow? I am and I predict a loss and another terrible performance as we saw today. This type of football will get you nowhere.

My thoughts as well...17 pt floor. 17 is 17 so I don't care if its ugly or not, but love the potential upside each week.
13 is his floor since that's what he got against the Lions.
Technically that's so but it was his first start and they're playing a different offensive front. It's not ever going to be purty but his rushing ydge will carry him in many scoring systems.
his floor would have been without the 2 TDs. he just had a 2 completion game, if people are still considering him as their fantasy #1 QB who will carry them in the playoffs you are thinking wrong. now is the time to trade him, due to his popularity and high point total

I feel sorry for you Denver fans. In addition to having the worst coach in the league, now you have a QB that only completes two passes in a game entrenching himself as the starter.

I feel sorry for you Denver fans. In addition to having the worst coach in the league, now you have a QB that only completes two passes in a game entrenching himself as the starter.
One game out of first.....Who would you rather be from here on out Broncos with a charged up QB doing everything they can with smoke and mirrors and effort to win or the Chargers who are quitting?Oh ETA - how's Norv doing these days ? Is Fox really worse than Norv?

Last edited by a moderator:
Panther fans running smack is amusing.
That wouldn't be smack in my book.How many Denver fan's here think Tebow is the QB solution and the guy you want leading your franchise for the next 5-10 years? Personally I'm rooting for him, but I don't think he makes it. If he's success enough this year, he sets the team back another year. I don't see how you can get rid of guy with a winning record given this team's talent level.

One game out of first.....Who would you rather be from here on out Broncos with a charged up QB doing everything they can with smoke and mirrors and effort to win or the Chargers who are quitting?Oh ETA - how's Norv doing these days ? Is Fox really worse than Norv?
I'd rather be the Chargers by a long shot.I'd rather have Al Davis, then Norv.

"You play to win the game"
Do you play to...1) Win the game.2) Make the playoffs.3) Do well in the playoffs.4) Win the title.Many fans and fanbases have different expectations. I don't have an answer to that question. Those putting more focus on the first two should be very happy with Tebow. Many contend those looking toward the back end of that list think Tebow isn't the guy.

Why wouldn't I. I don't disappear and run and hide like others.Creampuff opponents are over with. I already predicted the win over the hapless Chiefs. ####, they lost to Miami. Next up, Jets. Any of you man enough to predict how that goes for Tebow? I am and I predict a loss and another terrible performance as we saw today. This type of football will get you nowhere.
For the majority in this thread - you have already lost this argument. Most of us argued fantasy value - and that's already proven.

For the majority in this thread - you have already lost this argument. Most of us argued fantasy value - and that's already proven.
:lmao:

while football players certainly "Play to win the game", most fans just want to be entertained.

I'd say 95% of NFL fans go to work the day after their team loses a game and it doesn't phase them in the least. If they do happen to go to the game, sure they want to win but more importantly they want to have a good time and enjoy entertainment. Same if watching on TV.

While Tim Tebow might or might not become a Super Bowl winning QB, make no mistake about it when he plays it is entertaining. And you know what, I'm buying it. I lean to the support Tebow side, but I'll tell you the Detroit debacle was must see TV. I'm sorry I didn't get to see this weeks game to see an offense with two completed passes dominate a game. Just watching the talking heads be unable to explain how they are winning with him is priceless.

With that I'll given you the reason he is a success, at least in my eyes........because I like watching. TV advertisers get it, as do websites like PFT and ESPN who constantly birage you with stories on him because we keep buying.

SuperBowl or not, he is successful and I'll turn on the Denver game any chance I get just to see what happens. And I could care less about the Broncos.

Users who are viewing this thread