What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (1 Viewer)

for those keeping score at home: out of the 6 incomplete passes, 5 of them hit the receiver in the hands. He had only one terrible throw all day.

Also, they didn't attempt a pass until well into the 2nd qtr. The rushing attack was so strong that they just kept pounding it, and that seems to have been the game plan.
Can you elaborate on this?Were they good throws?

Drops?

Played well be the defenders. I unfortunately did not get to see the game.
video linkFox's Commentary on the one throw into the dirt

In a victory last week over Kansas City, Tebow attempted only eight passes the entire game. You saw that right. Eight. Total. Passes. But maybe even more incredible, he completed only two. And Denver still won. In fact, Tebow is only the fifth quarterback since 1980 to throw all of his team's passes, complete two or fewer and still win.

It's questionable whether Tebow or Decker was wrong on #3, but Royal was definitely held on #2.
#3 was clearly a bad pass. The camera doesn't show it but it looks like Decker had a couple steps on the defensive back. The throw was either late or under-thrown. Sometimes it's the right pass to under-throw but it doesn't seem like this was the time to do it.
I agree with you, but am inclined to point out that it was a pass 40 yards down-field. Not every NFL caliber QB has pinpoint accuracy from 40 yards.

It's questionable whether Tebow or Decker was wrong on #3, but Royal was definitely held on #2.
#3 was clearly a bad pass. The camera doesn't show it but it looks like Decker had a couple steps on the defensive back. The throw was either late or under-thrown. Sometimes it's the right pass to under-throw but it doesn't seem like this was the time to do it.
I agree with you, but am inclined to point out that it was a pass 40 yards down-field. Not every NFL caliber QB has pinpoint accuracy from 40 yards.
If he threw it earlier or further it wouldn't have to be incredibly accurate. It would just need to be accurate enough to let the receiver run under it.

It's amazing that everyone isn't singing the praises of Eric Decker. This guy has 8 total TDs already, on an offense with a struggling passing attack. He has proven to be a tremendous deep threat, constantly getting open (if Tebow had hit him on some other deep routes, he'd quite possibly be leading the league in TDs) and clearly is an elite playmaker, as evidenced by his 90 yard punt return for a touchdown.

But despite all this, for some unknown reason, people still label him as "lacking speed," and even Skip Bayless, during his lonely defense of Tebow on ESPN, has seen fit to constantly denigrate him (saying things like, "Eric Decker? Are you kidding me?) Facts are facts, and Decker's performance thus far this season should have earned him the reputation of being one of the NFL's bright young stars.

Instead, I'm sure, even if he scores 15 TDs this year, that most fans and "journalists" will claim Demarious Thomas has "more upside" or "a higher ceiling." And if Thomas continues to be invisible, they will clamor for "a true #1 receiver." Then, if they get "a true #1 receiver," and he puts up half the stats Decker did, no one will note the absurdity of the situation.

One other thing to consider is that every good QB in the league talks about rhythm and getting comfortable throwing the ball in a game. When you throw the ball once a quarter, that has to be impossible. Not that this is for or against Tebow, but I think if you're going to throw once or twice a quarter, your expectations for those passes need to be adjusted.

It's amazing that everyone isn't singing the praises of Eric Decker. This guy has 8 total TDs already, on an offense with a struggling passing attack. He has proven to be a tremendous deep threat, constantly getting open (if Tebow had hit him on some other deep routes, he'd quite possibly be leading the league in TDs) and clearly is an elite playmaker, as evidenced by his 90 yard punt return for a touchdown. But despite all this, for some unknown reason, people still label him as "lacking speed," and even Skip Bayless, during his lonely defense of Tebow on ESPN, has seen fit to constantly denigrate him (saying things like, "Eric Decker? Are you kidding me?) Facts are facts, and Decker's performance thus far this season should have earned him the reputation of being one of the NFL's bright young stars. Instead, I'm sure, even if he scores 15 TDs this year, that most fans and "journalists" will claim Demarious Thomas has "more upside" or "a higher ceiling." And if Thomas continues to be invisible, they will clamor for "a true #1 receiver." Then, if they get "a true #1 receiver," and he puts up half the stats Decker did, no one will note the absurdity of the situation.
I'm with you. Tim Tebow is not talented as a NFL QB. but all you hear Skip Bayless say is he is a football player and a winner and makes things happen... sing his praises. Well the same should be said for Decker. This kid has been nothing but a true football player from college to the pros.....he just makes plays.

royal throw was his best of the game.
A throw he had to Royal in the Raiders game was his best also. It was down the right sideline and Royal jumped and couldn't get his feet in bounds. The announcers were ripping Tebow for not giving Royal a chance to land in bounds. It was pretty funny how stupid they sounded.

A throw he had to Royal in the Raiders game was his best also. It was down the right sideline and Royal jumped and couldn't get his feet in bounds. The announcers were ripping Tebow for not giving Royal a chance to land in bounds. It was pretty funny how stupid they sounded.
If Royal is having to jump to catch the ball and try to land in bounds and that was his best throw :lmao: That should say something about his accuracy.

If Royal is having to jump to catch the ball and try to land in bounds and that was his best throw :lmao: That should say something about his accuracy.
It was perfectly thrown over a defensive back. He couldn't have put it in a better spot. Royal didn't have the awareness to get his feet in bounds. Yes, it was his best throw.

It was perfectly thrown over a defensive back. He couldn't have put it in a better spot. Royal didn't have the awareness to get his feet in bounds. Yes, it was his best throw.
:rolleyes: Because of your blind alligence you have no credibility.

:rolleyes: Because of your blind alligence you have no credibility.
I'm not sure what alligence is but I haven't shown blind whatever that is once.

If I root for an AFC team, it is the Jets but they are going to get Tebowed tonight. The Tebow is going to scorch them for about 120 yards passing, 70 yards running, and two TD's.

On pace to be easily the most underrated player in NFL history
That's because he's winning ugly instead of losing pretty. And maybe because everyone's bracing themselves for what they feel is the inevitable day when teams figure out how to stop him in that read option. I think it's pretty cool myself, and picked him up as soon as he became relevant--but don't have him starting tonight, given that irresistable matchup of Carson Palmer playing Minnesota. :cool:

Doesn't get much weirder than this....

Denver Jewish Day School and Tebowing.com, founded by JDS alumnus Jared Kleinstein, are teaming up to sell Tebowing T-shirts before tonight's Denver Broncos game. Proceeds go to the school.

Tebowing T-shirts, an homage to Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow's kneeling in solitary prayer on the sidelines during games, will be on sale 5-6:30 p.m. near the stadium, on the corner of West 20th Avenue and Federal Boulevard, school officials said.

Tebowing.com is a site dedicated to posting photos of other people kneeling in prayer ala Tebow while everyone around them is doing something else.

"Denver JDS gave us everything we know today; we learned how to study, work hard and convince the entire world to send us pictures of people down on knee Tebowing," said Kleinstein, Class of 2005. "Fine, maybe we can't give the school credit for that in its entirety, but we owe the world to the JDS for the education we received."
From the Denver Post - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19359216So we have a Jewish school involved in selling T-Shirts showing Tebow praying and worshiping Jesus?

Wow.... I was one of the critics but I have been converted. Some things transcend physical skills.

What's so amazing is how this entre team has rallied around him. The defense is suddenly a different unit. Actually awesome now. They play for him.

This is the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen...the haters can shove it...they just beat the best team they are gonna play the rest of the year.

I don't get it. How can a QB be so unproductive for 3 1/2 quarters and then turn it on in the last five or ten minutes?
I don't completely get it either and it does make you wonder if the curtain is going to fall at some point. But on the other hand, there are some guys who just choke in the fourth Q and there are others who are money when the pressure is high. It could also have something to do with play calling in 4th Q when game is on the line--maybe OC turns him loose more?

What's so amazing is how this entre team has rallied around him. The defense is suddenly a different unit. Actually awesome now. They play for him.
Leadership. He seems to bring out the best in people. I normally can't stand religious people, but with this guy I find myself pulling for him. Something very special going on here.

that was ridiculous and so awesome to watch. fantasy wise the one thing to pull out of this is if you had Tebow as your QB you might have just got your last gasp to trade him. you have to get rid of him as soon as possible

I don't get it. How can a QB be so unproductive for 3 1/2 quarters and then turn it on in the last five or ten minutes?
I don't completely get it either and it does make you wonder if the curtain is going to fall at some point. But on the other hand, there are some guys who just choke in the fourth Q and there are others who are money when the pressure is high. It could also have something to do with play calling in 4th Q when game is on the line--maybe OC turns him loose more?
It's all Tebow.

that was ridiculous and so awesome to watch. fantasy wise the one thing to pull out of this is if you had Tebow as your QB you might have just got your last gasp to trade him. you have to get rid of him as soon as possible
:confused: 16.96 pts in a low scoring game. Sanchez there for 252 & only had points

Users who are viewing this thread