Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Finless

Official Tim Tebow - The Tebow Era Begins

I'm not sure if 'clutch' is a myth, but I've never seen someone so awful be so clutch. Missed receivers 10 yards downfield all night. Even on that last drive, Rosario bailed him out. I know he's 4-1, but it a pitcher in baseball was 4-1 with an 11.00 ERA, would we think he's fantastic? What a strange game....amazing he's even had a chance to make a couple of the comebacks he's made.

God help defenses if this kid ever learns to throw.

At some point John elway will go down to the practice field and start helping him. At that point, anything can happen.

I don't get it. How can a QB be so unproductive for 3 1/2 quarters and then turn it on in the last five or ten minutes?

They run the hurry up spread offense out of necessity when they should run it regularly. It's borderline absurd they don't do it.

that was ridiculous and so awesome to watch. fantasy wise the one thing to pull out of this is if you had Tebow as your QB you might have just got your last gasp to trade him. you have to get rid of him as soon as possible

Stop that...Name a better defense hes going to play the rest of the year... stop that ....you negative nancy

Sanchez doesn't throw a pick six and Tebow doesn't have "it"

Good thing for Tim that he didn't return the favor, what with him being so awful and all...

Same thing with the onside kick recovery a few weeks ago. I think there must be some divine intervention going on. ;)

I'm not sure if 'clutch' is a myth, but I've never seen someone so awful be so clutch. Missed receivers 10 yards downfield all night. Even on that last drive, Rosario bailed him out. I know he's 4-1, but it a pitcher in baseball was 4-1 with an 11.00 ERA, would we think he's fantastic? What a strange game....amazing he's even had a chance to make a couple of the comebacks he's made.

If the pitcher hit grand slams in the bottom of the 9th in two of those games we might

Yeah......okay and I will go back through every NFL game and say..."if (insert name) doesn't do this, this happens" try again

Funny stuff, but it won't last unless he can start completing > 50% of his passes.

Joe Flacco went 10 for 31 against the Jets this year. I'm not saying Tebow can't improve, because he can. But he hardly got a chance to throw last week and then this week he made some throws and missed some throws.Still, this is an incredible pass defense he was playing and he got it done. But he does have to improve.

That isn't really fair when Tebow turns it back upfield by the sideline since the DB knows he will be penalized and fined if he decks him going out of bounds.

He also had some receivers drop some passes.But lets face it, his running game is part of what makes him special. He's not going to ever be Brady or Manning. But he can also do things that Brady and Manning can't do.

If I root for an AFC team, it is the Jets but they are going to get Tebowed tonight. The Tebow is going to scorch them for about 120 yards passing, 70 yards running, and two TD's.

Pretty darn close.

The Broncos have a legitimate shot at .500 this season. If they can beat Minny/KC/Buffalo and lose to New England/San Diego and Chicago.

If the pitcher hit grand slams in the bottom of the 9th in two of those games we might
:goodposting:

The Broncos have a legitimate shot at .500 this season. If they can beat Minny/KC/Buffalo and lose to New England/San Diego and Chicago.

Can you say AFC West Champion Broncos? :excited::bow:-QG

They can beat San Diego.

He also had some receivers drop some passes.But lets face it, his running game is part of what makes him special. He's not going to ever be Brady or Manning. But he can also do things that Brady and Manning can't do.
He doesn't need to be them to be effective. Long term though, he does need to become a more consistent passer. I think he will. The lockout probably hurt him a lot, as they say the second year is when players usually make a big leap during off season. It seemed like he was throwing better last season than he is now, so either Fox and company have messed with his motion too much, or else he just lost it during that long off season.And let's not forget that he is playing with two second year players--one who just recovered from a very serious injury. His HBs are, well, not exactly top shelf. Edited by az_prof

They can beat San Diego.
They're probably the better team right now, I just think something falls apart soon.I can't see them beating NE or Chicago whatever happens though.

Funny stuff, but it won't last unless he can start completing > 50% of his passes.

He wouldn't be the first QB to ever improve his completion percentage from his first 7 starts. John Elway's was 37.5% at this point in his career, if I'm not mistaken.

That's actually a pretty good analogy; Tebow's like a pitcher (National League) that can't pitch very well, but he's such a good hitter he stays in the rotation anyway.

If he was 9-0 and the QB for GB, Id still hate him just like I did when he was at Florida and he/his team was unstoppable.

Being the .500 Broncos QB though and having comeback after comeback makes me surprisngly want to root for him :football:

Guest General Tso

Jesus christ. He just thanked his lord and savior jesus christ.

Heck, he's got me believin'. I need all the help I can get these days. :banned:

I like how Cromartie stood in the end zone and watched Tebow run for a touchdown. He wanted nothing to do with Tebow.

You can't stop God.

Guest General Tso

Now he's talking about sick babies in hospitals!!!

I like how Cromartie stood in the end zone and watched Tebow run for a touchdown. He wanted nothing to do with Tebow.

:lmao: "Ohhhh, ohhhhhhh, try as I might, I just can't get off this WR block..."

:lmao: "Ohhhh, ohhhhhhh, try as I might, I just can't get off this WR block..."
No one dare tackle the Lord's anointed.

He's so hate able.Love it.

:goodposting: I threw up in my mouth a few times during his post game interview. Deion and Irving certainly don't help either, but hopefully the kid learns to cut down on the self-righteousness at some point

:goodposting: I threw up in my mouth a few times during his post game interview. Deion and Irving certainly don't help either, but hopefully the kid learns to cut down on the self-righteousness at some point
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Deion - "That was a business decision - the guy is 240#"

Odd...outside of mentioning "needing to have faith" I didn't get that impression at all--and I far from a religious person.

I hate the gators with the fire of a thousand suns. But I hate John elway even more. So watching him see dreams of Matt Barkley fade away makes me smile.