Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Finless

Official Tim Tebow - The Tebow Era Begins

Man, I wish Revis tried to actually tackle Tebow on that last drive run. He would have had cleat marks on his chest. That would have been fantastic.

Given his assets and limitations - he appears to be a hard worker, understand offenses and defenses, able to use his emotions to his advantage, able to take chances to shift momentum, and a tremendous motivator, but isn't accurate or always a great after-the-snap decision-maker, he may well have a coaching career ahead of him. I'll be interested to see if that happens. Meantime, he's a lot of fun to watch for about the last 5 minutes of every game.

royal throw was his best of the game.

A throw he had to Royal in the Raiders game was his best also. It was down the right sideline and Royal jumped and couldn't get his feet in bounds. The announcers were ripping Tebow for not giving Royal a chance to land in bounds. It was pretty funny how stupid they sounded.
If Royal is having to jump to catch the ball and try to land in bounds and that was his best throw :lmao: That should say something about his accuracy.
It was perfectly thrown over a defensive back. He couldn't have put it in a better spot. Royal didn't have the awareness to get his feet in bounds. Yes, it was his best throw.
:rolleyes: Because of your blind alligence you have no credibility.
Here you go smart guy. You be the judge.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ1KZjqBnog

Look, I am a Bronco fan and I was on board with losing every game this year if it meant we could get a franchise QB in the draft next year. For the last 4 weeks I have been complaining and hating on Tebow and rooting for him to fail. After last nights game I am just going to go along for the ride and enjoy it while it is good. I still think his long term prospects are horrible and that he will never be even an average NFL QB. And this probably will set the franchise back at least another 2 years.

However, when you look at qualities and abilities that you want in a QB like leadership, character, ability to be cool under pressure, good decision-making, strong arm, accurate arm and the ability to take a hit - he has almost all of them. He doesnt have an accurate arm. He isnt making the best decisions. But fortunately, out of all the qualities listed, those are the 2 that you might be able to teach a QB with time and repetition.

So I am holding out hope that Orange Jesus can grow into something resembling a passable NFL QB. And I am going to enjoy the ride. Things definitely are more fun and enjoyable for a Denver fan than they were 5 weeks ago.

This is how most of us Broncos fan's feel that I've encountered. So much info in this thread is wrong. Those of us that have seen him in practice and games know what he is. We know we probably aren't going to win longterm with him but we aren't dead set against it - there's always hope. We hope we are magically able to beat teams that will actually force us to throw. Or we hope we can just run on every team in the league. Neither is likely but who the hell cares. We can hope.

So many incorrect things being tossed around through. Hardcore Bronco fans know:

- Lloyd had to be traded. Tebow felt uncomfortable because Lloyd voiced his opinion that he wanted out if Orton wasn't tossing him the ball. Lloyd didnt want to be here either.

- Our WRs are not horrible as some think. If you watch every minute of every game you know this. Decker, Royal and Thomas can be an above average WR core if all stay healthy. People who point to "drops" don't understand what it's like to catch a wobbly ball. A "catchable" ball is one that you don't really have to catch at all - you just grab it. If you're timing's good and you have good hands then it's almost like you're grabbing the ball instead of having to catch it. The easiest way to explain it is a nice spiral is like grabbing a ball that is hanging from a string. It's nice and smooth and you just snatch it. A wobbly ball is like trying to hold on to a cat while attempting to throw it into a tub of water. In your hands it's hard as hell to control.

- Fox has done everything humanly possible to make this work and is a helluva coach. He was a helluva coach in Carolina as well before the meddling owner got involved in personnel decisions (I'm an avid Panther's fan as well). For every point you can throw out (which I haven't seen any specific examples yet) I can throw out multiple ones of what he did well in Denver and Carolina. He's taking a team that doesn't have a lot and winning.

- When Denver had Tebow throwing a lot everyone was screaming he needed to run. Now he's running and some scream he needs to throw. Trust us, as Denver fans, we don't want him to throw more until he fixes a lot of things in that area. We saw what happens when he throws a lot and we're fine with the running and hoping his passing skills progress over time. Our Defense and ST saved us a few times, along with some Tebow plays at the end, but we know this can't happen every game against good teams.

- Tebow's really bad at picking up defensive reads and movement and really bad at throwing about half the throws that many people think a good QB needs to make. Tebow's really good at making improvisations in the running game and has an innate abilty to rally teammates around him at crucial times. He makes great plays for short amounts of time and horrible plays for long amounts of time. This could be hard to win with against good competition. I've seen people argue this, and if you do, you'll do it alone. Anyone who knows the game can see that he really, really struggles to read defenses a lot of the time.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is most of us fans in Denver are loving the ride we are on and literally are "living in the moment". We aren't looking ahead too much for fear of what might lie there. We just hope it's not too bad. We just want to win and if we can do it this way - so be it. But most of us are worried at least a bit.

Man, I wish Revis tried to actually tackle Tebow on that last drive run. He would have had cleat marks on his chest. That would have been fantastic.

Funny, because Revis looked like he didn't want any part of that.

A throw he had to Royal in the Raiders game was his best also. It was down the right sideline and Royal jumped and couldn't get his feet in bounds. The announcers were ripping Tebow for not giving Royal a chance to land in bounds. It was pretty funny how stupid they sounded.
If Royal is having to jump to catch the ball and try to land in bounds and that was his best throw :lmao: That should say something about his accuracy.
It was perfectly thrown over a defensive back. He couldn't have put it in a better spot. Royal didn't have the awareness to get his feet in bounds. Yes, it was his best throw.

Here you go smart guy. You be the judge.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QZ1KZjqBnog

You've got to be kidding, right? I must be misunderstanding what you're trying to say here. If so, apologies ahead of time.

That throw was supposed to be to Royal in stride down the sideline at full speed about 2 yards inside the chalk. If it was then the WR, Royal, could have had a buffer to slip towards the out of bounds to adjust to where the DB was in relation to where he was going to catch the ball. Instead the ball was behind him and he had to stop and turn around and it was at the very edge of the field of play and he had to make a heck of an adjustment to even come close to staying in bounds.

Look at it again - The Safety's late to help and Royal's got the CB beat. Look especially at the next to last replay they show. There is open field and no one in the picture at all behind Royal. If the pass is even close to accurate, and I mean frikkin anywhere, it's a TD.

Cris Carter makes that catch. Most WRs don't. If your point was the Royal isn't as great of a sideline dancer as Carter then I agree. If that's not your point then I really am lost. Really.

Edited by Hoss Style

- Our WRs are not horrible as some think. If you watch every minute of every game you know this. Decker, Royal and Thomas can be an above average WR core if all stay healthy. People who point to "drops" don't understand what it's like to catch a wobbly ball. A "catchable" ball is one that you don't really have to catch at all - you just grab it. If you're timing's good and you have good hands then it's almost like you're grabbing the ball instead of having to catch it. The easiest way to explain it is a nice spiral is like grabbing a ball that is hanging from a string. It's nice and smooth and you just snatch it. A wobbly ball is like trying to hold on to a cat while attempting to throw it into a tub of water. In your hands it's hard as hell to control.

Your notion that most QBs throw spirals on every play is poor.Your notion that those drops came on balls that were thrown end over end is poor.Your notion that that those balls are significantly more difficult to catch (especially for an NFL receiver) is only marginally true.Those were all *very* catchable balls that should have been caught by an NFL receiver, no questions asked. To try and argue that on those plays is an absolutely joke. If you want to make a generalized statement about spirals vs. wobblers then fine, but it doesn't apply there.

Cris Carter makes that catch. Most WRs don't. If your point was the Royal isn't as great of a sideline dancer as Carter then I agree. If that's not your point then I really am lost. Really.

:lmao:. Chris Carter? Really?That's a play that I would have expected my high school receivers to make every time, and if they couldn't then I wouldn't be throwing them the ball. Royal goofed up that play and let the ball get in on his facemask instead of catching it with his hands and it made him lose his balance and step out of bounds when he had plenty of room to stay in. That's a play that every NFL and D1 college wide receiver should be able to make. That ball was thrown outside shoulder, EXACTLY where that ball is supposed to be thrown to a covered receiver on the sidelines. This is not only quarterbacking 101 but football 101 here and if the concept of putting that ball on the outside shoulder eludes you then we can't even have this conversation. I guarantee you that even Elway would have told Tebow "nice throw" as he walked off the field if he were down on the sidelines there.These Denver WRs just seem to have no concept of where the boundaries are. That first drive of the Lions game Decker had a play in the back of the endzone where he had a full yard of room to get his feet down and inexplicably just jogged out the back without even attempting to get his feet in. Edited by FreeBaGeL

Anyone who knows the game can see that he really, really struggles to read defenses a lot of the time.

I remember some buzz about McDaniels drafting him in large part because he had innate ability to read lineman and LBs. McDaniels was just banking on his work ethic to learn NFL defenses and eventually develop to be a great overall reader of defenses. From what I have seen he is at his best when the game plan is scrapped late in the 4th and his presnap reads are more a part of the offense.

I think this Denver team is about to get really, really confident.

Watch the defense. Orange Crush II may be coming.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

I wouldn't want to be John Elway or John Fox right about now.It's a baffling situation to be sure. He's winning. He's doing it in heroic fashion. But he's looked horrendous the majority of the time.

That will be the issue. How can you convince your fan base that Tebow is not the future when he keeps winning games albeit in unusual/unsustainable fashion. But the kid is definitely good for the game.

The only question that needs to be asked is how many Super Bowls The Tebow will win during his career.Current line is: 2.5

Over
If Tebow leads the Broncos to multiple Super Bowl wins, I will really feel bad for Elway and Fox. It will be nearly impossible at that point to convince the fans that he'll never amount to anything.Stupid fans.

Broncos' Fox regrets comments about Tim Tebow he made to NFL.com

If John Fox had to do it over again, he might have shut off the film and paid better attention to who was in the room.

The Broncos' coach said for the first time in his 23-year NFL career as an assistant and head coach, he permitted an interview while watching game tape when he allowed NFL.com reporter Jeff Darlington to view it with him.

"I screwed up," Fox said today at his news conference. "What bothers me about that is I love Tim Tebow. How can you not? I'm his biggest fan."

Fox further explained that his passion escalates when it comes to game film. And the film that was playing while Darlington was in his office just happened to be the game against the Detroit Lions, who were in the process of licking Fox's Broncos, 45-10.

Fox was talking about how well Tebow operates the read-option offense that was implemented after the Lions' loss, but as he continued to get up caught up watching the film, he said about his quarterback: "If we were trying to run a regular offense, he'd be screwed."

Because of Tebow's nationwide popularity, the comment, which was largely viewed as brutally honest, went viral on the Internet, became the conversation subject of radio talk shows, and was scrolled repeatedly on the bottom of the NFL Network and ESPN programming.

Now that game day is finished for the week with the Broncos having defeated the Jets, 17-13, Thursday night in large part because of Tebow's final-minute heroics, Fox had time to reflect on the controversy.

"It's my fault," Fox said today. "What bothers me about that quote is I love the guy. All I was talking about was how this is a different way to run the ball. Everybody wants to put a name on it. All we're doing is tweaking the running game so we match up with what Tim does well. And I'm telling you, he's getting better as a passer. He is improving.

"But that was one time where I lost sleep over it. I don't ever lose sleep over things like this, but I felt terrible about it. We were 1-4 and now we're 5-5. Believe me, I'm Tim Tebow's biggest fan."

Funny stuff, but it won't last unless he can start completing > 50% of his passes.

He wouldn't be the first QB to ever improve his completion percentage from his first 7 starts. John Elway's was 37.5% at this point in his career, if I'm not mistaken.
What was Ryan Leaf's?
I agree 100%. There are billions of stats out there and people find certain ones to support their argument, take them totally out of context and then act like it's proving some point.At first it used to bug me but now I just ignore it and move on. For every out of context stat that is used that we could shoot down - there are a hundred others waiting to be used.Yes, Tebow is comparable to Elway. Indeed...:rolleyes:
I expected more from you two, especially you EBF. Is it really your intention to try and connect some magical dots to imply that I was saying that because both had poor completion percentages I meant to say that magically connects the two and guarantees that Tebow is going to become as good as Elway became?The point was that you said Tebow will have to increase his completion percentage. My point is simply that he's made 8 starts and MOST quarterbacks do improve their completion percentage from what they had in their first 8 starts. Not only is it not unheard of, it's actually pretty typical.

I wouldn't want to be John Elway or John Fox right about now.It's a baffling situation to be sure. He's winning. He's doing it in heroic fashion. But he's looked horrendous the majority of the time.

That will be the issue. How can you convince your fan base that Tebow is not the future when he keeps winning games albeit in unusual/unsustainable fashion. But the kid is definitely good for the game.

The only question that needs to be asked is how many Super Bowls The Tebow will win during his career.Current line is: 2.5

Over
If Tebow leads the Broncos to multiple Super Bowl wins, I will really feel bad for Elway and Fox. It will be nearly impossible at that point to convince the fans that he'll never amount to anything.Stupid fans.
:lmao:

Your notion that most QBs throw spirals on every play is poor.

Your notion that those drops came on balls that were thrown end over end is poor.

Your notion that that those balls are significantly more difficult to catch (especially for an NFL receiver) is only marginally true.

Those were all *very* catchable balls that should have been caught by an NFL receiver, no questions asked. To try and argue that on those plays is an absolutely joke. If you want to make a generalized statement about spirals vs. wobblers then fine, but it doesn't apply there.

:lmao:. Chris Carter? Really?

That's a play that I would have expected my high school receivers to make every time, and if they couldn't then I wouldn't be throwing them the ball. Royal goofed up that play and let the ball get in on his facemask instead of catching it with his hands and it made him lose his balance and step out of bounds when he had plenty of room to stay in. That's a play that every NFL and D1 college wide receiver should be able to make. That ball was thrown outside shoulder, EXACTLY where that ball is supposed to be thrown to a covered receiver on the sidelines. This is not only quarterbacking 101 but football 101 here and if the concept of putting that ball on the outside shoulder eludes you then we can't even have this conversation. I guarantee you that even Elway would have told Tebow "nice throw" as he walked off the field if he were down on the sidelines there.

These Denver WRs just seem to have no concept of where the boundaries are. That first drive of the Lions game Decker had a play in the back of the endzone where he had a full yard of room to get his feet down and inexplicably just jogged out the back without even attempting to get his feet in.

I give up. Almost everything you've said in here is wrong.

You were wrong about Decker in an earlier post. I gave my opinion from having watched him in person at practice and games as well as on TV. I then gave you current scouting reports on him from other professionals that agreed with me. I could go online and even find you friggin video that proves you wrong. But I realize - you're so off base that it wouldn't help. You're response to my physically seeing him play and to professional scounts was something along the lines of "They aren't always right! I'm right because I say so!" Ok. Cool. Can't argue with that, right?:mellow:

Now you take what I said about Tebow's ball not being catchable most of the time and turn it into my "notion of most QB throw spirals on every play is poor". What planet are you on? Are you even able to comprehend what I'm talking about? Or what this thread is about? Here's another of your gems which I never said: "the drops came on balls that were end over end". When did I say that? "End over end"? What were you reading? I could load of video of the ball not spiraling well or not having great touch. I could load up almost unlimited video of Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and how their balls look, to show what a great catchable ball looks like and how often they can throw it. And if you knew squat about a great pass you'd know it's not just spiral on the ball - it's where it's thrown and how much "gas" is put on it for the situation.

And those balls are a lot harder to catch. Did you play WR ever? I'm assuming you did since you are dropping your knowledge like you are still active in the NFL. If you played then you should know.

You come out and say that trying to argue that Royal shouldn't have caught that pass is a joke? You're last entire post is a joke. Everything you post is pretty much wrong and when I politely corrected you about Decker, and a few other things you said, you flew off the handle like I'd insulted your pride.

I'm not even responding to you any more. I'll end with this, though. You said that pass to Royal was exactly where it was supposed to be, huh? Exactly??. Since you're telling me about my team then I assume you're a Broncos fan. I know what play was supposed to be run there. Do you? Go ahead, fill me in. You can't. Do you know why? Because when the Safety was late and Royal got even with the CB the ball was supposed to be thrown about 2 yards inside the chalk to Royal in stride down the sideline and it most likely would have been a TD. How dare I disagree with you. Why would I even post a "joke" of a post as you called it. Guess why?

The WR coach said on local radio that that's what the play was supposed to be. That's why.

Have the last post and make up some more stuff. I'm done responding to you and your calling posts a "joke" when you don't even know what you're talking about.

*Edited* to remove a "WTF" and a "####". No matter if you feel it's ok to call others opinions a "joke" that doesn't mean I should respond with similar attacks. No offense intended there. Your post is still horrible, though.:excited:

Edited by Hoss Style

Anyone who knows the game can see that he really, really struggles to read defenses a lot of the time.

I remember some buzz about McDaniels drafting him in large part because he had innate ability to read lineman and LBs. McDaniels was just banking on his work ethic to learn NFL defenses and eventually develop to be a great overall reader of defenses. From what I have seen he is at his best when the game plan is scrapped late in the 4th and his presnap reads are more a part of the offense.
Ah, I misunderstood your previous post, then. He does do some great reads in that option when either he's running or the RB's are. The last play this Thursday was a great read to get around the corner for the TD.

Denver points scored per game with Orton:

average = 21 points per game

Denver points scored per game with Tebow:

average = 20 points per game

You've got to be kidding, right? I must be misunderstanding what you're trying to say here. If so, apologies ahead of time.

That throw was supposed to be to Royal in stride down the sideline at full speed about 2 yards inside the chalk. If it was then the WR, Royal, could have had a buffer to slip towards the out of bounds to adjust to where the DB was in relation to where he was going to catch the ball. Instead the ball was behind him and he had to stop and turn around and it was at the very edge of the field of play and he had to make a heck of an adjustment to even come close to staying in bounds.

Look at it again - The Safety's late to help and Royal's got the CB beat. Look especially at the next to last replay they show. There is open field and no one in the picture at all behind Royal. If the pass is even close to accurate, and I mean frikkin anywhere, it's a TD.

What? The cornerback is running stride for stride with Royal. It was a back shoulder throw to the sideline, the only place it could have been placed. Cris Carter would make that catch in addition to 90% of the starting receivers in the NFL. That's why they're starting in the NFL.

Denver points scored per game with Orton:2024142324average = 21 points per gameDenver points scored per game with Tebow:1810381717average = 20 points per game

Turnovers...and I also wouldn't exactly think it was genuine to give Orton 24 points for the game he was pulled.

What? The cornerback is running stride for stride with Royal. It was a back shoulder throw to the sideline, the only place it could have been placed. Cris Carter would make that catch in addition to 90% of the starting receivers in the NFL. That's why they're starting in the NFL.
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree here. I just remember that game and the talk about that pass afterwards. When Royal was even with that DB and there was no Safety help it was supposed to be a pass down the sidelines in stride (in a perfect world). That pass was not where it was supposed to be. As for if Royal should have caught it - it was possible but I just don't think it was realistic to expect him to stop while in full stride, turn around, jump near the sideline and then come down with it while falling backwards in bounds. Edited by Hoss Style

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree here. I just remember that game and the talk about that pass afterwards. When Royal was even with that DB and there was no Safety help it was supposed to be a pass down the sidelines in stride (in a perfect world). That pass was not where it was supposed to be. As for if Royal should have caught it - it was possible but I just don't think it was realistic to expect him to stop while in full stride, turn around, jump near the sideline and then come down with it while falling backwards in bounds.
1. Not only was the defensive back running stride for stride with Royal he was a half step ahead of him

2. It was actually the exact perfect place for the ball give or take a few nanometers

3. This is the NFL, if a receiver is able to stop to catch the ball he should have the awareness to drag his feet in bounds.

4. I will not agree to disagree about something that is almost indisputable.

5. The announcers were idiots the whole game

Edited by shnikies

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree here. I just remember that game and the talk about that pass afterwards. When Royal was even with that DB and there was no Safety help it was supposed to be a pass down the sidelines in stride (in a perfect world). That pass was not where it was supposed to be. As for if Royal should have caught it - it was possible but I just don't think it was realistic to expect him to stop while in full stride, turn around, jump near the sideline and then come down with it while falling backwards in bounds.
1. Not only was the defensive back running stride for stride with Royal he was a half step ahead of him

2. It was actually the exact perfect place for the ball give or take a few nanometers

3. This is the NFL, if a receiver is able to stop to catch the ball he should have the awareness to drag his feet in bounds.

4. I will not agree to disagree about something that is almost indisputable.

5. The announcers were idiots the whole game

I don't know what to tell you, man. If Royal was in single coverage on that play or if the Safety was late it was supposed to be thrown down the line. Royal's got speed and that's what that play was set up to do. It was discussed after the game. If I could find an audio quote I'd post it. Maybe another Bronco's fan backs me up here. Royal usually beats that DB if the ball is thrown in stride.

Frankly I'm worn out from arguing things that I know to be a fact and having a few posters here tell me stuff like "It's almost indisputable". The coaches said it was great adjustment by Royal.

I'm tired. You win.:excited:

Edited by Hoss Style

I don't know what to tell you, man. If Royal was in single coverage on that play or if the Safety was late it was supposed to be thrown down the line. Royal's got speed and that's what that play was set up to do. It was discussed after the game. If I could find an audio quote I'd post it. Maybe another Bronco's fan backs me up here. Royal usually beats that DB if the ball is thrown in stride.

Frankly I'm worn out from arguing things that I know to be a fact and having a few posters here tell me stuff like "It's almost indisputable". The coaches said it was great adjustment by Royal.

If he throws it to Royal in stride with a defensive back having a half step on him (look at right when the players come into frame) the defender has a chance at the ball. He threw it where only Royal had a play on the ball, period. Yes, that is indisputable.

If he throws it to Royal in stride with a defensive back having a half step on him (look at right when the players come into frame) the defender has a chance at the ball. He threw it where only Royal had a play on the ball, period. Yes, that is indisputable.
I just had to hit F5 one more time, didn't I? Ok, last one.

I'm assuming you know what "Indisputable" means, right? Without looking it up it basically means there is no disputing the fact. That might not be the exact wording but it's pretty close.

So, you're telling me that it's indisputable that only Royal would have had a play if the pass was lead perfectly to the outside shoulder. Because it actually is disputed. By me. By the other poster that quoted you. And more importantly by the local media and coaches inteviewed after the game. With no help over the top and the DB on the inside shoulder there is a great possibility that had the ball been placed on the outside shoulder that the DB could not have gotten near the ball and either A) Royal catches it or B) it goes out off bounds of Royals hands.

I don't know how you can call that "indisputable" when the pass never happened (can you see the future or some alternate universe?) and passes happen like that all over the NFL every Sunday - the DB is as close to the WR as in the play you linked but the pass is laid perfectly on the outside shoulder and only the WR has a play on it.

I just had to hit F5 one more time, didn't I? Ok, last one.

I'm assuming you know what "Indisputable" means, right? Without looking it up it basically means there is no disputing the fact. That might not be the exact wording but it's pretty close.

So, you're telling me that it's indisputable that only Royal would have had a play if the pass was lead perfectly to the outside shoulder. Because it actually is disputed. By me. By the other poster that quoted you. And more importantly by the local media and coaches inteviewed after the game. With no help over the top and the DB on the inside shoulder there is a great possibility that had the ball been placed on the outside shoulder that the DB could not have gotten near the ball and either A) Royal catches it or B) it goes out off bounds of Royals hands.

I don't know how you can call that "indisputable" when the pass never happened (can you see the future or some alternate universe?) and passes happen like that all over the NFL every Sunday - the DB is as close to the WR as in the play you linked but the pass is laid perfectly on the outside shoulder and only the WR has a play on it.

Did the defensive back have a half step on Royal? Nothing else needs to be said.

Did the defensive back have a half step on Royal? Nothing else needs to be said.

Happens all the time in the NFL. But you sound really convinced. I'll be sure to call in to the local radio show after the next game and let the coaches know your opinion. You see the future. This shouldn't be kept under wraps. Edited by Hoss Style

Happens all the time in the NFL. But you sound really convinced. I'll be sure to call in to the local radio show after the next game and let the coaches know your opinion. You see the future. This shouldn't be kept under wraps.
Because Routt's 4.25 40 speed would have struggled against Royal's 4.39 on a ball thrown out in front.

The Tebow throws the ball where it is meant to be thrown. If the glorious ball ends up in the hands of his teammate or in th hands of his opponent or on the ground, that is where the ball was meant to go. It is not The Tebow's "fault" or "error" that the ball was not received. The Tebow is not judged by one play. The Tebow is judged by wins and he wins.

http://espn.go.com/n...take/league/afc ...maybe we all just underestimate how big of an impact on the game turnovers are... Probably has a bigger impact on a defenses confidence than we think. Looking at the give/take stats from the past 5 years or so...all the elite teams lead the league in that category consistently

Past 9 superbowl winners and there rank in give/take:

Packers(4th) +10

Saints(3rd) +11

Steelers(10th) +4

Giants(25th) -9

Colts(5th) +7

Steelers(9th) +7

Patriots(8th) +9

Patriots(2nd) +17

Buccaneers(1st) +17

There is definitely a reason why 8 out of the last 9 super bowl champions have a positive +- and were in the top 10 ... all of them above +4 except for the Giants actually...goes to show just how much of an upset that patriots superbowl actually was.

I threw out the San Diego game because of the fact that they each played a half, but Orton had a pick in that game also*

As starter:

Kyle Orton: -8

Tim Tebow : +1

Orton had at least two turnovers in every game.

The game Tebow lost, he threw his only interception and had 2 turnovers.

Kyle Orton lost 3 games by 5 points or less...

Turnovers has a direct correlation to winning, plain and simple. Maybe its not as much a miracle that hes winning,maybe more common sense that ball control and field position is the most important aspect of the game.

Edited by wiscstlatlmia

Happens all the time in the NFL. But you sound really convinced. I'll be sure to call in to the local radio show after the next game and let the coaches know your opinion. You see the future. This shouldn't be kept under wraps.
Because Routt's 4.25 40 speed would have struggled against Royal's 4.39 on a ball thrown out in front.
Indeed. It's amazing when any WR who is slower than the DB covering him ever catches a perfectly thrown ball to the outside shoulder. Never happens in the NFL. Nooo...

Can we stop this now? Or will you never admit that maybe Royal could have caught the ball if it was laid perfectly on his outside shoulder with the DB on the inside. Because if you say that's impossible then I really should give up now.

Not to mention the rest of the people are tired of hearing us banter about it. I'll just stop now.

The Tebow throws the ball where it is meant to be thrown. If the glorious ball ends up in the hands of his teammate or in th hands of his opponent or on the ground, that is where the ball was meant to go. It is not The Tebow's "fault" or "error" that the ball was not received. The Tebow is not judged by one play. The Tebow is judged by wins and he wins.

A well needed laugh as I sign off of this poisonous thread. Thanks, Kart.:thumbup:

A well needed laugh as I sign off of this poisonous thread. Thanks, Kart.:thumbup:
:thumbup: prayer request. Let us pray.

Indeed. It's amazing when any WR who is slower than the DB covering him ever catches a perfectly thrown ball to the outside shoulder. Never happens in the NFL. Nooo...

Can we stop this now? Or will you never admit that maybe Royal could have caught the ball if it was laid perfectly on his outside shoulder with the DB on the inside. Because if you say that's impossible then I really should give up now.

Not to mention the rest of the people are tired of hearing us banter about it. I'll just stop now.

:lol: It was perfectly thrown ball the the outside shoulder. Thank you for coming around finally.

Eh. Tebow's NFL "success" looks pretty flukey. Bad numbers being masked by bad competition and good luck. I think it's likely that he'll be irrelevant within 2 years.

Teams will take away the few things he does well and force him to beat them with his arm. Barring massive improvement as a passer, he'll fail. You just can't consistently win games when you're completing 47% of your passes. I suspect we'll see him come back to reality as early as weeks 14-16 this season.

Vince Young had the same kind of performance when he first became a starter and we know how that turned out.

If Vince Young had the same character as Tebow, he'd probably have won a Super Bowl by now.

All he does is win football games.

I'm not seeing how you can call the Jets "bad competition".

Their offense is pitiful. Sanchez played terribly, gifted Denver 7 points, and allowed them to hang around the game.

The Tebow mystique will vanish when he comes against a team with a decent defense and an above average QB who can hang 20+ on the board like it's nothing. Barring huge improvement, he will never be able to trade punches with quarterbacks like Brady, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees, and Rodgers, which is ultimately what you need to do to last as a starter in the NFL.

I think people are getting a little too caught up in the short term results without looking at the long term prognosis. Tebow has done just enough to squeak by a handful of poor opponents who didn't show up. Sooner or later someone will give him another real challenge (like in Detroit) and he will be exposed. That 47% completion percentage will catch up with him eventually.

Gotcha. So you're saying he isn't one of the top 5 QB's in football and the Broncos aren't one of the top 5 teams in football. I don't think anybody's arguing with you there.
He isn't significantly better than your average backup NFL QB. His passing numbers are just awful. The running stuff can only take you so far as a QB. We've seen how athletes much better than Tebow have struggled to succeed consistently as quarterbacks because they lacked passing skills.

People fall for the same trick every time. Vick came into the league and people went bonkers because of his running skills. The same thing happened with Kordell and VY. The problem is that sooner or later, you're going to have to win games with your arm.

When you evaluate him purely as a passer, Tebow is beyond bad right now. Worse than rookies like Newton, Ponder, and Dalton. Maybe slightly better than the equally pitiful Blaine Gabbert.

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but I strongly suspect that 2-3 years from now Tebow will be little more than a punch line in the NFL. Dude has awful mechanics and can't hit the broad side of the barn with a pass. When sustained success at your position is predicated almost entirely on your ability to throw, that's a problem.

He has been very, very lucky to win the games he's won. If a winless Miami team doesn't fold in the last few minutes, he loses that game. If Sanchez doesn't give Denver 7 points last night, he loses that game. The win-loss total is misleading. He hasn't played well. That will be reflected in the win column eventually.

From the Bill Simmons' picks column:

I think Tim Tebow is a lot like the movie/Broadway show "The Producers". Elway and Fox are the producers, Bialystock and Bloom. Tim Tebow is "Springtime for Hitler". Elway and Fox think that if they put Tebow out there, he's going to flop and make them look good and they'll be able to draft a new QB. BUT, he's winning even though he still sucks, so Elway and Fox are stuck with this clown until who knows when. Thoughts?— Scott T, Irvington, NY

Tebow is Springtime for Hitler. Perfect.

I think Tim Tebow is a lot like the movie/Broadway show "The Producers". Elway and Fox are the producers, Bialystock and Bloom. Tim Tebow is "Springtime for Hitler". Elway and Fox think that if they put Tebow out there, he's going to flop and make them look good and they'll be able to draft a new QB. BUT, he's winning even though he still sucks, so Elway and Fox are stuck with this clown until who knows when. Thoughts?— Scott T, Irvington, NY

Except Tebow has the 2nd best 4th quarter QBR in the NFL behind Eli Manning and the 2nd act of Springtime For Hitler was just as bad as the first.

Maybe I missed it, but I'm shocked not to have read someone giving the guy #### a page or two ago for claiming to be a hardcore Denver AND Panthers fan.

That's ridiculous.

Is Tebow worse than?:

Craig Morton (Super Bowl with Broncos)

David Woodley (Miami Super Bowl QB)

Trent Dilfer (Super Bowl, Ravens)

Earl Morrall (SB, Colts)

Joe Kapp (SB, Vikes)

Gabbert

Painter

Sanchez

Palko

Cassel

Grossman

Beck

Ponder

Dennis Dixon

T. Jackson

Whitehurst

Kolb

Josh Johnson

Feeley

Carr

Kitna

Hanie

Derek Anderson

McCoy

Moore

Losman

Boller

Brunell

Batch

Is Tebow worse than?:Craig Morton (Super Bowl with Broncos)David Woodley (Miami Super Bowl QB)Trent Dilfer (Super Bowl, Ravens)Earl Morrall (SB, Colts)Joe Kapp (SB, Vikes)GabbertPainterSanchezPalkoCasselGrossmanBeckPonderDennis DixonT. JacksonWhitehurstKolbJosh JohnsonFeeleyCarrKitnaHanieDerek AndersonMcCoyMooreLosmanBollerBrunellBatch

No to all except Brunell if you are talking in his prime.

Fox Regrets Tebow Comments. Says He's Tebow's "Biggest Fan"

If John Fox had to do it over again, he might have shut off the film and paid better attention to who was in the room.

The Broncos' coach said for the first time in his 23-year NFL career as an assistant and head coach, he permitted an interview while watching game tape when he allowed NFL.com reporter Jeff Darlington to view it with him.

"I screwed up," Fox said today at his news conference. "What bothers me about that is I love Tim Tebow. How can you not? I'm his biggest fan."

Fox further explained that his passion escalates when it comes to game film. And the film that was playing while Darlington was in his office just happened to be the game against the Detroit Lions​, who were in the process of licking Fox's Broncos, 45-10.

__________________________________________________ ___________

"I don't ever lose sleep over things like this, but I felt terrible about it. We were 1-4 and now we're 5-5. Believe me, I'm Tim Tebow's biggest fan." — John Fox

__________________________________________________ ___________

Fox was talking about how well Tebow operates the read-option offense that was implemented after the Lions' loss, but as he continued to get up caught up watching the film, he said about his quarterback: "If we were trying to run a regular offense, he'd be screwed."

Because of Tebow's nationwide popularity, the comment, which was largely viewed as brutally honest, went viral on the Internet, became the conversation subject of radio talk shows, and was scrolled repeatedly on the bottom of the NFL Network and ESPN programming.

Now that game day is finished for the week with the Broncos having defeated the Jets, 17-13, Thursday night in large part because of Tebow's final-minute heroics, Fox had time to reflect on the controversy.

"It's my fault," Fox said today. "What bothers me about that quote is I love the guy. All I was talking about was how this is a different way to run the ball. Everybody wants to put a name on it. All we're doing is tweaking the running game so we match up with what Tim does well. And I'm telling you, he's getting better as a passer. He is improving.

"But that was one time where I lost sleep over it. I don't ever lose sleep over things like this, but I felt terrible about it. We were 1-4 and now we're 5-5. Believe me, I'm Tim Tebow's biggest fan."

http://www.denverpos..._medium=twitter Edited by PlasmaDogPlasma

Where were all of you people after the Lions game when it was me vs. 15 people?

Excuse me?
You should check out pages 16-18.

Who posted in: The Tebow Era Begins

Member name - Posts

shnikies 123

FavreCo 79

Raider Nation 62

Joe Summer 39

Two Deep 35

massraider 34

packersfan 34

moleculo 32

FreeBaGeL 29

az_prof 27

thehornet 20

We know where FavreCo stands, so who has your back more than me?

Tebow is a frustrating guy to own, but he's been in my lineup every week since being named the starter.

I gotta pick up the pace. Just added 1 to my count with useless info. :thumbup:

Question: Does Favreco come in here this week?

Why wouldn't I. I don't disappear and run and hide like others.Creampuff opponents are over with. I already predicted the win over the hapless Chiefs. ####, they lost to Miami. Next up, Jets. Any of you man enough to predict how that goes for Tebow? I am and I predict a loss and another terrible performance as we saw today. This type of football will get you nowhere.
So...
Where is Mr Mouth?
Right here. Go ahead and lower your Tebow FF scoring average. New low. BTW, his current average puts him at ham and egger, losing FF franchise levels. I'll stick with guys that can bust 25-30+ on occasion, not 20. Edited by FavreCo

Will FavreCo still be "closing" this thread?

Yes. Like I said, sometimes it takes time before the franchise sees that they aren't ever going to win anything. See Vince Young and the days of his 'he just wins' threads. See Garrabage threads. See David Carr threads.

Will FavreCo still be "closing" this thread?

Yes. Like I said, sometimes it takes time before the franchise sees that they aren't ever going to win anything. See Vince Young and the days of his 'he just wins' threads. See Garrabage threads. See David Carr threads.
I don't own Tebow in a dynasty league, and I sure as hell don't care if he ever wins a Super Bowl...

So as long as he keeps starting (and producing fantasy points) through week 16 of 2011, close this thread to your heart's content! :thumbup:

As Elway all but sprinted through the winning locker room, his chest bursting through his suit jacket, he said, "Just give him a chance to win the game." Asked what it was like to watch Tebow perform an endgame act he himself had mastered, Elway said, "It was great. Awesome."Broncos owner Pat Bowlen was heading for a different exit door when he stopped long enough to declare that Tebow would be his man for many moons to come."He's a quarterback, and believe me he's going to learn," Bowlen said. "I believe he'll be a great one. Better keep him around."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7249302/he-was-once-again-awful-most-game-mattered-tim-tebow-came-yet-again

Question: Does Favreco come in here this week?

Why wouldn't I. I don't disappear and run and hide like others.Creampuff opponents are over with. I already predicted the win over the hapless Chiefs. ####, they lost to Miami. Next up, Jets. Any of you man enough to predict how that goes for Tebow? I am and I predict a loss and another terrible performance as we saw today. This type of football will get you nowhere.
So...
Where is Mr Mouth?
Right here. Go ahead and lower your Tebow FF scoring average. New low. BTW, his current average puts him at ham and egger, losing FF franchise levels. I'll stick with guys that can bust 25-30+ on occasion, not 20.
C'mon - admit it, you were drooling expecting to come in here with a loss to the Jets and a bad performance by Tebow. Instead he got a win and okay stats.

Except Tebow has the 2nd best 4th quarter QBR in the NFL behind Eli Manning and the 2nd act of Springtime For Hitler was just as bad as the first.
Dude, you are over-thinking it. It's a fun analogy.

When you evaluate him purely as a passer, Tebow is beyond bad right now. Worse than rookies like Newton, Ponder, and Dalton. Maybe slightly better than the equally pitiful Blaine Gabbert.

What stats would you like to use?Passer Rating? He's ahead of Ponder...by almost 10 points. (Tebow's PR is 78.4 - Ponder's is 69.8.) Tebow's passer rating also puts him above the following:McCoy, Cassel, Orton, Kolb, Flacco, Freeman, Bradford, Beck and much higher (18 QBs between them) than Blaine Gabbert.Or perhaps you'd like to use INT%? No, probably not. With a .8% INT%, Tebow actually is the best starting QB in the NFL in terms of not throwing INTs.We could also use 4th quarter QB rating - you know, to see which QBs are actually good passers when the game is on the line. Hint: Tebow is top 5 in the NFL.We could use TD% - Tebow is also top 5 in the NFL in TD% with 7 TD passes in 125 attempts.Is he a great passer? Nope - but statistically he's not nearly as bad as many seem to portray (either intentionally falsely or simply mistakenly).

He has been very, very lucky to win the games he's won. If a winless Miami team doesn't fold in the last few minutes, he loses that game. If Sanchez doesn't give Denver 7 points last night, he loses that game. The win-loss total is misleading. He hasn't played well. That will be reflected in the win column eventually.

On the contrary, he has played well - and that is why the Broncos are winning. In 5 1/2 games he has turned th ball over exactly twice (1 fumble and 1 INT - not bad for a "horrible" passer and a guy who is 3rd in QB rushing attempts). In the 4 games Orton started and finished, the Broncos won the turnover battle exactly 1 time. Since Tebow has started (and the game he came in and half) - they have lost the turnover battle only once - the Detroit game. Teams that win the turnover battle by 2 or more win 91% of the time in the NFL. Tebow protecting the ball, yet finding ways to score IS showing up in the win column. This was also his 8th career start. Let's give him time (and an actual off season as the starter) to decide whether or not he is "beyond bad".

Dude, you are over-thinking it. It's a fun analogy.
I know. So is mine.

Revis avoided that collision like a little girl, but at least I wouldn't say he had a bored look on his face.