What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (3 Viewers)

The Tebow Era, Chapter 2. The potential in JAX is unlimited. WR crew is phenomenal, MJD, TE is an upgrade. This should be exciting if he can land there. :thumbup:

The Tebow Era, Chapter 2. The potential in JAX is unlimited. WR crew is phenomenal, MJD, TE is an upgrade. This should be exciting if he can land there. :thumbup:
Why would Jax want to put themselves in the position of trying to trade for a QB in the future just so they can get rid of Tebow without the fans rioting? If I'm an owner I don't open that can of worms.

Why would Jax want to put themselves in the position of trying to trade for a QB in the future just so they can get rid of Tebow without the fans rioting? If I'm an owner I don't open that can of worms.
if you are an owner, you care first and foremost about putting butts in seats.

Maybe they should try putting a winning team on the field first. That should fill the seats. You would think he would learn from Denver's mistake and not make the same one. It's not good to be in a situation Elway and Fox were in with Tebow.

:goodposting: Jacksonville is one of the lowest teams in attendance in the NFL. That fact alone makes Tebow a "decent fit". If you're the owner of the Jags, the value of your team has been sinking like a rock lately - Tebowmania could give it a nice shot in the arm.

:goodposting: Jacksonville is one of the lowest teams in attendance in the NFL. That fact alone makes Tebow a "decent fit". If you're the owner of the Jags, the value of your team has been sinking like a rock lately - Tebowmania could give it a nice shot in the arm.
And he COULD help them win. Let's not forget that he took an abysmal 1-4 team and led them to the playoffs and to a victory in the playoffs.

And he COULD help them win. Let's not forget that he took an abysmal 1-4 team and led them to the playoffs and to a victory in the playoffs.
When I say win I mean win long term and hopefully win the Super Bowl. I don't see how anyone could seriously say that Tim Tebow is capable of that.

When I say win I mean win long term and hopefully win the Super Bowl. I don't see how anyone could seriously say that Tim Tebow is capable of that.
A year ago there were people making the same statement about him ever going to the playoffs.A few months ago there were plenty of people on here still saying that he was obviously not capable of winning a playoff game.

It's not unreasonable to think that Tebow could continue to improve or land on a team that actually has a good defense (rather than one that just fools dolts into thinking they're good while still being in the bottom quarter of the league in points allowed).

Considering the egos involved with NFL coaches and the success Tebow has had on the field, I imagine there are more than a few teams out there saying, "You know...I bet he'd be even better if I were coaching him..."

The Jags have to be :wall: that they signed Chad Henne or else they could trade for him. People seem to forget that while a player has to be able to make a contribution on the field, the NFL is a business and Tim Tebow is one of its most popular players. Tebow gets headlines, he sells jerseys, he sells tickets and Fatheads and does a lot of community service. Half the teams in the league are below-average and many of them have middling QB play. They could do a lot worse then adding the NFL's most popular player to their squad in exchange for a mid-round pick. Why wouldn't Miami send one of the picks from the MArshall trade (or even a 4th) for him?

Yea, but the novelty will wear off once he stops performing. So if you sign the guy to a long and lucrative deal, you'd better believe that he's going to perform because no one will be buying those #15 jerseys if he's your backup a year from now.

Yea, but the novelty will wear off once he stops performing. So if you sign the guy to a long and lucrative deal, you'd better believe that he's going to perform because no one will be buying those #15 jerseys if he's your backup a year from now.
No one said anything about a long term deal. And you assume he wouldn't be able to perform.

I think several good and bad things are going to happen this year:

1) Peyton is going to soon realize DThomas,EDecker and Fells wouldn't even make the team behind Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark

2) Denver is going to need a backup QB because Peyton's gonna get busted up. He's not going to make it through the entire season with that terrible offensive line, weak RBs and weak receivers.

3) People are going to soon realize that John Elway was a great QB but never proven anything beyond that. He may be beloved in Denver for leading the Super Bowl winning teams but his success is over.

Meanwhile, who knows what happens to Tebow.

1) Backup Cam Newton? Sheesh, Cam couldn't beat out Tebow in college and can't in the pros.

2) Play for Miami or Jax? Talk about a the next 2 worst receiving corps behind Denver. They'd need to revamp their offense like Denver did until they got real receivers.

3) Backup Mike Vick? Look for him to play sooner rather than later. Vick can't stay healthy. It's a pretty good fit actually.

4) Backup Tom Brady? I like it, Belechick likes him as obviously does McDaniels.

5) Stay in Denver to backup/learn from Peyton Manning? Not the worst move Elway could make but he's probably not smart enough.

And so the soap opera continues...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think several good and bad things are going to happen this year:1) Peyton is going to soon realize DThomas,EDecker and Fells wouldn't even make the team behind Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark
Fells isn't a Bronco anymore and I guess you missed what Thomas did the last half of the season. Right around the time he got healthy....

I think he's going to end up somewhere unexpected, get his chance, and flourish again. Buffalo or Kansas city or Arizona or minny.

Personally, I'd love to see the Patriots get Tebow and then find a way to put him and Tom Brady on the field at the same time. Obviously, he'd need to accept being some type of H-back hybrid for it to work, but just imagine the offensive flexibility.

Personally, I'd love to see the Patriots get Tebow and then find a way to put him and Tom Brady on the field at the same time. Obviously, he'd need to accept being some type of H-back hybrid for it to work, but just imagine the offensive flexibility.
Yeah because the offense and QB they have need help.

'az_prof said:
'DoubleG said:
'moleculo said:
'JohnnyU said:
'FavreCo said:
cough, cough....fluke....cough, cough

I'm sorry - which was the fluke:Turning in a winning record in the regular season when haters said he couldn't do it.Getting a team that was 1-4 into the playoffs, when a lot of people said he couldn't do it.Beating the Steelers in his first playoff game - while posting a 125.5 passer rating (compared to Big Ben's 75.9) when nobody thought he could do it.

I'm sorry - which was the fluke:Turning in a winning record in the regular season when haters said he couldn't do it.Getting a team that was 1-4 into the playoffs, when a lot of people said he couldn't do it.Beating the Steelers in his first playoff game - while posting a 125.5 passer rating (compared to Big Ben's 75.9) when nobody thought he could do it.
I think it's the sucking for 3 quarters weekly and then pulling #### out of his ### with the help of guys like Marion Barber. face it dude, he sucks and is heading for the bench....or a really bad team in need of tebow fans to fill the stadium.

Tebowmania makes me glad I don't follow college football. I can think he stinks with a clear conscience.

A fluke is an odd occurrence that happens and is unlikely to be repeated. So I would say all of the above.

'CravenM said:
Meanwhile, who knows what happens to Tebow.1) Backup Cam Newton? Sheesh, Cam couldn't beat out Tebow in college and can't in the pros.
That may be the stupidest thing ever written in the English language. Do you watch pro football?In post #3441 I said that the Tebow Era Ended yesterday, but apparently Tebow delusion will never die. Never. Sheesh!

Yeah because the offense and QB they have need help.
Of course they need help. I dont care how good they are, they can always be better.

I think the most interesting option for Tebow is New England which may be able to exploit his strengths more than any other team. However, Tebow's success in N.E. (if he has any) won't be as a QB. It will be as some type of hybrid runner/receiver/passer. Might be the best thing for him.

I think the most interesting option for Tebow is New England which may be able to exploit his strengths more than any other team. However, Tebow's success in N.E. (if he has any) won't be as a QB. It will be as some type of hybrid runner/receiver/passer. Might be the best thing for him.
Why does anyone think Tebow has receiving skills? How many passes has he caught in his life?

Why does anyone think Tebow has receiving skills? How many passes has he caught in his life?
Cmon he is as big as a tight end so obviously he has good hands.

I realize you're being ironic, but he's listed at 6'3", 236, which isn't TE size. Graham is 6'6", 260, Gronkowski is 6'6", 265, Gates is 6'4", 260, Gonzalez is 6'5", 247.

A fluke is an odd occurrence that happens and is unlikely to be repeated. So I would say all of the above.
You are of course correct. He couldn't possibly win his first playoff game...again. He already did. And the chances of taking over a team that is precisely 1-4 are relatively slim. However, I would suggest that, let's say for example, he goes to the 49ers - I'm guessing the odds of him having a winning record are decent. Obviously, if he ends up on a ####hole team, the odds drop somewhat. ;)

I realize you're being ironic, but he's listed at 6'3", 236, which isn't TE size. Graham is 6'6", 260, Gronkowski is 6'6", 265, Gates is 6'4", 260, Gonzalez is 6'5", 247.
Looks like the best bet for this shrimp is water boy. The clowns on ESPN were saying the same. Line him up at WR. :lmao: How do these guys get on TV? It wasn't even Bayless although he didn't disagree either.

Gresham is 6'5", 260Oh, and Tebow's last name does not begin with G!*-QG(*-but God does :unsure: )

'CravenM said:
I think several good and bad things are going to happen this year:1) Peyton is going to soon realize DThomas,EDecker and Fells wouldn't even make the team behind Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark2) Denver is going to need a backup QB because Peyton's gonna get busted up. He's not going to make it through the entire season with that terrible offensive line, weak RBs and weak receivers.3) People are going to soon realize that John Elway was a great QB but never proven anything beyond that. He may be beloved in Denver for leading the Super Bowl winning teams but his success is over.Meanwhile, who knows what happens to Tebow.1) Backup Cam Newton? Sheesh, Cam couldn't beat out Tebow in college and can't in the pros.2) Play for Miami or Jax? Talk about a the next 2 worst receiving corps behind Denver. They'd need to revamp their offense like Denver did until they got real receivers.3) Backup Mike Vick? Look for him to play sooner rather than later. Vick can't stay healthy. It's a pretty good fit actually.4) Backup Tom Brady? I like it, Belechick likes him as obviously does McDaniels.5) Stay in Denver to backup/learn from Peyton Manning? Not the worst move Elway could make but he's probably not smart enough.And so the soap opera continues...
People keep picking parts of this entire post apart? I'll go out on a limb and say the entire thing is just stupid.

'Itchy Amos said:
Yeah, Patriots need to find some creative ways to produce some offense.

'QuizGuy66 said:
'CalBear said:
Gresham is 6'5", 260Oh, and Tebow's last name does not begin with G!*-QG(*-but God does :unsure: )
:lmao:

'Spanky24 said:
'CravenM said:
I think several good and bad things are going to happen this year:1) Peyton is going to soon realize DThomas,EDecker and Fells wouldn't even make the team behind Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark2) Denver is going to need a backup QB because Peyton's gonna get busted up. He's not going to make it through the entire season with that terrible offensive line, weak RBs and weak receivers.3) People are going to soon realize that John Elway was a great QB but never proven anything beyond that. He may be beloved in Denver for leading the Super Bowl winning teams but his success is over.Meanwhile, who knows what happens to Tebow.1) Backup Cam Newton? Sheesh, Cam couldn't beat out Tebow in college and can't in the pros.2) Play for Miami or Jax? Talk about a the next 2 worst receiving corps behind Denver. They'd need to revamp their offense like Denver did until they got real receivers.3) Backup Mike Vick? Look for him to play sooner rather than later. Vick can't stay healthy. It's a pretty good fit actually.4) Backup Tom Brady? I like it, Belechick likes him as obviously does McDaniels.5) Stay in Denver to backup/learn from Peyton Manning? Not the worst move Elway could make but he's probably not smart enough.And so the soap opera continues...
People keep picking parts of this entire post apart? I'll go out on a limb and say the entire thing is just stupid.
:goodposting:

Interest in Tebow increasing

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider

The Denver Broncos are drawing moderate trade interest in Tim Tebow. Not spectacular. Not great. But solid.

I'm told five to six teams have called the Broncos and that the number might be higher. The compensation being discussed is a low-round draft pick, a person familiar with the situation said. This source believes Tebow will be traded for a fifth- or sixth-round pick.

For now, no one will say which teams are calling. League speculation -- and it's just general managers chatting -- is that the Jaguars are serious contenders for Tebow. No one would be surprised if he ended up in New England.

The Broncos believe they'll be able to trade Tebow by the end of the week. There remains a distinct possibility that if he isn't traded the team would simply release Tebow. There doesn't seem to be a desire by the Broncos to keep him. At least for the moment there isn't.

All of this is extremely fluid and could change. For the moment, it's a mess.

But we should have clarity very soon.

I think it is interesting that a player who clearly works hard is mocked so openly as having no future.

Jp losnan and Patrick Ramsey and Ryan leaf has tons of physical talent but no mental ability to play in the nfl. For all his faults (and there are plenty) tebow has been productive in the nfl and clearly has the desire to get better. Two years in and he has shown more progress than Aaron brooks or vince young showed in their entire careers.

Can being a good passer be learned at this stage? Probably not. Can being an average passer be learned? Certainly. Interesting that so many of you are betting against it. If he'd been the texans fifth round pick and stepped in with similar results when schaub got hurt I suspect the general polarity of opinions would be a lot different.

Just saying.

Exploring Tim Tebow’s possible destinations

By Jason La Canfora

A sampling of executives and agents has painted a picture of a market of roughly a half-dozen teams expected to have interest in acquiring Tim Tebow.

The Jaguars are exploring the possibility internally, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, and while the football people in the organization have not been Tebow supporters in the past, it might be too attractive of a possibility on several fronts for the new ownership group there to at least explore.

The Dolphins still has a void at quarterback, as they have no commitment to Matt Moore beyond this season, and the contract for David Garrard is one year and not cumbersome at all. Garrard could be jettisoned if need be. Tebow is the kind of transcendent star owner Steve Ross has coveted for so long. The fact he was a college star and is a native of Florida doesn’t hurt, either.

The Bills’ contract with Ryan Fitzpatrick allows them to get out after most seasons without major ramifications. Coach Chan Gailey was intrigued by Tebow coming out of Florida, as he fits some of the spread formations and option plays Gailey favors. Buffalo, like Miami and Jacksonville, is a team that could use and sales and marketing boost. Tebow would raise the club’s national profile.

Broncos exec John Elway is expected to facilitate Tebow to a place where he could re-start his career and compete for a job, which could make one of those teams more likely. Denver likely is to get limited compensation in return (some GMs suggest at best a 5th-round pick) and the Broncos also are expected to move quickly.

Should they consider other locals, with playing time at quarterback less likely, Green Bay and New England could emerge. The Packers lost backup Matt Flynn to Seattle, and Pats coach Bill Belichick also was intrigued by Tebow’s skillset and could envision him as an H-back or tight end option, but New England is already flush with reserve quarterbacks. So going to a team like the Patriots wouldn’t be conducive to his development as a quarterback.

Users who are viewing this thread