What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (3 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Tim Tebow - QB - Eagles

People who are "plugged in" with the Eagles believe the team intends to keep Tim Tebow on the final roster.

Additionally, those people say Chip Kelly intends to actually use Tebow in games. We'll believe that when we see it, especially with Kelly saying repetitive accuracy is the No. 1 thing he looks for in a quarterback. For now, Tebow is just trying to beat out Matt Barkley for the No. 3 gig behind Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez.

Related: Matt Barkley

Source: Philly Voice

Aug 3 - 10:11 AM

Improved throwing motion in practice <> improved performance during real games.

He has years and years of muscle memory from his old habits and when he is trying to read coverages and blitzes and maintain awareness of what's going on in the pocket I think it is very likely he will revert to his old form.

Improved throwing motion in practice <> improved performance during real games.

He has years and years of muscle memory from his old habits and when he is trying to read coverages and blitzes and maintain awareness of what's going on in the pocket I think it is very likely he will revert to his old form.
I agree but I admit that I am rooting for the guy:

From today's practice

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/629339362187169792

Great series by Tebow. Bunch of shots down the field. All on the money, all complete.

I can't believe this guy has lasted in the league (off and on) this long.
Vince Young hung around a long time and he never put in a tenth the effort Tebow has to improve his accuracy. It's so hard to find good QB's that guys get multiple chances if they are working hard to get better. Tebow has always had everything but the accuracy to be a starting QB.

If the media wasn't so crazy about this guy he may have had a role somewhere, he tries but lacks so much besides ,maybe being a goal,one QB/RB.

Maybe Chip has found na role for him. I hope not, I hate the media frenzy. It's worse when then Favre un-retired in Green Bay.

cr8f said:
If the media wasn't so crazy about this guy he may have had a role somewhere, he tries but lacks so much besides ,maybe being a goal,one QB/RB.

Maybe Chip has found na role for him. I hope not, I hate the media frenzy. It's worse when then Favre un-retired in Green Bay.
Is the media going crazy for him in Philly? I haven't seen much coverage on him here in OH. Thankfully, the media coverage seems pretty tame for now IMO. If Bradford gets hurt and Sanchez plays like....well...Sanchez, then all bets are off. Tebow mania will be renewed.

cr8f said:

Is the media going crazy for him in Philly? I haven't seen much coverage on him here in OH. Thankfully, the media coverage seems pretty tame for now IMO. If Bradford gets hurt and Sanchez plays like....well...Sanchez, then all bets are off. Tebow mania will be renewed.
FYI Sanchez completed 64% of his passes with a 7.8 YPA last season in this offense.

cr8f said:

FYI Sanchez completed 64% of his passes with a 7.8 YPA last season in this offense.
He still managed to Sanchize it up in the Dallas (2nd one) and Washington game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Facts:

Tebow threw for more yards than Sanchez and Bradford Combined!

Tebow threw less interceptions than Barkley while being ahead of him in combined rushing and passing TDs.

Totally expect to see him 1st on next week's depth chart.

:tebow:

-QG

Love Tebow's heart, but Barkley looked way ahead of Timmy.
I didn't see the game, how did Barkley look way ahead? Just curious. The highlights show more Tebow than Barkley (mainly because of the scoring drive I assume and the media attention for the polarizing Tebow) so I did not see. Interested to know what made him seem way ahead.

Sanchez looked awful. His td throw was a terrible throw. High and behind the wr. It was so bad it tricked the defense which is the only reason ironically it worked. Barkley was very solid. Tebow showed improvement in his throwing motion. It looked shorter and quicker. When he got it out quick, he threw accurate darts. His glaring weakness is going through progressions. His footwork looks akaward when trying to step up and throw when his first option wasn't open. The eagles best bet would be dumping sanchez to a qb desperate team and keep the other 3.

Rotoworld:

Philly Mag: Birds 24/7 predicts Tim Tebow will not make the Eagles' final roster.

Tim McManus hedged somewhat on the prediction by admitting there is still a chance Matt Barkley could be traded prior to the season, but following an impressive showing by Barkley in the preseason opener, it is clear Tebow is behind the eight ball to make the final roster. Unless coach Chip Kelly sees Tebow as a gadget player he can utilize on game days, his roster spot is in serious jeopardy.

Source: Philly Mag: Birds 24/7
Aug 18 - 12:11 PM

Rotoworld:

Philly Mag: Birds 24/7 predicts Tim Tebow will not make the Eagles' final roster.

Tim McManus hedged somewhat on the prediction by admitting there is still a chance Matt Barkley could be traded prior to the season, but following an impressive showing by Barkley in the preseason opener, it is clear Tebow is behind the eight ball to make the final roster. Unless coach Chip Kelly sees Tebow as a gadget player he can utilize on game days, his roster spot is in serious jeopardy.

Source: Philly Mag: Birds 24/7
Aug 18 - 12:11 PM
:sadbanana:

-QG

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini reports Eagles coach Chip Kelly is "increasingly excited" by Tim Tebow, and that Tebow will make the team if he avoids "major errors."

Per Russini, Kelly has been most impressed by Tebow's running, and believes he could be valuable in short-yardage situations. Russini allows that Tebow's infamously bad throwing has been "not perfect." Becoming more of a Bill Belichick-esque iconoclast every season, Kelly could be crazy enough to keep Tebow around.

Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter
Aug 20 - 4:23 PM

The number of people upset he ran for a TD rather than threw a TD(and whether he got in or not) is ridiculous and shows the hyper-sensitivity with Tebow.

It could not matter any less-it's 6.

The other plays and other reads are way more worth discussing than rehashing one he scored upon

The number of people upset he ran for a TD rather than threw a TD(and whether he got in or not) is ridiculous and shows the hyper-sensitivity with Tebow.

The other plays and other reads are way more worth discussing than rehashing one he scored upon
It's actually better in fantasy scoring systems where a rushing TD is worth more!

Let's start an over/under for number of Tebow Rushing TDs this season: I'll put the mark at 2.5.

No it just shows that he hasn't learned as a QB. He's still in the same run first mentality. Watching last night its clear he has no confidence in his ability to throw.

were people thinking he was signed to pay a traditional-style QB? I assumed Kelly signed him for the 2-point conversion and various gadget plays. Tebow not being able to play the traditional QB position in the pros is nothing new.

I prefer the theory that Chip brought him in to set all the media focus on Tebow and take the heat off Bradford, Murray et al during camp so they can focus on football.

were people thinking he was signed to pay a traditional-style QB? I assumed Kelly signed him for the 2-point conversion and various gadget plays. Tebow not being able to play the traditional QB position in the pros is nothing new.
You cant be in on 2 point plays when you miss the HOLY CRAP WIDE OPEN RECEIVER HE IS SO OPEN OMG WOW OPEN guy from 3 yards.

He didnt make that throw because he never saw him,

You cant be in on 2 point plays when...
sure you can. Tebow's skills set is practically built for the short-yardage, 2-yard stuff

sure you can. Tebow's skills set is practically built for the short-yardage, 2-yard stuff
WIDE OPEN

THROW IT

His "skill set"? You mean running or bust? The live commentator had enough time to say it twice or more... :lmao:

like I said, I doubt he was signed to play QB in the traditional sense because people already knew he didn't read defenses and was inaccurate.

by skills set, I mean being able to pick up 2 yards in a fairly efficient manner. The most efficient way would probably be via the read option although Denver ran a number of gimmick plays from similar looks that worked near the GL and in short yardage.

but yeah, Tebow isn't a QB. Like I said, we already knew it. we watched a near entire season of open guys getting missed.

not sure why you re-posted the play :coffee:

like I said, I doubt he was signed to play QB in the traditional sense because people already knew he didn't read defenses and was inaccurate.

by skills set, I mean being able to pick up 2 yards in a fairly efficient manner. The most efficient way would probably be via the read option although Denver ran a number of gimmick plays from similar looks that worked near the GL and in short yardage.

but yeah, Tebow isn't a QB. Like I said, we already knew it. we watched a near entire season of open guys getting missed.
The most efficient way imaginable would be a defender falling down leaving a player undefended.

Sorry, but that play is a perfect microcosm of the problem with Tebow. NFL QBs can't put their shoulder down and try to run over two defenders with a WIDE OPEN WR in his field of vision on an easy pass. It (almost) worked out, but it was a terrible decision.

Tebow might belong in the NFL as a #3 QB, but he's clearly #4 in Philly, and is nowhere near good enough to ever see the field as anything more than a gadget option guy at the goal-line

WIDE OPEN

THROW IT

His "skill set"? You mean running or bust? The live commentator had enough time to say it twice or more... :lmao:
To be fair, even though the guy was open earlier in the play, those images are terrible. In the first image there is a defender just out of the frame covering the other receiver. Tebow would have had to lob it over the defenders underneath which would have given that defender plenty of time to pick it off. In the second image Tebow already has the ball tucked and is about to cross the LoS. Short of a shovel pass he's not throwing there.

Like I said, the guy was wide open earlier in the play right when the defender started stumbling, but the fact that the writer chose those two frames to highlight the "wide open" receiver shows just how dumb armchair QBs can be.

FreeBaGeL said:
WIDE OPEN

THROW IT

To be fair, even though the guy was open earlier in the play, those images are terrible. In the first image there is a defender just out of the frame covering the other receiver. Tebow would have had to lob it over the defenders underneath which would have given that defender plenty of time to pick it off. In the second image Tebow already has the ball tucked and is about to cross the LoS. Short of a shovel pass he's not throwing there.

Like I said, the guy was wide open earlier in the play right when the defender started stumbling, but the fact that the writer chose those two frames to highlight the "wide open" receiver shows just how dumb armchair QBs can be.
No. A competent QB could have done it in either situation with relative ease.

It was a terrible decision by him and there are no excuses for it.

Users who are viewing this thread