Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Finless

Official Tim Tebow - The Tebow Era Begins

were people thinking he was signed to pay a traditional-style QB? I assumed Kelly signed him for the 2-point conversion and various gadget plays. Tebow not being able to play the traditional QB position in the pros is nothing new.

You cant be in on 2 point plays when...

sure you can. Tebow's skills set is practically built for the short-yardage, 2-yard stuff

WIDE OPEN

THROW IT

His "skill set"? You mean running or bust? The live commentator had enough time to say it twice or more... :lmao:

To be fair, even though the guy was open earlier in the play, those images are terrible. In the first image there is a defender just out of the frame covering the other receiver. Tebow would have had to lob it over the defenders underneath which would have given that defender plenty of time to pick it off. In the second image Tebow already has the ball tucked and is about to cross the LoS. Short of a shovel pass he's not throwing there.

Like I said, the guy was wide open earlier in the play right when the defender started stumbling, but the fact that the writer chose those two frames to highlight the "wide open" receiver shows just how dumb armchair QBs can be.

were people thinking he was signed to pay a traditional-style QB? I assumed Kelly signed him for the 2-point conversion and various gadget plays. Tebow not being able to play the traditional QB position in the pros is nothing new.

You cant be in on 2 point plays when...

sure you can. Tebow's skills set is practically built for the short-yardage, 2-yard stuff

WIDE OPEN

THROW IT

His "skill set"? You mean running or bust? The live commentator had enough time to say it twice or more... :lmao:

To be fair, even though the guy was open earlier in the play, those images are terrible. In the first image there is a defender just out of the frame covering the other receiver. Tebow would have had to lob it over the defenders underneath which would have given that defender plenty of time to pick it off. In the second image Tebow already has the ball tucked and is about to cross the LoS. Short of a shovel pass he's not throwing there.

Like I said, the guy was wide open earlier in the play right when the defender started stumbling, but the fact that the writer chose those two frames to highlight the "wide open" receiver shows just how dumb armchair QBs can be.

No. A competent QB could have done it in either situation with relative ease.

It was a terrible decision by him and there are no excuses for it.

I didn't see the game tonight, but this is hands down the most interesting 3rd String QB competition in the league. Any one see this and have thoughts. The numbers tell one story but I am sure the actual play tells a different one.

I didn't see the game tonight, but this is hands down the most interesting 3rd String QB competition in the league.

:lmao:

Well, at least you appreciate my humor.

But it really is the most interesting 3rd string QB competition in the league.

Barkley sucked as usual. If Kelly keeps 3 qbs, Tebow will be the 3rd. Have fun with a new team, Matt.

No it just shows that he hasn't learned as a QB. He's still in the same run first mentality. Watching last night its clear he has no confidence in his ability to throw.

Good game

If I were Cleveland, I would take him in a heartbeat. Not that he'll be great but neither of those two guys are not the answer - and he would bring lots of publicity.

Edited by The Dude

Florio just said that Tebow should go to the CFL if he wants to get some "starter's reps." Would he even start in the CFL?? They don't care about being a farm system for the NFL, and throwing ability might be even more important in the CFL than in the NFL.

Florio just said that Tebow should go to the CFL if he wants to get some "starter's reps." Would he even start in the CFL?? They don't care about being a farm system for the NFL, and throwing ability might be even more important in the CFL than in the NFL.

Doubtful.

Dan LeFevour gets a paycheck and no snaps. John Skelton signed a two year deal & was cut. I'm not well versed on the QB situation of all 9 CFL teams but it sure doesn't seem like there's a lot of QBs moving either direction across the border.

I have no idea but it wouldn't make any difference in his NFL outlook. If years of practice haven't fixed his mechanical issues a season or two starting in the CFL isn't going to solve the problem.

His situation really hasn't changed for a couple seasons. If he wants to play in the NFL he can just not at quarterback.

Fun game will be - how many quarterbacks have to get injured before a team signs Tebow? Over/under is what, 14.5?

-QG

Was flipping channels and saw him doing some karaoke show the other day; think it was eye of the tiger. In any case, was wearing a tank top dude look super jacked. At first thought it was just some meathead guy who hangs out in the gym 10 hours a day until I realized it was Tebow.

For a guy who is allegedly an incredibly humble person he sure does love having people look at him.

• Like 2

GIVE UP THE GHOST!!!Tim you sucked in NFL.You were A GREAT college Qb.  Deflate your head and get it out your A $$ boy!

Mods Please move to the Baseball forum - TIA

:sarcasm:

Edited by The Hank
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chaka said:

For a guy who is allegedly an incredibly humble person he sure does love having people look at him.

this guy is the classic "humble" guy....and makes sure everyone knows it.

he just can't handle not being the center of attention.

Most polarizing player ever

It's fascinating really. The lack of success and yet his popularity continues. Recently it was like OMG Tebow picked up a baseball. I don't get it. 

I've never witnessed anything like this man's popularity.

I sit here all the time like why is he such a big deal? Why do you(whomever on twitter or fb) care if he does a radio show or tv show or buys groceries or. combs his hair or..anything? He was good for like a minute with the Broncos years ago and even that is highly debatable. 

Star after star will go to batting practice. Some will talk of maybe playing some day and even give it a go with a tryout but Tebow picks up a baseball and everyone must know how he did.

NFL careers are ending with cuts looming and people are talking about this dude playing baseball

I am totally grateful that he has bounced Hillary and Trump off me newsfeeds for a short time

This whole thread is garbage now, really. There's no debate he's not a good NFL quarterback. That's been decided. Yet we keep talking about this guy that isn't even playing

He's Elvis without the success, it's incredible how popular he is

21 minutes ago, Bri said:

I've never witnessed anything like this man's popularity.

Johnny Football maybe? I'm sure we will still hear about Manziel's exploits for a long time too. I'm no Tebow fan at all, far from it, but at least he seems to use his magical powers for good instead of evil.