What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Players Championship (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
We will have more details on Monday, but thought I would share this press release for a few of you early:

Footballguys, FFPC Finalize $50,000 Fantasy Tournament

Sweetwater, TN (PRWEB) April 26, 2010 – Footballguys.com and The Fantasy Football Players Championship (www.myFFPC.com) have combined forces to form the Footballguys Players Championship, an online fantasy football tournament with a $50,000 grand prize and a $350 entry fee.

The Footballguys Players Championship will have a $350 entry fee per team, league prizes of $1,950 and a $50,000 Grand Prize with a progressive twist. The grand prize will be announced at an entry level of 600 teams. Once the 600-team level has been reached, the FPC will raise prizes across the board in a progressive fashion and will continue to increase prizes with added entries without limitation. Other unique prizes include three-year and lifetime Footballguys.com subscriptions.

The entire FPC prize pool will be secured and held in an attorney escrow account for the duration of the tournament.

“We feel now is the time for Footballguys to enter the tournament arena, and we want to make sure our customers have a trusted place to play fantasy football,” said Joe Bryant, co-owner of Footballguys.com.

At an entry fee of $350 per team, the FPC is a priced at a premium to most local leagues but is a relative bargain compared to high entry fee national tournaments with large grand prizes.

“We feel this type of tournament is the perfect bridge between local league players and the high stakes fantasy football world,” said Dave Gerczak, co-owner of the FFPC. “The Footballguys Players Championship will appeal to players that want to play for sizable league prizes and still take a shot at the big grand prize without breaking the bank.”

One of the most interesting facets to the Footballguys Players Championship is the “progressive” nature of the prize structure. Every additional league over 50 leagues will increase the FPC grand prize and the overall FPC prize structure.

“We wanted to make sure that players are justly rewarded for placing not just first, but all the way down to the top 10 percent of overall finishers,” said Alex Kaganovksy, the other co-owner of the FFPC.

The FPC will have a progressive ticker on myffpc.com that will provide up-to-the-minute Grand Prize updates once the 50-league level has been exceeded. All league drafts will take place online, with drafts running from August 1 right up until September 8.

“The FPC decided to offer all players the opportunity to draft when they want, at times that they want,” said the other Footballguys.com co-owner David Dodds. “You can play the FPC early in preseason, mid-August or right before the season starts.”

The FPC offers an interesting, yet easy-to-understand, combination of rules and scoring, including the unique dual flex starting lineup option.

"The dual flex gives fantasy players more options in terms of draft strategy and weekly team management decisions, which will make for a better contest,” Gerczak said. “For example, an owner could start four running backs one week and three tight ends the next. Since we are scoring one and a half points per reception for tight ends (all others one PPR), starting two tight ends truly becomes a viable option in this format."

The FPC offers a four-team playoff format, with the top two seeds automatically qualifying for the championship round and a shot at the FPC Grand Prize. The Footballguys Players Championship offers other player-friendly rules, including automatic Elias stat changes, extended waiver period for playoff teams, as well as action scoring for all touchdowns, which adds value to multi-faceted players like New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush.

The Footballguys Players Championship entry information, as well as complete FPC rules and a quick FPC overview can be found at www.myFFPC.com.

JDAD LLC is a combined effort by David Dodds and Joe Bryant of Footballguys.com and by David Gerczak and Alex Kaganovsky of the Fantasy Football Players Championship. (www.myFFPC.com)

David Dodds and Joe Bryant are the founders and owners of Footballguys.com. David and Joe have been heavily involved in the fantasy industry since the early 1990s. Footballguys.com is the leading paid fantasy content site in the world, with over 35 staff writers and over 40,000 paid subscribers. Footballguys.com puts out more than 50,000 pages of fantasy content every year.

David Gerczak and Alex Kaganovsky are the founders and owners of ForPlayers-ByPlayers, LLC, which runs the Fantasy Football Players Championship (FFPC). The FFPC was founded in 2008 as a new entry into the high stakes fantasy football industry.

The FFPC offers various satellite, auction and dynasty leagues, as well its Main Event with a $100,000 Grand Prize for 2010. The FFPC Main Event is offered live at Caesars Place in Las Vegas, and has an online draft option as well. The FFPC provides a player-friendly format, player protection with prizes in attorney escrow and a focus on customer service in all of its fantasy football offerings.

We will have more details on Monday, but thought I would share this press release for a few of you early:

Sweetwater, TN (PRWEB) April 26, 2010 – Footballguys.com and The Fantasy Football Players Championship (www.myFFPC.com) have combined forces to form the Footballguys Players Championship, an online fantasy football tournament with a $50,000 grand prize and a $350 entry fee.

The Footballguys Players Championship will have a $350 entry fee per team, league prizes of $1,950 and a $50,000 Grand Prize with a progressive twist. The grand prize will be announced at an entry level of 600 teams. Once the 600-team level has been reached, the FPC will raise prizes across the board in a progressive fashion and will continue to increase prizes with added entries without limitation. Other unique prizes include three-year and lifetime Footballguys.com subscriptions.
This looks like an intriguing contest. The $350 is a nice compromise between low-stakes and true high-stakes FF, and with all the issues with big contests and payouts this year, I'm more likely to go with a contest put on by a known business like FBG.I haven't played any higher-stakes fantasy football before, but is it standard to let people know exactly how much payouts will increase as entries increase? I'm thinking of, for example, poker tournaments. If entry to a poker tournament is $350, I know I'm getting a good deal by entering if there are 150 entrants and a total prize pool of $50,000. But the same $350 entrance fee is a terrible deal if the number of entrants doubles but the prize pool only increases by 50%. I guess my point is that knowing with more precision how the prizes will increase with increased entries is an important part of figuring out if this contest is a good value, and therefore if a potential player should pony up the $350.

Last edited by a moderator:
How on Earth were you able to get actual quotes from the likes of Joe Bryant and David Dodds for this press release?

Congrats. So all leagues are $350? Any limitations on participating in Vegas live? I think I'm going to check this out. Look forward to more details.

Congrats. So all leagues are $350? Any limitations on participating in Vegas live? I think I'm going to check this out. Look forward to more details.
All leagues will be online. That's about the only way we can still achieve the big payouts for this level of entry fee. When we officially announce this on Monday, we will be offering these things:- Anyone paying before June 1st will receive a free 2010 subscription- Anyone paying for a three-pack (3 for $1,000) by June 1st will receive a free 3-year subscription.I think everyone is going to love the structure we came up with here. The FFPC guys really know their stuff so this was an easy partnership for us to be involved with. Despite being newcomers to this space, we believe we will have the best online fantasy tournament this season and beyond.

All leagues will be online. That's about the only way we can still achieve the big payouts for this level of entry fee. When we officially announce this on Monday, we will be offering these things:- Anyone paying before June 1st will receive a free 2010 subscription
Is the subscriber contest going by the wayside or will it still be around?$350 is a good price point & I'm looking forward to the complete details for this on Monday

All leagues will be online. That's about the only way we can still achieve the big payouts for this level of entry fee. When we officially announce this on Monday, we will be offering these things:- Anyone paying before June 1st will receive a free 2010 subscription
Is the subscriber contest going by the wayside or will it still be around?
That would stink. I really enjoyed that contest. Unique rules made it very fun.

And agree that 350 is a great price. I have always been tempted to drop $$$ on the $1000 + leagues, but never did.

This looks like an intriguing contest. The $350 is a nice compromise between low-stakes and true high-stakes FF, and with all the issues with big contests and payouts this year, I'm more likely to go with a contest put on by a known business like FBG.I haven't played any higher-stakes fantasy football before, but is it standard to let people know exactly how much payouts will increase as entries increase? I'm thinking of, for example, poker tournaments. If entry to a poker tournament is $350, I know I'm getting a good deal by entering if there are 150 entrants and a total prize pool of $50,000. But the same $350 entrance fee is a terrible deal if the number of entrants doubles but the prize pool only increases by 50%. I guess my point is that knowing with more precision how the prizes will increase with increased entries is an important part of figuring out if this contest is a good value, and therefore if a potential player should pony up the $350.
You won't see a dollar for dollar increase. About 40% goes into the league prizes, leaving about 60%, out of that 60% you must take drafting and hosting fees, escrow fees ect. The operators who are risking thier money to start this venture deserve a profit.

Most contests with these high payouts don't increase payouts based on the number of players, FBG has found a great partner in the FFPC. The FFPC has the highest and fastest payouts in the industry.

The FFPC has a thread dedicated to this league here.

http://www.myffpc.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000001;p=1#000009 ://http://www.myffpc.com/ubb/ultimateb...;p=1#000009

You can keep up with the league prizes there.

Is the subscriber contest going by the wayside or will it still be around?$350 is a good price point & I'm looking forward to the complete details for this on Monday
Hi HT,No, this FPC is going to be totally separate of the Footballguys Insider Subscription which includes the $35,000 Subscriber contest. We'll have both.Thanks for the support on this - I've wanted to do this for years but have never found the exact right opportunity. This is it and we're excited about it.J

This is going to be huge I think.

Some random thoughts on this while they are fresh in my head:

1. Medals for league champions (besides the cash). These will have our dual logos and you can only get one by winning your league.

2. Entire prize pool escrowed. No late payments, shady business, etc. Our customers get paid on time as promised.

3. A badass Titlecraft trophy with multiple logos.

4. Deep payouts - at 600 players, I believe we are paying 60 spots overall. If this gets bigger, we will pay deeper ( holding that 10% standard). So approximately 125 players make the championship bracket and 60 of those cash.

5. This event will happen even if we sell just one league. We are committed to this for the longterm. This event is happening regardless of the number of entries or if we can turn a profit.

Best web site for fantasy football information and discussion combined with easily the best run on-line and high stakes fantasy football league. What a perfect union.

I think with all the leagues that have not paid over the years and the fact this palce has been around for 10+ years that it probably is a great idea and I believe most FBG folks will like the perceived safety of one of the biggest websites in the industry hosting this.

Should be a big hit.

Guys in here can split the fee of $350 so it's $175 a piece with a chance to collect $50,000, gotta think people will jump in on this.

All leagues online but will any have longer clocks than others? I prefer slow drafts (4-12 hour clocks with predrafting features). Any chance that any of these will be structured that way or are they all of the 2 minutes per pick variety?

I'm without a doubt IN for this year.

I've stayed out of this space because I never really trusted the company and/or didn't like the payout...but FBG gives the contest automatic credibility so it's a no brainer.

I'm interested in forming a 3-4 man think tank if some of you guys I have known for a while are interested.

I think with all the leagues that have not paid over the years and the fact this palce has been around for 10+ years that it probably is a great idea and I believe most FBG folks will like the perceived safety of one of the biggest websites in the industry hosting this. Should be a big hit. Guys in here can split the fee of $350 so it's $175 a piece with a chance to collect $50,000, gotta think people will jump in on this.
Thanks MOP. But even beyond any track record stuff, a big component of this thing will be the prize money escrowed and secured.J

I think with all the leagues that have not paid over the years and the fact this palce has been around for 10+ years that it probably is a great idea and I believe most FBG folks will like the perceived safety of one of the biggest websites in the industry hosting this. Should be a big hit. Guys in here can split the fee of $350 so it's $175 a piece with a chance to collect $50,000, gotta think people will jump in on this.
Thanks MOP. But even beyond any track record stuff, a big component of this thing will be the prize money escrowed and secured.J
And in wheat pennies. :angry:

And in wheat pennies. :angry:
Naturally. :no:J

You won't see a dollar for dollar increase. About 40% goes into the league prizes, leaving about 60%, out of that 60% you must take drafting and hosting fees, escrow fees ect. The operators who are risking thier money to start this venture deserve a profit.

Most contests with these high payouts don't increase payouts based on the number of players, FBG has found a great partner in the FFPC. The FFPC has the highest and fastest payouts in the industry.

The FFPC has a thread dedicated to this league here.

http://www.myffpc.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000001;p=1#000009 ://http://www.myffpc.com/ubb/ultimateb...;p=1#000009 ://http://www.myffpc.com/ubb/ultimateb...;p=1#000009

You can keep up with the league prizes there.
So let's 600 people enter at $350 each - that's $210,000. The payout is 40% then that's $84,000, leaving the operators the other $126,000. I understand the need to make a profit but that seem quite a lot when the fees to run an online league can't be that expensive.

So let's 600 people enter at $350 each - that's $210,000. The payout is 40% then that's $84,000, leaving the operators the other $126,000. I understand the need to make a profit but that seem quite a lot when the fees to run an online league can't be that expensive.
Your math is all wrong here. I will wait for the official announcement but there are league prizes (money just for the 12 people in a league) and overall prizes. At 40 leagues, we will lose money (payout is over 100% of money collected). At 50 leagues, I believe the payout is around 90%. At infinity leagues, the payout is around 80% (based on how we are progressing the jackpot). These payout percentages don't take into account our real costs too (league management software, fee for real time stats, time and energy running these, trophies/medals, escrow, accounting, promotion, etc).

Will the leagues be hosted on MyFantasyLeague or somwhere else?
We don't have that deal in place yet (MFL is waiting to solidify their stats contract), but yes that's the plan as both FFPC and us have great relationships with MFL. We will know what software we are using in a few weeks here.

The more I thought about this, the more I contemplate getting the 3 pack. A big part of my fantasy enjoyment comes from FBG, and it would mean alot to me, to win this whole thing.

The more I thought about this, the more I contemplate getting the 3 pack. A big part of my fantasy enjoyment comes from FBG, and it would mean alot to me, to win this whole thing.
Thanks TL. With as many smart owners as we have here, I'll be really surprised if the winner isn't a regular from the Shark Pool. J

Your math is all wrong here. I will wait for the official announcement but there are league prizes (money just for the 12 people in a league) and overall prizes. At 40 leagues, we will lose money (payout is over 100% of money collected). At 50 leagues, I believe the payout is around 90%. At infinity leagues, the payout is around 80% (based on how we are progressing the jackpot). These payout percentages don't take into account our real costs too (league management software, fee for real time stats, time and energy running these, trophies/medals, escrow, accounting, promotion, etc).
Good to hear, excited about getting a team.

Interesting. I have played with FFPC as well as its competitors in the past and have found it to be really well run. The leagues were hosted on My Fantasy League last season.

I'm in without a doubt. For me the yearly FGB subscriber contest is one of the funnest parts of the fantasy season year in and year out, so I expect this to be even better. The FBG subscriber contest thread is a blast to read over the 13 weeks of the regular season, and if you are going to dedicate a forum section to this contest I expect it will be just as much fun.

Are you going to provide some type of $$$ incentive to teams that sign up for early August draft spots?

That's the kind of info I was looking for, and it sounds like this league will be a excellent value.

any word on whether this will follow the typical FFPC scoring format? (ie TEs get 1.5 PPR and there are two flex spots, thus 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE plus 2 Flex)

Interesting. I have played with FFPC as well as its competitors in the past and have found it to be really well run. The leagues were hosted on My Fantasy League last season.
Thanks Truman. That's why this partnership is something that excites us. I've wanted to do something in this higher stakes space for a long time. I just love the vibe and feel and the competition. But my struggle was in being honest with myself and knowing that I was a lot more excited about creating and developing and marketing the thing than I was in the nitty gritty detail stuff of running the leagues. I was honest enough with myself to admit we'd fail if we didn't have that solid backbone of people running the thing.

But that's where Dave and Alex of FFPC excel. So when we started talking with them, it instantly clicked that we made a good team. Where we were weak, they were strong. I think we'll make it a good team and be able to offer our customers a good experience there.

J

Users who are viewing this thread