What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL2 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Reaper

Footballguy
And.... We're OFF.... With the 1st pick in the 2010 SSL2 Draft NorrisB Quick Picks Chris Johnson.

:Applause:

Obviously I love the 4th pick... IMO, the top 4 picks are money after that I'd rather be way on the end picks 13-16.....

The turn of Peyton and Miles should do me well.

I wanted Rodgers but settled for Peyton.. I figure the elite Qbs will be gone by the bottom of round 3/4 and didnt want mid tier bums.

Dallas O should be scary good. Early bye is nice.

The turn of Peyton and Miles should do me well.I wanted Rodgers but settled for Peyton.. I figure the elite Qbs will be gone by the bottom of round 3/4 and didnt want mid tier bums.Dallas O should be scary good. Early bye is nice.
mid tier guys are bums? thats a bit harsh

The turn of Peyton and Miles should do me well.I wanted Rodgers but settled for Peyton.. I figure the elite Qbs will be gone by the bottom of round 3/4 and didnt want mid tier bums.Dallas O should be scary good. Early bye is nice.
LOLwell I think the position is very top heavy. I wont name drop, once we get to my picks at the 3/4 Ill tell ya if I liked who was there or not.

HEY BSS - Are you purposely picking from Lhucks "Overvalued - Reach" list :mellow:

Could be a good strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: at calling the early QB's picks in this format reaches at the bottom....if you want a top tier guy either you get them with your first two picks or you don't get em....

your qb run plan is working to perfection

Well I didnt like who would be available at QB at the 3/4 turn so I took manning.That top tier is just about wiped out. QB IMO is becoming more important in FF usually the good teams have a stud QB leading the way

Well I didnt like who would be available at QB at the 3/4 turn so I took manning.That top tier is just about wiped out. QB IMO is becoming more important in FF usually the good teams have a stud QB leading the way
;) I've got a twist on this to add at a later point.

cant tell you how happy I am to draft with norris again

bass you gotta boot this guy after this bs

he does this EVERY year

####### ridiculous

cant tell you how happy I am to draft with norris againbass you gotta boot this guy after this bshe does this EVERY year####### ridiculous
I knew he was going to pick soon... That's rude - I don't know how someone posts into the wee hours of the night in other threads and then wtih 1 pick before his turn disappears for the next half a a day. :goodposting:

Eight hour clock. There is a penalty for going over. Those are the rules.

I don't see a problem here.

Back to this mock now please.

May be a bit of a reach, but the drop off at TE will come before my next pick.

4.05 B. Celek TE PHI
debated him vs. Tgonzo. Everything that could go wrong in Atl did last year, hurt Ryan, hurt Turner, Gonzo's first year. I expect better production this year.
I wanted Davis, but Norris nixed that. My next 2 were Finley and Gonzo. Usually I go for the consistant producer, but I just felt at 33 that Gonzos' age is starting to creep up on him. Finley lacks the track record, but came on strong last year and he plays in an awesome O. Still, looks like great value for you way at the other end.

gonzos a health and fitness freak

still think hes money at where hes being drafted. td machine

probably wouldve grabbed him if I didnt have turner

QB 2.12 Tom Brady (5)

RB 3.05 Chris Wells (6)

WR 1.05 Andre Johnson (7)

WR 4.12 Percy Harvin (4)

TE 5.05 Chris Cooley (9)

maybe a little early but like Well better than the others that were available stewart, benson,r brown

got snipped on z. miller and nicks so i settled on harvin, hopefully they plan more O around him this season.

with mcnabb in camp now i would expect cooley's # to at least stay the course, if not improve. other TEs had bye week issues.

the other 2 were no brainers.

Ray Rice

Felix Jones

Greg Jennings

Sidney Rice

Owen Daniels

Pretty happy with that.

I was surprised to Get either one of Felix Jones and Owen Daniels.... Both. I'll take it!!

I went WR/WR after Ray Rice thinking it would give me options later knowing the guys at the end were going to grab QB's and Te's at 2/3.... My thought was that if it came down to one of those positions later, I could wait around the bend and take value 1st (Turned out to be Felix Jones) but, with Owen Daniels as my last TE, I took a risk he'd be gone. Getting both is nice.

Ray RiceFelix JonesGreg JenningsSidney RiceOwen DanielsPretty happy with that.I was surprised to Get either one of Felix Jones and Owen Daniels.... Both. I'll take it!! I went WR/WR after Ray Rice thinking it would give me options later knowing the guys at the end were going to grab QB's and Te's at 2/3.... My thought was that if it came down to one of those positions later, I could wait around the bend and take value 1st (Turned out to be Felix Jones) but, with Owen Daniels as my last TE, I took a risk he'd be gone. Getting both is nice.
not really in love with that, felix and daniels are bad picks imo

Matt Schaub

Steven Jackson

Jamaal Charles

Hakeem Nicks

TJ Houshmandzadeh

RB-RB-QB is not really a good way to start a draft like this, but I was generally looking for value early and will worry about positional picks in a couple more rounds.

Brett Favre (4)

Matt Ryan (8)

Ben Rothelisberger (5)

Reggie Bush (10)

Carnell Williams (4)

Calvin Johnson (7)

Steve Smith NYG (8)

Witten (4)

LOLwell I think the position is very top heavy. I wont name drop, once we get to my picks at the 3/4 Ill tell ya if I liked who was there or not.
ok go ahead and tell us

I like the start so far:

QB - E. Manning NYG (8)

QB - S. Bradford STL (9)

RB - R. Grant GB (10)

RB - S. Greene NYJ (7)

RB - L. Washington SEA (5)

RB - J. Forsett SEA (5)

WR - L. Fitzgerald ARI (6)

WR - P. Garcon IND (7)

WR - C. Chambers KC (4)

WR - L. Murphy OAK (10)

WR - D. McCluster KC (4)

WR - T. Ginn Jr. SF (9)

TE - B. Celek PHI (8)

TE - D. Keller NYJ (7)

K - N. Rackers HOU (7)

K - S. Janikowski OAK (10)

D/ST - Denver (9)

D/ST - Houston (7)

ok go ahead and tell us
I basically think that there are 7 guys in the elite club and I dont include Favre due to the unknown.Brees-rodgers-Manning-Romo-Schaub-Rivers-Brady. all gone by my 3/4 turn.so I was hapyp with the Peyton pick. McNabb-Ryan-Palmer-Cutler are in that next tier but I wouldnt feel exactly great about any of them being my #1.IMO you grab one of the elite 7 and you can eschew the postion until round 9 or 10. and even fly solo if you dare

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
NorrisB said:
ok go ahead and tell us
I basically think that there are 7 guys in the elite club and I dont include Favre due to the unknown.Brees-rodgers-Manning-Romo-Schaub-Rivers-Brady. all gone by my 3/4 turn.so I was hapyp with the Peyton pick. McNabb-Ryan-Palmer-Cutler are in that next tier but I wouldnt feel exactly great about any of them being my #1.IMO you grab one of the elite 7 and you can eschew the postion until round 9 or 10. and even fly solo if you dare
being in the middle I just watited to see if schaub made it back to me in the 3rd and he didnt. just go a diff route. im not married to the take a stud qb early formulai think flying solo with brady the year he missed soured me

QBs always seem to go early in these leagues. Reaching has a bit less impact as everyone will reach a bit on this position.

5.13 Brett Favre (4)

6.04 Matt Ryan (8)

8.04 Ben Rothelisberger (5)

4.04 Reggie Bush (10)

7.13 Carnell Williams (4)

14.04 Fred Taylor (5)

17.13 Jerious Norwood (8)

18.04 Mewelde Moore (5)

1.13 Calvin Johnson (7)

3.13 Steve Smith NYG (8)

10.04 Mike Thomas JAX (9)

11.13 Lance Moore (10)

12.04 Josh Morgan (9)

15.13 Harry Douglas (8)

2.04 Witten (4)

13.13 Heap (8)

16.04 Dan Carpenter (5)

9.13 NYJ DST (7)

Piss poor prediction of ADP for value and panic picks to cover need.

What QBs are left for my next picks?

QB 2.12 Tom Brady (5)

RB 3.05 Chris Wells (6)

RB 6.12 Clinton Portis (9)

RB 9.05 Darren McFadden (10)

WR 4.12 Percy Harvin (4)

WR 7.05 Derrick Mason (8)

WR 8.12 Donnie Avery (9)

TE 5.05 Chris Cooley (9)

got to remember to NOT draft any more players off week 9...of course one must make it that far. :lmao:

@TL - F'in STRONG start. :fishing:

@Pictus - Not your best work gato :lmao:
I hate this draft.

5.13 Brett Favre (4)

6.04 Matt Ryan (8)

4.14 Reggie Bush (10)

1.13 Calvin Johnson (7)

3.13 Steve Smith NYG (8)

2.04 Witten (4)

9.13 NYJ DST (7)

Piss poor prediction of ADP for value and panic picks to cover need.

What QBs are left for my next picks?
Mine from the 13 slot

2.04 Valence - Aaron Rodgers, QB2, GB 10

4.04 Valence - Ryan Matthews, RB18, SD 10

7.13 Valence - Cadillac Williams, RB30, TBB 4

9.13 Valence - Leon Washington RB44, SEA 5

3.13 Valence - Chad OchoCinco, WR18, CIN 6

5.13 Valence - Dez Bryant, WR30, DAL 4

6.04 Valence - Braylon Edwards, WR 31, NYJ 7

8.04 Valence - Mario Manningham, WR47, NYG 8

10.04 Valence - Devin Thomas WR58, WAS 9

1.13 Valence - Dallas Clark, TE1, IND 7

I think 11-14 are the toughest draws in these things. I really think you have to get a top QB at one of your first two picks

QB - Peyton Manning(7),

RB - Ronnie Brown(5), Brandon Jacobs(8), LenDale White(5), LaDainian Tomlinson(7)

WR - Miles Austin(4), Robert Meachem(10), Kevin Walter(7), Devin Thomas (9), Earl Bennett(8)

TE - Tony Gonzalez(8)

K -

D - San Diego(10)

Updated

Like having a stud QB and TE. Very deep IMO at RB. WR after Miles looks kinda weak, but all start and have upside.

I think 11-14 are the toughest draws in these things. I really think you have to get a top QB at one of your first two picks
:goodposting: results from past years would definitely argue against that......certainly lots of ways work but if anything QB1 is less important that RB1, TE1 and certainly WR1 if not WR2 IMO

QB 2.12 Tom Brady (5)

RB 3.05 Chris Wells (6)

RB 6.12 Clinton Portis (9)

RB 9.05 Darren McFadden (10)

WR 4.12 Percy Harvin (4)

WR 7.05 Derrick Mason (8)

WR 8.12 Donnie Avery (9)

WR 11.05 Malcom Floyd (10)

WR 12.12 Josh Cribbs (8)

TE 5.05 Chris Cooley (9)

TE 10.12Jermaine Gresham (6)

K 14.12 Ryan Longwell (4)

D 13.05 Indy (7)

kinda like it, need another RB....think i'm gonna chance it with 1 QB...he has an early week off,and he is the only one i have off that week so.......

5.13 Brett Favre (4)

6.04 Matt Ryan (8)

4.04 Reggie Bush (10)

14.04 Fred Taylor (5)

17.13 Jerious Norwood (8)

18.04 Mewelde Moore (5)

1.13 Calvin Johnson (7)

3.13 Steve Smith NYG (8)

11.13 Lance Moore (10)

12.04 Josh Morgan (9)

15.13 Harry Douglas (8)

2.04 Witten (4)

13.13 Heap (8)

16.04 Dan Carpenter (5)

9.13 NYJ DST (7)

I feel pretty.

QB - Peyton Manning(7),

Flying solo here, would of liked a little earlier bye week, but not too concerned only 3 total players off on week 7 should help.

RB - Ronnie Brown(5), Brandon Jacobs(8), LenDale White(5), LaDainian Tomlinson(7)

Like my depth here and only went with 4, Need ronnie to be ready shouldnt be an issue. I like Lendale in seattle I think Pete went n got his guy.

WR - Miles Austin(4), Robert Meachem(10), Kevin Walter(7), Devin Thomas (9), Earl Bennett(8),Antwaan Randle-el(5), Brandon LaFell(6)

Dont feel super excited about this group. I spread them out well. I have onlt 1 guy missing per bye week. Break through season for Devin Thomas would be nice. Need Meachem to continue his hot end of the year streak. Not much standing between LaFell and a starting gig

TE - Tony Gonzalez(8), Anthony Fasano(5)

Tgonzo should rebound and be very nice anchor here. Fasano was good 2 years ago and had an off year last year.

K - David Akers(8), Josh Brown(9)

D - San Diego(10), Tennessee(9)

Two of each

Good luck boys.

Drafting from 15th spot.

QB: Kolb (8), Young (9)

RB: Matthews (10), Barber (4), Harrison (8), Buckhalter (9)

WR: Wayne (7), White (8), Schillens (10), Aramoshadu (8), Nate Washington (9), Caldwell (6)

TE: Winslow (4), Scaife (9)

K: Graham (6), Dawson (8)

D: Giants (8), Rams (9)

Feel good about QB, should get good production most weeks.

RB group has a lot of risk. Much depends on Matthews. I think a lot of people are underestimating Barber's role in the offense this season. Harrison and CBuck will see the field enough to help out.

WR is unsteady after White, but Schillens and Aramoshadu have upside. When you draft in the 15 spot, you have to take big risks on some guys to have a shot at making it far, and Schillens and Aramoshadu are those guys for me. Having Wayne and White allowed me to gamble on my #3 WR position.

Winslow and Scafie should see a lot of receptions although not many TDs.

K: Meh.

D: Meh.

Drafting from the 7th spot.

QB M Schaub HOU 7

QB C Henne MIA 5

Very good group. I like these two a lot.

RB S Jackson STL 9

RB J Charles KC 4

RB D Brown IND 7

RB M Hardesty CLE 8

Like this group as well, although it's not great. SJax should be solid, as long as the back/neck doesn't stop him. Like Charles even with Jones and McCluster there. Brown and Hardesty are longer shots but should contribute some and there are no shared Bye weeks.

WR H Nicks NYG 8

WR TJ Housh SEA 5

WR E Royal DEN 9

WR J Jones HOU 7

WR S Stroughter TB 4

WR S Johnson BUF 6

Weak on the surface, but most are favorite of mine so it looks good to me. I expect Nicks to be a solid WR1 this year. Housh should be decent, assuming health. I like Royal to rebound with Marshall gone and Thomas not ready for prime time yet. Jacoby Jones has all the tools if he can just work harder. I like Stroughter even with the two rookies. He's been working with Freeman a lot this offseason. Stevie Johnson is solid for a WR2 on a brutal passing team. No shared Bye weeks among the 6 of them, which is big to me.

TE V Shiancoe MIN 4

TE K Boss NYG 8

Average at best. Shiancoe might take a hit if Favre leaves, although he also could become more of a safety net. Boss is a lower end TE2.

PK J Feely ARI 6

PK O Mare SEA 5

Two early bye week kickers from teams who figure to stall in the red zone alot.

DEF New England NE 5

DEF Tampa Bay TB 4

Two early bye week defenses

Overall: Average team. I think I have a decent shot to stay in SSL2 for next year but not that great of a shot to advance and very little chance of winning.

From the eight hole:

Alex Smith 6.08

Matt Moore 10.09

I am much higher than most on Alex Smith. In the sixth round he is a perfect QB for this format. Hopefully Moore is still behind center when Smith is on a bye in week 9.

Rashard Mendenhall 1.08

Thomas Jones 8.08

Tim Hightower 9.08

Cedric Pererman 17.08

James Starks 18.09

Had to get a RB in the first round at the eight spot! I thought Mendenhall to be the safest bet. I saw too much value at the position in the middle of the draft and thought I would be able to add a few them. I read you guys wrong and had to reach for Hightower and Thomas Jones to fill the postion. Peerman has a fresh chance to live up to his expectations in Cincy, and I believe Starks should see some action later in his rookie season.

Antonio Gates 2.09

Fred Davis 11.08

Clark and Gates should have been 1st round picks in this format. When Gates fell to me, it screwed up my entire draft plan. Had to take him though as he will put up numbers that should ensure this squad survives some down weeks. I am confident Skeletor will find a way to use Davis and Cooley together.

Micheal Crabtree 3.08

Dwayne Bowe 4.09

Kenny Britt 5.08

Lee Evans 7.08

Torry Holt 15.08

Very thin but I love this group alot! Went with the youth for their potential and with the veterans for their value.

Packers 12.09

Bengals 13.08

Jags 16.09

After taking my kicker in round 14 I noted that Keading would share a bye with Green Bay in week 10. As I usually take just one kicker in this format, I thought I had better take another yet just couldn't pull the trigger on another kicker. So I went with another defense believing this would ensure a double digit scoring weekly from this position. An additional benefit is that it might cause an early exit to one of my top adversaries.

Nate Keading 14.09

I take just one and wanted a good one. Check

Week nine will be trouble for team Old Milwaukee as I have Crabtree, Britt and Alex Smith on bye. In hindsight I was probably to confident in my WR's, and should have added another.

Great to have done this again with you gentlemen and good luck to all. I'll see a couple of you in SSL1 next year!

Users who are viewing this thread