What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's on your hot dogs? (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
I crush a lot of dogs this time of year. Tons of baseball games on... beautiful weather to fire up the grill.

For me, I go either:

- Ketchup ONLY

or

- Mustard + relish + onion salt

:unsure:

Try coleslaw if you get a chance. It's good. I never had a 'slaw dog' until I moved to NC. It was awesome.

Normally... I'll just have the standard ketchup, mustard, and onion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like "The Heart Attack" - dog with bacon and cheese.

Also I'm a fan of BBQ sauce on dogs. Then again I'm a fan of BBQ sauce on pretty much everything.

Mustard, onion, relish, celery salt.

Gotta have celery salt on hot dogs.

Pretty sure you shouldn't be putting ketchup on a dog.

Diced white onion

Mustard

Celery Salt

Preferably on a poppy seed bun.

I like "The Heart Attack" - dog with bacon and cheese.Also I'm a fan of BBQ sauce on dogs. Then again I'm a fan of BBQ sauce on pretty much everything.
Used to order these things at a Jewish deli in NE Philly (not sure there was a more non-kosher item on the menu). It was called a Texas Tommy.

Pretty sure you shouldn't be putting ketchup on a dog.
Ketchup-only is permissible.
Could be. Not for me though. I just know I don't like ketchup on dogs and it seems the purists don't either. Even as a kid ketchup was unacceptable. Think I'd eat a dog condiment free before going ketchup.Mustard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ketchup

I like "The Heart Attack" - dog with bacon and cheese.Also I'm a fan of BBQ sauce on dogs. Then again I'm a fan of BBQ sauce on pretty much everything.
I make a mean Heart Attack dog......Slice the dog down the middle, insert cheese, wrap bacon around the outside and pin with toothpicks. Then throw it under the broiler or grill it.Awesome :lmao:To answer the OP question; Ketchup, yellow mustard, raw onions.

I like to put some mayonnaise on just the tip, take it out of the bun, slap myself across the face with it a few times until some of the mayonnaise dribbles down onto my chin, then slide it in and out of my mouth a few times as deep as I can.

Then I cook it and eat it with mustard on a standard hot dog bun.

Either (a) sauerkraut and mustard, (b) cheese, or (c) plain.

Ketchup is permissible on a crappy Oscar Meyer hot dog, maybe. But you don't put ketchup on a decent dog. You just don't. It's like putting ketchup on a decent cut of steak.

Ketchup is permissible on a crappy Oscar Meyer hot dog, maybe. But you don't put ketchup on a decent dog. You just don't. It's like putting ketchup on a decent cut of steak.
Oh come on.Even though I don't care for steak snobs, they at least make a compelling argument about fine cuts of meat.But there are no rules with hot dogs. It's a freakin HOT DOG. It's not fine cuisine. Put oatmeal on it for all I care.

Usually, I go Chicago dog, all the way. Yellow mustard, onion, tomato, neon green relish, sport peppers and celery salt.

But I also like bacon-wrapped hotdogs with mayo and onion.

Either (a) sauerkraut and mustard, (b) cheese, or (c) plain.

:goodposting:

Like dipping king crab in tartar sauce

Oh come on.Even though I don't care for steak snobs, they at least make a compelling argument about fine cuts of meat.But there are no rules with hot dogs. It's a freakin HOT DOG. It's not fine cuisine. Put oatmeal on it for all I care.
Sort of like arguing about what sauce is acceptable for a chicken mcnugget isn't it? I like hot dogs, but it just seems like a really silly food item to be snobbish about. :goodposting:

It's actually a pretty big no-no to put ketchup on a hot dog. All true hot dog lovers know this.

Sort of like arguing about what sauce is acceptable for a chicken mcnugget isn't it? I like hot dogs, but it just seems like a really silly food item to be snobbish about. :shrug:
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread