What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New TimeWaster (1 Viewer)

Addai's Adidas

Footballguy
Warlight

Discovered this with stumbleupon during my month long banning

Played some single player, then played last night with my son on multiplayer. The maps change, the rules change, you can customize rules. Turns can be as short as 1 minute or many days.

Here's My referral link:

referral link

Last edited by a moderator:
Im 0-4.....what's the strategy??? I've tried expanding as quickly as possible to build my armies per turn. I've tried hoarding armies in a few territories...NOTHING works. Within 10-15 turns they have armies of 20+ surrounding me.

Im 0-4.....what's the strategy??? I've tried expanding as quickly as possible to build my armies per turn. I've tried hoarding armies in a few territories...NOTHING works. Within 10-15 turns they have armies of 20+ surrounding me.
dittoWTF?

dittoWTF?
I was just whooping butt for a few turns and then a territory of 1 pops up in the middle of me?? No matter how many guys I sent after it they just kept on expanding behind me????

:kicksrock: I finished level 3 in 23 turns.I think there is a lot of luck involved in starting placement. In my game, I started in SE Asia. Expanded into Indonesia, took that. Always take the areas that give you army bonuses, focus on that.In Australia, I ran into an AI player and kicked him out. More army bonus.At the same time, I was fighting another AI player in India. I ended up chasing him to Europe. Wound up eliminating both the players I met early on. The third player who I had never really come into contact with was huge, but by this point I had Asia and Europe, I was bigger and it was just a matter of time.Try not to fight on more than two fronts at once. Engage the AI player early, he's weak and you can make him weaker.Try to keep a short front with large forces, garrisons behind where they can't get to them. Watch out for sea lanes, they will jump you when you don't expect it. If they get a foothold in your territory, respond with massive force, they'll usually back off and go somewhere else.BTW, Level 4 is harder. Damn Nazis.

44 turnsI started in Africa, was able to take over the whole continent w/o any resistance, then went down and took antarctica then south america, etc...
Won in 46, started in eastern europe with 3 enemies surrounding me (within 2-3 turns of making contact). Very tough.Screwed around on level one.

ETA - real picture, some odd reason Jojo's picture came up with my first link.

For me, the key on all these Risk games is to get South America. It's easily defensible and a good place to expand from.

I managed to beat the 3rd level by capturing all of Africa and working my way outward. Barracade the variuos ingress points, and then branch out one front at a time.

May be a dumb question, but is there any way to save an ongoing game? I know it saves your progress after you finish a level, I'm talking about in the middle of a game.

My typical strategy when I start is to always attack a neutral 2 with 4 armies, sometimes 5 if I just happen to have an extra army available. So you will need 5 for 1 ter., 9 for 2 ter., 13 for 3 ter., etc... On the later levels and challenges expand as quickly as possible. Try to avoid ports that you would come into contact with the AI. If you meet the AI early (I was once stationed right next to an AI to start), I focus on eliminating the AI. The game is much easier when you can avoid the AI for the first few rounds until you at least have a few bonuses working for you. On the levels where you have a teammate make sure you provide him with troops to stay alive. I don't think you can deploy on him with the exception of the airlift card, but you can reinforce him throughout your turn. Always attack the smaller bonuses first, less chance to encounter an AI and faster turn around time to start getting those crucial bonuses.

Seymour Corn said:
I managed to beat the 3rd level by capturing all of Africa and working my way outward. Barracade the variuos ingress points, and then branch out one front at a time.
My 1st L3 game I started in Africa and conquered all the countries in it... by the time I was starting to expand outward, one of the AIs was getting 40 armies per turn. :shock: :kicksrock:

Finally beat LVL3!!!!! I actually started in North America and worked my way south and through Europe at the same time. I set up impenetrable defenses at the bottom of south america and at the point where it connects to Africa. At one point I had 380 armies and he had 365... No one even attempted to attack one another.

Once I controlled N. America and S. America. I set up a strong defense in Northern Europe and then sent my armies to Asia from the N. East. From then on I would build up huge armies in 2 countries and basically leapfrog them across the world. Once I started controlling Europe, the guy in Africa was forced to move his army from the border where my 380 were sitting. Thats when i made my move. I invaded swiftly. He actually used his 360 to take over europe again, but thats when I used my 380 to take over Africa.

This game is really about give and take. Dont assume you can take over and continue controlling whatever you own.

GOOD LUCK!

Warlight

Discovered this with stumbleupon during my month long banning

Played some single player, then played last night with my son on multiplayer. The maps change, the rules change, you can customize rules. Turns can be as short as 1 minute or many days.
The next question is....what prompted the month long ban? Thats as long as the 4 gamer Michael Vick got.

Levels 1-3 I beat the first time or two. Absolutely critical to get bonuses ASAP and keep the CPU from doing the same.

Level 4 I think is impossible. The CPU just seems to start with too big of an advantage and gets too many bonuses/turn after the first couple. I've tried attacking into France, attacking into Norway, bunkering down, nothing seems to work.

ETA - Finally beat level 4. The key is to race to you ally and protect him so you keep getting his bonuses each turn. He will not help you, so you've got to race to his aid and keep him from getting eliminated. And aggressively attack the computer's bonuses.

Levels 1-3 I beat the first time or two. Absolutely critical to get bonuses ASAP and keep the CPU from doing the same. Level 4 I think is impossible. The CPU just seems to start with too big of an advantage and gets too many bonuses/turn after the first couple. I've tried attacking into France, attacking into Norway, bunkering down, nothing seems to work.
Reinforce your ally as much as possible. I used my first 2 air lifts to send 120 to them. Took me about 3 times to beat LVL 4. I am absolutely clueless on Challenge 1, however.

I am getting frustrated with level 3. I have to start out in such crappy countries that I am not land locked an any side. level 1 and 2 were pretty easy, and I think level 3 will be if I can start out at the south pole or some other land locked continent.

So level 4 you have allies?

Levels 1-3 I beat the first time or two. Absolutely critical to get bonuses ASAP and keep the CPU from doing the same.

Level 4 I think is impossible. The CPU just seems to start with too big of an advantage and gets too many bonuses/turn after the first couple. I've tried attacking into France, attacking into Norway, bunkering down, nothing seems to work.
Reinforce your ally as much as possible. I used my first 2 air lifts to send 120 to them. Took me about 3 times to beat LVL 4. I am absolutely clueless on Challenge 1, however.
I tried that the first time and lost horribly. As much as I gave the Russians, the Germans had more and would kill everything I gave them.

2nd time, used all the airlifts on myself and beat the Germans. Expand into France, take Spain and Portugal and the lowlands, go from there.

That said, the Russians ended up with England, Ireland, Norway and Sweden while I had everything else.

The most annoying thing to me about this game is when your front gets too long the AI will put a huge stack in one space, break through into the garrisons and go nuts. Very hard to contain, tried using big armies but was just chasing him around, started putting stacks of 3-6 in all adjacent spaces because he will try to expand. Then you can trap him with a big army.

I am getting frustrated with level 3. I have to start out in such crappy countries that I am not land locked an any side. level 1 and 2 were pretty easy, and I think level 3 will be if I can start out at the south pole or some other land locked continent.

So level 4 you have allies?
Yeah, sort of. You are the Western Allies in a WWII scenario. Your ally is Russia. The game starts with the Germans kicking the crap out of them. In my game they migrated to Sweden and managed to survive til the end that way. Have to put a ton of pressure on the Germans or the Russians will get completely destroyed.

I tried that the first time and lost horribly. As much as I gave the Russians, the Germans had more and would kill everything I gave them.

2nd time, used all the airlifts on myself and beat the Germans. Expand into France, take Spain and Portugal and the lowlands, go from there.

That said, the Russians ended up with England, Ireland, Norway and Sweden while I had everything else.

The most annoying thing to me about this game is when your front gets too long the AI will put a huge stack in one space, break through into the garrisons and go nuts. Very hard to contain, tried using big armies but was just chasing him around, started putting stacks of 3-6 in all adjacent spaces because he will try to expand. Then you can trap him with a big army.
I didn't reinforce my ally at all. I let the Germans get all the way to tip of Sweden. I used the major forces from the South England to sweep down and east. I even used the first 120 reiforcements in France. I then used the next two reinforcements to reinforce that last part seperating Sweden from England. Eventually, I had too many troops in Central Europe so flew som up to Sweden. Germany then concentrated all thier troops there, While I was using my smaller force to spread out and capture more areas for the bonus troops. Eventually, Germany was able to take England and Ireland, but had too many troops concentrated in a small area and was only able to take one or two spaces. I was able to capute all of mainland Europe and in the end I was getting more bonus troops and was able to track down Germany's one larger force.The Challenge level has befuddled me up to know.

I thought level 4 was ridiculously easy. ;)
I did also, but challenge 1 has gotten me twice already.I didn't reinforce Russia in 4 - I just invaded France and marched through Europe. 25 moves. If Russia hadn't gotten in my way a few times and made me take the long way around, I'm guessing I would have beaten it earlier.

I thought level 4 was ridiculously easy. :pickle:
I did also, but challenge 1 has gotten me twice already.I didn't reinforce Russia in 4 - I just invaded France and marched through Europe. 25 moves. If Russia hadn't gotten in my way a few times and made me take the long way around, I'm guessing I would have beaten it earlier.
Just did challenge 1 on my 1st try :lol:
Where did you start, what did you do?My best attempt so far started in southern Africa. I took Africa, Antactica, and South America before a monster army just walked through everything I had.

A couple tips to anyone having trouble.

WATCH the turns. You shouldn't suddenly see an army pop up behind your flank if you're watching all the moves. You'll suddenly notice the tiny bit of overlap on that territory you barricaded with 1 army that the AI blew through with 20.

If the AI does blow through your defenses, reinforce all the territories surrounding it. If you have four 1's, make them four 5's instead of one 16. More than likely at least 3 of those will block an attack with 2 or 3 armies. Blocking the spread is the first step to re-capturing your territory.

This has been mentioned, but bears reinforcing. As with all Risk games, capturing and defending Regions that give you bonus armies is the key to winning. Take all of Central America before branching into South America. Defend your borders where there is an opponent. Watch for opponents to move in next door if you don't have one immediately (watch the round!!). After you've secured and defended a Region, expend into the next Region.

In many cases you can take 2 territories to block 3 territories. Do this wherever possible to free up armies for attacking or defending elsewhere.

Wherever possible (Greenland, Scandavia, Alaska, all South American borders, etc.), if there is only 1 territory that your border territory is defending, take that territory and defend there. This does 2 things. It'll give you a buffer round to build up your defenses on your territory border if the AI does blow through. Secondly, this will keep the AI from getting bonus armies for holding the entire Region.

Users who are viewing this thread