What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Kenny Powers

Footballguy
With how many threads there are on everything here, I cant believe there's no boxing thread. Talk upcoming fights, recent fights, classic fights, whatever in here. Vazquez-Marquez IV is tonight...Best trilogy Ive ever witnessed first hand. I dont see how the fight tonight wont be great as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone catch FNF yesterday? Kim and Provodnikov looked powerful, but not very sound. I don't see either making it very far at the next level, but they certainly have are fun to watch and have a punchers chance in any fight.

Judging by how that fight went, Id say thats the last Vazquez-Marquez fight. If I wouldve seen Vazquez before the fight and saw that his eye was still swollen, I wouldve put big money on Marquez. Love that they brought up Marquez-Darchinyan, that would be awesome and a sure slugfest as well. Id love to see Marquez against Gamboa, Chris John, or JuanMa Lopez too.

Although that was disappointing compared to the rest of the trilogy, that Perez-Mares fight was very good I thought. I personally had it 115-113 Mares (and I even put money on Perez), but I'm cool with a draw as Im sure there will be a rematch now. Never saw Mares fight before, looks good, and I was really impressed with how he came on the last few rounds.

Judging by how that fight went, Id say thats the last Vazquez-Marquez fight. If I wouldve seen Vazquez before the fight and saw that his eye was still swollen, I wouldve put big money on Marquez. Love that they brought up Marquez-Darchinyan, that would be awesome and a sure slugfest as well. Id love to see Marquez against Gamboa, Chris John, or JuanMa Lopez too.Although that was disappointing compared to the rest of the trilogy, that Perez-Mares fight was very good I thought. I personally had it 115-113 Mares (and I even put money on Perez), but I'm cool with a draw as Im sure there will be a rematch now. Never saw Mares fight before, looks good, and I was really impressed with how he came on the last few rounds.
Obviously Vasquez is done. How about Marquez? He is up there in age and has been through some wars. He hasn't been very active lately due to his wars with Vasquez. Do you think he should keep fighting? Could he handle another big fight against a guy who isn't in the dire condition that Israel was last night?

I do enjoy boxing, but I can't say I know more than the big name fighters....wish I did, maybe this thread will help me.

I know FFA member Carver is a big boxing fan.

Judging by how that fight went, Id say thats the last Vazquez-Marquez fight. If I wouldve seen Vazquez before the fight and saw that his eye was still swollen, I wouldve put big money on Marquez. Love that they brought up Marquez-Darchinyan, that would be awesome and a sure slugfest as well. Id love to see Marquez against Gamboa, Chris John, or JuanMa Lopez too.Although that was disappointing compared to the rest of the trilogy, that Perez-Mares fight was very good I thought. I personally had it 115-113 Mares (and I even put money on Perez), but I'm cool with a draw as Im sure there will be a rematch now. Never saw Mares fight before, looks good, and I was really impressed with how he came on the last few rounds.
Obviously Vasquez is done. How about Marquez? He is up there in age and has been through some wars. He hasn't been very active lately due to his wars with Vasquez. Do you think he should keep fighting? Could he handle another big fight against a guy who isn't in the dire condition that Israel was last night?
Marquez is 35 and has been through some wars, but his skill still looks great to me and he still has his handspeed. He was considered Top 5 P4P going into the 1st Vazquez fight, and while he isn't there anymore, I think he is still one of the best P4P and is currently underrated after losing 2 in a row to Vazquez. I think he should fight 1 of those 4 guys I mentioned.

I do enjoy boxing, but I can't say I know more than the big name fighters....wish I did, maybe this thread will help me.

I know FFA member Carver is a big boxing fan.
This Saturday HBO has a rather big fight between Miguel Cotto and Yuri Foreman at Yankee Stadium. It should be a lively crowd as Cotto has a big Puerto Rican following. Yuri is from Israel and is attending school to become a rabbi, so I expect a strong Jewish turnout for him.Foreman 28-0 5-11 29 years old.

Cotto 34-2 5-7 and 29 years old.

The fight will be for Yuri's light middleweight title. Cotto is the favorite and the bigger name. Despite being the same age, Cotto has faced much better competition than Yuri has. However, Cotto has also been through some wars and may not be the same fighter he was 2 years ago. Cotto has notable wins over Mosely, Clottey, Malignaggi, and Zab Judah. He was legitimately beaten by Manny. However, his loss to Margarito is questionable since he was caught cheating using a plaster substance in his gloves. Yuri's resume doesn't feature quite the caliber of fighters, but Yuri is at his peak right now and is facing his first big time fight.

Cotto has a good jab, works the body well, is very strong, and has power in both hands. However, he is not the quickest on his feet. Yuri lacks a lot of power, but makes up for it by being very good in every other area. He is a very smooth fighter, smart fighter, and has yet to be exposed for any real weaknesses. He is going to move a lot and could give Cotto a lot of trouble.

Cotto's Greatest Hits

If anything, crowd should be into the Cotto-Foreman fight. Ive never seen an entire Foreman fight that I can recall, but what I have seen I dont think he has much of a chance against Cotto unless he jabs and moves the entire fight, and even then, not sure that would be enough.

Find it funny that the headline on ESPN's boxing section say Cotto is at a crossroads. Only guy's he has lost to are Pacman and a "juiced" Margarito. Granted, he hasnt looked like he did in the Mosley fight since then, but Id hardly call this a crossroads. I expect him to win fairly easily. If he loses, he's not much more than a gatekeeper at this point.

If anything, crowd should be into the Cotto-Foreman fight. Ive never seen an entire Foreman fight that I can recall, but what I have seen I dont think he has much of a chance against Cotto unless he jabs and moves the entire fight, and even then, not sure that would be enough. Find it funny that the headline on ESPN's boxing section say Cotto is at a crossroads. Only guy's he has lost to are Pacman and a "juiced" Margarito. Granted, he hasnt looked like he did in the Mosley fight since then, but Id hardly call this a crossroads. I expect him to win fairly easily. If he loses, he's not much more than a gatekeeper at this point.
Yuri has no real marquee wins, but they have been bringing him a long so carefully, I have to think his people believe Cotto is a good match-up for him. Cotto is more weather and is moving up in weight here. Either way, the winner is in prime position for a big $$$ PPV fight.

If anything, crowd should be into the Cotto-Foreman fight. Ive never seen an entire Foreman fight that I can recall, but what I have seen I dont think he has much of a chance against Cotto unless he jabs and moves the entire fight, and even then, not sure that would be enough. Find it funny that the headline on ESPN's boxing section say Cotto is at a crossroads. Only guy's he has lost to are Pacman and a "juiced" Margarito. Granted, he hasnt looked like he did in the Mosley fight since then, but Id hardly call this a crossroads. I expect him to win fairly easily. If he loses, he's not much more than a gatekeeper at this point.
Yuri has no real marquee wins, but they have been bringing him a long so carefully, I have to think his people believe Cotto is a good match-up for him. Cotto is more weather and is moving up in weight here. Either way, the winner is in prime position for a big $$$ PPV fight.
Dont know about a big money PPV fight unless its a Cotto-Margo rematch or Paul Williams-Cotto. Foreman is nowhere close to being on PPV, and I doubt Cotto fighting Cintron or Angulo would be, although knowing boxing they'd spin the Puerto Rico-Mexico thing with Cotto-Angulo and make it a PPV

Well, this fight showed two things. One, Cotto has a chance for a big resurgence with a new trainer and new weight division that seemed natural for him. The best fighters at 154 would seem to very difficult match-ups for Cotto, but he has never been once to dodge a fight. If he can get a fight with Martinez or Williams, he will likely take it. As for Yuri, we learned two things. He was tested and showed heart. He does not have the power to fight at the top level in this weight class. He has a difficult style, but he reminds me of Malignaggi. Quick, smart, but not enough power to hang with the A level guys. His punches barely phased Cotto, while he was reeling off of jabs.

Any idea what the moneyline was? I have a feeling Cotto was something like -450 so it wouldnt have been a big gamble in the first place, but I didnt see Cotto losing this fight no matter how it broke down.

Like I said before the fight, Cotto was/is far from done. Dude is still a force to be reckoned with, only guys he has lost to are Pacman and a brick fisted Margarito. Not bad losses by anyone's standards.

Foreman looked to me like someone who will test up & coming boxers the rest of his career. He has barely a fighters chance at beating the best of any weight class. The fact that he had a belt just shows he was one of those guys who was brought up slowly and his management picked winable fight. Comparing him to Malignaggi is easy but generous, as Im not sure Foreman had better handspeed than Cotto last night, let alone someone like Paulie M

Watching Friday Night Fights - anyone know these guys? Husanov vs. Berrio

I've never heard of em, maybe you guys know what I should be watching for. Husanov comes out very strong, looks like he won round 1.

Watching Friday Night Fights - anyone know these guys? Husanov vs. BerrioI've never heard of em, maybe you guys know what I should be watching for. Husanov comes out very strong, looks like he won round 1.
Never heard of either.There is a fight in the Super 6 Tournament on Showtime tomorrow night though - Andre Ward vs. Allan Green. Ward is a huge favorite, but Green is a solid fighter and fairly underrated. If youre not aware, the Super 6 is a tournament Showtime organized featuring most of the best super middleweights going - Andre Ward, Arthur Abraham, Mikkel Kessler, Andre Dirrell, Carl Froch, and now Allan Green (who replaced Jermain Taylor). Basically every fight so far has been great. Abraham and Kessler came in as the favorites but right now Ward is the favorite to win it all. The tourney is in stage 2 of 3 in the round robin 1st round right now. Top 4 will advance to the 2nd round semifinals. If you can check it out or DVR it, you def should.

Watching Friday Night Fights - anyone know these guys? Husanov vs. BerrioI've never heard of em, maybe you guys know what I should be watching for. Husanov comes out very strong, looks like he won round 1.
Never heard of either.There is a fight in the Super 6 Tournament on Showtime tomorrow night though - Andre Ward vs. Allan Green. Ward is a huge favorite, but Green is a solid fighter and fairly underrated. If youre not aware, the Super 6 is a tournament Showtime organized featuring most of the best super middleweights going - Andre Ward, Arthur Abraham, Mikkel Kessler, Andre Dirrell, Carl Froch, and now Allan Green (who replaced Jermain Taylor). Basically every fight so far has been great. Abraham and Kessler came in as the favorites but right now Ward is the favorite to win it all. The tourney is in stage 2 of 3 in the round robin 1st round right now. Top 4 will advance to the 2nd round semifinals. If you can check it out or DVR it, you def should.
Damn, don't get Showtime here. Part of the reason that it's so hard for me to follow - very rarely is any of the good stuff on standard cable TV.When I do get to watch it - and don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this match here - I end up watching 2 guys I've never heard of.

Green hasnt had a meaningful fight in 3 years and no doubt looked uninterested in the fight last night, but Andre Ward continues to improve every fight. Despite his dumb nickname that almost makes me want to root against him, I can't help but like him. He's gotta be a Top 15 P4P guy right now.

Can't wait for his next fight against Dirrell. I'd be amazed if that fight isnt close, and the only fight Id rather see than a rematch of Ward-Dirrell in the semis or the finals of the Super 6 would be Ward-Abraham.

Update: Dominique Alexander vs Shannon Briggs on MSG right now - middleweights

Aggressive first round, both guys come out firing. I've heard of Shannon Briggs, but know nothing about him. Anyone?

ETA - this is actually the undercard....those guys are the main event....not sure who these guys are....

Update: Dominique Alexander vs Shannon Briggs on MSG right now - middleweightsAggressive first round, both guys come out firing. I've heard of Shannon Briggs, but know nothing about him. Anyone?ETA - this is actually the undercard....those guys are the main event....not sure who these guys are....
There was heavyweight Shannon Briggs who was a contender a few years ago. I don't know of the middleweight.

Update: Dominique Alexander vs Shannon Briggs on MSG right now - middleweightsAggressive first round, both guys come out firing. I've heard of Shannon Briggs, but know nothing about him. Anyone?ETA - this is actually the undercard....those guys are the main event....not sure who these guys are....
There was heavyweight Shannon Briggs who was a contender a few years ago. I don't know of the middleweight.
It's probably a heavyweight fight, but the undercard was middleweight.I know I've heard of Briggs, but I know quite literally NOTHING about him. I have to think it's the same guy.

Oh my goodness.

Shannon Briggs just knocked out Dominique Alexander in literally 5 seconds. I counted 5 mississippi from the bell, and Alexander was down, and the fight is over.

:unsure: :goodposting:

HBO Boxing After Dark tonight. Angulo just destroyed Alcine and scored a 1st round stoppage. Tim Bradley fights tonight. It should be interesting to see how Bradley looks tonight. Khan, Alexander, and Maidana are breathing down his neck in a loaded jr welterweight division.

I actually missed the Angulo fight because I tuned in 15 minutes late :football: ...I think hes decent but Id like to see him fight someone legit and who has decent defense.

My boy Desert Storm Bradley looked very good all around as usual. Id like to see him fight Pac, but Id rather he fight the top guys at 140 in Alexander, Khan, and Maidana, or even Victor Ortiz although I know hed destroy Ortiz. Bradley has to be considered a top 10 P4P, and with that in mind, has to be one of the least publicized guys with that kind of talent.

I actually missed the Angulo fight because I tuned in 15 minutes late :lmao: ...I think hes decent but Id like to see him fight someone legit and who has decent defense.My boy Desert Storm Bradley looked very good all around as usual. Id like to see him fight Pac, but Id rather he fight the top guys at 140 in Alexander, Khan, and Maidana, or even Victor Ortiz although I know hed destroy Ortiz. Bradley has to be considered a top 10 P4P, and with that in mind, has to be one of the least publicized guys with that kind of talent.
It is very unlikely Pac is even considering fighting Bradley right now. Which means after Alexander fights in a few weeks, these two guys have to meet up. Then, the winner can have enough credibility to fight Manny or Floyd. The loser is in a good position to rebuild their rep. by fighting Khan or Maidana. I really this super fight is different. Bradley claimed he would fight anyone and was a throwback fighter. I hope he is true to his word.

I actually missed the Angulo fight because I tuned in 15 minutes late :lmao: ...I think hes decent but Id like to see him fight someone legit and who has decent defense.My boy Desert Storm Bradley looked very good all around as usual. Id like to see him fight Pac, but Id rather he fight the top guys at 140 in Alexander, Khan, and Maidana, or even Victor Ortiz although I know hed destroy Ortiz. Bradley has to be considered a top 10 P4P, and with that in mind, has to be one of the least publicized guys with that kind of talent.
It is very unlikely Pac is even considering fighting Bradley right now. Which means after Alexander fights in a few weeks, these two guys have to meet up. Then, the winner can have enough credibility to fight Manny or Floyd. The loser is in a good position to rebuild their rep. by fighting Khan or Maidana. I really this super fight is different. Bradley claimed he would fight anyone and was a throwback fighter. I hope he is true to his word.
Oh, no doubt Pac is looking at other guys for his next fight, I was just saying Id rather see Bradley fight one of those 140 guys anyway

Yuriorkis Gamboa has been considered 1 of the best prospects of the last few years. Big time puncher. Finally gets his first HBO main event fight tonight :lmao:

I love how SNY shows boxing all the time, even if it's always tape-delayed.

They're showing a bunch of fights by some guy named Tomasz Adamek tonight...I think they're promoting a fight of his in early December. Really deceptive fighter, and fun to watch. This is the second bout in a row that he's taking on a guy who looks to have like 5 inches and 50 lbs on him, and he's winning again.

Steve Tasker said:
I love how SNY shows boxing all the time, even if it's always tape-delayed.They're showing a bunch of fights by some guy named Tomasz Adamek tonight...I think they're promoting a fight of his in early December. Really deceptive fighter, and fun to watch. This is the second bout in a row that he's taking on a guy who looks to have like 5 inches and 50 lbs on him, and he's winning again.
He is a heck of a fighter. He has really used his quickness and hand speed to beat on some much slower big men. If he gets in the ring with klitschko, he would be destroyed.

Anyone catch Rafael Marquez and Juan Manuel Lopez last night? Great fight and one that certainly moves Lopez into the discussion for boxing's pound for pound best. I can't wait to see him get in the ring with Gamboa or Cabellero.

Also, we are 2 weeks away from seeing the 2 best pound for pound fighters not named Floyd or Manny facing off in a fight of the year rematch: Paul Williams vs Sergio Martinez. That is not a fight to be missed.

Anyone catch Rafael Marquez and Juan Manuel Lopez last night? Great fight and one that certainly moves Lopez into the discussion for boxing's pound for pound best. I can't wait to see him get in the ring with Gamboa or Cabellero. Also, we are 2 weeks away from seeing the 2 best pound for pound fighters not named Floyd or Manny facing off in a fight of the year rematch: Paul Williams vs Sergio Martinez. That is not a fight to be missed.
Didnt even realize there were any fights last night, as it seems like its been forever since a decent fight, but did watch the Marquez-JuanMa and Johnson-Green fights...When JuanMa burst on the scene, I was really impressed but he had a couple more recent fights where it seemed like vs. better opponents he wouldnt be so dominant, and I actually thought he had lost but I guess not. I'll rescind those thoughts after last night, but it to hold anything against him, it was against a fighter above his normal weight class and lords knows just how much the Vazquez quadrilogy took out of him.Any idea on the moneyline for the Johnson-Green fight?? I wouldve taken Glen in a second, but I would think he was a big favorite although since he hasnt fought at super middle in a decade, they couldve factored that in....I had no idea Dirrell and Kessler both dropped out of the Super 6, you know why???? I def wouldve liked to see Dirrell in the semis, but I gotta say having Glen in it makes it quite intriguing. If I was Abraham, I would not want to be facing Glen in the semis if thats how it works out.Like I said, been awhile since there were good fights, and this year hasnt had all that many either it seems, but theres a bunch of great fights over the next month and a half. Big Pun-Martinez II will be off the charts.

Anyone catch Rafael Marquez and Juan Manuel Lopez last night? Great fight and one that certainly moves Lopez into the discussion for boxing's pound for pound best. I can't wait to see him get in the ring with Gamboa or Cabellero. Also, we are 2 weeks away from seeing the 2 best pound for pound fighters not named Floyd or Manny facing off in a fight of the year rematch: Paul Williams vs Sergio Martinez. That is not a fight to be missed.
Didnt even realize there were any fights last night, as it seems like its been forever since a decent fight, but did watch the Marquez-JuanMa and Johnson-Green fights...When JuanMa burst on the scene, I was really impressed but he had a couple more recent fights where it seemed like vs. better opponents he wouldnt be so dominant, and I actually thought he had lost but I guess not. I'll rescind those thoughts after last night, but it to hold anything against him, it was against a fighter above his normal weight class and lords knows just how much the Vazquez quadrilogy took out of him.Any idea on the moneyline for the Johnson-Green fight?? I wouldve taken Glen in a second, but I would think he was a big favorite although since he hasnt fought at super middle in a decade, they couldve factored that in....I had no idea Dirrell and Kessler both dropped out of the Super 6, you know why???? I def wouldve liked to see Dirrell in the semis, but I gotta say having Glen in it makes it quite intriguing. If I was Abraham, I would not want to be facing Glen in the semis if thats how it works out.Like I said, been awhile since there were good fights, and this year hasnt had all that many either it seems, but theres a bunch of great fights over the next month and a half. Big Pun-Martinez II will be off the charts.
Dirrell was illegally punched in the back of the head against Abraham. He seems to have suffered possibly career ending brain injury. Lots of good fights for the next 6 weekss.

Dirrell was illegally punched in the back of the head against Abraham. He seems to have suffered possibly career ending brain injury. Lots of good fights for the next 6 weekss.
Oh ####, I saw that fight but didnt realized Dirrell had any sort of sustained injury from it. Didnt he walk out of the ring after 5 or so minutes? Makes it laughable how a bunch of people said Dirrell faked it after that punch

I wont see the fight until when HBO re-airs it next week, but a 120-108 scorecard is enough to tell me Pacman must have crushed Margarito.

Forget best pound for pound right now, I think Pacquiao has possibly moved into Top 10 GOAT status. Beating Mayweather if it happens would cement him in there.

He's never ducked anyone, and he's gotten better with age. Started professionally fighting when he was 16, and his only loss since he was 21 was the first fight in the Morales trilogy where Morales won a 115-113 UD (and from what I recall, I think Morales deserved it) where he went on to KO Morales in the following 2 fights, notably the 3rd round in the final fight and you could probably say Pac effectively ended his career. He has that memorable trilogy, plus memorable multi fights with Barrera and JMM.

Seriously unbelievable he started out fighting at 106 lbs and just won a world title in the 154lb weight class. If he is actually clean, he is a freak.

Oh ####, I saw that fight but didnt realized Dirrell had any sort of sustained injury from it. Didnt he walk out of the ring after 5 or so minutes? Makes it laughable how a bunch of people said Dirrell faked it after that punch
There is definitely some skepticism regarding how serious his injury is. There are reports of neurological issues and others who think he is still faking to get out of the Super 6. He walked out of the ring- they even interviewed him after. However, he spent the entire interview thinking he lost the fight. I'm not sure he ever even realized he won, no matter how many people kept telling him. He didn't seem right to me at all.

Great chance for FOTY tonight with Sergio Martinez getting a rematch against Paul Williams on HBO. Williams won the fight last December on a majority decision, 115-113, 114-114, and a controversial 119-110 card....Based on how the 2nd half of the fight last year went, I gotta favor Martinez here despite Big Pun Williams being arguably my favorite boxer going these days. Martinez knows what to expect this time, and appeared to figure out Williams as the fight went on while landing a ton of power shots...I think Martinez by decision but Ill be rooting for Williams

Great chance for FOTY tonight with Sergio Martinez getting a rematch against Paul Williams on HBO. Williams won the fight last December on a majority decision, 115-113, 114-114, and a controversial 119-110 card....Based on how the 2nd half of the fight last year went, I gotta favor Martinez here despite Big Pun Williams being arguably my favorite boxer going these days. Martinez knows what to expect this time, and appeared to figure out Williams as the fight went on while landing a ton of power shots...I think Martinez by decision but Ill be rooting for Williams
I actually just re-watched the first fight. I still think Martinez won, but he looked like the much more drained fighter by the end. I think Martinez will be in better shape this fight as he had more time to prepare. I am going to say the slicker Martinez gets a narrow decision here. Williams had no answer for Sergio's left hook lead left-straight right combo. If that isn't figured out, Williams could be in trouble. However, Williams pressure and activity does have a way of wearing down opponents and wowing judges.

Wow.

I haven't seen a knockout like that in quite awhile. He put Williams to sleep.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Wow.

I haven't seen a knockout like that in quite awhile. He put Williams to sleep.
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
People usually have their eyes shut when they sleep, this was closer to death. All the more impressive when you consider Williams was known as a guy with an iron chin.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0f05uCN07c

Saturday is the biggest boxing night of the year. HBO has Juan Manual Marquez against Michael Katsdidis. The counter puncher vs action fighter should make for a good fight. Marquez is 37 and Katsdidis is no slouch, could be closer than anticipated. Also, Celestino Caballero, one of boxing's most exciting and unique fighters, will fight. As will Andre Berto, who was poised to become one of the top welterweights before taking a curious period of relative inactivity. He is looking to earn a shot with Floyd or Manny.

Showtime has Andre Ward fighting for a middleweight title in Oakland and the anticipated Super 6 fight between Froch and Abraham- I expect a stoppage or KO here. Both these Europeans have reputations as fighters and there is genuine dislike for each other. Could be fight of the year.

What a war- FOTY for me. I hate the way Jo e Cortez called that fight.
I was too sauced up and dont remember much of this fight, I'll need to watch it again.I thought Ortiz-Peterson was pretty good, couldnt believe the rounds the announcers were giving to Ortiz so I was pleasantly surprised it came out as a draw. I think Peterson might have won that.I watched the Darchinyan-Mares and Agbeko-Perez fights last night...Darchinyan-Mares was damn good, I had it tied 93-93 after 11 rounds. I thought Mares won the first 2 minutes of the 12th, but Vic won the last minute. Gave it to Mares 113-112 because I thought he fought an uphill battle thanks to the round 1 clash of heads, he agressor more, and he fought a better fight overall. Im still amazed how well he took some of those big lefts from Vic. I expected Agbeko-Perez to be much closer, but damn, Agbeko put on a show. Agbeko-Mares should be a great matchup.Cant wait for Hopkins-Pascal tonight. B-Hop is my favorite fighter of all time so I hope he has a big night in what would make him the oldest titleholder ever in possibly his last fight.

What a war- FOTY for me. I hate the way Jo e Cortez called that fight.
I was too sauced up and dont remember much of this fight, I'll need to watch it again.I thought Ortiz-Peterson was pretty good, couldnt believe the rounds the announcers were giving to Ortiz so I was pleasantly surprised it came out as a draw. I think Peterson might have won that.I watched the Darchinyan-Mares and Agbeko-Perez fights last night...Darchinyan-Mares was damn good, I had it tied 93-93 after 11 rounds. I thought Mares won the first 2 minutes of the 12th, but Vic won the last minute. Gave it to Mares 113-112 because I thought he fought an uphill battle thanks to the round 1 clash of heads, he agressor more, and he fought a better fight overall. Im still amazed how well he took some of those big lefts from Vic. I expected Agbeko-Perez to be much closer, but damn, Agbeko put on a show. Agbeko-Mares should be a great matchup.Cant wait for Hopkins-Pascal tonight. B-Hop is my favorite fighter of all time so I hope he has a big night in what would make him the oldest titleholder ever in possibly his last fight.
I actually thought the opposite- Ortiz clearly won the fight. You absolutely need to rewatch Maidana-Khan. One of those fights where there was no loser as both guys showed a ton of heart. I have to think B-Hop will win tonight. I don't find Jean Pascal overly impressive. I felt like Chad Dawson could have easily beaten Pascal, but for some reason he never pressed the action. He allowed Pascal to land a flurry and then kill time. I think Hopkins will be much smarter and won't allow Pascal to stall as much. Pascal's endurance is an issue and I think we will see Hopkins clearly pull away down the stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread