What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (6 Viewers)

I know.  Charlo at 160 is like Crawford at 147.  Frozen out of the best matchups.
Some horse-trading would get it done, but the promoters won't do it. Fury/Wilder 2 and Spence/Crawford would be pretty close in terms of ppv buys. But, again, the PBC would rather run through their stable of kinda-losing-their-luster 147's first, and it sounds like Wilder's being lined up for Ortiz and Kownacki after Breazeale, keeping it all the way in house. Which is a terrible move for his commercial development, imo.

Couple of low-key solid cards tonight. Hurd/J-Rock, Navarette/Dogboe II, and Berchelt/Vargas II (which seems like an inessential rematch, but ok) should all be action-packed.

I haven’t seen nearly as many fights this year as I normally do but his is the best I’ve seen all year. 

Also what is the corner doing with the Vaseline lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Inoue/Rodriguez and Taylor/Baranchyk is a super-legit double-header on Da Zone this weekend. All four guys are unbeaten and top 5 in their respective divisions, imo.

Inoue/Rodriguez and Taylor/Baranchyk is a super-legit double-header on Da Zone this weekend. All four guys are unbeaten and top 5 in their respective divisions, imo.

Some of my best Boxing memories are Tyson destroying guys just like that...I hope Wilder has a few more of those in him.

Some of my best Boxing memories are Tyson destroying guys just like that...I hope Wilder has a few more of those in him.
HW is at the same point that 147 is right now. I don't need to see Wilder against anyone except Joshua or Fury, and vice versa. Maybe Usyk will get into that mix too, but he hasn't debuted yet. Anything else is a waste of time.

I don't hate Joshua. He's not a terribly engaging personality, but he's a very good HW and his resume is rather impressive, especially given boxing politics, having opponents fall out, etc. etc.

But man if my guy Andy Ruiz beats him this Saturday, I am going to jump straight out of my window.

Not seeing this reported yet...

The only way this is acceptable is if Joshua-Fury gets signed and the winners meet.  And this is from someone who was REALLY into the Wilder-Ortiz hype and loved the first fight.
This puts a ton of pressure on Joshua and Fury to fight now. 

Not seeing this reported yet...

The only way this is acceptable is if Joshua-Fury gets signed and the winners meet.  And this is from someone who was REALLY into the Wilder-Ortiz hype and loved the first fight.
It was a good fight, but there's no need for a rematch. Wilder won, and it wasn't even controversial!

There was apparently a hard-and-fast plan, from Haymon, for Wilder to fight Breazeale, then Ortiz again, then Kownacki early next year. The Breazeale fight didn't even sell out Barclay's, and had about 1mm viewers on Showtime. That's a big step back from a ppv that did 350k buys.

HW is at the same point that 147 is right now. I don't need to see Wilder against anyone except Joshua or Fury, and vice versa. Maybe Usyk will get into that mix too, but he hasn't debuted yet. Anything else is a waste of time.
The only fights I will pay to see now are Spence/Crawford and Wilder/Joshua.  Sadly, the politics of boxing will likely have these fights " simmer " too long and likely die on the vine (hopefully not but boxing has shot itself in the foot too many times to count so I have little faith at this point).

Users who are viewing this thread