What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Barrios vs Zamora was pretty good, stopped too early, couldve been really good. Barrios looks like 1 to keep an eye on.

Hoping this Davis fight is good

Barrios vs Zamora was pretty good, stopped too early, couldve been really good. Barrios looks like 1 to keep an eye on.

Hoping this Davis fight is good
Mares was a safe fight, and Ruiz an even safer replacement. I'd like to see Farmer at 130 before he moves up, but if Floyd's calling the shots, I think they're going to move him with the utmost caution. Which is too bad.

Only caught the 2nd half of Figueroa-Molina but that was a decent fight
They held the undercard AFTER the fight. Union dudes were literally breaking down press row as fights were occurring. Not on streaming either. Karlos Balderas, a good prospect, was on there. There was a dramatic fight for a legit world title at 105 lb., and Juarez/Iwasa was a good fight. Only a few hundred people were there. I dunno, weird stuff.

Ruiz did decently for what he is against LSC, but it was basically a glorified sparring session.

furleybaby said:
They held the undercard AFTER the fight. Union dudes were literally breaking down press row as fights were occurring. Not on streaming either. Karlos Balderas, a good prospect, was on there. There was a dramatic fight for a legit world title at 105 lb., and Juarez/Iwasa was a good fight. Only a few hundred people were there. I dunno, weird stuff.

Ruiz did decently for what he is against LSC, but it was basically a glorified sparring session.
I think his name was Rivera, which yeah, pretty much proves your point on sparring session hah. LSC dominated.

GGG to Da Zone for his next 6 fights. Wilder's in talks to do the same. ESPN was wooing him too, the PBC was going to have to make Wilder/Breazeale a ppv, and that would've gone over like a fart in church.

Super-welterweight Ismail Madrimov knocked out Frank Rojas in brutal fashion in the second round. Only his 2nd fight and he's fighting 10 rounders, dude looks very legit.

PBC has another 6-fight "overcard" tonight, dudes fighting in front of a couple hundred people in the cold, no TV. They are weird sometimes.

Any thoughts on Spence vrs mickey Garcia next weekend?  Garcia going up in weight.  Nice to be able to look forward to good fighters fighting each other.  Will pull for Garcia but Spence has looked unbeatable.

Any thoughts on Spence vrs mickey Garcia next weekend?  
While I admire Garcia for going up two weight classes and fighting the best welterweight in the world right now, Spence should win this by mid-to-late stoppage with little trouble.

Would love to see a Spence/Crawford fight sometime soon (2019/2020).

Any thoughts on Spence vrs mickey Garcia next weekend?  Garcia going up in weight.  Nice to be able to look forward to good fighters fighting each other.  Will pull for Garcia but Spence has looked unbeatable.
I am very excited about this and i think it will be a good fight.  I think it can be close.  But i dont know that Mikey an hurt Spence and if that happens Spence will simply walk him down and stop him eventually.  I think if mIkey loses he could go fight porter and maybe take that strap.  id rather he go back down and fight loma.  Either way great fight and i am really looking forward to it. 

I am very excited about this and i think it will be a good fight.  I think it can be close.  But i dont know that Mikey an hurt Spence and if that happens Spence will simply walk him down and stop him eventually.  I think if mIkey loses he could go fight porter and maybe take that strap.  id rather he go back down and fight loma.  Either way great fight and i am really looking forward to it. 
Great fight but I do worry Mikey is just going to be too small. I am pulling for Mikey though, he's been one of my guys from the first time I saw him fight. 

Garcia would run circles around a crude destroyer like Lejarraga (who, btw, has one of the best homefield advantages in all of boxing. his fights are nuts), but Spence isn't just power and a set of big nipples, that guy can really box. And he can cut off the ring on fighters and punish his opponents. He's also a superb finisher. Garcia's a good fighter off the back foot, he's extremely versatile and he does everything well, and he's quick, but the size is going to be an issue he just can't overcome.

I think Spence wins, but I also think Garcia's probably going to be the #3 guy in that division, even in defeat. That vaunted crop of PBC 147's is starting to show its age.

Garcia would run circles around a crude destroyer like Lejarraga (who, btw, has one of the best homefield advantages in all of boxing. his fights are nuts), but Spence isn't just power and a set of big nipples, that guy can really box. And he can cut off the ring on fighters and punish his opponents. He's also a superb finisher. Garcia's a good fighter off the back foot, he's extremely versatile and he does everything well, and he's quick, but the size is going to be an issue he just can't overcome.

I think Spence wins, but I also think Garcia's probably going to be the #3 guy in that division, even in defeat. That vaunted crop of PBC 147's is starting to show its age.
Im not sure but i think we will know the answer to this after the fight.  If Garcias power translates without lose of speed i think you are correct. If not then im doubtful

Im not sure but i think we will know the answer to this after the fight.  If Garcias power translates without lose of speed i think you are correct. If not then im doubtful
I think he beats Thurman. I also think he beats Pacquiao. I'm pretty confident he beats anyone below that.

Giddyup!  going to be a great fight.  Garcia wins and we have the second coming of Pacman.  Spence wins and he solidifies himself as the top dog at 147.  :excited:  

Definitely excited, i think itll be entertaining but id be almost shocked if Mikey pulls off the win. Im surprised the odds are as close as they are. I just think its too tough a fight for him to go up 2 weight classes. IMO he shouldve fought another high end/belt holder welter before going right to Spence

ETA: and i think Mikey is really, really good

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely excited, i think itll be entertaining but id be almost shocked if Mikey pulls off the win. Im surprised the odds are as close as they are. I just think its too tough a fight for him to go up 2 weight classes. IMO he shouldve fought another high end/belt holder welter before going right to Spence

ETA: and i think Mikey is really, really good
Size and power difference will likely be too much 

Who’s doing the announcing?
Ringside is Lennox(i dont mind lennox), kenny albert and someone else.  They other crew that kills time is Porter, Ray Mancini some other dude and then this women interviewing the boxers.   She was asking Evander basic questions like he was going to give a good interview and stunned when he didnt say much.  :lmao:  

Users who are viewing this thread