What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I don't see this as a clearly as the announcers are talking about it. Maybe I'll just a nervous Pac fan who's seen him get screwed in the cards.

Thurman but enough clean power punches to make me.nervous.

great fight.  Manny adds another great win to his legacy.  i hope he retires.  i dont want to see him fight spence.  i think thats too much. but he beats anyone other than spence and crawford. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Manny took some pretty hard rights.   I thought Thurman looked much better as the fight progressed, but am happy Manny was able to get the win and look pretty good in the process.  I miss HBO boxing though.   I have such find memories of Lampley, Merchant, and Foreman (despite some of the silly stuff at times).  I also love kellerman's boxing insight.   Other than Lennox (my favorite fighter of all time), I didn't like the commentary all that much.  

agreed.  But if im bud i go for that fight asap.  at least then he would have a legit welterweight under his belt instead of the bums hes fighting.
Good point and agree.  I remember thinking Indongo might give him a little trouble.  I had seen Indongo's previous fight where he looked pretty impressive.   Bud dismantled him.  Maybe a little late, but that's when I realized the hype was legit.  I think Pac has enough of a chin to make it interesting to watch, but it could be sad if Manny were to get pummeled and go out like that.   Still, I'd be pretty interested to watch it.   I think Team Pacman might be too smart to take that fight though.   

Thoughts on Thurman vs porter(Again), Bud or Spence?  He impressed me as well as i kind of thought he was done.  Can Thurman Bud be made? I want to see that now. 
Thurman would get wiped out by Crawford or Spence, but at this point he could lose (probably not ko) to Porter. Josesito had him in real deep waters, it could happen again. And if that happens to a B-level guy like Ugas, it's probably curtains for his career.

Any fight can be made, but I'm not holding my breath for Al to cross the street.

Maxim Dadashev died. It may not have mattered, but they needed to get him to a hospital faster than they did. Response time is critical for subdural hematomas. Awful ####.

Watching the card on Fox. In the current fight, Browne vs Pascal, The referee is annoyingly distractive to me. He does two things that I’ve noticed. First when he breaks the fighters up, he puts an extra push in there every single time. Just seems unnecessary. Secondly, he seems overly concerned about hitting after the bell. It’s gotten to the point where I hope he gets hit trying to jump in there.

The fight itself is pretty interesting. Browne, the champion, is in control of the fight. However, he’s been knocked down three times so the fight is tremendously close.

Accidental headbutt ends the fight after seven. This flight may actually be a draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith R said:
This is the consensus opinion, mine included.  But it ought to be a lot of fun getting there.  I'll be watching. 
Porter has a lot of guts but I see Spence busting him up & stopping him.   No way I'm paying $75 or whatever to see it.

I love boxing but the viewing options lately has me perplexed.

I’m calling Spence UD.  

Porter hasn’t been stopped before correct?  While i think it’s possible, i could see his style make it a little more difficult.  But ultimately once in trouble he will fight not to get dropped.  I don’t see a realistic path to victory here for porter but i think it will be a good fight to watch. Looking forward to it.  

Been a few years since Ghost Guerrero was relevant, but I've always liked the guy.  Slowly working his way to a very professional win against Jerry Thomas on FS1, though Thomas pouring it on the late 9th, trying for a late KO.  Guerrero up big on the cards.

Such a shame this fight is on PPV. It is the perfect night and time in their careers for a feature fight on ESPN or FOX.

Users who are viewing this thread