What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Yeah I heard about that earlier tonight but forgot to post here. Sad story. Not only is his career over, he might never walk again.

Very sad. Hard to believe that a guy who constantly talked about getting out of boxing young and healthy would be reckless enough to ride a bike.

I am still kind of fd up over that. I don't know what kind of person he is, but it just seems so unfair. He gave everything he had everynight. He deserved better.
Yeah, a career ending injury is one thing (various head injuries for instance), but I still cant believe The Punisher is paralyzed.

I despise Arum...I honestly would not be surprised if the fix isn't in for Bradley to win...let PacMan go off into the sunset for politics and a nice percentage in order to set Bradley up as his next cash cow.

I know I'm losing my marbles here...I just put nothing...not one damned thing past that piece of crap.

I despise Arum...I honestly would not be surprised if the fix isn't in for Bradley to win...let PacMan go off into the sunset for politics and a nice percentage in order to set Bradley up as his next cash cow.I know I'm losing my marbles here...I just put nothing...not one damned thing past that piece of crap.
I hope people don't go crying FIX if Bradley wins. I happen to think he's got a great shot to win even without a "fix" in place. The kid is no joke. If he can fight intelligently early on and hang around, Manny will start to feel those heavy 33-year-old legs soon enough.Bradley is +360 which I think is fairly insulting.

I despise Arum...I honestly would not be surprised if the fix isn't in for Bradley to win...let PacMan go off into the sunset for politics and a nice percentage in order to set Bradley up as his next cash cow.I know I'm losing my marbles here...I just put nothing...not one damned thing past that piece of crap.
I hope people don't go crying FIX if Bradley wins. I happen to think he's got a great shot to win even without a "fix" in place. The kid is no joke. If he can fight intelligently early on and hang around, Manny will start to feel those heavy 33-year-old legs soon enough.Bradley is +360 which I think is fairly insulting.
Bradley is much better than casual fans realize. Besides JMMarquez, Bradley is the best fighter Pac has faced since Morales 6 years ago. He has more speed than anyone Pac has faced since I dont even know how long. Bradley dominated Devon Alexander, who dominated Marcos Maidana who only other loss was a close decision to Amir Khan. He dominated Lamont Peterson, who is the only fighter to beat Amir Khan. Almost all of Bradley's fights havent even been close.If Manny cant handle his speed, I wouldnt be surprised at all that Bradley wins.

Bradley loves to rough it up, lots of grappling and headbuts. It isn't fun to watch but it is effective.

Also tonigt Kelly Pavlik is fighting on ESPN.

Ive been telling my friends that Bradley is no joke, hes young , he trains like an animal and hes hungry. That said i think Manny is going to be in the best shape hes been in for some time as hes living clean now. I think 33 is still yound in boxing and the cream always rises to the top.Manny wins by a 10th round TKO.

Ive been telling my friends that Bradley is no joke, hes young , he trains like an animal and hes hungry. That said i think Manny is going to be in the best shape hes been in for some time as hes living clean now. I think 33 is still yound in boxing and the cream always rises to the top.Manny wins by a 10th round TKO.
Bradley will not get KO'd...I could see Pac winning 12-0 before him KOing Desert Storm.

Really amped up for tonight, should be a great fight. I might miss the live fight, but hopefully can find a replay tomorrow.

'tdoss said:
Thanks Arum.The man is single-handedly destroying the sport.

'Raider Nation said:
'tdoss said:
Yeah, disregard.Permission granted to cry "FIX!"

Really amped up for tonight, should be a great fight. I might miss the live fight, but hopefully can find a replay tomorrow.
Where could you find something like that?? If I cant find a stream tonight, Id definitely like to do that.
They can sometimes be found online. I missed the fight but was following on Twitter and everyone had it seemingly 117-111 for Pac. Dan Rafael had 119-109 Pac. I gotta see this fight...sounds like another black eye for the sport to me, if the fight was as lopsided as people made it sound.

Here's a link to the replay: Link

You generally find them on not-so-reputable-looking sites. This one looks to be working so far, but I've just started watching.

Just watched the Pac-Bradley fight. Yeah, that's pretty bad.

Also, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is a hell of a talent. Must be hard being so great and still being in the shadow of your father. Hope he gets his shot against Martinez. I would consider paying for that PPV.

Just watched the Pac-Bradley fight. Yeah, that's pretty bad.Also, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is a hell of a talent. Must be hard being so great and still being in the shadow of your father. Hope he gets his shot against Martinez. I would consider paying for that PPV.
He has improved a great deal these last 2 years. I wasn't completely sold till last night. His biggest advantage is his size and ability to manipulate his weight. The guy weighs in at 154 and then fights at 180, it is crazy. I do have some concerns he isn't clean tho. Yesterday was the 2nd fight in a row that Chavez did not submit.a urine sample before the fight because he claims he couldn't pee. That seems fishy.

Also, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is a hell of a talent. Must be hard being so great and still being in the shadow of your father. Hope he gets his shot against Martinez. I would consider paying for that PPV.
He has improved a great deal these last 2 years. I wasn't completely sold till last night. His biggest advantage is his size and ability to manipulate his weight. The guy weighs in at 154 and then fights at 180, it is crazy. I do have some concerns he isn't clean tho. Yesterday was the 2nd fight in a row that Chavez did not submit.a urine sample before the fight because he claims he couldn't pee. That seems fishy.
Well, to be fair, it was very hot there last night. He could have been dehydrated (which would explain the lack of urine as well as the leg cramping he claimed to be suffering from)He really threw some great punches last night. Just thunderous body shots. What the hell was that guy thinking fighting him in close? Thought it was pretty great seeing that Irish guy box like 1915 fisticuffs style for the first round or so. He was a mustache away from this

Well, to be fair, it was very hot there last night. He could have been dehydrated (which would explain the lack of urine as well as the leg cramping he claimed to be suffering from)He really threw some great punches last night. Just thunderous body shots. What the hell was that guy thinking fighting him in close? Thought it was pretty great seeing that Irish guy box like 1915 fisticuffs style for the first round or so. He was a mustache away from this
I would give him a pass but he didn't pee last fight either. I doubt he was dehydrated the day of the fight. The day before,yeah as he was trying to cut weight, but he likely drank gallons of water Saturday. Lee needed to stay on the outside, but after round 2 he stopped using his jab. It sounds like Martinez v Chavez is set for November...great fight.

'Ilov80s said:
'TLEF316 said:
Just watched the Pac-Bradley fight. Yeah, that's pretty bad.Also, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is a hell of a talent. Must be hard being so great and still being in the shadow of your father. Hope he gets his shot against Martinez. I would consider paying for that PPV.
Not sold on Chavez Jr. at all, and is the reason why boxing has gone straight downhill. The guy has certainly improved over the last few years, but he is a great example of guys padding their records. I haven't followed his career that closely, but i know there are quite a few cans and generous decisions in him getting to 45-0-1

'Ilov80s said:
'TLEF316 said:
Not sold on Chavez Jr. at all, and is the reason why boxing has gone straight downhill. The guy has certainly improved over the last few years, but he is a great example of guys padding their records. I haven't followed his career that closely, but i know there are quite a few cans and generous decisions in him getting to 45-0-1
He has only facsd 2 or 3 real legit guys, but he won those fights in clear fashion and improved every time. Look back at guys like JCC Sr and Sugar Ray padded their records against plenty of bums, that is just part of developing a fighter.

Forbes just named Floyd the highest paid athlete of the year. Also, HBO announced a 2 part 24/7 for Chavez Jr. vs Martinez

Someone tweeted (I can't remember who) that Chavez Jr was actually down 58-56 on all 3 judges' cards at the time he TKO'd Lee in the 7th.

Someone tweeted (I can't remember who) that Chavez Jr was actually down 58-56 on all 3 judges' cards at the time he TKO'd Lee in the 7th.
I had money on Lee at the Monte Carlo and didn't think Lee was up. He took the early rounds, but was fading fast. He tried to brawl with JCC Jr which was a dumb plan.

Cracking fight tonight on Showtime. Matthyse vs Soto has FoTY potential. Also, we have the return of Victor Ortiz.

2 balls out slugfests, best night of fights this year. Hopefully you guys have or catch the show.
Ive been saying to my friends for awhile now that i dont understand how Ortiz has never had his jaw broken . Everytime he throws a punch he yells and he has his mouth wide open. That stupid habit finally caught up to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 balls out slugfests, best night of fights this year. Hopefully you guys have or catch the show.
Ive been saying to my friends for awhile now that i dont understand how Ortiz has never had his jaw broken . Everytime he throws a punch he yells and he has his mouth wide open. That stupid habit finally caught up to him.
Keen observation. I think Ortiz wouldn't have lasted with Canelo, just too much size and strength with Alvarez. I honestly have no idea where Ortiz can go from here. Nothing ever is normal with his fights, but save for the Floyd fight, Ortiz's fights always are a blast. I hope he comes back, maybe avenge his loss to Maidana?

Keen observation. I think Ortiz wouldn't have lasted with Canelo, just too much size and strength with Alvarez. I honestly have no idea where Ortiz can go from here. Nothing ever is normal with his fights, but save for the Floyd fight, Ortiz's fights always are a blast. I hope he comes back, maybe avenge his loss to Maidana?
He`ll always be an atraction no matter if he ever wins a belt or not. He`s an action fighter and as you said,his fights are always a blast.People will always pay to watch him toe the line.

He`ll always be an atraction no matter if he ever wins a belt or not. He`s an action fighter and as you said,his fights are always a blast.People will always pay to watch him toe the line.
He has to start winning soon, he only has 1 win in his last 4 fights.

ESPN FNF, Russian Provodnikov fighting tonight, he is a pretty entertaining action fighter. There's nothing else on TV tonight.

Tomorrow, Showtime has a really good triple header.

3 solid fights on Showtime time now, worth checking out
I dont understand how Perez has gotten away with his style for as long as he has. He fights straight up, no head movement at all. I knew he was done after the first 2 minutes. All his opponant had to do was follow the straight line from parez`s feet to his jaw and punch at that line.

I dont understand how Perez has gotten away with his style for as long as he has. He fights straight up, no head movement at all. I knew he was done after the first 2 minutes. All his opponant had to do was follow the straight line from parez`s feet to his jaw and punch at that line.
He had no chance against Russell. My featherweight dream fight us Russell vs Mikey Garcia. What did you think of Lara?

He had no chance against Russell. My featherweight dream fight us Russell vs Mikey Garcia. What did you think of Lara?
Was that the first fight? i missed that one, i`ll just watch the replay later. The spinks fight was U-G-L-Y. No chemistry between those 2...stylewise it was all wrong .

Was that the first fight? i missed that one, i`ll just watch the replay later. The spinks fight was U-G-L-Y. No chemistry between those 2...stylewise it was all wrong .
It was first, not much to see. Lara bloodied him and thoroughly outclassed his opponent. However, Lara fought pretty dirty. He would give any Jr MW trouble though as he has mixes a lot of skill and a few dirty tricks well.Spinks fight was ugly, but entertaining. K9 should have earned a big fight tonight. He was memorable in stopping Spinks, but looked sloppy enough that Canelo, Martinez or JCC Jr might see him as an easy win.

Javier Fortuna.fighting ESPN tonight, he is a really talented young kid who could have a bright future.

Users who are viewing this thread