What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Javier Fortuna.fighting ESPN tonight, he is a really talented young kid who could have a bright future.
Noticed this was on tonight but didnt recognize either fighter by name, but may check it out based on the recommendation hombre
I definitely want to see more of Fortuna, nice power/speed combo and he isn't afraid to let his hands go.
He swings wild and for the fences, reminds me of a southpaw version of Azumah Nelson

So who are these guys Donaire and Pavlik are fighting tonight? Their records are decent, but Ive never heard of them. The DirecTV info says the guy Pavlik is fighting is 16-1 with 19 KOs. Impressive :lmao:

So who are these guys Donaire and Pavlik are fighting tonight? Their records are decent, but Ive never heard of them. The DirecTV info says the guy Pavlik is fighting is 16-1 with 19 KOs. Impressive :lmao:
Donaire is taking a step up in size. Donaire is tall for is weight division but his opponent is 3 or 4 inches taller. it will be interesting to see how he does against a larger opponent . As for Pavlik, I have never seen his opponent fight, but it sounds like this guy is no pushover .

Donaire is taking a step up in size. Donaire is tall for is weight division but his opponent is 3 or 4 inches taller. it will be interesting to see how he does against a larger opponent . As for Pavlik, I have never seen his opponent fight, but it sounds like this guy is no pushover .
If he has 3 more KO's than wins, he must be pretty wicked.

Donaire didn't look too impressive last week. As I have posted here before, I wonder how much his greatness has stemmed from him being so much larger than his opponents. I am not 100% sold on Donaire right now. I need to see him get pushed and see how he responds.

whi

Tonight, Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia on HBO. If Khan wins (which he should), look for him to press for fight with Floyd. As much Khan should win, he is vulnerable, which makes his fights interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why they have the fights. Khan's career is a mess right now. Since that Pac-Bradley debacle, this has been the best run if boxing in years. All the televised fights have been fun, action fights.

That's why they have the fights. Khan's career is a mess right now. Since that Pac-Bradley debacle, this has been the best run if boxing in years. All the televised fights have been fun, action fights.
:goodposting: just watched this fight. im quite shocked. But your right, thats why they fight. Khan was done after that first knockdown though.

When did the khan fight actually happen? Just rather it this morning. Very entertaining fight. Khan was so quick the first two rounds. Then he started getting beaten up pretty good.

How much of a favorite was khan?
I saw anywhere between 5-1 to 8-1 favorite.
He looked really good until the knockdown. If the third round had been thirty seconds longer it would have been over then. I thought the ref did a good job because I thought it could have been stopped a lot sooner. Khan looked like he was going off compete muscle memory after he got back up. Does this mean we start taking Garcia seriously?

He looked really good until the knockdown. If the third round had been thirty seconds longer it would have been over then. I thought the ref did a good job because I thought it could have been stopped a lot sooner. Khan looked like he was going off compete muscle memory after he got back up. Does this mean we start taking Garcia seriously?
Khan has a bad chin, but seems to be on a never-ending mission to prove otherwise. in doing so, he plays against his own strengths. As for Garcia, he is steady, smart and focused but doesn't have any physical attributes that impressive. He is the opposite of Khan. I would love to see Garcia vs Bradley. Two legit American fighters right there.

Khan has a bad chin, but seems to be on a never-ending mission to prove otherwise. in doing so, he plays against his own strengths. As for Garcia, he is steady, smart and focused but doesn't have any physical attributes that impressive. He is the opposite of Khan. I would love to see Garcia vs Bradley. Two legit American fighters right there.
weak chin aside , khan showed tremendous heart

Khan is so fast that he needs to study Money on winning technically without much violence taking place. He doesn't hit hard but is a really good boxer. Needs to learn how to not get hit.

weak chin aside , khan showed tremendous heart
He always does. No doubting he is a warrior, too much for his own good.

Khan is so fast that he needs to study Money on winning technically without much violence taking place. He doesn't hit hard but is a really good boxer. Needs to learn how to not get hit.
Roger Mayweather has shown interest in Khan. He should leave Roach. He improved under him, but over his last 4 fights, I don't see any growth.

10 on HBO, Adrien Broner is fighting. He was 10 lbs overweight, but they worked it out and the fight is a go.

Boxing returns with some big fights, starting today on HBO at 9:45 with a triple header featuring Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson and Vitali Klitschko. That will be followed by the 2nd installment of 24/7 Martinez vs Chavez Jr.

9/15 HBO PPV will have Sergio Martinez vs Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. Showtime will be airing Saul Alvarez vs Josesito Lopez.

Boxing returns with some big fights, starting today on HBO at 9:45 with a triple header featuring Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson and Vitali Klitschko. That will be followed by the 2nd installment of 24/7 Martinez vs Chavez Jr.9/15 HBO PPV will have Sergio Martinez vs Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. Showtime will be airing Saul Alvarez vs Josesito Lopez.
I`ll be rooting for Ward big time, cant stand Dawson :yucky:

Boxing returns with some big fights, starting today on HBO at 9:45 with a triple header featuring Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson and Vitali Klitschko. That will be followed by the 2nd installment of 24/7 Martinez vs Chavez Jr.9/15 HBO PPV will have Sergio Martinez vs Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. Showtime will be airing Saul Alvarez vs Josesito Lopez.
I think KennyPowers is a big fan of Chad. I find both guys kind if boring. I just hope it isn't a snoozefest and that the ref doesn't let Ward do too much wrestling.

:clap: YESSSSSSS....what a beautiful beat down...loved the final combo that ended the fight

HUGE boxing weekend, maybe the biggest in years. Supposedly both fights are sold out including 18k for JCC Jr and Sergio

If you judge fights by weigh in, then Martinez is going to roll. He is way more confident, looks healthier and surprisingly weighed in heavier.

If you judge fights by weigh in, then Martinez is going to roll. He is way more confident, looks healthier and surprisingly weighed in heavier.
looking forward to chavez jr. getting his ### handed to him. Martinez should dominate the fight

This Alvarez/Lopez fight is awesome.

Lopez has been knocked down 3 times in 5 rounds, but in the ...

Nevermind. Its over. TKO for Alvarez in the 5th.

Martinez is so composed and poised, Chavez looks like he's scrambling to find anything to get on him. Martinez is just on another level.

Martinez is so composed and poised, Chavez looks like he's scrambling to find anything to get on him. Martinez is just on another level.
only thing left to see in this one is if Chavez Jr. has the heart to go the distance or not
Great final round. Give Chavez some credit, I've always thought he was soft, but he hung around til the very end.
:loco: thought Chavez Jr. was going to cost me a bunch of money in that last round. great strategy, stand around for 11, and go after him in the 12th. but yeah, i'll give him some credit there, looked good in that 12th

They are already talking rematch at Cowboy Stadium. On one hand Martinez dominated the fight. However, if Jr fights a better fight with more confidence, it could be intriguing.

The Maidanv Soto Karrass fight was the most entertaining of the night. Best night for boxing in years.

The alvarez / Lopez fight was awesome...alvarez looked insanely effective and lopez showed so much heart...alvarez was the definition of a perfect fighter tonight..his punching power and combination`s with speed and accuracy were a sight to behold.

Martinez needs to learn to put his macho aside and hold if hes in trouble...that could have been a catastrophe for him.

I saw on Twitter that Sergio broke his left hand in the fight, as well as tore something in his knee. He went to the hospital after. At 37, I am not sure how many more fights he has left.

Users who are viewing this thread