What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Spence/Crawford still a tough call for me, size advantage not as pronounced in that one.

Spence is a helluva boxer. Nevermind the power (which is hellacious), but the guy just doesn't put many punches wrong. He's extremely responsible defensively, he sets up well with the jab and varies his attack, and his defensive anticipation is really good. He looks good inside, he makes excellent adjustments, etc. etc. It's a joy to watch him fight. That and the size advantage, Mikey was just up against a wall.

I didn’t see any special power in Spence last night. Mikey took his best shots without flinching.
True but Mikey is a beast.  He also did a decent job rolling a lot of those punches.  He did say he is going back down to 140 so i think he recognized the power.

but no doubt folks are gonna say “he didn’t put down a lightweight so he’s not strong” 

True but Mikey is a beast.  He also did a decent job rolling a lot of those punches.  He did say he is going back down to 140 so i think he recognized the power.

but no doubt folks are gonna say “he didn’t put down a lightweight so he’s not strong” 
It raises some questions for me about how much power Spence will have when he inevitably moves up 

I can see that but I think Crawford is more versatile and creative. It would make a great fight.
It certainly would, and it's far from a sure thing.  But other than being more battle-tested (at lighter weights), there's not much Crawford brings that Spence doesn't match or exceed.  Speed, power, stamina, technique, strategy.  Spence's chin hasn't been truly tested so there's that possibly.

I didn’t see any special power in Spence last night. Mikey took his best shots without flinching.
Credit to Mikey's Chuvalo-like chin but he was beaten up.

Spence/Paq in July seems like the next fight. Bigger payday for Spence and a HOF scalp but I don't see Manny as much of a threat at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credit to Mikey's Chuvalo-like chin but he was beaten up.

Spence/Paq in July seems like the next fight. Bigger payday for Spence and a HOF scalp but I don't see Manny as much of a threat at this point.
Mikey too a ton of punches but he was never hurt or deterred. Mikey was just too short/small to be able fight back. Spence was almost always out of reach. I’m a huge Spence fan and think he cruises through Manny as well. I’m just saying the win over Mikey wasn’t impressive. It wasn’t unimpressive either. 

Happy Loma week. Already told the GF she needs to find something to do Friday.
Wish it was someone better than Crolla, unfortunately there aren't a lot of natural opponents for Lomachenko at this point. Arum's gonna play it safe and not throw Teofimo in there.

Wish it was someone better than Crolla, unfortunately there aren't a lot of natural opponents for Lomachenko at this point. Arum's gonna play it safe and not throw Teofimo in there.
You're correct about him not having much in the way of opponents.

Teofimo would be interesting but he has a lot of big money fights ahead of him as he keeps piling up these highlight KOs.

I think Loma's next fight will be critical to see where he goes.

You're correct about him not having much in the way of opponents.

Teofimo would be interesting but he has a lot of big money fights ahead of him as he keeps piling up these highlight KOs.

I think Loma's next fight will be critical to see where he goes.
Lopez is supposedly going to move up to 140 next year, and that'll close the window on a fight, as Lomachenko's already smallish for 135 and is unlikely to ever go up any further. My guess is that even though a fight would possibly elevate both (Canelo's loss to Floyd ultimately didn't harm his career), Arum's not going to let them fight.

Tonight features the biggest women's fight in history.  Undefeated American Clarissa Shields vs undefeated German Cristina Hammer with the winner becoming the first undisputed Women's World Middleweight Champion.  Showtime

Keith R said:
Tonight features the biggest women's fight in history.  Undefeated American Clarissa Shields vs undefeated German Cristina Hammer with the winner becoming the first undisputed Women's World Middleweight Champion.  Showtime
Looking forward to this.  They have an all access for it as well.

also munguia is fighting tonight on DAZN.

next week Khan Crawford.  Giggity.

Great performance by Shields, really surprised Hammer couldn't adapt and find a way to keep Shields from coming inside (other than by holding).

Sure and so were the previous models but I am not opposed to paying for things....this is just ridiculous though
Also, even if you can find free methods of watching fights, such a split-up marketplace means great fights aren't being made.  I'm with you

Also, even if you can find free methods of watching fights, such a split-up marketplace means great fights aren't being made.  I'm with you
Agree, that part's always been an issue. One can only hope that the money becomes so attractive at some point that people are willing to cross lines to make it happen. But from the PBC's perspective, is a Spence/Crawford fight more profitable than a Spence/Porter one?

Agree, that part's always been an issue. One can only hope that the money becomes so attractive at some point that people are willing to cross lines to make it happen. But from the PBC's perspective, is a Spence/Crawford fight more profitable than a Spence/Porter one?
And now the pie is split three ways- PBC, DAZN & Top Rank.  

How are others feeling about Crawford-Khan as a PPV ME?  I would certainly watch if on a regular channel, might finally pull the trigger on ESPN+ if it was on that, but I'm not planning on ordering this.  I've always liked Khan as well as Crawford but this is not a PPV-worthy fight for me.  A stronger undercard could have made it more of a debate IMO.

How are others feeling about Crawford-Khan as a PPV ME?  I would certainly watch if on a regular channel, might finally pull the trigger on ESPN+ if it was on that, but I'm not planning on ordering this.  I've always liked Khan as well as Crawford but this is not a PPV-worthy fight for me.  A stronger undercard could have made it more of a debate IMO.
agree 100%.  Kahn has failed in all his big fights.  Good fighter with a glass jaw.  IMO

Won't be paying for this one.  Good luck to both though.  My hat is off to anyone who enters the ring.

Tickets to the fight are basically the same price as the ppv.  And there are still tons of tickets left.  Im going to the fight so looking forward to it but ppv is tough.  The undercard isnt bad however.  Lopez and stevenson.

Tickets to the fight are basically the same price as the ppv.  And there are still tons of tickets left.  Im going to the fight so looking forward to it but ppv is tough.  The undercard isnt bad however.  Lopez and stevenson.
Yeah, going to the fight is a different question altogether, though not an option for me.

Good talent on the undercard but not expecting them to be challenged.  Say what you will about Don King but he put together amazing undercards.

Stevenson and Teofimo have good matchups for where they are in their career, Bob's moving them both pretty aggressively. Lopez looks like he's going to run out of viable non-Lomachenko opponents very soon.

Heard kell brook will be in attendance to challenge the winner.  😂

wonder if Spence will show up just because.

also I’m surprised Stevenson is fighting after his incident.

Heard kell brook will be in attendance to challenge the winner.  😂

wonder if Spence will show up just because.

also I’m surprised Stevenson is fighting after his incident.
Dan Rafael made exactly zero mention of the Shakur Stevenson tape. Kinda lets you know which way the wind's blowing on that one.

I think the undercard is the strength of the ppv. 

With that being said it's 4/20 tomorrow and I'm going to have to watch some boxing high as a kite. That sounds pretty damn amazing to me.

I think the undercard is the strength of the ppv. 

With that being said it's 4/20 tomorrow and I'm going to have to watch some boxing high as a kite. That sounds pretty damn amazing to me.
I'd watch Bud fight that little baby Japanese kickboxer or Claressa Shields or a heavy bag, it doesn't matter. Guy's an artist.

I like Bud a lot and I bought his PPV vs Postol bc I thought Postol had a real chance to win.  Khan I don't see as having anything more than a prayer.

Im a Khan fan and i think the first half of the fight should be very interesting and a great fight.  Worth watching.  However, i dont have confidence that Khan wont expose his chin at some point and Bud is patient and very smart.  But Khan does have a chance.  Just has to be perfect for 12 rounds which we havent really seen in these big fights.  im looking forward to this fight. 

Users who are viewing this thread