What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I didn't see it but why was it a TKO and not a technical decision?  If Khan had gone low and Crawford couldn't continue, no way does Khan get a TKO victory.

I didn't see it but why was it a TKO and not a technical decision?  If Khan had gone low and Crawford couldn't continue, no way does Khan get a TKO victory.
Khan said he couldn’t continue and basically threw in the towel.  Didn’t take 5 mins either.  The sequence was odd.  But essentially khan quit.

It won't happen - but it would be nice if Khan ran smack about the only way Crawford could beat him was by cheating - setting up a rematch.  Khan wants no part of that obviously because Crawford would finish him even quicker.  Freaking quitter.

It'll be interesting if any sub numbers leak out from DAZN for this week/weekend, as it's Canelo's first legit fight on DAZN. I'm not counting Fielding, really.

From last weekend, 1) Regis Prograis is the real mother####ing deal, 2) Nonito blasted out a journeyman/very late replacement with a vintage left hook, 3) The Rungvisai/Estrada rematch was really good, but SSR fought orthodox for 9 rounds? Once he switched in the 10th he looked like his normal mauling self, but by then Gallo had racked up enough rounds to get the win. Weird stuff. Hopefully there's a rubber match.

It'll be interesting if any sub numbers leak out from DAZN for this week/weekend, as it's Canelo's first legit fight on DAZN. I'm not counting Fielding, really.
Expected to generate upward of 1 million new subscribers.  Link

Would LOVE to see Canelo get smashed especially on cinco de mayo weekend.  That being said, Jacobs will never win a decision (with boxing politics as they are currently). Likely see a close decision (of course) in Canelo's favour.

This got me to finally get DAZN.

Expecting a good one tonight. 😎
Agree.  looking forward to it.  I just can't see Jacobs winning a decision, the judges won't allow that.  So unless he KO's Canelo he doesn't have a path to victory.

The 1st Canelo/GG fight showed that.  

Agree.  looking forward to it.  I just can't see Jacobs winning a decision, the judges won't allow that.  So unless he KO's Canelo he doesn't have a path to victory.

The 1st Canelo/GG fight showed that.  
He can frustrate him with his length and cause some problems, but ultimately I think Canelo gets his hand raised.

agreed.  Def worth it.  for the price of basically one PPV. 

Also, if you didnt hear, Jacobs spit on the dehydration clause and came in at 173 lbs.  Having to pay $100k.  Sounds worth it to me.  Hes coming for war.  i like that. 

But still i see Canelo UD. 

agreed.  Def worth it.  for the price of basically one PPV. 

Also, if you didnt hear, Jacobs spit on the dehydration clause and came in at 173 lbs.  Having to pay $100k.  Sounds worth it to me.  Hes coming for war.  i like that. 

But still i see Canelo UD. 
I saw that.  I thought it was a quarter mil per pound, leading to a million dollar penalty.

I'm going upset, sort of.  I predict the fight will go the distance and that Jacobs will deserve the decision.

I saw that.  I thought it was a quarter mil per pound, leading to a million dollar penalty.

I'm going upset, sort of.  I predict the fight will go the distance and that Jacobs will deserve the decision.
It's possible. I bet heavily on Canelo early, but if I thought he wasn't getting "insurance", I would've been much less likely to lay -270.

Me too but after reading a bit apparently they had negotiated it down.   Actually sorry its $100k per pound or 300k total.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sMfke5r79U&feature=youtu.be&t=115

Jacobs also said in this interview that they "negotiated it down to $100,000" meaning that they pretty much planned to do it all along. The amount of money wouldn't have mattered if they didn't plan to go over it. If they planned to be 169-170 the morning of the fight then whether it was $1,000,000 per lb or $2 per lb it wouldn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
you know there was a card in the last few months where the main event started at like 10ish.  It was a big fight too.  I wish they all did that.  Im old.  I cant stay up this late all the time.  :shrug:  
Start the undercards so that the main event is 9 pm central at the latest. 

Sometimes fight cards start at 5pm pt.  I would guess this one didnt so the ME wouldnt go up against the end of the Warriors game.

Last edited by a moderator:
115-113 sounds about right.  If danny fought the first half like the second half he could have many won it.  Canelo was too slippery tho.

i actually scored it 6-6 but canelo won his rounds more convincingly.  And there were a few rounds that were super close.  116-112 wasnt far fectched imo.  Id like to see jacobs andrade and then canelo GGG. 

i actually scored it 6-6 but canelo won his rounds more convincingly.  And there were a few rounds that were super close.  116-112 wasnt far fectched imo.  Id like to see jacobs andrade and then canelo GGG. 
Had it the same, but there were like 5 really close rounds and I think I edged them to Jacobs 3-2. Lot of skill in the ring, but it never really caught fire and turned into a war.

I had it 116-112 Canelo.  I came away most impressed with his defense, specifically his head and waist movement in evading punches.  Ready for Canelo-GGG 3.  Maybe he can actually earn a win now.

I had it 116-112 Canelo.  I came away most impressed with his defense, specifically his head and waist movement in evading punches.  Ready for Canelo-GGG 3.  Maybe he can actually earn a win now.
You can't jab Canelo, his head movement is just too good, he'll slip and counter you all day. Jacobs did a lot better when he followed his jab in and got inside on him. I have a feeling Jacobs/Andrade is in our near future.

You can't jab Canelo, his head movement is just too good, he'll slip and counter you all day. Jacobs did a lot better when he followed his jab in and got inside on him. I have a feeling Jacobs/Andrade is in our near future.
Andrade was making it sound like he won't fight his friend Jacods unless it was the only way to unify the division.  Same reason we never got Frazier-Norton decades ago

Andrade was making it sound like he won't fight his friend Jacods unless it was the only way to unify the division.  Same reason we never got Frazier-Norton decades ago
Well, Jacobs now sounds like he's moving up to 168, so that might be out. Andrade's got another fight scheduled now, so I'm not sure who it'd be if it wasn't Golovkin. Maybe a Jose Cotto rematch?

I would take Andrade-Charlo easily.  Hope Charlo can get a quality opponent at 160 soon, given the political divide and Andrade may make the most sense.

I would take Andrade-Charlo easily.  Hope Charlo can get a quality opponent at 160 soon, given the political divide and Andrade may make the most sense.
Haymon is unlikely to sign off on this. PBC fighters won't cross platforms unless they're getting a decent payday to get killed by a much more established fighter, e.g. Ruiz for AJ.

Users who are viewing this thread