What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (4 Viewers)

KD was the difference id say too but 2 of them had it 116-111 which is crazy... first 2 rds are split, spence wins 11th with kd, he won 12th...but i thought porter won every rd 3-10, which is crazy but he controlled the ring.for dang near the whole fight

Porter really impressed me.  I knew he would make things awkward and uncomfortable  but man did he.  I’m also impressed with Spence and how he handled that.  

such a hard fight to score so i wasn’t too shocked to see that porter card be so wide.  Spence did walk through most of porters best shots tho.

Excellent fight.  As mentioned above, the two Spence cards were too-wide (this was a 2, maybe 3 point fight but a 5 point margin !) with the late knockdown swinging the balance to Spence.

Even though Porter lost, he " won " in most eyes.

Spence is calling out Paq (obviously, the biggest money fight for him in the division). But would love to see a Spence/Crawford fight in 2020.

I had it 116-111. High and sober. 

You guys can DM me any fight night UFC or boxing and I'll share my link. Sometimes I just get a little smokey and forget to check FBGs. 

GGG was really not defensively responsible. Just looked a bit sluggish while the other guy danced around him in the middle of this thing.

Solid fight though.

He looked really tired in his ring walk and almost missed weight.  Was he sick?  Or did he get really old overnight.  this was not a good look. 

having never driven one of those i can only imagine the pull to drive really fast in it. and isn't the steering... touchy.... or sensitive? like if you're driving fast and make a subtle move it's easy to lose control?

No broken bones, a few lacerations. Stable and expected to make full recovery.

Holy smokes what luck.

I feel like they’ve had a few decent fights recently. Not watching now because soccer. Who’s fighting?
1st ever Light Heavyweight Unification Fight with 2 unbeaten fighters: Beterbiev vs Gvozdyk. Basically these guys only win by KO. Something like 23 of their combined 24 pro fights have ended in KO.

If ever their is a support that should be allowed review, it is boxing. Just let the ref look at knockdown calls between rounds. 

No way this gets out of the 10th, right?

eta: fun fight from what I’ve seen. Beterbiev wants that KO though

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Gvozdyk with low confidence, as I thought he'd be able to maneuver around Beterbiev and keep him occupied, Beterbiev isn't a guy who likes to counter-punch. But Beterbiev's power is unreal, and he's a clever boxer.

Canelo/Kovalev this Saturday.

Few years ago, Kovalev wins this easy, now a prime Canelo (who is already a light heavy by most fight nights) wins this by late-ish stoppage over the now declining Kovalev..

Canelo/Kovalev this Saturday.

Few years ago, Kovalev wins this easy, now a prime Canelo (who is already a light heavy by most fight nights) wins this by late-ish stoppage over the now declining Kovalev..
you know initially thats what i was thinking.  Stoppage by body blow.  But i think its closer than we think.  Kovalev still has some juice.  I dont think Canelo can hurt Kovalev.  Will his power really transfer up 2 weight divisions?  Enough to hurt him even in the body?  Not sure.

On the other hand, can Kovalev land on Canelo?  His defense is pretty strong and hes very hard to hit. 

I think its going to be a good fight.  Canelo probably wins.  Im thinking UD. 

Perfect timing, the UFC PPV just ended.
your on a delay.  it ended a bit ago.  they were waiting for it to end.  Im not certain what sort of deal they worked out to do that.  Seems like a bad idea to make your main event fighters wait over an  hour 30mins.

Users who are viewing this thread