Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Kenny Powers

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** Wilder vs Fury II

52 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Canelo is a legend

I definitely did not expect that ending.  Canelo has to take that #1 spot right?

id like him to fight callum smith next.  Or stay in that division.  :popcorn:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

I definitely did not expect that ending.  Canelo has to take that #1 spot right?

id like him to fight callum smith next.  Or stay in that division.  :popcorn:

Good fight, although Kovalov's jaw has been shot for a few years.   Canelo not a busy fighter.  That bugs me.  Dazn is $20 a month -cancel anytime.  They do have some good cards coming up. 

smdh Tank needs to stop hanging with Broner before he throws it all away.

Sources: Adrien Broner and Gervonta Davis got into a fistfight outside of Canelo’s locker room before the fight. Broner hit Davis with a huge punch, per witnesses, and then hit Davis’s pr guy with a haymaker.

— Chris Mannix (@SIChrisMannix) November 3, 2019

3 hours ago, irishidiot said:

Good fight, although Kovalov's jaw has been shot for a few years.   Canelo not a busy fighter.  That bugs me.  Dazn is $20 a month -cancel anytime.  They do have some good cards coming up. 

Psyched for Inoue/Donaire this week. Last night was a disaster for DAZN in terms of how they handled it, but for a boxing nerd that watches a lot of cards, $100 for a year's a good deal for all of the Matchroom, Golden Boy, and WBSS fights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Psyched for Inoue/Donaire this week. Last night was a disaster for DAZN in terms of how they handled it, but for a boxing nerd that watches a lot of cards, $100 for a year's a good deal for all of the Matchroom, Golden Boy, and WBSS fights.

Weird that Inoue-Doniare is on a Thursday but I will definitely be watching.  

5 minutes ago, Keith R said:

i am glad you said this.  I was thinking it was on the weekend. 

2 hours ago, Keith R said:

Japanese people work 7 days a week so there's no real weekend I guess.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:08 PM, PinkydaPimp said:

i am glad you said this.  I was thinking it was on the weekend. 

Inoue-Donaire is on at 5:15 a.m. ET tomorrow to be precise.

I'll watch it tomorrow after work, abstaining from social media and sports sites during the day.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:07 AM, Keith R said:

Inoue-Donaire is on at 5:15 a.m. ET tomorrow to be precise.

I'll watch it tomorrow after work, abstaining from social media and sports sites during the day.

Two mother####ing warriors, man.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Two mother####ing warriors, man.

Much more competitive than I anticipated.  A true legend and a legend in the making

Wilder vrs. Ortiz heavyweights.  looking forward to it.  Hats off to Wilder----he fights everyone.  Their first fight was really good.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:57 AM, irishidiot said:

Wilder vrs. Ortiz heavyweights.  looking forward to it.  Hats off to Wilder----he fights everyone.  Their first fight was really good.

I have been hyped for this for a while.  The 1st fight was 2018's fight of the year imo.  This time, Wilder won't start slow but Ortiz is uncharacteristically ripped.  Hard to pick against Wilder (and I won't) but it will be explosive.  

The card has begun.  Ring walk for the main event is 4pm EST. 

Apparently Ruiz weighed in at 285!!!!  wow!  Thats bananas. 

3 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

The card has begun.  Ring walk for the main event is 4pm EST. 

Apparently Ruiz weighed in at 285!!!!  wow!  Thats bananas. 

Fight starting in about 5 minutes.  How did Ruiz come in 15lbs heavier, WTF.  

I was on the fence but think Joshua will win now.  

2 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Fight starting in about 5 minutes.  How did Ruiz come in 15lbs heavier, WTF.  

I was on the fence but think Joshua will win now.  

15 lbs in like 8 hours apparently.  He wasnt even cutting weight so its not like it was water weight.  lmao the #### did he eat. 

I was leaning ruiz but now i think Joshua.  thats alot of weight. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

15 lbs in like 8 hours apparently.  He wasnt even cutting weight so its not like it was water weight.  lmao the #### did he eat. 

I was leaning ruiz but now i think Joshua.  thats alot of weight. 

Ruiz is sooo much bigger.  Now that i think about it.  I bet he was much much bigger and had to cut weight.  smdh

I’ll admit I’m a little disappointed.  I expected Ruiz to be prepared and he wasn’t.  Easy win for AJ.  Props to him for bouncing back.

looks like they will do a third since he has to wait for wilder fury anyway.  Might as well.

and now the wonder of those two are much bigger fights as a result of waiting!

id like to see Ruiz vs Ortiz after.  Or if aj decides against the trilogy i would love to see AJ and Ortiz.

• Like 1

Great tripleheader on ESPN right now

2 for 2 on good fights here so far. Lopez threw some bombs tonight and took a title- should be a rematch soon IMO. 

14 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

2 for 2 on good fights here so far. Lopez threw some bombs tonight and took a title- should be a rematch soon IMO. 

No point if Lopez loses to Lomachenko. 

18 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

No point if Lopez loses to Lomachenko. 

I don’t think Loma is going to fight him 

That’s what’s so great about the sweet science. It only takes one punch and somebody always has a punchers chance.

F you announcer guy. Kavaliaskas Is not in this fight because of some one punch luck.

Lithuanian dude was game but Bud Crawford is too much

2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

Lithuanian dude was game but Bud Crawford is too much

yup.  Props for him actually going after it instead of fighting not to get KOd. 

• Like 1

Terrific fight.   I love watching two fighters that aren't afraid to mix it up.  Can't recall the last time I saw Crawford shaken up like that.  Lithuanian kid gave him a match.

1 hour ago, TripItUp said:

Terrific fight.   I love watching two fighters that aren't afraid to mix it up.  Can't recall the last time I saw Crawford shaken up like that.  Lithuanian kid gave him a match.

Not since Gamboa clipped him. EK is better than people give him credit for, Crawford seemed a little harried tonight, but still too good.

Close fight for 4-ish rounds before the tide turned for Crawford.

At 32 years old, Crawford better start fighting other top guys in the division (Spence, Porter etc...) or he will end up dying on the vine so to speak. I know the current politics of boxing do exactly allow this to happen easily but still. 

Im growing concerned about Spence.  I have yet to see him out in public.  He hasnt shown himself on IG.  Im wondering if he is more injured than we know.  I find it hard to believe we will see Spence Crawford in 2020.

Which means Crawford needs to fight some of the others.  Id like to see him and porter or thurman for starters.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Im growing concerned about Spence.  I have yet to see him out in public.  He hasnt shown himself on IG.  Im wondering if he is more injured than we know.  I find it hard to believe we will see Spence Crawford in 2020.

Which means Crawford needs to fight some of the others.  Id like to see him and porter or thurman for starters.

Almost zero chance we see Spence/Crawford in 2020 as things stand now. Even if Spence comes back in early 202 (big if, so far), he will want a tune-up fight making a Fall 2020 fight with Crawford highly doubtful.

Dan Rafael from espn floated an idea about Crawford fighting junior middleweight Patrick Teixeira.

Link

10 minutes ago, brianj74 said:

Almost zero chance we see Spence/Crawford in 2020 as things stand now. Even if Spence comes back in early 202 (big if, so far), he will want a tune-up fight making a Fall 2020 fight with Crawford highly doubtful.

Dan Rafael from espn floated an idea about Crawford fighting junior middleweight Patrick Teixeira.

Link

I saw something yesterday where they are trying to get porter and crawford to happen.  That would be a great fight.

My year-end awards

Knockout of the Year- Deontay Wilder KO1 Dominic Breazeale.  As is the norm for him, Wilder just iced the loud talking Breazeale with a basic 1-2.  Be careful when trash talking the world's most dangerous man.

Round of the Year- Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz I Round 3.  It seemed as though things were going according to plan, with the heavy favorite Joshua warming up, and then dropping the overweight Ruiz.  And then everything changed.  As Joshua went in to finish, Ruiz's speedy countershot dropped the Englishman seemingly out of nowhere.  Joshua got up but was not the same.  A barrage by Ruiz dropped the champ again.  Joshua bravely got up a second time to end arguably the most tumultuous round of the decade.

Fight of the Year- Andy Ruiz KO 7 Anthony Joshua.  Ruiz's performance in the rematch should not overshadow the Rocky story this fight became, as his rise from the canvas to toppling the highly heralded Briton was unreal to watch in real time.  The third round was the highlight but drama was high after that all the way to the end.

Fighter of the Year- Naoya Inoue.  Once again a WBSS winner gets this nod.  In doing so, Inoue obliterated the previously undefeated Emmanuel Rodriguez in a mere two rounds, then faced the resurgent and legendary Nonito Doniare in a fight that finally put Inoue's heart, chin, and will into question and he passed those tests with flying colors.  For Inoue to achieve such success against Donaire in and of itself is exemplary.  For him to have done so after suffering a broken orbital bone in the second round is practically unfathomable.

I don't know if anyone's watching PBC on Fox tonight, but this Perrella guy just came out wearing half a suit (the top half, wearing boxing trunks underneath).  Never seen that before.

41 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

I don't know if anyone's watching PBC on Fox tonight, but this Perrella guy just came out wearing half a suit (the top half, wearing boxing trunks underneath).  Never seen that before.

My goodness what an ending.  Perrella was up big all fight, Ramos knocks him down in the 10th with seconds on the clock.  Perrella gets up and immediately knocked down again.  Ref tells him "walk over there and come back to me"....Perrella walks over there, and turns and stands there.  Ref stops it with 3 seconds on the clock in the 10th, Ramos wins.

7 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

My goodness what an ending.  Perrella was up big all fight, Ramos knocks him down in the 10th with seconds on the clock.  Perrella gets up and immediately knocked down again.  Ref tells him "walk over there and come back to me"....Perrella walks over there, and turns and stands there.  Ref stops it with 3 seconds on the clock in the 10th, Ramos wins.

SHocking, a pro boxing fight was rigged.

2 minutes ago, facook said:

SHocking, a pro boxing fight was rigged.

You know, that was my first thought, but this dude was literally 1 second (not 3, I was wrong) away from a clear win on the cards.  That's one hell of a fix, if it's a fix.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

You know, that was my first thought, but this dude was literally 1 second (not 3, I was wrong) away from a clear win on the cards.  That's one hell of a fix, if it's a fix.

It is.  Ask Judge, he knows.

1 minute ago, facook said:

It is.  Ask Judge, he knows.

:shrug: I'll play along with the kayfabe with an ending like this with two fighters I've never heard of.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Steve Tasker said:

:shrug: I'll play along with the kayfabe with an ending like this with two fighters I've never heard of.

Seems like a pretty ridiculous way to rig a fight. The guy looked out of it and was clearly not right. Even when the ref was talking with him and the trainer in the corner, the corner was livid and the fighter was just blankly staring at the ground. It's not the refs job to strategize for the fighter and determine of there is enough time for left for the fighter to avoid more punches. 

Wilder/Fury II this weekend.

The first fight was close, no reason to think this will be any different. Fury won the bulk of the rounds last time but Wilder had Fury down twice.

I'll take Wilder in another close fight this time.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 8:50 PM, Steve Tasker said:

I don't think that it helped that after the first knockdown the dude seemed like he was out of it.  I've seen worse responses with a continuation of the fight though.

11 minutes ago, brianj74 said:

The first fight was close, no reason to think this will be any different. Fury won the bulk of the rounds last time but Wilder had Fury down twice.

My son is trying to get me to pay the $80 to get this at home. I'll be at a basketball game until about 10:00 Central or so. He's having some buddies over.  What time do y'all think the main event will start?  Does anyone think this is worth the ppv price?

• Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

My son is trying to get me to pay the $80 to get this at home. I'll be at a basketball game until about 10:00 Central or so. He's having some buddies over.  What time do y'all think the main event will start?  Does anyone think this is worth the ppv price?

My guess is the main event starts around 10:30 -45 your time. Worth? Obviously it is dumb expensive and anything can happen in a fight. However, as fights go, this is an exciting one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 4:00 PM, brianj74 said:

I was looking up the pay per view price for this fight and saw it was $80.

Is that what most premier pay per views are going for these days?

Seems high. I was expecting $40 to $50.

Edited by eoMMan
Posted this before reading Cletius post....

Just now, eoMMan said:

I was looking up the pay per view price for this fight and saw it was $80.

Is that what most premier pay per views are going for these days?

Seems high. I was expecting $40 to $50.

Yea this is typical.  But this is a pretty big fight.  Worth it IMO.

• Thinking 1