What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ask Dave and Alex (FFPC) and or Joe/David (1 Viewer)

DD, Perry Van Hook and I teamed up for one of my teams to take on all comers. We signed up for the Friday night league that starts at 10. Since my Red vs Blue podcast airs at 11PM that night how would I go about gaining clearance to discuss the LIVE draft in progress on the show? It would be a blast but I don't want to cause problems for anyone.

Remember what happened the last time you did a show and tried to draft a team!! :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
DD, Perry Van Hook and I teamed up for one of my teams to take on all comers. We signed up for the Friday night league that starts at 10. Since my Red vs Blue podcast airs at 11PM that night how would I go about gaining clearance to discuss the LIVE draft in progress on the show? It would be a blast but I don't want to cause problems for anyone.
I don't see this as an issue. The other people drafting are not likely even listening to what you are saying here. And if they are, your words would just be hurting your chances to get late-round players, etc. I think as long as the discussion is about players already picked and not about...This team needs to take Brady here, I don't see an issue. Have at it.

I don't see this as an issue. The other people drafting are not likely even listening to what you are saying here.
:rant: :rant: Is that a low blow????
And if they are, your words would just be hurting your chances to get late-round players, etc. I think as long as the discussion is about players already picked and not about...This team needs to take Brady here, I don't see an issue. Have at it.
:excited: ;) Well that really takes the fun out of it.

I think being that this is a large national competition with big money on the line, the best thing to do first would be to get an OK from the other 11 owners in your league. Explain that their picks will be revealed and strategy will be discussed. If you get a consensus OK from all 11, then I see no issue. But if there are objections, you will have to respect them, of course.

Is there a set deadline each week when blind bidding closes and FA's are awarded?
Short answer: Deadline is every Friday at 8:00pm Eastern. On the Weeks when there is a Thursday game, the deadline moves back to Wednesday at 8pm, which will be the only bidding process for the week.Long answer:

Footballguys Players Championship Free Agency and Blind Bidding

The following free agent blind bidding process is the only means by which free agents may be acquired in the FPC. Any active NFL player which is not on a roster in the individual FPC league is considered a free agent for that league and may be available for pick-up. Players dropped by a team are placed into the free agent player pool and will be available for pick-up (see below for exclusions).

The free agent acquisition process is made by way of "blind bidding". Each team is given 1,000 free agent "dollars" at the start of a season (not real money), which they may use to bid on free agents during a weekly blind bidding process. Bids will remain hidden from the rest of the league until after all the winning bids have been awarded. Free agent players will be awarded to the team with the highest bid for that free agent, and the winning bid amount will be deducted from that team's free agent dollars. Besides the winning bid, all other bids for that free agent are considered losing bids and are cancelled. At this point, the highest remaining bid by any team for any remaining free agent will be considered. The team with this winning bid will be awarded the free agent and all losing bids for that free agent will be cancelled. This process will continue until every remaining bid has been considered.

Bids shall be placed individually, or in groups, with conditional bids following the primary bid. The top bid is the primary bid in a bidding group. The bids underneath are conditional bids. If you lose the primary bid, the first conditional bid directly below will be considered next. If you lose the primary and the first conditional bid, then the second conditional bid will be considered, etc. The rest of your bidding groups will be processed in the same manner. A maximum of one player can be won in each bidding group. Bids within a group may have different designated drop players. It's important to remember when placing multiple free agent bids that you cannot win two players if they both have the same drop player. You may not place different bid amount on the same player. In this case, only the highest dollar bid will be considered.

Dollar amounts do not determine preference of bids - only the order in which the bids are placed determine preference. Example: conditional bid #3 can be a higher dollar amount than the primary bid.

Teams may submit as many bids as they like. There are no limitations as to the amount of players that may be acquired by any one team during the course of the weekly blind bidding process or during the course of the year, provided teams remain within the maximum number of 20 players allowed on each roster.

Teams will no longer have the ability to acquire or bid on free agents once their initial 1,000 free agent "dollars" have been spent. All bids must be in increments of dollars, with no cents. The minimum bid amount is $1.

Bids may only be accepted on each individual FPC league page, on the [To Be Announced] league management website. No bids will be accepted by telephone, email, message boards or any via any other form. In the event that [To Be Announced] website is not able to accept bids, team managers are instructed to go to www.myffpc.com or www.footballguys.com or call the FPC customer service number at 1-888-898-3372 or email support@myffpc.com for further instructions.

The blind bidding process will be available after the completion of Week 1 and end prior to Week 11 for all teams NOT advancing to the League Playoffs. Teams which ARE advancing to the League Playoffs will have the blind bidding process available to them in Weeks 12 and 13 and will end prior to Week 13. Only the four teams which make the League Playoffs in each FPC league will be allowed to continue making bids in Week 12 and Week 13. There will be no free agent pickups after the completion of the FPC regular season for teams which did not make the League Playoffs. There will be no free agent pickups for ANY team in the FPC in Weeks 14, 15 and 16.

Bids will be allowed to be entered from Tuesday at 9:00 AM EST until Friday 8:00 PM EST during Week 1 through Week 9. During Week 10 through Week 13, bids will be allowed to be entered from Tuesday at 9:00 AM EST until Wednesday 8:00 PM EST due to games on Thursdays. All bids will be processed and the rosters updated with the results of all successful bids after 8:00 PM EST, following the completion of the blind bidding process. The Wednesday blind bidding process during Week 10-13 is will be the ONLY bidding process available for these weeks.

All team managers are strongly encouraged to place their bids as early in the week as possible.

Players cut during Week 10 (November 10, 2010), Week 11 (November 17, 2010) and Week 12 (November 24, 2010) free agent bidding processes will be removed from the free agent pool and may not be re-acquired by any team. This is done to minimize the possibility of potential collusion.

FPC Commissioners reserve the right to remove a dropped player from the free agent pool or reinstate that player back to its original team, if FPC Commissioners determine that doing so is the interest of upholding the integrity of the contest, or that the dropped player would unfairly impact the outcome of the FPC, or to correct an error. In this rare instance, all participants will be notified and an explanation will be given.

In the event that there is a tie between bids, the team which is awarded the player will be determined in order by:

Worst total points.

Worst won/lost record.

Worst previous week score.

Loser of head-to-head match-up, if applicable.

Virtual coin toss.

I don't see this as an issue. The other people drafting are not likely even listening to what you are saying here.
:lmao: :rant: Is that a low blow????
And if they are, your words would just be hurting your chances to get late-round players, etc. I think as long as the discussion is about players already picked and not about...This team needs to take Brady here, I don't see an issue. Have at it.
:lmao: :lmao: Well that really takes the fun out of it.
Ask yourself this in a live draft would you be comfortable if other owners were saying who people should take out loud...This guy needs Brady here before he was selected? Would you be fine with the guy that already has two tight ends blurting out the TE sleepers that you were hoping would slide under the radar to you? I think the same standard applies.Why can't you just review how this went AFTER the draft is done? At that point you can discuss anything. With a roster of A, B, C and D, I can't believe this team passed on X when he was available type of stuff. I think that would make a better broadcast personally.

:rant: :rant: Is that a low blow????
:banned: :confused: Well that really takes the fun out of it.
Ask yourself this in a live draft would you be comfortable if other owners were saying who people should take out loud...This guy needs Brady here before he was selected? Would you be fine with the guy that already has two tight ends blurting out the TE sleepers that you were hoping would slide under the radar to you? I think the same standard applies.Why can't you just review how this went AFTER the draft is done? At that point you can discuss anything. With a roster of A, B, C and D, I can't believe this team passed on X when he was available type of stuff. I think that would make a better broadcast personally.
Let me start by saying I have absolutely NO problem commentating by your suggestions, but honestly, after doing these all last year, the drafts where we talk about picks and strategies openly, players seem to really love these broadcasts. I mean, I'm just one guy, these are high stakes players. If MY opinion sways them, why are they even attempting to draft against me? Does ESPN worry about what Dallas is going to think when Washington is on the clock? Of course not because it has zero bearing on the pick. Getting sniped is what fantasy football is all about, and I don't agree that the bigger drafts need more protection. The bigger these things get the MORE media attention they'll get. Live draft coverage with kid gloves? Just doesn't seem to make sense if this industry is going to go where we all want it to go.

Most drafts we're all thinking about a few of the same guys throughout the draft generally, so I think this stance is a bit overplayed by some of the old schoolers.

Again, no issue with the stated rules. I'll abide by them of course.

Any word yet on whether MFL.com will be the league software we using or not? And if so - what kind of time frame are we looking at before we are given links to access our leagues?

Brothers Mayhem said:
Any word yet on whether MFL.com will be the league software we using or not? And if so - what kind of time frame are we looking at before we are given links to access our leagues?
We expect to make an announcement in the next few days as the final details are being confirmed. I apologize for the delay but we really are very, very close.

Brothers Mayhem said:
We expect to make an announcement in the next few days as the final details are being confirmed. I apologize for the delay but we really are very, very close.
Oh I didn't mean to sound as if I was rushing you guys. I know you all are very busy and I, for one, appreciate all the hard work u guys do. Just thought maybe the info was already available and that I couldn't find it anywhere. You guys keep up the great work and I'll keep my eyes and ears open for when you release the info. Thanx for the rapid response.

Last week we spanned the globe. This week we discuss the major contest happenings in the industry.

PLUS.. we draw for the Red vs Blue - Footballguys Players Championship Draft slots tonight!

Yes that's right, the Official Red vs Blue draft happening on Friday August 6 at 10pm EST will be broadcast live for all to experience. We'll be breaking it down pick by pick as its happening. This draft sold out in record time!

The participants are VERY strong...

Lenny Pappano – Draftsharks.com

Darren Armani – FantasyMojo.com

Ollie Radakovitz - Army of Darkness

Scott Atkins and Perry van Hook – Hook’s Legacy Ormond Rose – Kotrax

Lou Tranquilli – BFDFantasy.com

Wayne Ellis – Coltsfan

John Duckworth – War Kittens

Mark Manzo - Olympic Drinking Team 3

Henry Muto - Chimeras

Vince Barkman - Greenwood Invincibles

Ed Nolan - Gridiron Irishman

Wow, talk about a talented draft. Let's go!! 11:00 pm EST w/ Live Chat!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/redvsblue/201...c-draft-slots-1

Note: If you have problems with the chat, upgrade your Flash player here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Last week we spanned the globe. This week we discuss the major contest happenings in the industry.

PLUS.. we draw for the Red vs Blue - Footballguys Players Championship Draft slots tonight!

Yes that's right, the Official Red vs Blue draft happening on Friday August 6 at 10pm EST will be broadcast live for all to experience. We'll be breaking it down pick by pick as its happening. This draft sold out in record time!

The participants are VERY strong...

Lenny Pappano – Draftsharks.com

Darren Armani – FantasyMojo.com

Ollie Radakovitz - Army of Darkness

Scott Atkins and Perry van Hook – Hook’s Legacy Ormond Rose – Kotrax

Lou Tranquilli – BFDFantasy.com

Wayne Ellis – Coltsfan

John Duckworth – War Kittens

Mark Manzo - Olympic Drinking Team 3

Henry Muto - Chimeras

Vince Barkman - Greenwood Invincibles

Ed Nolan - Gridiron Irishman

Wow, talk about a talented draft. Let's go!! 11:00 pm EST w/ Live Chat!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/redvsblue/201...c-draft-slots-1

Note: If you have problems with the chat, upgrade your Flash player here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Darn, I wish I could have got in this one. Looks like a fun, challenging league.

quick question - when should the rest of us with full leagues now expect our draft positions to be drawn?? looking forward to the leagues :thumbup:

Question... I see one league was formed with guys for a commentary draft.

Can we have "Themed" leagues - Say "The FFA League" or "The Shark Pool League" "Mock Forum League" "Political Whackos League"???

I see leagues forming and I don't recognize any names, thought it might me cool to see some familiar names.

Might even promote sales for people on the edge waiting to pick their League if we had a "FFA sign up"...

Thanks.

quick question - when should the rest of us with full leagues now expect our draft positions to be drawn?? looking forward to the leagues :lmao:
Typically this should happen fairly soon. We've had instances where we are still waiting for payment by mail which would hold up the draft slot selection. Also, since it is still early, we take an additional step to confirm the draft date with all 12 owners after each league fills before we draw slots.

Question... I see one league was formed with guys for a commentary draft.Can we have "Themed" leagues - Say "The FFA League" or "The Shark Pool League" "Mock Forum League" "Political Whackos League"???I see leagues forming and I don't recognize any names, thought it might me cool to see some familiar names.Might even promote sales for people on the edge waiting to pick their League if we had a "FFA sign up"...Thanks.
That one draft you are referring to is going to be a "on air" live broadcast of the live draft on Red vs Blue Blog Talk Radio show hosted by Scott Atkins. That's the only reason we named it that. I'm not sure if giving 70+ drafts a theme name is something we're going to do or be able to keep track of :lmao: .

Question... I see one league was formed with guys for a commentary draft.Can we have "Themed" leagues - Say "The FFA League" or "The Shark Pool League" "Mock Forum League" "Political Whackos League"???I see leagues forming and I don't recognize any names, thought it might me cool to see some familiar names.Might even promote sales for people on the edge waiting to pick their League if we had a "FFA sign up"...Thanks.
That one draft you are referring to is going to be a "on air" live broadcast of the live draft on Red vs Blue Blog Talk Radio show hosted by Scott Atkins. That's the only reason we named it that. I'm not sure if giving 70+ drafts a theme name is something we're going to do or be able to keep track of :lmao: .
Not sure you really have to keep track of anything or name anything - Just wondering if it was kosher to start a thread say in the FBG FFA saying "Sign up for league 18 for the FFA FBG Championship"

Not sure you really have to keep track of anything or name anything - Just wondering if it was kosher to start a thread say in the FBG FFA saying "Sign up for league 18 for the FFA FBG Championship"
Oh yeah, go right ahead. I thought you meant you wanted us to name leagues instead of using numbers Doh! :lmao:

I have been looking over the rules page and either it isn't listed or I am just missing it...but does this league count return yards for the player returning kickoffs/punts or is where just the Sp Teams/Def gets the points/yrds???

I have been looking over the rules page and either it isn't listed or I am just missing it...but does this league count return yards for the player returning kickoffs/punts or is where just the Sp Teams/Def gets the points/yrds???
Only TDs are counted for individual players AND Defense/ST. No yards on special teams or defense.We call this "Action" scoring. Any TD on the field is awarded to the individual player no manner which way it is scored. This eliminates any possiblity of the Meachum TD controversies of a year ago.

what happens if your draft that you register into does not fill up
We will make every effort to fill and close drafts. If somehow that is not possible, we will notify the league and ask each person if there is an alternate choice they would desire. If that was the only date time possible, we would simply refund the dollars.

what happens if your draft that you register into does not fill up
We will make every effort to fill and close drafts. If somehow that is not possible, we will notify the league and ask each person if there is an alternate choice they would desire. If that was the only date time possible, we would simply refund the dollars.
come on folks sign up for the friday september 3rd draft at 7p.m.!!!!!

would you be able to leave a draft that you are currently registered in to enter another which may have eleven occupants to avoid being shutout

would you be able to leave a draft that you are currently registered in to enter another which may have eleven occupants to avoid being shutout
Don't worry, noone will get shotout. Starting with Monday July 26th, we will begin evaluating registration and contacting owners from leagues which may not fill to allow them to choose a different time slot. In the meantime, please be patient as we expect registrations will start to pick up in the next couple of weeks. :)

When I click through the links from football guys to get to the registration the banner at the top of the registration page says- "guaranteed $100,000 grand prize"- this does not appear to be an add for a different contest.

baconisgood said:
When I click through the links from football guys to get to the registration the banner at the top of the registration page says- "guaranteed $100,000 grand prize"- this does not appear to be an add for a different contest.
The $100K grand prize is in reference to the Fantasy Football Players Championship, which is a totally different contest, operated by myself and my partner Dave Gerczak. It has a $1450 entry fee, Live or Online draft option, and the same format as the Footballguys Players Championship.

I haven't seen these asked, so i apologize if I missed them...

For the 50K FBG tourney:

1. Will all participants have some sort of access to view all the leagues draft results at some point or will leagues draft results only be available for those in that particular league?

2. On draft day, if a team has a co-manager, will he be able to access the draft on his own computer or does the RTS system only allow signed in access by one owner?

I haven't seen these asked, so i apologize if I missed them...For the 50K FBG tourney:1. Will all participants have some sort of access to view all the leagues draft results at some point or will leagues draft results only be available for those in that particular league?2. On draft day, if a team has a co-manager, will he be able to access the draft on his own computer or does the RTS system only allow signed in access by one owner?
Not sure about the first, but YES on the second question, you can have both people online during the draft.

I haven't seen these asked, so i apologize if I missed them...For the 50K FBG tourney:1. Will all participants have some sort of access to view all the leagues draft results at some point or will leagues draft results only be available for those in that particular league?2. On draft day, if a team has a co-manager, will he be able to access the draft on his own computer or does the RTS system only allow signed in access by one owner?
Not sure about the first, but YES on the second question, you can have both people online during the draft.
Capt Hook is correct on question #2. You can share your login with your co-manager BUT he will be able to make picks and they will be valid so please be sure you are ok with that.As for #1, all leagues will be available for viewing to all once the season gets underway.

Any plans down the road to make Weeks 14-16 Total Points as well?? (Perhaps using Regular Season Avg. Weekly Score as your playoff starting point)

I have a question on the blind bidding process. Bidding on eBay will give a winning bid to the bidder with the highest bid, at the price one increment above the second place bid.

For example, you could bid $150 for a Garmin GPS unit and win the unit at $102.50 if the second place losing bid was $100 (and the bid increment in the price range is $2.50). With this bidding process, you can put in your maximum bid and hope to get it cheaper.

If you bid $1000 for a free agent in the FFPC and the next highest bid was $50, what is the process that will take place?

I have a question on the blind bidding process. Bidding on eBay will give a winning bid to the bidder with the highest bid, at the price one increment above the second place bid.For example, you could bid $150 for a Garmin GPS unit and win the unit at $102.50 if the second place losing bid was $100 (and the bid increment in the price range is $2.50). With this bidding process, you can put in your maximum bid and hope to get it cheaper.If you bid $1000 for a free agent in the FFPC and the next highest bid was $50, what is the process that will take place?
It is a straight auction - NOT Vickery.....if you bid $1000 you will get the player and have no moves left for the rest of the yearHigh bid wins at that price

I have a question on the blind bidding process. Bidding on eBay will give a winning bid to the bidder with the highest bid, at the price one increment above the second place bid.For example, you could bid $150 for a Garmin GPS unit and win the unit at $102.50 if the second place losing bid was $100 (and the bid increment in the price range is $2.50). With this bidding process, you can put in your maximum bid and hope to get it cheaper.If you bid $1000 for a free agent in the FFPC and the next highest bid was $50, what is the process that will take place?
It is a straight auction - NOT Vickery.....if you bid $1000 you will get the player and have no moves left for the rest of the yearHigh bid wins at that price
Thanks for getting this one, Captain. :goodposting: If you bid $1000 and the next highest bid is $50, you still pay $1000. Blind bidding is actually my favorite part of playing in HSFF contests. I think that anyone not too familiar with it will enjoy the many strategy angles and decisions it will create for you as an owner on a weekly basis.

Two questions about the 3-pack I just signed up for

How/where do you choose your draft times

How/when do you get the free FBGs subscription?

Users who are viewing this thread