What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Total registrations so far (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
We are off to the races here everyone. 192 people are in this contest to date. Remember every league we fill over the 50 (600 players), we add more to the prize pool. What's everyone's best guess to the total number of teams that will be in this event this year?

We are off to the races here everyone. 192 people are in this contest to date. Remember every league we fill over the 50 (600 players), we add more to the prize pool. What's everyone's best guess to the total number of teams that will be in this event this year?
792 teams (66 leagues)

The prize structure is excellent, and the word of mouth will be striong from many including me.

I think you nail 1200 for a nice 100 leagues.

Good luck, Im in already and will be doing more I'm sure.

3'

We are up to 207 teams already. Remember the progressive kicks in at 600 teams. This will be the contest to be in this year.

on one hand I almost hate to comment on this - a really low number of teams favors those already entered with better odds, while a bigger field could increase prizes.

What is baffling is that all the people on these boards and all the subscribers to this site have generated only a few hundred entries with a not very high entry and excellent prize structure in a contest that you know will be very well run and a guaranteed timely payout :coffee:

It's just July. I have no idea how this works, but I expect most of the signups to come hot and heavy in August when pre-season rolls around. That's when most fantasy dollars start changing hands.

I may be mistaken, but I believe 240s puts this contest near or at the top of any other online format.

on one hand I almost hate to comment on this - a really low number of teams favors those already entered with better odds, while a bigger field could increase prizes.What is baffling is that all the people on these boards and all the subscribers to this site have generated only a few hundred entries with a not very high entry and excellent prize structure in a contest that you know will be very well run and a guaranteed timely payout :goodposting:
This is a little different than the NFFC who takes "reservations" for entries with the promise of running CC's at a later date. This contest is running CC's as soon as a team is purchased. That will lead to most guys waiting until later in July/August before dropping the coin on a league. I know that's why I'm waiting.

on one hand I almost hate to comment on this - a really low number of teams favors those already entered with better odds, while a bigger field could increase prizes.What is baffling is that all the people on these boards and all the subscribers to this site have generated only a few hundred entries with a not very high entry and excellent prize structure in a contest that you know will be very well run and a guaranteed timely payout :confused:
No worries here, Captain. We've seen the registration patterns in the FFPC as well as followed those of competing contests over the last few years. Between 50%-75% of the final total of registrations will end up signing up in August and early September. As the poster above mentioned, many players missed the early bird incentives are now waiting until later to register. Others simply haven't really given much consideration to entering. There are many other reasons why players are on the sidelines. But they will come and when they do, we'll be ready to process their registrations. :shrug:

Well you can add one more team just registered for aug 1st 1 pm draft.Really looking foward to this.Played in FFOC last year and it was a lot of fun even though they had some issues at the end.

CAN'T WAIT!

I think I'll go on a nice vacation somewhere really far away with my $50,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
SO tempted to join another league that drafts later. The one held earlier today was excellent.
We've got about 35+ owners who got the 3-pack for $1000 and another handful who are drafting 6+ times and possibly more. If you're starting to feel the addition, don't feel guilty. Just give in. Temptation IS good when it comes to high stakes fantasy football. :lmao:

now at 395 teams....Catch the wave people. This is the contest to be in this year.

Prize pool starts growing at 600+ teams. We are coming on strong.... We could be there in two weeks.

Currently at 430 teams. We are probably around 10-12 days away from the progressive jackpot kicking in (at 600 teams)

I can't seem to find information about this concept. I think i might be interested but there doesn't seem to be a sticky outlining what this contest is all about?

Up to 445 teams now. adding about 15 a day here so we are likely to see the 600 team number (and the start of of an increasing prize pool) in about ten days.

Would be more if you'd let people from Lousiana and the other states you don't allow to join. Why does WCOFF and FFPC get away with it and you don't?

Would be more if you'd let people from Lousiana and the other states you don't allow to join. Why does WCOFF and FFPC get away with it and you don't?
I'm sure there would be a few more. Our legal people have a different interpretation of the law than the WCOFF folks do and we felt it was in our best interests to go with that. J

Over 490 signups now. I think we should bust through the 600 teams early next week. PROGRESSIVE Jackpot about to kick in.

I'm sure there would be a few more. Our legal people have a different interpretation of the law than the WCOFF folks do and we felt it was in our best interests to go with that. J
Yet you are in bed with FFPC that has the same interpretation as WCOFF. But, whatever.

Yet you are in bed with FFPC that has the same interpretation as WCOFF. But, whatever.

The only reason I bring this up is because:FFPC allows you to register in a non-FBG states.Then they call you up and proceed to tell you how to circumvent the rules. Then they suggest you drop FBG and join FFPC leagues.If FFPC ever got in trouble I'm sure you'd get dragged in. Might as well come out of the closet altogether.

The only reason I bring this up is because:FFPC allows you to register in a non-FBG states.Then they call you up and proceed to tell you how to circumvent the rules. Then they suggest you drop FBG and join FFPC leagues.If FFPC ever got in trouble I'm sure you'd get dragged in. Might as well come out of the closet altogether.
Not sure what you are asking us to do here. FBGs lawyers concur with what the FSTA lawyers stated and there are "gray" states that are unknown how things would fall. Joe and I chose to not allow the gray states in the contest just like we have done for years on the Subscriber contest.The FFPC has an automated registration that accepts a credit card. Since they have a different interpretation of the states that can play FF contests legally it would make no sense to create two completely different system to take payments. But if someone registers for the FBG Players Championship from a state that we have deemed can't play, Chris notifies them that they can't play. Their options at that point are to get a co-manager (from an approved state) or get a refund.I feel we are covered very well by our policy. We have granted refunds to people that did not match our criteria.As for what are the other high-stakes contests doing, I am not sure I really care. I don't plan to use the ....but WCOFF guys are doing it defense. We have it in the rules. If they register from a state that we have stated can't win prizes, we contact them.

We don't tell anyone how to "circumvent the rules". Owners with addresses from banned states cannot play in the Footballguys Players Championship. Period. Owners with addresses from all other states can play. It's pretty simple. We've had about 4-5 owners from the banned states who tried registering for the Footballguys tourney, which, after being informed that they were not able to participate, have chosen to play in one of the FFPC events. Your veiled insinuation of some sort of a "bait and switch" is completely false. The FFPC and FPC and completely different business entities, owed by different corporations. We depart in our legal interpretation of this subject. There are other high stakes fantasy contests which also have different ways of handling this. It is definitely a grey area and there is no right or wrong, necessarily. Just different lawyers giving different advice.Btw, we've gone over 500 teams registered. All from eligible states. :thumbup:

Over 500 Teams....The momentum is building people. Prize pool starts increasing soon (at 600 teams). At our current rate that could be early next week.

And we still have 4 WEEKS of selling and slotting teams

We have a prize pool mapped out to 1,200 teams (100 leagues).

http://footballguys.com/contest_prizes.php

Will this event surpass even that estimate? Because of it does, this contest starts to get real interesting. Why is that? Because after 100 leagues (1,200 teams), we stop adding to the other prizes. We will add $1,500 per additional league entered to the Grand prize.

Consider:

at 100 leagues, the grand prize sits at $75,000

at 110 leagues, the top prize is $90,000

at 120 leagues, the top prize is $105,000

a big day of selling now puts our contest at a whopping 525 teams. Don't miss out people! This thing is catching fire and we are still 4 weeks from the first game.

Users who are viewing this thread