What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (8 Viewers)

Did Herschel actually send them for antibiotics specifically? Or did we switch his "medicine" to antibiotics?

Because antibiotics don't work on infections caused by viruses (colds and flu). They work on bacterial infections.

Did Herschel actually send them for antibiotics specifically? Or did we switch his "medicine" to antibiotics?

Because antibiotics don't work on infections caused by viruses (colds and flu). They work on bacterial infections.
Apparently that med he had Bob pronounce isnt an actual "antibiotic" its used to treat viral infections

Apparently that med he had Bob pronounce isnt an actual "antibiotic" its used to treat viral infections
Cool. :thumbup:

So can we stop saying they should have had plenty of antibiotics on hand already? Or should they be fully stocked in all medicines they could possibly need?

So can we stop saying they should have had plenty of antibiotics on hand already? Or should they be fully stocked in all medicines they could possibly need?
cstu would have a Walgreens in C Block.

Doesn't the prison have its own pharmacy?
You'd think, but they might have used everything up. Virgil did have his leg cut off.

This over analysis is pretty silly. If the writers wanted them to have antibiotics, then they would and it would be just as realistic as them not having antibiotics for a bunch of plausible reasons.

I don't recall one being mentioned. Likely already cleared out or located somewhere in the "tombs" area. The prison is huge and mostly unsecured. It's easy to forget we're just seeing a relatively small portion of the prison 99% of the time.

I don't recall one being mentioned. Likely already cleared out or located somewhere in the "tombs" area. The prison is huge and mostly unsecured. It's easy to forget we're just seeing a relatively small portion of the prison 99% of the time.
Although the scene with Virgil...I mean Herschell, and Carl had them in what looked like an administrative part of the prison, an area that they never showed before. Felt that was kind of odd.

You'd think, but they might have used everything up. Virgil did have his leg cut off.

This over analysis is pretty silly. If the writers wanted them to have antibiotics, then they would and it would be just as realistic as them not having antibiotics for a bunch of plausible reasons.
:mellow:
What show has a Virgil? Hard to keep track of all these characters in all these shows.

ETA: Homeland

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the scene with Virgil...I mean Herschell, and Carl had them in what looked like an administrative part of the prison, an area that they never showed before. Felt that was kind of odd.
Yes, and Sasha was in a death chamber, which was kinda cool and creepy. Apparently they cleared some additional parts of the prison since last season.

:mellow:
What show has a Virgil? Hard to keep track of all these characters in all these shows.

ETA: Homeland
Homeland.

I'm going to post this and leave the subject alone:
Do expiration dates make a difference?

According to Defense Department documents, the long-time winner is a pralidoxime autoinjector, originally labeled for five years and found to be potent for 18 years. Other long-life products include sodium thiosulfate (16 years), atropine sulfate (15 years), ciprofloxacin (13 years), and atropine autoinjector (10 years). Other products, Lyon noted, "fail potency testing rather soon after the original expiration. Epinephrine and mefloquine (Larium, Roche) give us a lot of problems."

But that does not mean consumers should buy a bottle of Cipro (ciprofloxacin, Bayer) and keep it for a dozen years, Lyon said. The military stockpiles drugs in the original packaging under controlled temperature and humidity conditions. Even under optimal storage, SLEP finds dramatic variations in shelf life between lots. That means SLEP results cannot be extended to hospital or retail pharmacy stocks.

Drugs may outlast label dates

[i think this one is gold as it's a report from the source, not sure on copyright, so linky externally]

Shelf Life Extension Program Report doc

Product Length of Original Dating Average Total Years Extended Total Shelf Life Obtained

Atropine Sulfate 2mg/ml, 25ml multidose vial 2 years 13 years 15 years

Atropine 2mg/0.7ml Autoinjector 5 years 5 years 10 years

Atropine Sulfate Inhalation Aerosol 4 years 4 years 8 years

Pralidoxime Chloride 600mg/2ml Autoinjector 5 years 13 years 18 years

Pyridostigmine Bromide 30mg tablets 5 years 5 years 10 years

Diazepam 10mg/2ml Autoinjector 4 years 5 years 9 years

Doxycycline 100mg tablets 2 years 5 years 7 years

Ciprofloxacin 500mg tablets 3 years 10 years 13 years

Sodium Nitrite 300mg/10ml vial or ampoule 2 years 8 years 10 years

Sodium Thiosulfate 12.5gm/50ml vial 2 years 14 years 16 years

Read more at http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=92040#6gElKhqz9cOKWum1.99

I don't know how many agree with me, but all of this has gotten boring since they have hunkered down at the prison. This show was at its best in season 1 when they were on the road... constantly on the run. Setting up makeshift camps; invading the CDC, etc. It's great when they are literally on the run.

:shrug:

Did Virgil ever mention anything to Tyrone about a Veterans hospital within 150 miles that could have antibacterial soap before? Or am I misremembering? :confused:

I don't know how many agree with me, but all of this has gotten boring since they have hunkered down at the prison. This show was at its best in season 1 when they were on the road... constantly on the run. Setting up makeshift camps; invading the CDC, etc. It's great when they are literally on the run.

I can see how some are boring. I like getting to know that characters though and I dont think they did a good job of that early on. Hell, in season one they didnt have half of the people thet have now at the prison.

It looks like theyre going to have to move again which is cool.

I think Season 2 has been the best season so far and they spent that entire season on the farm which I know irked some folks. I don't think staying in one location is an issue. It's all about the storytelling. But it does appear they'll be forced out of the prison at some point. With more and more walkers heading toward the prison it doesn't seem possible they can stay there permanently.

What do they do with the bodies of the walkers that they kill at the fence? I'd expect after this much time, they'd just be piling up if they just left them where they fell; doesn't seem to be the case.

I liked it when the zombies actually posed a meaningful threat. Now Pouty gets out of a car and is surrounded by them and escapes without a scratch.

I liked it when the zombies actually posed a meaningful threat. Now Pouty gets out of a car and is surrounded by them and escapes without a scratch.
I'm fine with that if they make humans more of a threat. I'm sure they'll get there but the show is dull right now. I'd wish I could wait a month and watch all 5 of the next episodes straight through but this is the one show that I don't watch after the whole season has aired.

I know now they just treat them like bugs they swat then they get in the way. They only worry about them when they swarm.

2nd episode of the 3rd season Carl told the women he had cleared out the medical areas in the prison on his own when he brought back supplies for Herschel's stump. He said the area had been mostly cleaned out before they got there.

2nd episode of the 3rd season Carl told the women he had cleared out the medical areas in the prison on his own when he brought back supplies for Herschel's stump. He said the area had been mostly cleaned out before they got there.
Is that the area they were in? I didn't see anything that would make one think that was the medical area.

Either way, it was kinda cool how they showed a different area of the prison that we hadn't seen.

Is that the area they were in? I didn't see anything that would make one think that was the medical area.

Either way, it was kinda cool how they showed a different area of the prison that we hadn't seen.
I think the Council said they were moving the young and the old to the "Administration" area. I'm guessing the medical area might be kind of small since they started locking up all the infected in "A" block and they said they would put Karen and redshirt in the tombs so they wouldn't expose anyone else.

Agreed that its good to see other parts of the prison. Clearly they wasted some of that time they should have spent gathering antibiotics securing the rest of the prison and fixing the downed fence area in the back that Tyrese and company came thru.

I think Season 2 has been the best season so far and they spent that entire season on the farm which I know irked some folks. I don't think staying in one location is an issue. It's all about the storytelling. But it does appear they'll be forced out of the prison at some point. With more and more walkers heading toward the prison it doesn't seem possible they can stay there permanently.
The first season and the second half of the second season were awesome. Who wrote and directed those? Season 3 and 4 have been way below that standard.

Being on the road rocked.

Copeman said:
Parrothead said:
doesn't gasoline have a shelf life as well? How long until their gas supplies are no longer useable for vehicles?
3-4 months, but with some additives it would be fine for up to at least a year, with other factors involved.
that's what I thought- so their gas is what- 2 years old now?
Not sure of the exact time line. Most gas nowadays would be usable up to that point, but it would kill the car eventually. I am kind of interested to see if they ever address this issue.
Really? I hope they don't start addressing stuff like the gas going bad. Where would you draw the line?

Copeman said:
Parrothead said:
doesn't gasoline have a shelf life as well? How long until their gas supplies are no longer useable for vehicles?
3-4 months, but with some additives it would be fine for up to at least a year, with other factors involved.
Not sure of the exact time line. Most gas nowadays would be usable up to that point, but it would kill the car eventually. I am kind of interested to see if they ever address this issue.
Really? I hope they don't start addressing stuff like the gas going bad. Where would you draw the line?
I just mean going more to other means of transportation. Like horses maybe (more than just Michonne). Not them going into detail, like Rick and Daryl talking about bad gas or something, I mean just showing the viewer that they have moved on from them, and letting he viewer know that way. But of course, most uneducated viewers wouldn't know or realize gas goes bad, so they might (if at all), have to explain.

I didn't have an issue with them in the farm. I enjoyed the character growth. :thumbup: The only thing I think 99.9% of us can agree with is the Sophie search went on WAY to long.

I didn't have an issue with them in the farm. I enjoyed the character growth. :thumbup: The only thing I think 99.9% of us can agree with is the Sophie search went on WAY to long.
Seriously. Even I wouldn't chase a 12 year old girl that long.

Copeman said:
Parrothead said:
I just mean going more to other means of transportation. Like horses maybe (more than just Michonne). Not them going into detail, like Rick and Daryl talking about bad gas or something, I mean just showing the viewer that they have moved on from them, and letting he viewer know that way. But of course, most uneducated viewers wouldn't know or realize gas goes bad, so they might (if at all), have to explain.
Gotcha

Being on the road rocked.
Not really a spoiler since the TV show went in a completely different direction, but in the comics:

when the Governor attacked the prison, the survivors were all forced to leave and go on the road. No taking in of old Woodbury people.
I wish they would have stuck with that.

they made up for it with the barn scene. maybe the length of the search made that scene even more unexpected.

Agreed that its good to see other parts of the prison. Clearly they wasted some of that time they should have spent gathering antibiotics securing the rest of the prison and fixing the downed fence area in the back that Tyrese and company came thru.
:lol:

cstu would have a Walgreens in C Block.
It's funny because it's true.

So wrong.. yet :lmao:

So wrong.. yet :lmao:
:lmao:

Copeman said:
Parrothead said:
Gas goes bad, but still works. It'll just hurt the engine. The good news here is that cars are pretty much like disposable lighters in this scenario.
I would think the injectors and carborators would gum up within about 6 months in the cars that are just sitting around. That said, they can probably find cars that are brand new and basically never been driven.

Did one of the episodes show Carol killing the two people? I was :shuked: when it came out that it was her. How did Rick figure it out?

Note: I need to stop watching these episodes when I'm half-asleep.
rick noticed a handprint on the door. Kind of just put two and two together and just asked.
:goodposting: he found something near one of the bodies, then followed the blood trails back to the door where he found a bloody hand print.He had already brought up the possibility that whomever killed them was doing it to save the group.

Then watching her sacrifice her safety to get the water running led Rick to think Carol was the one.
Interesting. I recall the bloody handprint, but had no idea why that could be tied to Carol.
My impression was went he bent down that he thought the hand print was from someone small (low on the door) and then he took Carols comment about doing anything to be safe and put it together.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand WHY Carol felt the need to kill those two people?

They had already been contained, the whole cell block had been exposed, worse case scenario they turn and you put them down then.

Murdering them seemed pointless and worse if she was concerned about spreading the illness after she stabbed them and drug them around wouldn't she just be dragging the cooties back to the others anyway?

Or at the least when they passed out then put a shiv in their ear.

Even if she did kill them, why wouldn't you just say "Yup I was bringing them water and they tried to chew my face off so I put them down." No problem.

This whole murder line is nonsensical.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand WHY Carol felt the need to kill those two people?

They had already been contained, the whole cell block had been exposed, worse case scenario they turn and you put them down then.

Murdering them seemed pointless and worse if she was concerned about spreading the illness after she stabbed them and drug them around wouldn't she just be dragging the cooties back to the others anyway?

Or at the least when they passed out then put a shiv in their ear.

Even if she did kill them, why wouldn't you just say "Yup I was bringing them water and they tried to chew my face off so I put them down." No problem.

This whole murder line is nonsensical.
I am not going to justify her actions, but you make some huge assumptions at the beginning. You say they have been contained and the whole cell block is already exposed, but Carol is not a CDC employee, she is a battered wife whose husband sure didn't seem like he was a college grad. Something tells me she isn't on the well educated side of the spectrum. If you don't think people like that can "panic" and do irrational things, then you don't know human nature. It is easy to talk calmly about things and bring logic into the equation, but a lot of posts in here assume that these people on the show are really smart and actually analyze and think through all scenarios before acting. They don't.

Sorry for the rant, but I want to remind people to level set their expectations for people on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread